HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 10: Happy to stay at the team

Old
10-24-2013, 09:36 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 50
In my original DB file with the Penguins, I am experiencing something I never have before. My guys keep getting injured and it's always for like 3+ weeks. Never seen it before. First two years went out in the first round and won the Cup in 08-09 (hahaha). I also figured out the budget thing, you've gotta stay under budget for the budget to increase at the end of the year. I traded Gonchar to clear his salary, then Filip Kuba was put on waivers, so I snagged him and he became 1/2 of my top pair.

Had to trade Dupuis and Kunitz, just aren't good enough in game for my team. Here's my depth chart right now:

Alexandre Picard - Sidney Crosby - Scott Hartnell
Ryan Malone - Evgeni Malkin - Mikhail Grabovski
Matt Stajan - Curtis Brown - Matt Cooke
Matt Pettinger - Max Talbot - Mikael Samuelsson

Brooks Orpik - Derek Morris
Dimitri Kalinin - Paul Martin
Alexei Semenov - Radek Martinek

Antero Niittymaki
Marek Schwarz

I'm probably going to have to trade Malone at the end of this year as his salary will go from $1.8 mil/year to $4 mil/year. I'm in a win-now mode and I'm going to see if I can repeat. Once we got past the second round, we had no more huge long injuries. Grabovski was out all of last year with a torn MCL (8 months) and I've seen Martin out with a broken arm, Crosby and Malkin both out for 3 week periods.

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2013, 04:09 PM
Intoewsables

vCash: 717
Is there a way to mass edit contract length in the pre-game editor? The game doesn't seem to like simming past February 13th when I use the CSD patch to start in 2013, so I had to try making everyone 7 years younger and running it without the patch. It seems to work fine aside from contracts expiring when they normally should.

Intoewsables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 02:03 PM
archibalduk
EHM The Blue Line

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intoewsables View Post
Is there a way to mass edit contract length in the pre-game editor? The game doesn't seem to like simming past February 13th when I use the CSD patch to start in 2013, so I had to try making everyone 7 years younger and running it without the patch. It seems to work fine aside from contracts expiring when they normally should.
Yeah there's an issue with the longest contract lengths when using a 2013 start date and some of the older 2012/13 roster updates. I don't think there's a problem with the most recent 2012/13 update.

Alternatively, you can use the EHM Updater to find the longest contracts and/or mass edit all contracts via Excel: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/ehmupdater

Also, make sure you're using the most recent version of the CSD Patch (v1.5) because versions earlier than v1.4 have an issue which results in a crash on 14 February 2014 when using a 2013 start. Here's the link: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/csdpatch

archibalduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 02:30 PM
Savi

Send a message via ICQ to Savi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewYotes View Post
I took this dude in the 2nd round, maybe 58 overall. This is just my second EHM game, but are these amount of points in junior normal? I mean 100 in 44gp's, seems silly.
What about 275 in 70?

My personal record, I was trying to break the Lemieux record of 282 pts in 1 QMHJL season. Have to say Boileau was a generational talent, I traded for him prior to his draft year, only had him for 1 season as he went 1st overall. Allaire was a 19 year old, 8th overall pick I believe. Paquette was an overager and 2nd round NHL pick.

Check Boileau's TOI though. These kind of numbers are possible if you only roll 3 lines, and if you give these guys 90 second shifts and leave them out there for entire PP's.

Savi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 02:50 PM
Intoewsables

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
Yeah there's an issue with the longest contract lengths when using a 2013 start date and some of the older 2012/13 roster updates. I don't think there's a problem with the most recent 2012/13 update.

Alternatively, you can use the EHM Updater to find the longest contracts and/or mass edit all contracts via Excel: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/ehmupdater

Also, make sure you're using the most recent version of the CSD Patch (v1.5) because versions earlier than v1.4 have an issue which results in a crash on 14 February 2014 when using a 2013 start. Here's the link: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/csdpatch
Thanks! I was using v1.4 so that's got to be the problem.

Old
10-25-2013, 02:50 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savi View Post
What about 275 in 70?

My personal record, I was trying to break the Lemieux record of 282 pts in 1 QMHJL season. Have to say Boileau was a generational talent, I traded for him prior to his draft year, only had him for 1 season as he went 1st overall. Allaire was a 19 year old, 8th overall pick I believe. Paquette was an overager and 2nd round NHL pick.

Check Boileau's TOI though. These kind of numbers are possible if you only roll 3 lines, and if you give these guys 90 second shifts and leave them out there for entire PP's.
I had over 300 with the Wheat Kings with my perfect player but I consider that cheating. He had mostly 20s at 16/17 , yours is very impressive though

Old
10-26-2013, 04:09 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savi View Post
What about 275 in 70?

and what about his NHL career?

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 06:33 AM
Savi

Send a message via ICQ to Savi
Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
and what about his NHL career?
After I lost all three guys I only played 1 more season. He was selected #1 by the Oilers and had 23+49=72 in his first season, also won the Calder.

Savi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 04:47 PM
archibalduk
EHM The Blue Line

Quote:
Thanks! I was using v1.4 so that's got to be the problem.
No, v1.4 should be ok. It's only versions earlier than v1.4 that had the issue. I suspect the issue is the DB you're using. Try using the latest TBL Rosters (v5.3d) and it should be all ok.

archibalduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 01:54 PM
Intoewsables

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
No, v1.4 should be ok. It's only versions earlier than v1.4 that had the issue. I suspect the issue is the DB you're using. Try using the latest TBL Rosters (v5.3d) and it should be all ok.
Yeah, I thought I had v1.4 but it was actually v1.2. I downloaded v1.5 and it's working great now. Thanks.

