HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Infirmary [UPD: Gagner (Ankle), Ference (Pectoral Tear), Gordon(Shoulder)]

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-22-2013, 06:39 PM
  #326
czar99
Registered User
 
czar99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Shultz'z Place
Posts: 3,932
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
No offense, but your experience has no impact on the prognosis of Taylor Hall. As knee injuries are relatively common I know people want to relate to this situation; however, we should trust the diagnosis and treatment of an orthopedic specialist who has examined this particular injury over that of personal anecdotes. There always is a chance that the specialist could be wrong, but they are significantly more likely to be correct.
.
No offense taken but I've been to one of the best knee surgeons in the country and unless it's a full tear or close to they won't operate. It's like an elastic if you put a small tear in it and keep pulling it will eventually tear. I don't pull on mine any more. Taylor Hall will pull on his and it's only a matter of time before it go's.

czar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 07:28 PM
  #327
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,712
vCash: 500
Sportsnet just confirmed the Grade 2 MCL sprain

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=524


Last edited by Soli: 10-22-2013 at 09:39 PM.
The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 07:33 PM
  #328
Nail and Nuge
Registered User
 
Nail and Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by czar99 View Post
..... I don't pull on mine any more. Taylor Hall will pull on his and it's only a matter of time before it go's.
We are talking about knees in this thread correct?

Nail and Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 07:54 PM
  #329
czar99
Registered User
 
czar99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Shultz'z Place
Posts: 3,932
vCash: 50
Wait....what!

czar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 09:17 PM
  #330
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man
 
SeriousBusiness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nail and nuge View Post
we are talking about knees in this thread correct?
lol!

SeriousBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 03:44 PM
  #331
Toydarian
Registered User
 
Toydarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,501
vCash: 500
Unfortunate for Hall this injury more than likely scuttles his chances of making Team Canada.

Toydarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 05:02 PM
  #332
SephF
Thanks Smytty
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toydarian View Post
Unfortunate for Hall this injury more than likely scuttles his chances of making Team Canada.
he's not making it, sad but true.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 06:29 PM
  #333
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 500
No Oilers on Team Canada this year. Unless Eberle lights it up and Team Canada really likes him.

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 06:33 PM
  #334
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade
 
AlowlyOilersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,124
vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons View Post
No Oilers on Team Canada this year. Unless Eberle lights it up and Team Canada really likes him.
Yeah, Eberle is the only one with a shot.

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 06:34 PM
  #335
AM
Registered User
 
AM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressure View Post
From the looks of the hit I've had a similiar injury to this before. I'm not going to sit here and say we're even remotely close, but the way he took the hit and how he thought it was ok enough to skate on it after was exactly how I felt. The knee feels loose, but walkable. When you dangle it, that's when the pain comes in and there's no lateral movement. My hit was from indoor soccer though.

The injury I had took 4-5 months to recover from with only light running allowed, no physical activity.

Let's hope he is mentally and physically ready to come back in 4 weeks, but to be honest I think that's a super optimistic timeframe. I'd say about 2-4 months for a pro athlete.
I came back from the same injury after a month. Course I wasnt 100% and I had to pay differently....

2 months sounds about right for a pro athlete.

AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 04:23 AM
  #336
Dada
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 305
vCash: 500
Taylor please come back
It wasn't you
Baby it was me
Maybe your knee injury
Isn't as crazy as it seems
Maybe that's what happens
When a tornado meets a knee
All I know is
I love you too much
To walk away though
Come inside

Pick up your bags off the sidewalk
Don't you hear sincerity
In my voice when I talk
Told you this is my fault
Look me in the eyeball
Next time I'm pissed
I'll aim my fist
At the dry wall

Next time
There will be no next time
I apologize
Even though I know it's lies
I'm tired of the games
I just want you back
I know I'm a liar

Dada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 01:23 PM
  #337
randomrob7
Registered User
 
randomrob7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AM View Post
I came back from the same injury after a month. Course I wasnt 100% and I had to pay differently....

2 months sounds about right for a pro athlete.
A pro athlete would also have better medical help available to them, and is most likely in better shape than you, and will dedicate all of their time to rehabilitation.

Athletes are paid to play, and most major athletes know how to overcome injuries in a very efficient manner. I'm sorry but your personal experience doesn't relate well to that of a professional athlete.

