HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Move Coming - Vey + Toffoli Recalled, Ellerby on Waivers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-27-2013, 10:35 AM
  #76
Omni Owl
Dual Negative
 
Omni Owl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: North Korea
Posts: 3,743
vCash: 500
Nice to have so many quality guys to choose from down in Manch...

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 11:05 AM
  #77
Thrice
Coyote Killer
 
Thrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Keith Jones speculated about Moulson ending up a LA King. He pointed out during the Flyers/Isles broadcast that Moulson and Quick are brother in laws and good friends.

A few weeks ago, Staple raised some eyebrows in a fanchat, suggesting the isles who rely on speed, may not want to give 30 yr old Moulson $5m per on an extension. Have there been any credible Moulson /LA rumors?
The only way we could afford him is if we send Mitchell, Regher or Greene back the other way. Sutter and Lombardi are set in absolute stone about pairing a puck mover with a big, physical stay-at-home d-man so moving any of those three guys is a no-go.

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 11:15 AM
  #78
Brad Doty
Moderator
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Brad Doty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 17,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Keith Jones speculated about Moulson ending up a LA King. He pointed out during the Flyers/Isles broadcast that Moulson and Quick are brother in laws and good friends.

A few weeks ago, Staple raised some eyebrows in a fanchat, suggesting the isles who rely on speed, may not want to give 30 yr old Moulson $5m per on an extension. Have there been any credible Moulson /LA rumors?
Haven't heard any, though we've known of that connection for a while, and I'm not sure we could throw around that kind of money anyway without giving some up. I don't know what we could give the Isles for him, either, as we can't really create any holes in our lineup.

Plus, not sure how DL feels about trading for a guy he waived...not that that should matter, just not sure how pro GMs think about things.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 12:05 PM
  #79
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Haven't heard any, though we've known of that connection for a while, and I'm not sure we could throw around that kind of money anyway without giving some up. I don't know what we could give the Isles for him, either, as we can't really create any holes in our lineup.

Plus, not sure how DL feels about trading for a guy he waived...not that that should matter, just not sure how pro GMs think about things.
He wasn't waived, just let go, for what its worth.

If the cap jumps to 70 million, and we lose Stoll somewhere along the way, we can hypothetically afford Moulson with about a couple million to spare.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 12:38 PM
  #80
onlyalad
Registered User
 
onlyalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,081
vCash: 500
If anything happens to bring up a player it will be for prospects/picks. You dont add roster space by aquiring a roster player

onlyalad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 12:38 PM
  #81
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 18,622
vCash: 500
Watching some of the Monarch highlights and reading about them it's easy to see why the Kings' brass wants Toffoli to remain on the RW.

Traditionally, the higher scoring wingers are usually on the right side. Toffoli looks like a natural, why screw that up?

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 12:42 PM
  #82
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 27,109
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Brown is kind of dragging us down a little bit. Was thinking of:

Brown-Kopitar-Toffoli
Richards-Carter-Williams

That second line could probably score at will, but with Brown playing delirious and injured, I am not sure about putting a rookie on his opposite wing.

__________________

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 12:42 PM
  #83
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
I thought Frattin was who I thought he was the last Kings game. Other than that he's been disappointing. Still, new system, new team, new city and he's still young and relatively new to the NHL. I would love to see a kids line similar to the speed line of Donnelly-Millen-Granato from the 92-93 team but we have a coach who does not like unpredictability from his 3rd and 4th line. Get the puck, dump the puck, cycle the puck, not sure creativity is even wanted from those guys and forcing young, talented players into that sort of style isn't good for their development.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 12:42 PM
  #84
CBGB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post

Traditionally, the higher scoring wingers are usually on the right side.
You mean like Luc Robitaille?

CBGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 12:50 PM
  #85
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 18,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBGB View Post
You mean like Luc Robitaille?
Nah, I was thinking about guys like Gordie Howe, Guy Lefleur, Jaromir Jagr, Teemu Selanne, and Brett Hull. Quite a few more RWs at the top of the goal scoring list before you get to the first LW.

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 12:51 PM
  #86
sweatypickle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Brown is kind of dragging us down a little bit. Was thinking of:

Brown-Kopitar-Toffoli
Richards-Carter-Williams

That second line could probably score at will, but with Brown playing delirious and injured, I am not sure about putting a rookie on his opposite wing.
Brown's injured?

sweatypickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 12:54 PM
  #87
Omni Owl
Dual Negative
 
Omni Owl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: North Korea
Posts: 3,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Brown is kind of dragging us down a little bit. Was thinking of:

Brown-Kopitar-Toffoli
Richards-Carter-Williams

That second line could probably score at will, but with Brown playing delirious and injured, I am not sure about putting a rookie on his opposite wing.
That's a lotta shock and awe on the top 2 lines...

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 12:56 PM
  #88
deeshamrock
Registered User
 
deeshamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,969
vCash: 500
Some nice goals and a great hit by Deslauriers on this video of highlights from the Monarchs 5-3 win an that last goal by Pearson is sweet...get him a plane ticket, there is a spot on the 2nd line with his name on it.


http://mayorsmanor.com/2013/10/ahl-t...could-be-next/

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 12:58 PM
  #89
deeshamrock
Registered User
 
deeshamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Brown is kind of dragging us down a little bit. Was thinking of:

Brown-Kopitar-Toffoli
Richards-Carter-Williams

That second line could probably score at will, but with Brown playing delirious and injured, I am not sure about putting a rookie on his opposite wing.
\

Richards can't play LW, he's only effective at center. he's not comfortable there and generally looks out of sync. Short term for a game or two, but beyond that, no. He'll go back to center.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 01:10 PM
  #90
kingsfan
Doing the PR for RP
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,761
vCash: 500
It will be something small, like Ellerby down and Pearson/Toffoli up.

Toffoli would have made more sense when we weren't scoring. We've been doing better the last few games, especially Phoenix.

We need to tighten up defensively upfront, whose been playing better defensively in Manchester amongst our top forwards (Toffoli, Pearson, etc.)? Vey would be an interesting recall.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 01:14 PM
  #91
KBA4life
Registered User
 
KBA4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Some nice goals and a great hit by Deslauriers on this video of highlights from the Monarchs 5-3 win an that last goal by Pearson is sweet...get him a plane ticket, there is a spot on the 2nd line with his name on it.


http://mayorsmanor.com/2013/10/ahl-t...could-be-next/
That soccer pass from Toffoli was awesome, very good skill on all the Narchs' goals

KBA4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 01:19 PM
  #92
Stupid Sexy Flanders
Registered User
 
Stupid Sexy Flanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,426
vCash: 500
It'll never happen but honestly the thing to do is trade Stoll, Clifford & Fraser, and bring up Pearson-Vey-Toffoli to play together.

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 01:33 PM
  #93
Basilisk
Registered User
 
Basilisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Liechtenstein
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Haven't heard any, though we've known of that connection for a while, and I'm not sure we could throw around that kind of money anyway without giving some up. I don't know what we could give the Isles for him, either, as we can't really create any holes in our lineup.

Stoll? His contract is similar to Moulsen's and Stoll might be replaceable with a rookie. Maybe Lewis moves up to the 3rd line center and a rookie becomes the 4th line center?

Basilisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 01:35 PM
  #94
KBA4life
Registered User
 
KBA4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
It'll never happen but honestly the thing to do is trade Stoll, Clifford & Fraser, and bring up Pearson-Vey-Toffoli to play together.
Clifford has stagnated but I still think DL should hold onto him a while longer, Stoll and Fraser are thoroughly worthless though. There is no way in hell Stoll corrals the hard pass that Vey scored on in the highlights above.

KBA4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 01:35 PM
  #95
Basilisk
Registered User
 
Basilisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Liechtenstein
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
It'll never happen but honestly the thing to do is trade Stoll, Clifford & Fraser, and bring up Pearson-Vey-Toffoli to play together.

Never say never!

But seriously, has Clifford's play warranted being scratched?

Basilisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 02:31 PM
  #96
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 27,109
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Wow, it isn't hard at all to see why Dean is looking to make a move after that game. Weal, Shore, Vey, Toffoli, and Pearson are killing it. They look to be skating and playing on a completely different level down there.

Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 02:46 PM
  #97
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Wow, it isn't hard at all to see why Dean is looking to make a move after that game. Weal, Shore, Vey, Toffoli, and Pearson are killing it. They look to be skating and playing on a completely different level down there.
Even weal and shore?

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 02:51 PM
  #98
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 27,109
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Even weal and shore?
Especially Weal. He's been flying around the ice and setting people up left and right with crazy plays leading to scoring chances. Weal is 3rd on the team with 9 points in 10 games.

The only one there you can question is Shore, which I think has all the intangibles to become a Stoll replacement. He has been skating and grinding hard and getting the job done, and also had a very impressive training camp.

Definitely like what I see from both of them, even though the chances are against them all making the Kings in the future. Good players, good development.

Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 03:06 PM
  #99
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character
 
HYORI 1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,498
vCash: 500
The sad thing is, unless we trade Stoll, 2 out of 3 (Vey, Weal and Shore) will probably never see a day in a kings uni. I think Shore has the inside track but I'm also really pulling for Weal.

HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 03:17 PM
  #100
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Especially Weal. He's been flying around the ice and setting people up left and right with crazy plays leading to scoring chances. Weal is 3rd on the team with 9 points in 10 games.

The only one there you can question is Shore, which I think has all the intangibles to become a Stoll replacement. He has been skating and grinding hard and getting the job done, and also had a very impressive training camp.

Definitely like what I see from both of them, even though the chances are against them all making the Kings in the future. Good players, good development.
Weal has amazed. So good.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.