HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread - Mk 2.0 - Steals and Ripoffs

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2013, 03:49 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlhabsfan View Post
i would entertain trading gionta at the deadline regardless of the standings. I think he will be a very sought after commodity than. Won a cup (though early in his career) and is very consistent, plus being strong defensively and an upcoming ufa. I believe we could get a very good prospect in return to grow with our current young roster.

This being if mb does not plan on re-signing him of course. Do you think it would be too bad of an idea trading the captain before the playoffs? I would only do it if a team offered a very good prospect we could build with.
n.t.c.

Old
10-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Stripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Keep him...need a few veterans
Plekanec, Gorges, Markov, Prust, Bouillon and Parros are good old veterans.
Pacioretty, Price, Drewiske (team guy, good attitude) and Eller are good younger veterans.

Gionta may leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
n.t.c.
These things don't really matter. He can still be traded.

Old
10-26-2013, 03:58 PM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripper View Post
Pacioretty, Price, Drewiske (team guy, good attitude) and Eller are good younger veterans.

Gionta may leave.

He's only regular who's won a cup? Parros has but he is not a regular. You have to have a blend of experience, don't go all youth.

Old
10-26-2013, 04:00 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:

Gionta may leave.

if he wants to.

Old
10-26-2013, 04:04 PM
Stripper

Quote:
He's only regular who's won a cup? Parros has but he is not a regular. You have to have a blend of experience, don't go all youth.
So what if he's won a cup... it's also been ages since he's gotten it. I've also named you like 8-10 veterans... from older ones to younger ones... I never said we'd have to go all young. I said Gionta could be traded in that aspect (needing veterans).

If it's about playoff experience... most of our vets have played in those series and we even have Briere, would was (is?) a beast in the playoffs...

Quote:
if he wants to.
There are always options to get something done. Bergevin is too classy for this option and he won't do it, but let's say he does something like this: "Brian, either you give me a list of 10 teams you'd like to be traded to or you'll be a healthy scratch until this summer. What do you choose, midget?"

I obviously exagerated, but you get the point.

Old
10-26-2013, 04:12 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
So what if he's won a cup... it's also been ages since he's gotten it. I've also named you like 8-10 veterans... from older ones to younger ones... I never said we'd have to go all young. I said Gionta could be traded in that aspect (needing veterans).

If it's about playoff experience... most of our vets have played in those series and we even have Briere, would was (is?) a beast in the playoffs...

There are always options to get something done. Bergevin is too classy for this option and he won't do it, but let's say he does something like this: "Brian, either you give me a list of 10 teams you'd like to be traded to or you'll be a healthy scratch until this summer. What do you choose, midget?"

I obviously exagerated, but you get the point.
if you think about it you'll come to the same conclusion, it's more a fantasy than an exxageration...

trading players with NTC can be done, but the number of teams he'll agreed to be traded to will be very limited and chances are he'll refuse anyway of we're in good position come deadline...

whatever we may think of the guy, he is the Captain of the team, playing tough is not something you want to do unless you 1. wants to scare future UFA away 2. have the locker room "against" you.

Old
10-26-2013, 05:32 PM
Stripper

Quote:
if you think about it you'll come to the same conclusion, it's more a fantasy than an exxageration...

trading players with NTC can be done, but the number of teams he'll agreed to be traded to will be very limited and chances are he'll refuse anyway of we're in good position come deadline...

whatever we may think of the guy, he is the Captain of the team, playing tough is not something you want to do unless you 1. wants to scare future UFA away 2. have the locker room "against" you.
We'll see have to wait and see how the team and he will be doing when the trade deadline arrives.

Old
10-26-2013, 07:26 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
We'll see have to wait and see how the team and he will be doing when the trade deadline arrives.
considering he has to re-sign Eller and Subban, let's hope he's not stupid enough to go into tough guy mode

Old
10-26-2013, 09:26 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

A late pick for Taylor Pyatt.

6'4 and goes to the net. Plus he hits. At worst, he sucks here just like in New York.

At best we get a big body who actually goes to the front of the net and isn't easily pushed out.

Old
10-27-2013, 01:20 AM
Stripper

Quote:
considering he has to re-sign Eller and Subban, let's hope he's not stupid enough to go into tough guy mode
What does trading Gionta has to do with re-signing Eller and Subban? Plus, they both earned their raise.

Old
10-27-2013, 02:40 AM
NewHabsEra*

If we are in bad posture to make the playoffs comes the trade deadline, Plekanec for Taravainen, would you considere it?

Personally Im not sure I would do it since Pleks has been my favorite player for years but if Im being rational, I think I would considere it seriously for the future the franchise..

I think it would make sense for both teams since the Hawks could easily dream of another cup with Pleks as their second line center..

Old
10-27-2013, 02:45 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
If we are in bad posture to make the playoffs comes the trade deadline, Plekanec for Taravainen, would you considere it?

Personally Im not sure I would do it since Pleks has been my favorite player for years but if Im being rational, I think I would considere it seriously for the future the franchise..

I think it would make sense for both teams since the Hawks could easily dream of another cup with Pleks as their second line center..
Absolutely.

Old
10-27-2013, 02:51 AM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Absolutely.
I love Pleks, but I would make that trade without much of a second thought.

Old
10-27-2013, 10:11 AM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMHABS View Post
I love Pleks, but I would make that trade without much of a second thought.
I'm not interested in trading Pleks, but for that return I think we'd have to. Another potential game changing forward that is close to being NHL ready.

Old
10-27-2013, 10:15 AM
Smoky Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
A late pick for Taylor Pyatt.

6'4 and goes to the net. Plus he hits. At worst, he sucks here just like in New York.

At best we get a big body who actually goes to the front of the net and isn't easily pushed out.
The thing is Timmins can turn that late pick into a Gallagher, Hudon, Jeremy Gregoire

Old
10-27-2013, 10:18 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
I would target a bigger NHL ready type of player for Plekanec. Like Scheifele, Coyle, Saad

Old
10-27-2013, 12:28 PM
TT1

scheifele 1st+ for plek
pls

Old
10-27-2013, 12:32 PM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 713
Quote:
Moen?

Old
10-28-2013, 05:47 AM
Mr. Hab

DD for Kopecky? (I'll take it).

DD for Versteeg? (I'll take it).

DD+Beaulieu FOR Gudbranson+2nd Rnd Pick (yup!).

DD+Budaj+5th Rnd Pick FOR Thomas (as backup to Price) + Kopecky (or Versteeg).

Old
10-28-2013, 12:02 PM
shutehinside

I'd take a chance and trade for Moulson now that he's out of the Island. It would liekly take some picks and prospects but I think it's a doable trade if he shows a willingness to sign with us.

30+ goals for 3 years in a row, would add scorring that's desperately needed as well as depth. Put him on a line with a Galchenyuk, Briere or Plex and he could still likley score 25+ a year.

Patches Briere/DD Bourque (Bourque replaces Cole & he's better @ RW)
Moulson Plex Gio (real scoring options and play maker in Plex)
Chuckie Eller Gally (nuff said)
Moen Bournival Parros/White (Grit, speed and toughness)

That's 4 really balanced lines that can all play defence and score goals.

Old
10-28-2013, 12:07 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
I'm not interested in trading Pleks, but for that return I think we'd have to. Another potential game changing forward that is close to being NHL ready.
I like Tera, really do, but he's not even a game breaking forward in finland right now, let alone close to being one at the NHL level. No way I do that trade 1 for 1 unless Pleks is a ufa. We've got our own teravainen in Lehkonen.

Until Teravainen is actually NHL tested and looks like he can transition his game, I'd be more open to considering it.

Old
10-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Doublechin

Moulson, in my opinion could be had for a 2nd and a decent prospect at best. Considering his play has declined recently and becomes a UFA I can't see him having a better return.

Old
10-28-2013, 01:01 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublechin View Post
Moulson, in my opinion could be had for a 2nd and a decent prospect at best. Considering his play has declined recently and becomes a UFA I can't see him having a better return.
I don't want the Habs to trade for these middle of the road players that will be gone quickly. We see what happened with Ryder last season.

Let's just give time to our most talented youngsters to become genuine quality top-6 players. With Eller, MaxPac, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, we are on the right path.

The bottom-6 can be given to acquired, tougher, bigger players. I don't mind.

Last edited by habitue*: 10-28-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old
10-28-2013, 01:04 PM
Devourers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinorDiaz View Post
I don't want the Habs to trade for these middle of the road players that will be gone quickly. We see what happened with Ryder last season.

Let's just give time to our most talented youngsters to become a genuine quality top-6 players. With Eller, MaxPac, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, we are on the right path.

The bottom-6 can be given to acquired, tougher, bigger players. I don't mind.
Moulson + 3rd for Gionta

Just remembering the Cole trade haha

Old
10-29-2013, 01:59 AM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
DD for Kopecky? (I'll take it).

DD for Versteeg? (I'll take it).

DD+Beaulieu FOR Gudbranson+2nd Rnd Pick (yup!).

DD+Budaj+5th Rnd Pick FOR Thomas (as backup to Price) + Kopecky (or Versteeg).
Is that possible that we get Gudbrason ?

Closed Thread