Ill go ahead and guess he'll be back in about 4 weeks, as originally predicted.

randomrob7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 03:04 PM
  #338
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan
 
Paralyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dada View Post
Taylor please come back
It wasn't you
Baby it was me
Maybe your knee injury
Isn't as crazy as it seems
Maybe that's what happens
When a tornado meets a knee
All I know is
I love you too much
To walk away though
Come inside

Pick up your bags off the sidewalk
Don't you hear sincerity
In my voice when I talk
Told you this is my fault
Look me in the eyeball
Next time I'm pissed
I'll aim my fist
At the dry wall

Next time
There will be no next time
I apologize
Even though I know it's lies
I'm tired of the games
I just want you back
I know I'm a liar
<Jay Feaster and Brian Burke step in for a duet>

Just gonna stand there and watch you burn
But that's alright because we got Monahan and Baertschi
Just gonna stand there and laugh at you
But that's alright because you suck at the rebuild
...
Because you suck at the rebuild

Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 03:16 PM
  #339
Jot
P.Kane = Kessel
 
Jot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,469
vCash: 500
Off topic here, but...
What do you guys know about Gagner's injury? When's is he expected to return and what kind of impact do you expect from him when he's back.

Jot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 03:25 PM
  #340
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan
 
Paralyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jot View Post
Off topic here, but...
What do you guys know about Gagner's injury? When's is he expected to return and what kind of impact do you expect from him when he's back.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...501683&page=41

Read the 41 pages there. Should have your answer there.

Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 03:52 PM
  #341
Consultant
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 122
vCash: 500
Hall said a few days ago (sorry forgot where) that he feels he's like he is ahead of schedule. So for him maybe around 13th of Nov. against Dallas is my guess.

Gagner is close, maybe even this coming Saturday against Det. is my guess.

Consultant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 03:58 PM
  #342
jadeddog
Registered User
 
jadeddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 11,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Consultant View Post
Hall said a few days ago (sorry forgot where) that he feels he's like he is ahead of schedule. So for him maybe around 13th of Nov. against Dallas is my guess.

Gagner is close, maybe even this coming Saturday against Det. is my guess.
yeah gagner is likely within the next week or so

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 04:13 PM
  #343
PumpkinBomb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Consultant View Post
Hall said a few days ago (sorry forgot where) that he feels he's like he is ahead of schedule. So for him maybe around 13th of Nov. against Dallas is my guess.

Gagner is close, maybe even this coming Saturday against Det. is my guess.
There's an article on the Oilers' iphone app (and i assume their official website) where stauffer say's he'll possibly be back in the next 2-4 games. But yeah, anywhere around Mid Nov or sooner (provided he's ready) would be a huge sigh of relief.

PumpkinBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 04:15 PM
  #344
Soundwave
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,185
vCash: 500
Even if Hall could play in the next 2-4 games, I'd probably be cautious about it. Give him an extra couple of days. It's not like we're charging for a playoff berth.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 04:17 PM
  #345
Soli
Moderator
Supervision Required
 
Soli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Even if Hall could play in the next 2-4 games, I'd probably be cautious about it. Give him an extra couple of days. It's not like we're charging for a playoff berth.
I'd give him another month... I wouldn't take any chances with his knee and his most important weapon, his speed.

Soli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 04:19 PM
  #346
Soundwave
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
I'd give him another month... I wouldn't take any chances with his knee and his most important weapon, his speed.
To be honest in a weird way I think we're hurting more for what Joensuu and Pitlick bring to the lineup.

Hall obviously is the far (faaaaar) superior player, but with Hemsky there and Gagner likely back in a week or so, we're not really hurting for top six talent though Hall's speed is always missed.

Joensuu and Pitlick bring an element to the team that really lets us play a heavier game though.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 04:24 PM
  #347
Soli
Moderator
Supervision Required
 
Soli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
To be honest in a weird way I think we're hurting more for what Joensuu and Pitlick bring to the lineup.

Hall obviously is the far (faaaaar) superior player, but with Hemsky there and Gagner likely back in a week or so, we're not really hurting for top six talent though Hall's speed is always missed.

Joensuu and Pitlick bring an element to the team that really lets us play a heavier game though.
I hear you. Joensuu in those first two games played right through people. I miss seeing that.

Soli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 04:30 PM
  #348
PETRYDISH
Registered User
 
PETRYDISH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,547
vCash: 50
How long is Joensuu likely out for? I haven't heard anything about him. Also why don't we just have an injury update thread stickyd like most teams do?

PETRYDISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 04:36 PM
  #349
Soli
Moderator
Supervision Required
 
Soli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13,059
vCash: 500
I think it may behoove us to have an all encompassing Injury thread.

Soli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 04:46 PM
  #350
jadeddog
Registered User
 
jadeddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 11,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Even if Hall could play in the next 2-4 games, I'd probably be cautious about it. Give him an extra couple of days. It's not like we're charging for a playoff berth.
i think people are getting confused.... stauffer is referring to gagner being ready in the next 2-4 games, not hall

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.