HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT St. Louis Blues @ Nashville Predators

Old
10-28-2013, 11:28 AM
Preds33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
THANK YOU!

Trotz needs to go. Stalberg needs to play. Hendricks needs to be shown the door and same with Spaling. This has been absurd.
I wasn't of the opinion to fire Trotz but have since reconsidered due to the benching of Stalberg 2 games in a row for performance he hasn't allowed Stalberg the opportunity to produce. Heck I don't even think Patrick Kane could produce with Hendricks as his opposite wing.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 12:22 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Let's recap the first 1/8 of the year:

Lose half our top pair in game 2
Lose our #1 center for a huge roadtrip
Lose our #1 goaltender for a month
Forsberg hasn't produced
Wilson is not producing on the scoresheet
Stalberg has done nothing
a rookie dman is playing 24 min a night on his off hand
We have 2 #6 dmen on our third pair.
Have another rookie logging 20+ min a night now that he found a dog and isn't scared
our pk is awful
we can't bury a puck.

and he we are on Monday October 28th, over .500 (6-5-1) 13 points in 12 games, and 15th in the league. The Pacific has to play each other at some point, not just beat up on the East, The east will win some games against the west. 2 points behind Chicago, Minnesota. As bad as it seems, it isn't that bad. Imagine if something, anything went right. we have the potential to be a good hockey club.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 12:44 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
and he we are on Monday October 28th, over .500 (6-5-1) 13 points in 12 games
I know that our record states that we are over .500, but with so many 3 pt games, you have to do math and take the median record to get what 50.00% is: Thus far, ".500" is (340 total games played in NHL and 377 points =) 1.108 pts per game or 0.554 win%

We are at 1.083 pts per game or 0.541 win% currently which is 0.026 under in points per game or 0.013% under .500.

But I didn't come on here to post about that. I came on here to say I agree. Well stated and great post.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 12:54 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Let's recap the first 1/8 of the year:

Lose half our top pair in game 2
Lose our #1 center for a huge roadtrip
Lose our #1 goaltender for a month
Forsberg hasn't produced
Wilson is not producing on the scoresheet
Stalberg has done nothing
a rookie dman is playing 24 min a night on his off hand
We have 2 #6 dmen on our third pair.
Have another rookie logging 20+ min a night now that he found a dog and isn't scared
our pk is awful
we can't bury a puck.

and he we are on Monday October 28th, over .500 (6-5-1) 13 points in 12 games, and 15th in the league. The Pacific has to play each other at some point, not just beat up on the East, The east will win some games against the west. 2 points behind Chicago, Minnesota. As bad as it seems, it isn't that bad. Imagine if something, anything went right. we have the potential to be a good hockey club.
You are far too optimistic to be posting around here, and I agree.

I've seen Paranoid Android expressing a similar perspective to one that I hold, which is that we are still in the midst of a bit of a rebuild, and we're going to struggle, but should ultimately still compete for a playoff spot. I think our play to this point has been indicative of that identity. I just hope it will get better as the season goes on rather than end up like Saturday night.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 02:08 PM
thecloser

i'm not disagreeing with token grinder or you, iron duke. What I'm saying is you don't go invest 12 million into someone for the next 4 years and pretty much covet him as you're offensive prowess we've been missing and then bench him 2 games in a row.

Trotz is saying he doesn't completely know the system yet and they aren't used to him but Trotz is only furthering that issue by benching Berg. He should never be on a line with Gaustad and Hendricks, but instead should be on our fastest line with cullen and smith.

As you said, TG, stalberg has been nothing, but how is he supposed to when he hasn't even been given a shot to be on a top line. When we do play him, he's with a guy getting over paid to pretty much drop his pants and take a s*** on center ice.

I'm not saying we will miss the playoffs, or be amongst the worst in the league, but I am so fed up with management already and how trotz is managing his team. I have finally gotten the answer to why named free agents don't want to play in Nashville. Until we get a new coach that doesn't stifle his offensive talent, we will continue to lose to other organizations when it comes to battling for a top free agent and we most definitely won't get past the 1st round, and not to mention our top forward prospects would probably like to play some offense at some point in their careers.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
i'm not disagreeing with token grinder or you, iron duke. What I'm saying is you don't go invest 12 million into someone for the next 4 years and pretty much covet him as you're offensive prowess we've been missing and then bench him 2 games in a row.

Trotz is saying he doesn't completely know the system yet and they aren't used to him but Trotz is only furthering that issue by benching Berg. He should never be on a line with Gaustad and Hendricks, but instead should be on our fastest line with cullen and smith.

As you said, TG, stalberg has been nothing, but how is he supposed to when he hasn't even been given a shot to be on a top line. When we do play him, he's with a guy getting over paid to pretty much drop his pants and take a s*** on center ice.

