HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Redskins Thread - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2013, 01:37 PM
Capsman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
I have a theory that I fear is 100% true...

I want to blame Kyle but I can't. I think this revolves around RG3 and his dad. The comments they made in the offseason and they way they have manipulated the press seems that they forced Shanahan squared into letting him be mainly a pocket passer. The guy wants to prove that he isn't just a running RO qb and his ego seems to me to have got the best of him.

Our O line is not built for drop back passers. Its built for stretch running and overall is mediocre but much disguised due to the running of RG3.

Its my belief that RG3 is the driving force behind the shift in offensive philosophy. He has used the press to put the Shanahan's in a no win situation since if he runs and gets injured there would be nowhere to hide for them and he knows it.
Was Shanahan feeling brave in the Chicago game? Because RG3 ran a whole lot in that game. I'm not exactly sure why Griffin refused to run yesterday. I don't know if he or the coaching staff felt that Denver's linebackers were much faster than Chicago's. Several times there were lanes for him to run when the pocket collapsed but he didn't, and the few times he did move he looked much slower than last week to me. Which makes me wonder if he tweaked the knee in practice or something.

Whatever the case at this point in his career he either needs to be a mobile QB or we are screwed. Then perhaps with an offseason of work he can work on the fundamentals and mental aspect of being a pocket QB.

Old
10-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Brian23

Griffin doesn't call 2 deep route formations all the time like Kyle's done. Supposedly Griffin and Kyle have a good bit of tension with how the offense is being called.

Old
10-28-2013, 02:44 PM
Capitlols

Orakpo couldn't do anything against a backup offensive tackle and his screen recognition was piss-poor per usual.

Old
10-28-2013, 02:52 PM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
Was Shanahan feeling brave in the Chicago game? Because RG3 ran a whole lot in that game. I'm not exactly sure why Griffin refused to run yesterday. I don't know if he or the coaching staff felt that Denver's linebackers were much faster than Chicago's. Several times there were lanes for him to run when the pocket collapsed but he didn't, and the few times he did move he looked much slower than last week to me. Which makes me wonder if he tweaked the knee in practice or something.

Whatever the case at this point in his career he either needs to be a mobile QB or we are screwed. Then perhaps with an offseason of work he can work on the fundamentals and mental aspect of being a pocket QB.
You got a point there but that really was on outlier as far as this season has gone.

It sure looks like they are consciously trying to make him a pocket passer this year to me.

But I agree...if he isn't the RG3 of last year (running and throwing) then we really have no hope. He masked 99% of the team's deficiencies by doing so.

Old
10-28-2013, 03:06 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98...-players-knees

Washington Redskins safety Brandon Meriweather, who served a one-game suspension Sunday for the way he hits, vowed to begin targeting players' knees and fired a shot at Chicago Bears star receiver Brandon Marshall, saying players who beat their girlfriends should be out of the NFL.

Meriweather He feels like I need to be kicked out of the league. I feel like people who beat their girlfriends should be kicked out of the league, too. ... You tell me who you'd rather have? Someone who plays aggressive on the field or someone who beat up their girlfriend?"

WOW

Old
10-28-2013, 03:28 PM
AlexBrovechkin8

I laughed my ass off at the Merriweather quote regarding Marshall beating his girlfriend. Really brightened my day.

Old
10-28-2013, 04:52 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

That's the best play Meriweather has ever made as a Skin!

Old
10-28-2013, 09:22 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
It sounds like Dexter wanted a little attention today

May not be safe for work audio

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...3348--nfl.html

Old
10-29-2013, 01:28 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

I heard that live, it was really awkward.

10-29-2013, 03:22 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsANDCaps View Post
I laughed my ass off at the Merriweather quote regarding Marshall beating his girlfriend. Really brightened my day.
Agreed.

I also liked the going after the knees/acl jab at the NFL too. Its the truth.

Old
10-29-2013, 03:44 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

I think Meriweather is a complete moron. You do not NEED to go for the head or knees. There is a large area between those places that you can hit. The point is to prevent the guy with the ball from advancing it further, not to hospitalize him. If this is the guy's attitude he should be booted from the league.

