HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Stars Willing to Move "a Contract or Two"

Old
10-27-2013, 09:39 PM
Alistar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
From the Islanders I'd want Sundstrom or Lee for Robidas.

I know most Dallas fans want a defender back but I'd prefer to open a spot for one of the kids and just get the best prospect or pick back that they can.

Daley wouldn't be the first one I'd want gone either but I would think he'd have decent value because his cap hit is a reasonable 3.3 and he's signed for several more years.

I want to pry Couturier out of Philly before they grind every ounce of offensive potential he has out. Pick a defender not named Dillon + Scott Glennie, plus we'll take a salary dump to make it happen.
I'm sure my fellow Dallas fans won't be happy to hear this but I'd do something around Alex Chiasson for Sean Couturier. Add in whatever pieces on either side that makes it work out.

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 09:39 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
If Dallas wants to move their goalie please let the oilers know

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 09:42 PM
Alistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozwell View Post
If Dallas wants to move their goalie please let the oilers know
out of curiosity what would you be willing to pay for Lehtonen?

please keep in mind that Dallas would likely be aborting this season and possibly the next couple as well by trading away their MVP.

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 09:49 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistar View Post
I'm sure my fellow Dallas fans won't be happy to hear this but I'd do something around Alex Chiasson for Sean Couturier. Add in whatever pieces on either side that makes it work out.
I do not want to give up an asset like Chiasson for Coots. We have Faksa who projects to basically be Coots... plus Eakin to be our 3c. I'd rather shoot for the sky for a center and try to get Malkin.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 09:49 PM
Podgornik

I'd love Gogo on the Wild, but we can't fit that contract in without putting money back. We'd have to find a taker for Heatley somewhere and we aren't going to do that without taking money back either.

Podgornik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 09:50 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podgornik View Post
I'd love Gogo on the Wild, but we can't fit that contract in without putting money back. We'd have to find a taker for Heatley somewhere and we aren't going to do that without taking money back either.
You could find a taker for Heatley. But what would you offer for Goose?

Old
10-27-2013, 09:59 PM
namttebih

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
Yes. Can we have Gunnarsson? We will add.

Goligoski to Colorado is a bad move for the Avs, given their weak D depth and two guys named Barrie and Elliott. Actually, I would move Goose for Barrie and a pick.

Now all we need is Tyler Myers and Luke Schenn then we've rebuilt the Benn era Kelowna Rockets.
This is the first thing that I thought of. How much does Robidas have left in the tank?

Do you guys have an internal cap? How about Gunnar and Lilles?

namttebih is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Asif16*

Quote:
Yes. Can we have Gunnarsson? We will add.

Goligoski to Colorado is a bad move for the Avs, given their weak D depth and two guys named Barrie and Elliott. Actually, I would move Goose for Barrie and a pick.

Now all we need is Tyler Myers and Luke Schenn then we've rebuilt the Benn era Kelowna Rockets.
Yeah sure im down. How has robidas been playing this season?

Asif16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 10:03 PM
Podgornik

Quote:
You could find a taker for Heatley. But what would you offer for Goose?
Yeah we could find a taker on Heater, but we'd be taking money back and we're already up against the cap. Unless Dallas is taking Heatley back in a trade for Gogo, it just won't happen.

Podgornik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Chet Donnelly
HFBoards Sponsor

Vancouver could use Whitney. Ideally, what would Dallas want in return?

Chet Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 10:05 PM
SouthEndXGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podgornik View Post
Looking at Minnesota's payroll, I just don't see how a deal for Goligoski would work out.

but we'll trade you straight up for Suter.

SouthEndXGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 10:09 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Robidas has been pretty decent this season, not bad enough I really want him gone, but we know we need to find a way to give his minutes to someone who will do more with them. Basically swapping out a RD for a LD. Maybe then giving us an opportunity to move Daley somewhere if need be, but he's been okay this year.

I would rather not take on two D men unless we move Goligoski for picks and prospects, and even then, I don't really want Liles.

We don't have any room for Heatley... so no dice there.

Not really interested in moving Whitney.

Old
10-27-2013, 10:38 PM
Ouroboros

Hot three way:

To Ottawa: Stephane Robidas
To Dallas: Rusty Klesla
To Phoenix: Milan Michalek

Ouroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 10:43 PM
SouthEndXGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
Hot three way:

I don't see the stars moving Robidas. I think he's a solid performer, consistent, and chronically healthy. He's really a core player for the franchise - I'd think we'd move Rome, Goligoski, or Oleksiak well before Robidas.

SouthEndXGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 10:52 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthEndXGF View Post
I don't see the stars moving Robidas. I think he's a solid performer, consistent, and chronically healthy. He's really a core player for the franchise - I'd think we'd move Rome, Goligoski, or Oleksiak well before Robidas.
No no no no no.

oconnor9sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 10:52 PM
Ouroboros

Goligoski might also be acceptable in the aforementioned hot three-way.

Old
10-27-2013, 10:54 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Quote:
um what..

MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 10:57 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Quote:
Rome has no value. He has no roster spot and probably won't get one right now. The #7 spot in Dallas is literally a blackhole. Rome, Pardy, Woywitka...

Goligoski has a rough contract and probably needs to just take Robidas' spot in the lineup before we completely give up on him.

Oleksiak, what are you smoking? We are not trading a 20yo 1st round D prospect.

Quote:
Goligoski might also be acceptable in the aforementioned hot three-way.
I doubt it, Wiercioch, Karlsson... they say hi.

Old
10-27-2013, 11:06 PM
Ouroboros

Quote:

I doubt it, Wiercioch, Karlsson... they say hi.
Maybe. But so do Phillips (UFA, ancient), Corvo (UFA, ancient), and Gryba (RFA, awful). Outside of the Karlsson/Methot pairing the Sens struggle to move the puck out of their own end with any sort of efficiency. They also lack a left shooting PP option as Phillips has been logging a ton of minutes on the top unit.

Old
10-27-2013, 11:10 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
I want to pry Couturier out of Philly before they grind every ounce of offensive potential he has out. Pick a defender not named Dillon + Scott Glennie, plus we'll take a salary dump to make it happen.
I'm sure Flyers fans are drooling at the mouth by the prospect of this happening. "Take one of our decent/****** defenders...what, not enough? I'd really hate to lose him but here, take Glennie too."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
There were several passes that seemed to not beat the forechecking forward that I noticed. I'm not saying he is better or worse than any of the other guys, or that this kind of problem is better or worse than any of the other mistakes our defensemen make, but that was all I really noticed from him in that game. There is an epidemic of Connauton blueballs, and I wonder if people who liked his play liked it because he doesn't wear #33.
I didn't catch that whole game (missed the 1st IIRC) but I had actually forgotten what his number was and thought player whoever out there was making smart simple plays. I'm sure he made a few mistakes but none were near as glaring as those made by Goligoski. He also stuffed Hudler late in that game right on the door step. I'm sure there is a bit of a free pass given to Connauton that wouldn't be given to Goligoski but being as objective as I could I'll just say that he looked pretty good and IMO deserves more games.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 11:10 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Hindsight is 20/20 on the Stars-Pens trade.

Neal was a 20 goal scoring winger and the Stars were stacked with wingers. Goligoski was looked at as a young promising PMD, Shero said he was untouchable unless a GM offered the right price and he got a young winger in return. Goligoski played great after the trade, Neal found chemistry with Malkin the season after the trade. Niskanen struggled in Dallas and even in Pittsburgh but he improved.

Like I said, in hindsight, you can't really fault JN for this trade, the Stars wanted a mobile defenseman and got one, and he played well, but he just didn't keep playing like he did after the trade. I'm a fan of Shero but I don't think he anticipated Neal becoming a 30-40 goal guy and finding chemistry with Malkin, and Niskanen finding his game and improving with the Penguins, I think we can credit Dan Bylsma for the improvement of both Neal and Niskanen, just like we probably can about Goligoski having a successful year that season. People like to say he's a bad coach, he has his flaws, every coach does, but he's a pretty good coach.
There's no hindsight involved here. It was a terrible trade from the get-go and many called them out on it at the time

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 11:13 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Quote:
Maybe. But so do Phillips (UFA, ancient), Corvo (UFA, ancient), and Gryba (RFA, awful). Outside of the Karlsson/Methot pairing the Sens struggle to move the puck out of their own end with any sort of efficiency. They also lack a left shooting PP option as Phillips has been logging a ton of minutes on the top unit.
Oh, that's fair. Problem is Goose is really a RD. So is Daley. So is Robidas.

Probably not a bad move though. Not sure if Klesla is enough to get Goose.

Old
10-27-2013, 11:14 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Hot three way:

Quote:
Klesla would be an upgrade over Robidas. I would hope Dallas makes that deal.

Edit: Just realized he was laid out by a dirty hit in the preseason. A trade would be contingent on him being healthy but I see he's back to playing so I guess it's probably a non-issue. I would give more to get Zbynek Michalek out of Phoenix.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 11:44 PM
Rune Forumwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Neal scored 27 goals as a 21 year old sophomore and 24 as a 20 year old rookie. I don't think it's crazy to think a player like that is going to sit in the 30-40 goal range for a few years.
Meh, he was great when he first came in but wasn't doing much when he was traded. The change of scenery did him wonders just like Niskanen.

Rune Forumwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 11:48 PM
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail

vCash: 970
Quote:
You have no clue what you're talking about.

Dominic Roussel is offline   Reply With Quote