I'm not saying we will miss the playoffs, or be amongst the worst in the league, but I am so fed up with management already and how trotz is managing his team. I have finally gotten the answer to why named free agents don't want to play in Nashville. Until we get a new coach that doesn't stifle his offensive talent, we will continue to lose to other organizations when it comes to battling for a top free agent and we most definitely won't get past the 1st round, and not to mention our top forward prospects would probably like to play some offense at some point in their careers.
Well, I don't really agree with a lot of your last paragraph, but on Stalberg, I am eager to see him in the lineup on a regular basis. I still question if he's 100% back into game shape and health, and how much that may factor into the scratches. We haven't heard anything to that affect, but it also isn't necessarily something the team would want to broadcast to other teams. I certainly do not see Trotz continuing to keep him out of the lineup long-term, considering the investment in him.

As for the offense being stifled, I think we have been very poor on execution. Nearly every prime opportunity St. Louis had, they capitalized on, while I lost track of the number of times I heard a Predator being fed "right in front" and "missed the net." We need some shooting practice. 100% of shots that miss the net don't result in a goal guys!

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 03:12 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:

I am going to focus on this. I think as fans, we did that more than management. I remember Poile gushing about Cullen and adding grit with Nystrom and Hendricks. Stalberg they talked about a guy getting an opportunity to step up, a chance for a bigger role. You do that by showing the coaches in practice that they can't afford to scratch you. Want to play over Nick Spaling--outwork him, or at least match his work ethic. VS has more talent, but isn't earning his ice time. At this point with him, he has taken responsibility. He admitted he isn't up to speed. He said he has to show the coaches what he has. He has to be the one to force change. A guy shouldn't be given a spot because he makes 3 million a year.

Old
10-28-2013, 10:46 PM
PFL615

Quote:
I am going to focus on this. I think as fans, we did that more than management. I remember Poile gushing about Cullen and adding grit with Nystrom and Hendricks. Stalberg they talked about a guy getting an opportunity to step up, a chance for a bigger role. You do that by showing the coaches in practice that they can't afford to scratch you. Want to play over Nick Spaling--outwork him, or at least match his work ethic. VS has more talent, but isn't earning his ice time. At this point with him, he has taken responsibility. He admitted he isn't up to speed. He said he has to show the coaches what he has. He has to be the one to force change. A guy shouldn't be given a spot because he makes 3 million a year.
If that's the case then whoever gave the pep talk on getting VS and then come to find out he cannot "out work" someone like Spaling and make the lineup. Well, they should be fired. This is a multi-mill business you would think they would know what they are signing checks for millions of dollars for.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 10:56 PM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Amen to both of those points.

I made a last minute decision to make the drive up from Birmingham with my son for the game- bad, bad decision- 7 hours of round trip driving to see that pile of crap performance.....

And could not agree more on the Blues fans- I do believe they are just about the most obnoxious group of opposing fans, or at least right up there. Blackhawks fans are pretty bad, but at least their team has done something on the ice to give their fan base something to brag about. The Blues-NOT

And to summarize how my night went, I ran into a group of 4 Blues fans on the street before the game acting like dbags- get to our seats and of course there they are just a couple of rows over...... Just a bad, bad night..
Yeah it's about to come to a point where I am going to stop going to a Saturday night game against the Blues or Hawks. It's pretty freaking sad.. I'm not going to pay that much for tickets to sit at what feels like a local college town watering hole filled with drunk 30 year olds.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 10:49 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
If that's the case then whoever gave the pep talk on getting VS and then come to find out he cannot "out work" someone like Spaling and make the lineup. Well, they should be fired. This is a multi-mill business you would think they would know what they are signing checks for millions of dollars for.
So would you rather see a guy coasting at half speed and not producing at all or a guy working his ass off and randomly producing?

Old
10-29-2013, 11:21 AM
thecloser

Quote:
So would you rather see a guy coasting at half speed and not producing at all or a guy working his ass off and randomly producing?
I'm sure by now Stalberg is fine. Trotz is just stifling. What he does best.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 11:25 AM
deanwormer

Quote:
I can guarantee you that Trotz is going with the worker and random scoring, and as a fan, I'm with him. You POSSIBLY cut an elite scorer that slack - you know, maybe a Kessel or Kane - but guys that don't work hard ultimately are a cancer to a team's work ethic. Plus, too many elites that bust their butts, too - like that #13 guy in Detroit, so I'm pretty much in the "earn your time" camp.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 11:53 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
I can guarantee you that Trotz is going with the worker and random scoring, and as a fan, I'm with him. You POSSIBLY cut an elite scorer that slack - you know, maybe a Kessel or Kane - but guys that don't work hard ultimately are a cancer to a team's work ethic. Plus, too many elites that bust their butts, too - like that #13 guy in Detroit, so I'm pretty much in the "earn your time" camp.
agreed. The elite rarely are lazy. Stalberg is far, far, far from that and no one can disagree with that and keep a straight face.

Old
10-29-2013, 12:24 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Thursday night is Stalberg's chance to show that he got the message with deed rather than words.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote