HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Stars Willing to Move "a Contract or Two"

Old
10-28-2013, 12:03 AM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

vCash: 500
Robidas is playing great, just like he has the last few seasons.

No to Liles, we have too many defensemen already.

I expect Whitney and Robidas to be in the same price range as Roy and Jagr were last season, 2nd + prospect being the starting bids and I'm not sure Vancouver has the pieces Dallas is looking for at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
I didn't catch that whole game (missed the 1st IIRC) but I had actually forgotten what his number was and thought player whoever out there was making smart simple plays. I'm sure he made a few mistakes but none were near as glaring as those made by Goligoski. He also stuffed Hudler late in that game right on the door step. I'm sure there is a bit of a free pass given to Connauton that wouldn't be given to Goligoski but being as objective as I could I'll just say that he looked pretty good and IMO deserves more games.
Sounds like we each saw the player we were looking for

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 12:56 AM
Rune Forumwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tough2PlayAgainst View Post
You have no clue what you're talking about.
Just wait. Nill will offer him a life-time contract.

Rune Forumwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 01:15 AM
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail

vCash: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Forumwalker View Post
Just wait. Nill will offer him a life-time contract.
If he does, I have a feeling it will be a very short one.

Dominic Roussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 01:53 AM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Forumwalker View Post
Meh, he was great when he first came in but wasn't doing much when he was traded. The change of scenery did him wonders just like Niskanen.
He had gotten away from the physical game we all loved so much but other than that he was what you'd expect, a young streaky goal scorer. He even scored 20 with us the year he was traded in 50-60 games.

I will never regret including Niskanen in the trade, only that Nisky had seriously plateaued in Dallas and found his form in Pittsburgh. Neal though, was a huge risk given his age and previous accomplishments. From Shero's POV it was a no-brainer type of deal because he knew the kind of shelter they were giving Goligoski and what kind of player Neal could be with Malkin or Crosby.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 03:17 AM
TT1

well take goligoski off ur hands, for the price of ditcharnais

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 03:45 AM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
well take goligoski off ur hands, for the price of ditcharnais
Has he been that bad or just not getting the bounces?

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 04:54 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmError29 View Post
Haha I can't believe that Neal and Niskanen for Gogo was actually considered a fair trade at one point. Pens just demolished the Stars on that deal. Hell, Niskanen could have more value than Gogo right now. Probably one of the most lopsided trades in a long time.
I think part of the reason the trade looks really bad because the league went from calling obstruction tight to letting it go again.

DJOpus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 05:11 AM
Lucky Leaf

I offer Liles and Ranger

Lucky Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 05:25 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Hindsight is 20/20 on the Stars-Pens trade.

Neal was a 20 goal scoring winger and the Stars were stacked with wingers. Goligoski was looked at as a young promising PMD, Shero said he was untouchable unless a GM offered the right price and he got a young winger in return. Goligoski played great after the trade, Neal found chemistry with Malkin the season after the trade. Niskanen struggled in Dallas and even in Pittsburgh but he improved.

Like I said, in hindsight, you can't really fault JN for this trade, the Stars wanted a mobile defenseman and got one, and he played well, but he just didn't keep playing like he did after the trade. I'm a fan of Shero but I don't think he anticipated Neal becoming a 30-40 goal guy and finding chemistry with Malkin, and Niskanen finding his game and improving with the Penguins, I think we can credit Dan Bylsma for the improvement of both Neal and Niskanen, just like we probably can about Goligoski having a successful year that season. People like to say he's a bad coach, he has his flaws, every coach does, but he's a pretty good coach.
Maybe for some, more than a few people I know and I was included in this thought it was a horrific trade at the time and would only get worse. Obviously you aren't right all the time, but on this particular one those that thought that deal stunk to high heavens were correct.

I guess it depended on just how high you were on Neal. Will say I thought it was because Neal would explode on Crosby's wing not Malkin's wing however. That part I was wrong on.

Could see the Wings having interest in Gogo. Nill will certainly know our prospects well, but Dallas would have to take on cap dumps with the Wings salary situation.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 11:58 AM
BeaverSports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Like I said, in hindsight, you can't really fault JN for this trade, the Stars wanted a mobile defenseman and got one, and he played well, but he just didn't keep playing like he did after the trade.
From all accounts, however, Nieuwendyk didn't shop Neal anywhere else and a lot of GMs said they would have given up more for him. He got tunnel vision on Goligoski (whom many noted was not much more than a third pairing guy) and offered him without even testing the market. I think that's what most Stars fans are most upset about.

BeaverSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 12:31 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
Yes. Can we have Gunnarsson? We will add.

Goligoski to Colorado is a bad move for the Avs, given their weak D depth and two guys named Barrie and Elliott. Actually, I would move Goose for Barrie and a pick.

Now all we need is Tyler Myers and Luke Schenn then we've rebuilt the Benn era Kelowna Rockets.
Depeding on what/who the addition is, I would do it. A decent/good stay-at-home d prospect would be a nice addition.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
Depeding on what/who the addition is, I would do it. A decent/good stay-at-home d prospect would be a nice addition.
How decent/good? Because I would be quite hesitant to give you Nemeth, but I'd be willing to move Gaunce. The only other real option is Jokipakka, but I'm still too high on him to include him in a trade for Gunny.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 12:43 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
I'm sure Flyers fans are drooling at the mouth by the prospect of this happening. "Take one of our decent/****** defenders...what, not enough? I'd really hate to lose him but here, take Glennie too."
That was me being tongue in cheek because yeah there's no value there but at this point just how much value does Couturier have? There's no reason to just dump him but if the right defender comes back or if they're able to dump the right contract then moving Couturier to make that happen could be entertained.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 01:13 PM
dfunk

vCash: 550
robidas + 2nd for gunnarsson

dfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 01:17 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfunk View Post
Not gonna be a 2nd...perhaps a 3rd or 4th maybe a prospect.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 01:23 PM
Stats01

vCash: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeZebra View Post
Isles could really use Robidas this season.
He has a NTC so it'll be up to him if/where he goes. Although with the way Dallas is going, if they are where they are near the deadline Robidas could be on the move. I'd love him on the Leafs.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 01:24 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
He has a NTC so it'll be up to him if/where he goes. Although with the way Dallas is going, if they are where they are near the deadline Robidas could be on the move. I'd love him on the Leafs.
I know it would take more than obviously Robidas but what seriously would it cost for Kadri and a D prospect? Im a huge fan of his but im sure it would take a lot.

Old
10-28-2013, 01:25 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfunk View Post
Gunnar had a pretty good game on Saturday. He's playing a lot better lately, although if he's playing like crap near the deadline I wouldn't mind an upgrade.

Old
10-28-2013, 01:26 PM
StuckOutHere

Leafs could seriously use Robidas.

StuckOutHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
I know it would take more than obviously Robidas but what seriously would it cost for Kadri and a D prospect? Im a huge fan of his but im sure it would take a lot.
Wow, it would have to be a bit of a blockbuster to be honest. I'm not even sure to be honest. Your first round pick would have to be involved obviously.

Old
10-28-2013, 01:28 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckOutHere View Post
Leafs could seriously use Robidas.
He can take Ranger's spot easily. There's a reason why Ranger's nickname around Toronto is "Ranger Danger" The guy is a turnover machine.

Old
10-28-2013, 02:01 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Wow, it would have to be a bit of a blockbuster to be honest. I'm not even sure to be honest. Your first round pick would have to be involved obviously.
I would do Dallas' 1st.

Old
10-28-2013, 02:59 PM
Satan
& try another year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
Yeah, we're not getting Kadri dude. And I'm not down to pay a fortune for him either.

Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 03:25 PM
Islander Prophet

I would like Goligoski with NYI. His value us relatively low right now and I feel his game could be rejuvenated if he were to switch teams

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 03:33 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmError29 View Post
Haha I can't believe that Neal and Niskanen for Gogo was actually considered a fair trade at one point. Pens just demolished the Stars on that deal. Hell, Niskanen could have more value than Gogo right now. Probably one of the most lopsided trades in a long time.

Anyway, if Scuderi ends up being out for an extended period of time, I wouldn't mind to take a look at Dailey. I doubt the Stars would move him though.
Except that the perceived values are skewed due to the contracts. I haven't seem Gogo play in a long time, but from the sounds of things, he's been pretty bad. But as bad as he's apparently been, the value is made a lot worse due to the 4.6m owed over the next 2.5 seasons.

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote