HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official OT Thread--Kings Lounge XII

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2013, 04:47 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

vCash: 500
It is just kind of crazy that we are kindred spirts, and I would like to include myself with you guys. Hockey, guitars and women. That is all I need. We have been doing the same things even failing at things like soldering. Just so funny how the Internet connects strangers with the same interests. The world is so much smaller than we think these days.

10-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 319

Old
10-12-2013, 12:08 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Aaaaaaaand I'm pretty sure I have strep throat for the 6th time in my life. Awesome.

Old
10-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

**** yeah Die Hard is on

Old
10-13-2013, 08:17 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

What are "crunchy nugs"? I overheard these two kids going on and on about their crunchy nugs and wonder if I am missing out on some special food or toy or gadget. Anyone?

Old
10-13-2013, 08:50 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
What are "crunchy nugs"? I overheard these two kids going on and on about their crunchy nugs and wonder if I am missing out on some special food or toy or gadget. Anyone?
Weed reference

Old
10-13-2013, 10:42 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Man am I old.

Old
10-18-2013, 02:37 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Apple literally might be one of the stupidest and most difficult companies ever. And this is coming from a person who would have strong reasons to support Apple. Such a **** company.

Old
10-21-2013, 01:50 AM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

Old
10-23-2013, 05:00 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

I hope the new Lieutenant at my corps has a sense of humor... I went through the orientation for the Salvation Army ding-a-lings and they handed a paper on what name you want to use on your ID... I picked Vol Unteer...

Old
10-26-2013, 02:05 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

You know someone in the Lounge the other day said he hated Kings fans because "We were so cocky".

I had to explain to him, yeah there are some transplants here, but most of us grew up in this area with people telling us how lame ice hockey was. We've had to teach the game to so many people. "Come on. Just go to a game with me"

So maybe we are, but that's just because we had people tell how much the sport sucks when they had never even watched a game. We have to know our ****.

I also mentioned something about having big D's.

Old
10-27-2013, 01:17 PM
Omni Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Yeah I'm not much of a bass player but I bought a BC Rich Mockinbird bass about a year ago. I bought it because I wanted a bass and I got it for $150 and the thing is neck through construction but it has active pickups which I'm not a huge fan of. Definitely a full on metal guitar!

Re: Peavey guitars, I used to have a USA made peavey predator. It was actually my first guitar and I gave it away. Those things actually sell for a few hundred bucks these days.

Oh man, I have an Ibanez bass with active pups and the tone is really good but replacing the battery is a drag. Its held up nicely though. I used to have a Ric bass with neck thru and it was great, nice ringing out zounds.

Peavey will forever have a place with me even though I've never really owned one, its just solid made in US stuff (at least the older gear).

If ya'll haven't checked out rondomusic.com I highly recommend, next paycheck I wanna get a guitar from there. I bought a semi-hollow telecaster copy 3 years ago and its held up nicely...

Old
10-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Omni Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar Milan View Post
I can't emphasize this enough.

Old
10-28-2013, 01:27 PM
jml87

I've now officially tried a burger from both five guys and in n out. And my verdict is... they are equal.

I will say that in n out burgers have a distinct flavor. It was really good but not mind blowing. I'm a bit disappointed :/

Old
10-28-2013, 06:17 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
I've now officially tried a burger from both five guys and in n out. And my verdict is... they are equal.

I will say that in n out burgers have a distinct flavor. It was really good but not mind blowing. I'm a bit disappointed :/
The Golden State is my favorite burger place in LA. It's not fast food but it's worth a visit if you're into burgers. Super close to CBS and The Grove/Farmer's Market.

Old
10-28-2013, 07:06 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:

the part that isn't equal though is the value. 5G's is twice the price of In N Out. you can't get out of 5G's with a double cheeseburger, fries and drink for under $10.

the Urge i think is still the tops

Old
10-28-2013, 07:08 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

Quote:

The only reason that five guys comes close to in and out is because they have bacon

Old
10-28-2013, 07:46 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabwaylingo View Post
Oh man, I have an Ibanez bass with active pups and the tone is really good but replacing the battery is a drag. Its held up nicely though. I used to have a Ric bass with neck thru and it was great, nice ringing out zounds.

Peavey will forever have a place with me even though I've never really owned one, its just solid made in US stuff (at least the older gear).

If ya'll haven't checked out rondomusic.com I highly recommend, next paycheck I wanna get a guitar from there. I bought a semi-hollow telecaster copy 3 years ago and its held up nicely...
My agile AL-3100 is probably my favorite guitar. It plays and sounds great. The neck on mine is slightly thinner than a 60's neck on a Gibson. I also swapped out the pickups for burstbuckers but after getting an SG with 57 classics, I think I want those on all my humbucker guitars. I've never played any of rondo's other brands but they do get great reviews.

Old
10-28-2013, 08:21 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
the part that isn't equal though is the value. 5G's is twice the price of In N Out. you can't get out of 5G's with a double cheeseburger, fries and drink for under $10.

the Urge i think is still the tops
True but I did think 5Gs had a bigger patty. That said, I got this in Texas. If you guys have recommendations for places when I go to LA in January, I'd love to hear them. I always love trying new places.

Old
10-28-2013, 08:54 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

Quote:
True but I did think 5Gs had a bigger patty. That said, I got this in Texas. If you guys have recommendations for places when I go to LA in January, I'd love to hear them. I always love trying new places.
http://www.thecounterburger.com/

Other than burgers, what other kinds of food do you like?

Old
10-28-2013, 10:05 PM
jml87

Quote:

Lol, easier to name what I don't like. I guess my favorites are sushi or italian restaurants. I like modern type places. Any place that makes a good martini. But really I enjoy all types of food.

Old
10-30-2013, 12:53 AM
TheSentinel

On the brighter note from tonight's loss I bring you The Official Trailer for

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

That's a hint to where I'll be for my birthday.

Last edited by TheSentinel: 10-30-2013 at 01:41 AM.
Old
11-01-2013, 12:20 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

Old
11-01-2013, 12:33 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:

The Counter is fantastic. I wasn't that big on it the first few times I went there. Then I discovered the Turkey Burger and that is when we fell in love. I don't eat beef so I have no comment on their actual burgers but their customizing options are awesome. Turkey Burger, Cheddar Cheese, lettuce, grilled onions, fresh halapenos and buffalo wing sauce on a wheat bun is rad.

To jml87: Definitely get mexican food when you are in LA. There are so many good mexican places and a lot of them have different styles to try and there are amazing divey fast food stands to nice sit down restaurants. If you let us know where you are staying, I'm sure somebody can give you a suggestion of a good local spot. I'd also recommend getting a breakfast burrito a time or two while you are here. I turned a friend on to them on his last visit from upstate New York and he couldn't stop eating them. I'm sure they may sell them where you are from but So Cal has the best breakfast burritos in the country. The thing that makes a good breakfast burrito to me is the hot sauce / salsa they use. Otherwise it is just breakfast in a tortilla. Nick's in Seal Beach is a great spot to get one down in my area but I'm sure if you look it up on yelp, you can find a good spot in whatever area you are staying.

Last edited by Buddy The Elf: 11-01-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old
11-01-2013, 12:37 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
The Counter is fantastic. I wasn't that big on it the first few times I went there. Then I discovered the Turkey Burger and that is when we fell in love. I don't eat beef so I have no comment on their actual burgers but their customizing options are awesome. Turkey Burger, Cheddar Cheese, lettuce, grilled onions, fresh halapenos and buffalo wing sauce on a wheat bun is rad.
Their buffalo wing sauce is amazing. I wish they served hot wings.

We need to go some time man.

The apricot sauce (used sparingly) is awesome on the chicken

Closed Thread