The jabs at Marshall were uncalled for. Now he's made himself a media circus and distraction...add on top of that the personal fouls he's sure to earn, and I'm skeptical that he's worth having.

Old
10-30-2013, 12:45 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Easy to say it's uncalled but he's talking about taking away someone's livelihood. We would all react with venom if someone suggested involuntarily ending your career and taking away your ability to provide for your family.

Meriweather is an idiot from what I can tell and doesn't seem to be learning to not cross the line. 10 years ago he would have been a fan favorite for those types of plays. Times change, he will too I suspect. If you're paying attention, going low is the new accepted norm around the NFL. Meriweather is well within his rights to take ball carriers downs that way until they change the rules.

Old
10-30-2013, 01:38 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Easy to say it's uncalled but he's talking about taking away someone's livelihood. We would all react with venom if someone suggested involuntarily ending your career and taking away your ability to provide for your family.

Meriweather is an idiot from what I can tell and doesn't seem to be learning to not cross the line. 10 years ago he would have been a fan favorite for those types of plays. Times change, he will too I suspect. If you're paying attention, going low is the new accepted norm around the NFL. Meriweather is well within his rights to take ball carriers downs that way until they change the rules.

Meriweather risks inflicting this on another player with every one of his headshots, or with kneeshots if that's his brand new thing.

Old
10-30-2013, 01:54 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Meriweather risks inflicting this on another player with every one of his headshots, or with kneeshots if that's his brand new thing.
Risk isn't the same as calling for a guy to be banned. Glass houses and all....

Not defending him, just saying Marshall is an idiot who has zero ground to stand on when calling for bans from the NFL.

Old
10-30-2013, 04:14 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Risk isn't the same as calling for a guy to be banned. Glass houses and all....

Not defending him, just saying Marshall is an idiot who has zero ground to stand on when calling for bans from the NFL.
Words are nothing. Actions count for more, and Meriweather's actions carry far more risk than Marshall blathering.

Old
10-30-2013, 01:42 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Words are nothing. Actions count for more, and Meriweather's actions carry far more risk than Marshall blathering.
Words are nothing...right.

Abuse of women not an issue you care about I guess.

Old
10-30-2013, 05:49 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Words are nothing...right.

Abuse of women not an issue you care about I guess.
Edit: Hold up, I misread something horrifically somewhere.

Old
10-30-2013, 07:25 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Edit: Hold up, I misread something horrifically somewhere.
This has some of the background info on BM.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...-press-charges

Old
10-31-2013, 11:02 PM
Chokingdogs

so...i was watching some of the phins/bungles game tonight and saw a crawl...mentioned tubbyworth, and fletcher was quoted as saying he took danny's money and didnt care.

question is, why on earth is tubbyworth's name coming up WRT the skins, years after he's been gone?

Old
11-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
This has some of the background info on BM.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...-press-charges
Haha, I knew about that. My misreading goes beyond that, I had God-Knows-What completely backwards for several posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chokingdogs View Post
so...i was watching some of the phins/bungles game tonight and saw a crawl...mentioned tubbyworth, and fletcher was quoted as saying he took danny's money and didnt care.

question is, why on earth is tubbyworth's name coming up WRT the skins, years after he's been gone?
Fatty bad-mouthed Shanahan or something. Shanahan has responded, basically calling him fat, lazy, and a bad person.

In other news I've given up on Hankerson. I'm completely done with watching him make the catch and go down at the first contact. Dudeman seemingly never puts up a fight. There are a lot of guys who are smaller and harder to take down.

Old
11-01-2013, 04:03 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Their WRs beyond 88 show me next to nothing....I'd be just as happy to swap the lot out.

Old
11-01-2013, 04:19 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Hank had a nice view of that INT. He caught flak for not coming back to the ball. I don't think anyone will ever expect him to be aggressive and fight for the ball.

Old
11-03-2013, 12:59 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Old
11-03-2013, 01:04 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Redskinettes are cameltoeliscious today.

My fantasy teams would like a 48-45 Skins win.

Old
11-03-2013, 01:23 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

hahahahhahahahaha

Redskins are a disaster.

Closed Thread