HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread p20 - "Maybe Next Year" Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-27-2013, 07:21 PM
  #26
gelu88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brossard, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 848
vCash: 500
I have to say, the MLS Cup is a pretty sweet looking trophy:


gelu88 is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 07:22 PM
  #27
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Odds would probably favor a 4231 Formation

GK: Perkins
DEF: Camara, ???? , Ferrari, Brovsky
DM: Bernier-Bernardello
AM: Felipe
LM: Mapp
RM: ??
ST: Di Vaio

Wenger had a solid game on the wing not so long ago. At this point I prefer him over Arnaud & Romero. At CB, Its in between Lefevre and Nesta, depending on Sandro's health
Same lineup for me. On the wing I'd play Pisanu. Yes Pisanu. He's a good player he just can't run. He also has good chemistry with Di Vaio. I'd sub him out at the 60th minute mark.

Captain Saku is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 07:26 PM
  #28
JunglePete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,233
vCash: 500
1 leg game? How ridiculous and unfair?
At least, play it on a neutral venue

JunglePete is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 07:40 PM
  #29
JordanStaal#1Fan
Registered User
 
JordanStaal#1Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Asbestos, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,836
vCash: 50
We're in and that's all that count. Hopefully yesterday's humiliation will have woken the troops up.

ALLEZ L'IMPACT ALLEZ!

JordanStaal#1Fan is online now  
Old
10-27-2013, 07:56 PM
  #30
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JunglePete View Post
1 leg game? How ridiculous and unfair?
At least, play it on a neutral venue
They finished 4th, we finished 5th. They finished above us, they have the right to have the home field advantage.

Btw Brad/Blake's brother, if ever you read this, mind asking Blake what the coaching staff has been telling him on why he isn't getting any minutes? Really intrigued to see what their explanation to him is...

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 08:11 PM
  #31
gelu88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brossard, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 848
vCash: 500
In my opinion this play-in game should not even happen. 5th place should be out and 4th should immediately play 1st.

10 of 19 teams in the playoffs is overkill.


But hey, who am I to complain

gelu88 is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 08:11 PM
  #32
JunglePete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
They finished 4th, we finished 5th. They finished above us, they have the right to have the home field advantage.

Btw Brad/Blake's brother, if ever you read this, mind asking Blake what the coaching staff has been telling him on why he isn't getting any minutes? Really intrigued to see what their explanation to him is...
Agreed, this is playoffs, IMO if MLS wants to attract potential markets play these 2 knockouts games in a neutral venue (lets say Atlanta for East and Last Vegas for West) Oh whatever, on to Wday any news?

JunglePete is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 08:23 PM
  #33
gelu88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brossard, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JunglePete View Post
Agreed, this is playoffs, IMO if MLS wants to attract potential markets play these 2 knockouts games in a neutral venue (lets say Atlanta for East and Last Vegas for West) Oh whatever, on to Wday any news?
And give up all that ticket revenue after putting in the effort of building Soccer Specific Stadiums everywhere? Never

gelu88 is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 08:29 PM
  #34
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelu88 View Post
And give up all that ticket revenue after putting in the effort of building Soccer Specific Stadiums everywhere? Never
Plus, we aren't in Europe. How much fans would actually travel to go see the game? Would be like playing a playoff game in a neutral stadium. Litterally. Dead silent fans

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 08:57 PM
  #35
MontrealYul
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 209
vCash: 500
We got lucky...amazing game by the NYRB

MontrealYul is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 09:02 PM
  #36
JunglePete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelu88 View Post
And give up all that ticket revenue after putting in the effort of building Soccer Specific Stadiums everywhere? Never
Didnt think about that.....

JunglePete is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 09:25 PM
  #37
Shaby23
Registered User
 
Shaby23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Quebec
Posts: 4,015
vCash: 50
When it's starting?

Shaby23 is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 09:43 PM
  #38
LeHab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelu88 View Post
4 vs 5 do a single game playoff.

then its a home and home 2 vs 3 and 1 vs 4/5

the conference champs meet in a single match MLS cup, held at the home of the highest seeded team.
Ah, I hope we will get to see at least one home playoff game. I assume the team would play at the Big O?

LeHab is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 09:49 PM
  #39
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by persh View Post
Ah, I hope we will get to see at least one home playoff game. I assume the team would play at the Big O?
I'd hate it to be t the Big O. Weather could be an advantage for us. If we beat Houston away, I like our chances of going on a run.

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 09:56 PM
  #40
pine
Registered User
 
pine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,004
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
I'd hate it to be t the Big O. Weather could be an advantage for us. If we beat Houston away, I like our chances of going on a run.
It won't be the Big O.

Stade Saputo until the MLS Cup, which as it stands, is impossible that Montreal hosts it.

Séries éliminatoires 2013
Match de barrage (si nécessaire, position 4 contre 5) : 30 ou 31 octobre – Stade Saputo
Match de demi-finale d’Association : 2, 3, 6 ou 7 novembre – Stade Saputo
Match de la finale d’Association : 9, 10, 23 ou 24 novembre – Stade Saputo
Finale de la Coupe MLS : 7 décembre- Stade olympique

pine is offline  
Old
10-27-2013, 10:53 PM
  #41
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.
 
Montreal Impact FC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Ecuador
Posts: 1,226
vCash: 500
A game at saputo in late november would be something kinda a winter classic ambiance... every one witj winter coats and all lol

Montreal Impact FC is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 12:10 AM
  #42
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Algeria
Posts: 14,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Interesting stat by Lloyd Barker

Lloyd Barker ‏@lloydbarker11 21m
3 of Last 4 #MLSCup winners ended Reg season 4th, 5th and 5th. RT "Lloyd optimist about what? Crawling into the playoffs on silver platter"

+ This would be Houston's 4th game in 2 weeks. Glimpse of hope?
I like Lloyd Barker; he usually has good takes on Soccer Central

McSorleyStick is online now  
Old
10-28-2013, 07:49 AM
  #43
gelu88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brossard, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pine View Post
It won't be the Big O.

Stade Saputo until the MLS Cup, which as it stands, is impossible that Montreal hosts it.

Séries éliminatoires 2013
Match de barrage (si nécessaire, position 4 contre 5) : 30 ou 31 octobre – Stade Saputo
Match de demi-finale d’Association : 2, 3, 6 ou 7 novembre – Stade Saputo
Match de la finale d’Association : 9, 10, 23 ou 24 novembre – Stade Saputo
Finale de la Coupe MLS : 7 décembre- Stade olympique
Given our standing, we always play first.

So in Houston on Thursday Oct 31st

Conference Semi Final
Then at Saputo Sunday November 3rd
At NY on Nov 6 or 7

Conference final
at Saputo Nov 9th or 10th
at NE or at KC Nov 23 or 24

Final
at the western conference champion December 7th


We can do it!

gelu88 is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 07:53 AM
  #44
gelu88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brossard, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 848
vCash: 500
WHATEVER HAPPENS, our primary goal is to do better than the Whitecaps last year:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter...la-v-van/recap

Quote:
...
Vancouver went ahead after just 182 seconds through rookie Darren Mattocks' finish, and their bunker defense repeatedly thwarted LA's attack until the home side hit with two quick goals midway through the second half.

gelu88 is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 08:50 AM
  #45
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,780
vCash: 500
I don't see how playing at Saputo Stadium late November is feasible, and I don't even think it's an advantage for us. A big part of the training camp is done in Florida and the rest in an indoor facility in Montreal. And the major part of the season is played during summer.

Let's hope to get there first and we'll worry about it later. But if we get to the semi-finals, I think we can easily pack 40,000 in the big O.

Captain Saku is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 08:55 AM
  #46
Gary320
Moderator
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 13,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
I don't see how playing at Saputo Stadium late November is feasible, and I don't even think it's an advantage for us. A big part of the training camp is done in Florida and the rest in an indoor facility in Montreal. And the major part of the season is played during summer.

Let's hope to get there first and we'll worry about it later. But if we get to the semi-finals, I think we can easily pack 40,000 in the big O.
Same here. Not only that, but the best decision 'marketing-wise' would be to have it in the big O where you could attract the most people possible.

Gary320 is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 10:12 AM
  #47
Riverside Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Riverside Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,067
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Papponi good for Thursday?

Riverside Habs Fan is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 10:15 AM
  #48
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JunglePete View Post
1 leg game? How ridiculous and unfair?
At least, play it on a neutral venue
5th place is like a bonus for me therefore I find it fair that it would be played at team #4 home. Like the Wild Card in baseball. The Rays went into Cleveland and won. I think it's fair

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 11:27 AM
  #49
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
5th place is like a bonus for me therefore I find it fair that it would be played at team #4 home. Like the Wild Card in baseball. The Rays went into Cleveland and won. I think it's fair
With the way they played in the whole last half they don't deserve more.

Good luck Impact ! But I really have strong doubts they can create a surprise. this team needs a new coach and a new system.

habitue* is offline  
Old
10-28-2013, 11:50 AM
  #50
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,296
vCash: 50
Well regardless of what happens from now on, I hope mr. Saputo will realize that we need to revamp much of our roster to even consider ourselves contenders.

Alexdaman is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.