HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Move Coming - Vey + Toffoli Recalled, Ellerby on Waivers

Old
10-27-2013, 10:35 AM
Omni Owl
Dual Negative

vCash: 500
Nice to have so many quality guys to choose from down in Manch...

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 11:05 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Keith Jones speculated about Moulson ending up a LA King. He pointed out during the Flyers/Isles broadcast that Moulson and Quick are brother in laws and good friends.

A few weeks ago, Staple raised some eyebrows in a fanchat, suggesting the isles who rely on speed, may not want to give 30 yr old Moulson $5m per on an extension. Have there been any credible Moulson /LA rumors?
The only way we could afford him is if we send Mitchell, Regher or Greene back the other way. Sutter and Lombardi are set in absolute stone about pairing a puck mover with a big, physical stay-at-home d-man so moving any of those three guys is a no-go.

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 11:15 AM
Brad Doty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Keith Jones speculated about Moulson ending up a LA King. He pointed out during the Flyers/Isles broadcast that Moulson and Quick are brother in laws and good friends.

A few weeks ago, Staple raised some eyebrows in a fanchat, suggesting the isles who rely on speed, may not want to give 30 yr old Moulson $5m per on an extension. Have there been any credible Moulson /LA rumors?
Haven't heard any, though we've known of that connection for a while, and I'm not sure we could throw around that kind of money anyway without giving some up. I don't know what we could give the Isles for him, either, as we can't really create any holes in our lineup.

Plus, not sure how DL feels about trading for a guy he waived...not that that should matter, just not sure how pro GMs think about things.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 12:05 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Haven't heard any, though we've known of that connection for a while, and I'm not sure we could throw around that kind of money anyway without giving some up. I don't know what we could give the Isles for him, either, as we can't really create any holes in our lineup.

Plus, not sure how DL feels about trading for a guy he waived...not that that should matter, just not sure how pro GMs think about things.
He wasn't waived, just let go, for what its worth.

If the cap jumps to 70 million, and we lose Stoll somewhere along the way, we can hypothetically afford Moulson with about a couple million to spare.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 12:38 PM
onlyalad

If anything happens to bring up a player it will be for prospects/picks. You dont add roster space by aquiring a roster player

onlyalad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 12:38 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Watching some of the Monarch highlights and reading about them it's easy to see why the Kings' brass wants Toffoli to remain on the RW.

Traditionally, the higher scoring wingers are usually on the right side. Toffoli looks like a natural, why screw that up?

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 12:42 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Brown is kind of dragging us down a little bit. Was thinking of:

Brown-Kopitar-Toffoli
Richards-Carter-Williams

That second line could probably score at will, but with Brown playing delirious and injured, I am not sure about putting a rookie on his opposite wing.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
I thought Frattin was who I thought he was the last Kings game. Other than that he's been disappointing. Still, new system, new team, new city and he's still young and relatively new to the NHL. I would love to see a kids line similar to the speed line of Donnelly-Millen-Granato from the 92-93 team but we have a coach who does not like unpredictability from his 3rd and 4th line. Get the puck, dump the puck, cycle the puck, not sure creativity is even wanted from those guys and forcing young, talented players into that sort of style isn't good for their development.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CBGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post

Traditionally, the higher scoring wingers are usually on the right side.
You mean like Luc Robitaille?

CBGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 12:50 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBGB View Post
You mean like Luc Robitaille?
Nah, I was thinking about guys like Gordie Howe, Guy Lefleur, Jaromir Jagr, Teemu Selanne, and Brett Hull. Quite a few more RWs at the top of the goal scoring list before you get to the first LW.

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 12:51 PM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post

Brown-Kopitar-Toffoli
Richards-Carter-Williams

That second line could probably score at will, but with Brown playing delirious and injured, I am not sure about putting a rookie on his opposite wing.
Brown's injured?

sweatypickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 12:54 PM
Omni Owl
Dual Negative

Quote:

Brown-Kopitar-Toffoli
Richards-Carter-Williams

That's a lotta shock and awe on the top 2 lines...