Old
10-27-2013, 04:34 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

I like playing with the original DB because of these salary restrictions. My budget for Pittsburgh started at 26 mil, and stayed the same for the second year then I actually traded guys out and it jumped to just over 40 mil for the 3rd year and now in the 4th it's at 47 mil. It's tough having to let guys go or trade them to cut salary.

Old
10-28-2013, 05:30 PM
Intoewsables

Never seen anything quite like this before.

Literally went from a legitimate top-6 prospect to a steaming pile of garbage in one season. He was playing on the top line with players putting up 80+ points and he somehow comes out with 3 assists. He always seems to be absent from practice so I guess that has something to do with it? Not really sure why though.

Old
10-28-2013, 10:53 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Kinda interesting how he went from 178 shots to 26 shots in virtually the same number of games.

Oberyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 10:34 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Wow never seen that before.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 03:38 PM
umwoz

Maybe it's time to fire up the original DB. Might be some good times to be had there, all custom DB's seem incomplete to me.(hypocritical of me to say that and not help but oh well)

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 06:31 PM
Intoewsables

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
Kinda interesting how he went from 178 shots to 26 shots in virtually the same number of games.
It's almost like he just stopped trying. Like I said, he was getting 20 minutes a game with legitimate first liners who were putting up 80+ points. Even a borderline ECHLer could do better than that in that situation. Doesn't make much sense.

Old
10-29-2013, 06:42 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
Maybe it's time to fire up the original DB. Might be some good times to be had there, all custom DB's seem incomplete to me.(hypocritical of me to say that and not help but oh well)
It's so much fun. I love seeing what they thought certain players would become. It sucks if you like a certain player in real life that's good but sucks in the game. I noticed that the Lightning in my game drafted #4 in 2008 and nabbed none other than Steven Stamkos. And I think the Islanders the following year got JT. I've had a few guys go to their "correct" team already. And in my file, Stamkos actually looks like he could become a beast... I remember in the original DB him always sucking.

Niittymaki got injured the year after we repeated as Cup champions and won the Presidents trophy around January so we've been tanking from 1st place to 2nd We will make the playoffs but probably an early exit, which is fine for me. Not sure if I should re-sign Scott Hartnell (my #1 RW, perfect physical player for the top line) at about $5 mil/year or let him go and see if I can find someone cheaper. My mindset is still in that budget mode but I do have money to spend although, Crosby and Malkin will be due for new contracts soon.

And crazy, I've never seen a player drop that much from one season to another.

Old
10-30-2013, 03:16 AM
alko

Quote:
Never seen anything quite like this before.

Literally went from a legitimate top-6 prospect to a steaming pile of garbage in one season. He was playing on the top line with players putting up 80+ points and he somehow comes out with 3 assists. He always seems to be absent from practice so I guess that has something to do with it? Not really sure why though.
I had something similar with my goalie. He was perfect in playoff (16 games, 16 wins, 94,1 %), but next season it was horrible.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Porovnanie.jpg‎ (39.6 KB, 22 views)

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 08:27 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Check his condition. Maybe it's way below normal. Do you coach your AHL team?

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 08:59 AM
Intoewsables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Check his condition. Maybe it's way below normal. Do you coach your AHL team?
He was never on my team.

IIRC his condition was always 100% but he was absent from practice and his morale was very low.

Old
10-31-2013, 12:05 AM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

So, my AHL starter just won the Vezina despite playing 0 NHL games . Safe to say he's going to be a franchise goaltender with that feat.
Attached Images
File Type: png vezina.png‎ (867.7 KB, 29 views)

Old
10-31-2013, 09:22 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

^ Weird... did he play in the playoffs for your NHL team? WTF!

Old
10-31-2013, 10:54 AM
hoyster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
So, my AHL starter just won the Vezina despite playing 0 NHL games . Safe to say he's going to be a franchise goaltender with that feat.
That happened to me once too. After he won the vezina he gained a star reputation and I traded him for something like a 4-star prospect and a top 5 draft pick. He ended up playing about a 50 NHL games and then he went to europe.

hoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 05:31 PM
RO8

Quote:
Originally Posted by irunthepeg View Post
It's so much fun. I love seeing what they thought certain players would become. It sucks if you like a certain player in real life that's good but sucks in the game. I noticed that the Lightning in my game drafted #4 in 2008 and nabbed none other than Steven Stamkos. And I think the Islanders the following year got JT. I've had a few guys go to their "correct" team already. And in my file, Stamkos actually looks like he could become a beast... I remember in the original DB him always sucking.

Niittymaki got injured the year after we repeated as Cup champions and won the Presidents trophy around January so we've been tanking from 1st place to 2nd We will make the playoffs but probably an early exit, which is fine for me. Not sure if I should re-sign Scott Hartnell (my #1 RW, perfect physical player for the top line) at about $5 mil/year or let him go and see if I can find someone cheaper. My mindset is still in that budget mode but I do have money to spend although, Crosby and Malkin will be due for new contracts soon.

And crazy, I've never seen a player drop that much from one season to another.

Yea I surprised so many people care about updated rosters, when everybody just turns to regens. I as well like the more restrictive finances adds more challenge to the game. Love watching the league unfold and see if teams end up better or worse in the long run.

RO8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 08:58 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by irunthepeg View Post
^ Weird... did he play in the playoffs for your NHL team? WTF!
My starter got injured during the playoffs so I called him up. He played 1 game in the playoffs allowing 4 goals, .886 save pct, and a 7.0 rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyster View Post
That happened to me once too. After he won the vezina he gained a star reputation and I traded him for something like a 4-star prospect and a top 5 draft pick. He ended up playing about a 50 NHL games and then he went to europe.
Dammit, my goalie's reputation is just very good.