HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Finally a home win!

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2013, 08:19 PM
BlameUtley
When all else fails

vCash: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
Short term memories. There are amazing quarterbacks that had horrible seasons to start their careers.

This is one game.
are you talking about Foles or Barkley? Because I still like Foles, he just couldnt hit an open receiver today. I not high on Barkley though.

Old
10-20-2013, 08:48 PM
Hexastate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
are you talking about Foles or Barkley? Because I still like Foles, he just couldnt hit an open receiver today. I not high on Barkley though.
I still like foles. But his game was miserable

Old
10-20-2013, 09:56 PM
BlameUtley
When all else fails

vCash: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
I still like foles. But his game was miserable
oh, I know. Probably the worst qb performance I have ever seen from an Eagle. it was terrible. He was missing wide open guys without being pressured. it was terrible.

Old
10-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Phileeguy
ĦEl Torito!

Well, apparently there were a bunch of Flyers at the Eagles game yesterday, and I'm sure they had a hell of a time. I'm not usually one to post something that's on a blog via a reader e-mail and claim it as gospel, but nothing written here seems too far-fetched. Still, I suggest readers recognize it for what it is.

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2013/10...yesterday.html

My favorite line:
Quote:
Read joked to G every time the Eagles got booed by the fans that it sounded like the Flyers power play.
Well, if the shoe fits.

Old
10-21-2013, 01:11 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
Well, apparently there were a bunch of Flyers at the Eagles game yesterday, and I'm sure they had a hell of a time. I'm not usually one to post something that's on a blog via a reader e-mail and claim it as gospel, but nothing written here seems too far-fetched. Still, I suggest readers recognize it for what it is.

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2013/10...yesterday.html

My favorite line:

Well, if the shoe fits.
I suggest you recognize CrossingBroad for what it is:

or

10-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Phileeguy
ĦEl Torito!

Why "or?" It certainly seems like both at times.

Old
10-21-2013, 11:03 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

vCash: 50
Quote:
Barkley by week 8.
Posted that in August. Looks like there is a good chance he starts vs. the Giants.

Old
10-22-2013, 08:58 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Just passing this along lol

Old
10-22-2013, 09:26 AM
Hiesenberg

Les Bowen tweeted that Vick will announce he's playing this week.

Old
10-22-2013, 09:38 AM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Just passing this along lol
I'm happy for Reid. Last year was probably the worst year of his life dealing with his son mostly and then add the firing. Chiefs have had the 2nd most easy schedule in the league and still have their next two games against sub-500 teams until they play a real team, the Broncos.

Old
10-22-2013, 10:49 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
I'm happy for Reid. Last year was probably the worst year of his life dealing with his son mostly and then add the firing. Chiefs have had the 2nd most easy schedule in the league and still have their next two games against sub-500 teams until they play a real team, the Broncos.
Yea, I like Reid, but it didn't make that less funny lol.

I think the Chiefs will be a team that gets booted quick in the playoffs. My opinion could change if the D hangs with Denver though. So far they haven't really played anyone.

Old
10-22-2013, 11:54 AM
flybynite77

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
Chiefs will have a few years and then as more and more of the team is Andy Reid drafted starters you'll find them become less competitive. Reid was always the kind of guy who wanted to show up a doubter and zig when someone said he had to zag. Like with his passing dominated offense even with top-5 NFL RB's and the same with his draft picks.

When everyone and his cousin was saying the Eagles needed to get a safety and then the Eagles moved up and everyone and his cousin again thought "Great move, now they can get Earl Thomas and solidify that position." Reid had to get Brandon Graham.

I still get ticked off watching a Seahawks game and seeing Earl Thomas play.

Old
10-22-2013, 12:03 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybynite77 View Post
Chiefs will have a few years and then as more and more of the team is Andy Reid drafted starters you'll find them become less competitive. Reid was always the kind of guy who wanted to show up a doubter and zig when someone said he had to zag. Like with his passing dominated offense even with top-5 NFL RB's and the same with his draft picks.

When everyone and his cousin was saying the Eagles needed to get a safety and then the Eagles moved up and everyone and his cousin again thought "Great move, now they can get Earl Thomas and solidify that position." Reid had to get Brandon Graham.

I still get ticked off watching a Seahawks game and seeing Earl Thomas play.
I get what you're saying and agree to an extent, but Reid didn't exactly inherit the Patriots. The Chiefs went 2-14 last season.

Old
10-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Hiesenberg

The Chiefs Defense last year was good as well, they got better and its the same story over again. Reid's team D, something he did nothing to earn is carrying a team again.

Ray Rhodes built that Eagles D that dominated all those year and JJ implemented an outstanding scheme around those players.

Old
10-22-2013, 12:22 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I get what you're saying and agree to an extent, but Reid didn't exactly inherit the Patriots. The Chiefs went 2-14 last season.
Actually, the Chiefs have had a roster full of talent for a few years now. Almost everyone associated with the NFL thought they were an average starting quarterback and a decent coach away from contention. I said it when he got hired, but this Chiefs team offers him as good a chance to win a superbowl as he had from 2001-2005 in Philadelphia. As others have pointed out, it'll be interesting to see if he runs them into the ground with piss poor drafting like he did with the Eagles.

Old
10-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
True but it is a similar situation to when he took over the Eagles. Bad team, top draft choice, good, potentially very good defense. He needs to find his QB now, unless he thinks Smith is it.

Old
10-22-2013, 12:50 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Actually, the Chiefs have had a roster full of talent for a few years now. Almost everyone associated with the NFL thought they were an average starting quarterback and a decent coach away from contention. I said it when he got hired, but this Chiefs team offers him as good a chance to win a superbowl as he had from 2001-2005 in Philadelphia. As others have pointed out, it'll be interesting to see if he runs them into the ground with piss poor drafting like he did with the Eagles.
Well that is basically my point. They went 2-14 with a majority of the same players, Reid is the coach that is getting them to 7-0. I'm not saying he is the only reason why, I'm saying he is doing more with the same players.

Old
10-22-2013, 01:03 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Well that is basically my point. They went 2-14 with a majority of the same players, Reid is the coach that is getting them to 7-0. I'm not saying he is the only reason why, I'm saying he is doing more with the same players.
I agree with you. Reid can certainly win if he has the right talent in place, which he does in Kansas City. The real test will be in a couple of years when he has to start replacing that talent with younger draft picks. That's where he fell completely flat on his face in Philly after 2005.

I was never one to buy into the whole idea that Andy "can't win the big one". There were plenty of other reasons, besides coaching, why the Eagles never won one in the early 2000's.

Old
10-27-2013, 08:27 AM
4thline4life

The best thing for the future would be to lose today but I'm not going to root for it. This season has 8-8 written all over it.

Old
10-27-2013, 09:01 AM
Phileeguy
ĦEl Torito!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman26 View Post
The best thing for the future would be to lose today but I'm not going to root for it. This season has 8-8 written all over it.
As long as one of those W's comes at home against the Bears in the last week (heck with this division that game could get flexed) when I'll be there that's fine by me. After last season, I might be okay with 8-8 for a rookie HC. Reid only mustered 5-11 in his first year. Of course he also brought in a good QB before any game started and had the pieces to a good defense in place... sound familiar?

I understand wanting a worse record for a better pick and possibly a shot at a QB that could be the future of the franchise, but they also need other bad teams that currently have worse records to somehow finish better than them. There's at least 4 or 5 of those that could be in the hunt for a QB in the draft as well. Something tells me no matter what, the Eagles will probably have to trade up to get a chance to get one.

As for today... I dunno. It would be nice to see a home win after longer than a year of none. Before the game, I had the feeling that the Eagles would lose at home against SD, and they did. I felt the same way against Dallas before that one. I don't quite feel the same way today. The Giants are bad. They looked ugly in their woeful win against the hapless Vikings. But then again, this is a divisional game. No outcome would surprise me.

Old
10-27-2013, 12:07 PM
chinatown81592
DJ Okawari

Well yeah...

Old
10-27-2013, 12:10 PM
BringBackStevens

It really annoys me how fast everyone abandoned foles for vick. Vick is awful

Old
10-27-2013, 12:41 PM
Gert B Frobe

I'm going to follow Marcus Vick on twitter - because his brother is clearly so much better than Nick Foles and I want to hear all about it.

Funny - nothing from him so far today...

Old
10-27-2013, 12:46 PM

That high powered Chip Kelly offense

Old
10-27-2013, 12:47 PM
Phileeguy
ĦEl Torito!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
I'm going to follow Marcus Vick on twitter - because his brother is clearly so much better than Nick Foles and I want to hear all about it.

Funny - nothing from him so far today...
Why even waste your time with that troll? It says something when his brother was sent to Leavenworth for torturing/killing animals and admitted he had a lackadaisical attitude to his job that got him 2 $100M contracts and Marcus is considered the loser brother.

That said, I've seen 3rd world countries' space programs get off to better starts than the Eagles today.

Closed Thread