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 12:56 PM
deeshamrock

Some nice goals and a great hit by Deslauriers on this video of highlights from the Monarchs 5-3 win an that last goal by Pearson is sweet...get him a plane ticket, there is a spot on the 2nd line with his name on it.

http://mayorsmanor.com/2013/10/ahl-t...could-be-next/

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 12:58 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:

Brown-Kopitar-Toffoli
Richards-Carter-Williams

\

Richards can't play LW, he's only effective at center. he's not comfortable there and generally looks out of sync. Short term for a game or two, but beyond that, no. He'll go back to center.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 01:10 PM
kingsfan
Doing the PR for RP

It will be something small, like Ellerby down and Pearson/Toffoli up.

Toffoli would have made more sense when we weren't scoring. We've been doing better the last few games, especially Phoenix.

We need to tighten up defensively upfront, whose been playing better defensively in Manchester amongst our top forwards (Toffoli, Pearson, etc.)? Vey would be an interesting recall.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 01:14 PM
KBA4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Some nice goals and a great hit by Deslauriers on this video of highlights from the Monarchs 5-3 win an that last goal by Pearson is sweet...get him a plane ticket, there is a spot on the 2nd line with his name on it.

http://mayorsmanor.com/2013/10/ahl-t...could-be-next/
That soccer pass from Toffoli was awesome, very good skill on all the Narchs' goals

KBA4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

It'll never happen but honestly the thing to do is trade Stoll, Clifford & Fraser, and bring up Pearson-Vey-Toffoli to play together.

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 01:33 PM
Basilisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post

Stoll? His contract is similar to Moulsen's and Stoll might be replaceable with a rookie. Maybe Lewis moves up to the 3rd line center and a rookie becomes the 4th line center?

Basilisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 01:35 PM
KBA4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
It'll never happen but honestly the thing to do is trade Stoll, Clifford & Fraser, and bring up Pearson-Vey-Toffoli to play together.
Clifford has stagnated but I still think DL should hold onto him a while longer, Stoll and Fraser are thoroughly worthless though. There is no way in hell Stoll corrals the hard pass that Vey scored on in the highlights above.

KBA4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 01:35 PM
Basilisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post

Never say never!

But seriously, has Clifford's play warranted being scratched?

Basilisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 02:31 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Wow, it isn't hard at all to see why Dean is looking to make a move after that game. Weal, Shore, Vey, Toffoli, and Pearson are killing it. They look to be skating and playing on a completely different level down there.

Old
10-27-2013, 02:46 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Wow, it isn't hard at all to see why Dean is looking to make a move after that game. Weal, Shore, Vey, Toffoli, and Pearson are killing it. They look to be skating and playing on a completely different level down there.
Even weal and shore?

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 02:51 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Even weal and shore?
Especially Weal. He's been flying around the ice and setting people up left and right with crazy plays leading to scoring chances. Weal is 3rd on the team with 9 points in 10 games.

The only one there you can question is Shore, which I think has all the intangibles to become a Stoll replacement. He has been skating and grinding hard and getting the job done, and also had a very impressive training camp.

Definitely like what I see from both of them, even though the chances are against them all making the Kings in the future. Good players, good development.

Old
10-27-2013, 03:06 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

The sad thing is, unless we trade Stoll, 2 out of 3 (Vey, Weal and Shore) will probably never see a day in a kings uni. I think Shore has the inside track but I'm also really pulling for Weal.

HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 03:17 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Especially Weal. He's been flying around the ice and setting people up left and right with crazy plays leading to scoring chances. Weal is 3rd on the team with 9 points in 10 games.

The only one there you can question is Shore, which I think has all the intangibles to become a Stoll replacement. He has been skating and grinding hard and getting the job done, and also had a very impressive training camp.

Definitely like what I see from both of them, even though the chances are against them all making the Kings in the future. Good players, good development.
Weal has amazed. So good.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote