HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks at Senators - 10/27/13 - 2:00 PM PST

Old
10-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitesj View Post
Its either Torres or Wingles on the 4th line. I like Wingles with Pavelski on the 3rd better.
Torres and Pavs drove that 3rd line with Wingels last year.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 05:40 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitesj View Post
Its either Torres or Wingles on the 4th line. I like Wingles with Pavelski on the 3rd better.
Wingels is showing currently that he can produce either way. Torres has a good history of very good production on the 3rd line and the chances of the 4th line playing 10 minutes a night is very slim. That's just not how they're utilized. The big reason Torres won't be on the 4th line is because he won't have much, if any, opportunity to be used on special teams. Wingels will be. However, I don't really think Wingels and Pavelski will be a good line long term.

If plans are to put Havlat and Pavelski together, I'd rather have a quality secondary finisher and first forechecker like Torres whereas Wingels really only fills the first forechecker category as he's not a good finisher at this stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkytalk View Post
my vote(not that it counts for anything) would be either torres or kennedy on 4th line.
Well until both Burns and Havlat comes back, I don't think Wingels has to worry too much. I'd rather do Wingels on the 4th line just because he's already shown that he can be productive with either Pavs or Sheppard-Desi. Torres was a monster with Pavelski last season and I think they ought to pursue that further especially if Havlat or Hertl is going to be there as well to make it more dynamic.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 05:47 PM
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!

vCash: 628
T-Mac is not shy to juggle lines and I'm sure he'll move whoever is on the 4th line up and demote a top 9 forward if he feels someone is slacking and to keep them on their toes. Plus the chances of being completely healthy is slim with Mr. Havlat on the team. It's a good "problem" to have. Instead of having Kearns or Tim Kennedy waiting in the wings, we'll have Sheppard and Nieto in case of injuries.

Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 05:59 PM
VP and GM
Havlat is gone!

I thought Stalock played pretty well. The team seamed to do well for him also, i'm looking forward to some more starts from him and watching his NHL game fill out.

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 06:13 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...254933?cmp=rss

Sens hold players-only meeting

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 06:22 PM
jwhitesj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid eye movemenT View Post
Yes he is. Torres is a forechecking turnover monster. You don't waste a talent like that with Desi and Shep. He's a quality F1. The 4th line is full of forecheckers as it is. Torres could float anywhere in the top 3 easily. If he was healthy, I'd put him with JT and Hurtl in a heartbeat. (assuming Burns is still injured of course)

jwhitesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 06:23 PM
Rem
I am a ham radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
If plans are to put Havlat and Pavelski together, I'd rather have a quality secondary finisher and first forechecker like Torres whereas Wingels really only fills the first forechecker category as he's not a good finisher at this stage.

Well until both Burns and Havlat comes back, I don't think Wingels has to worry too much. I'd rather do Wingels on the 4th line just because he's already shown that he can be productive with either Pavs or Sheppard-Desi. Torres was a monster with Pavelski last season and I think they ought to pursue that further especially if Havlat or Hertl is going to be there as well to make it more dynamic.
Agreed.

btw, to some other teams standards, thats a top line.

Rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 06:25 PM
Rem
I am a ham radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Fin Soup View Post
T-Mac is not shy to juggle lines and I'm sure he'll move whoever is on the 4th line up and demote a top 9 forward if he feels someone is slacking and to keep them on their toes. Plus the chances of being completely healthy is slim with Mr. Havlat on the team. It's a good "problem" to have. Instead of having Kearns or Tim Kennedy waiting in the wings, we'll have Sheppard and Nieto in case of injuries.
He's been awfully shyer this season than the last several, which I'm thankful for. Sometimes juggling people too much hurts. Its worth it to just let it ride out sometimes. An example of this was the fact that he had both Hurtl & Hammy playing with Joe. TMac of the last few years would have stacked that up.

Rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 07:01 PM
thirtysix*

i think todds finding a better way of coaching, hes just letting them play. where as in the past he was trying to do too much.

thirtysix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 07:14 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
We broke them too

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 07:23 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Sharks 2013-retiring goalies, forcing player only meetings and Mike Brown's mustache.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 07:41 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtysix View Post
i think todds finding a better way of coaching, hes just letting them play. where as in the past he was trying to do too much.
Nope.

Youth Movement Tally Ho...
Led Zappa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 07:55 PM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Clearly to pat themselves on the back after outplaying the Sharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtysix View Post
He actually completely changed his system from east west to north south... Last season McLellan forced/convinced JT to change his game again

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 08:02 PM
thirtysix*

its really nice to see

thirtysix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 08:20 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
Clearly to pat themselves on the back after outplaying the Sharks

He actually completely changed his system from east west to north south... Last season McLellan forced/convinced JT to change his game again
People still have this conception that the way thornton plays is his own doing? Every time a new system is implemented thornton changes with it, every time thornton is asked to change his game he changes it. Thornton never forced coaches to bow down to him, thornton has always done as the coaches asked.

The only thing thornton has not and probably will never change is his pass 1st mentality

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote