HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

John Scott Suspended 7 Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-26-2013, 04:29 PM
  #51
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,500
vCash: 500
The best comment on that blog was the guy who pointed out that Lucic hasn't run Miller since the Sabres signed Scott. See! It worked!

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 04:45 PM
  #52
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
The best comment on that blog was the guy who pointed out that Lucic hasn't run Miller since the Sabres signed Scott. See! It worked!
Yes cuz Looch is afraid of him

If Scott was signed for the Miller/Looch incident how come he hasn't gone after Lucic? They must have been on the ice together at least once this year.

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 04:48 PM
  #53
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 17,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin8 View Post
**** this mother****er, seriously...




http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/apo...elongs-in-nhl/
Watch the whole interview. He goes on to say - I'm not a goon, I'm a hockey player.

Yeah, ok.

That guy is delusional, along w/ their entire franchise and fan base.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 04:50 PM
  #54
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
The best comment on that blog was the guy who pointed out that Lucic hasn't run Miller since the Sabres signed Scott. See! It worked!
Comments are hilarious. Lucic, McQuaid, Boychuk, Marchand, AND Thornton are all dirty to these dumb ass

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 05:03 PM
  #55
mislysBB
Registered User
 
mislysBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 1,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
Comments are hilarious. Lucic, McQuaid, Boychuk, Marchand, AND Thornton are all dirty to these dumb ass
According to all of those posts on the main board, Bergeron and Rask are the only players on the team that aren't dirty.

mislysBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 05:23 PM
  #56
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 17,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
Comments are hilarious. Lucic, McQuaid, Boychuk, Marchand, AND Thornton are all dirty to these dumb ass
Typical.

Some, way too many, cannot differentiate between "tough" and "dirty". Throw a clean hit? Dirty. Player wins a fight? Dirty. Genuinely dirty hit? All the same to them.

Unless it's Pacioretty or Kaleta running someone into the boards by the numbers. Then they're playing a different tune.

Children.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2013, 05:51 PM
  #57
Alan Ryan
Registered User
 
Alan Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom - OHL View Post
The NHL and NHLPA have to take the word "intent" out of it. It's hard (or next to impossible) to prove intent.

I'm all for the OHL rule - ANY contact to the head, whether intentional or not, where the head is the principle point of contact is subject to an automatic suspension regardless of past history.

People here argue that Branch has made the game soft. Hitting is up, fighting is down less than .4 fights per game and concussions are down "categorically". And the hits that do happen are hard, legal hockey hits, with little to no retribution (in terms of a fight) for the player that made contact.

I sit in an OHL rink almost every day, I see all 20 teams, This is across the board and I will say without a doubt, it's the best hockey in the last 2 years as there has ever been.

It's no surprise that concussions and suspensions are up in the NHL while going in the opposite direction in the OHL. And the latter is a more exciting game to watch.


I don't know why this approach taken in the OHL should be unpopular. It's exactly what needs to happen in the NHL.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 10:05 AM
  #58
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions
 
Neely2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom - OHL View Post
The NHL and NHLPA have to take the word "intent" out of it. It's hard (or next to impossible) to prove intent.

I'm all for the OHL rule - ANY contact to the head, whether intentional or not, where the head is the principle point of contact is subject to an automatic suspension regardless of past history.

People here argue that Branch has made the game soft. Hitting is up, fighting is down less than .4 fights per game and concussions are down "categorically". And the hits that do happen are hard, legal hockey hits, with little to no retribution (in terms of a fight) for the player that made contact.

I sit in an OHL rink almost every day, I see all 20 teams, This is across the board and I will say without a doubt, it's the best hockey in the last 2 years as there has ever been.

It's no surprise that concussions and suspensions are up in the NHL while going in the opposite direction in the OHL. And the latter is a more exciting game to watch.
As usual I agree with you and I think that it's ridiculous that some people are upset about there being less fights in the OHL. These are kids that we're talking about.

Do you think that part of the reason for the delay is that they want to make sure that Eriksson is really seriously hurt? Unfortunately the NHL seems to tie suspensions to injuries.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 10:19 AM
  #59
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co
 
Dom - OHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,648
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
As usual I agree with you and I think that it's ridiculous that some people are upset about there being less fights in the OHL. These are kids that we're talking about.

Do you think that part of the reason for the delay is that they want to make sure that Eriksson is really seriously hurt? Unfortunately the NHL seems to tie suspensions to injuries.
Possible, however, the leagues preliminary review was done the very next morning - which is what determines whether its a phone call or in person. But this from the CBA

Quote:
(i) Right to a Hearing and Timing of Hearings: The Player shall elect an in person or telephonic hearing. The hearing shall be scheduled pursuant to
the provisions of Section 18.8(a) and (b), but in no event later than two (2)
days after the incident giving rise to the Supplementary Discipline for On-
Ice Conduct.
The Player, if subject to suspension, may not play in an
NHL game pending the telephonic or in-person hearing and the League's
determination.
Now, it allows for some leeway such as all parties being available, but I am not sure what the leeway is for this case.

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 10:29 AM
  #60
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions
 
Neely2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom - OHL View Post
Possible, however, the leagues preliminary review was done the very next morning - which is what determines whether its a phone call or in person. But this from the CBA



Now, it allows for some leeway such as all parties being available, but I am not sure what the leeway is for this case.
Sounds like this is probably just another case of the NHL not following its own rules.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 01:02 PM
  #61
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan001 View Post
I'm wondering if the coach is going to get fined as well because this isn't the first time he's sent the player out against a line he had no business playing against.
He was already fined for the TO/Buff debacle, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 01:51 PM
  #62
Hit the search party
Registered User
 
Hit the search party's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 644
vCash: 500
i'm saying 5 games.

Hit the search party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 01:53 PM
  #63
Hali33
Registered User
 
Hali33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,099
vCash: 500
I think some people will be disappointed with the length. Due to his lack of suspension history I'm guess no more than 5 games. But honestly, it really doesn't matter. As many people have mentioned, Buffalo actually improves when he is not playing. It's never going to be fair when a 4th liner takes out a top 6. What matters is that he gets a suspension in the books so when this happens again he will not have that to protect him. And the fact is Rolston put him out there for a reason and he deserves his share of criticism as well as this is not the first time and it won't be the last. Just a terrible coach who is doing nothing to improve Buffalo.
Also people need to stop blowing this off as just a result of the Lucic/ Miller hit. They've had 2 years to settle that score and just because Lucic won the fight the next game does not mean they are entitled to do whatever they want against the Bruins without criticism from now on. Neither Scott or Eriksson were on these teams then. And even if Scott's purpose was to get payback there's no excuse for him to go after Eriksson instead of Lucic. Would it be okay if we hired some goon to go after Crosby or Malkin because of Cooke's hit on Savard? Do you think anyone would be saying "Well that's karma for not suspending a dirty hit"? No ****ing way, it would be mayhem.

Hali33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 02:55 PM
  #64
Bocephus86
Registered User
 
Bocephus86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Bosto
Country: United States
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 690
If they really want to punish the Sabres they should force Scott to play 20 minutes a night for 10 games. But the Sabres are already in full suck mode so that wouldn't be much of a "punishment"

Bocephus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 06:53 PM
  #65
BobbyAwe
Registered User
 
BobbyAwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Carolina
Country: United States
Posts: 1,884
vCash: 500
Scott can avoid being labelled a "dirty player" on the technicality that he's not a player at all...

5 points in 187 NHL games

13 points in 173 AHL games

19 points in 126 college games

BobbyAwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 02:02 AM
  #66
MarshmontMcSlewfoot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,653
vCash: 500
Make the ****er give back 1/4 of his annual paycheck. That would be 20 games.

Obviously a 20 gamer helps the Sabres they are better without him so on that end of it the suspension is 100% irrelevant but still sock it to Scott in the pocket book and so that he is closer to season/permanant suspensions.

In the shortened 2013 lockout season last year Scott knocked out Thornton. This year he has gone after 2 of his rivals best players Kessel for Toronto and Loui for us. (Toronto and us are Buffalos 2 biggest rivals right now.)

Basically 2 years in a row Scott has done what he was signed to do 10 games into the season so now the Sabres can stick him upstairs job done until next year when they have him weaken rival teams by injuring other players early in the season. So thats why he needs to get games for this.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 11:03 AM
  #67
nycpunk1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Medford, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 180
vCash: 500
I've said it before, and I'm sure I will say it again. A dirty hit should be punished as a dirty hit. Repeat offenses are one thing, but changing the punishment based on how good someone is at hockey is ridiculous. That goes for the guy throwing the bad hit and the guy at the receiving end. Throw the book at any coach and/or player who specifically target an opponent for injury. That goes for anyone, whether it's a superstar or a schlub.

Scott went for a big check to lift his team. He failed to pull up on a blindside hit, and he failed to get low enough to miss the head. That needs a suspension. Claiming that he was "headhunting" Eriksson is just typical board hysteria. This is not Raffi Torres we're talking about. He has no history of cheap shots, just big fights and small minutes.

How good at hockey do you have to be before the NHL should give a **** whether you suffer nausea and migraines for the rest of your life? How dirty does Crosby have to be if he's injuring a fourth-line nobody? What if a third-liner has the season of his life cut short by a superstar in a slump? Do we have a ratings system? A set exchange-- so many journeymen equal a household name, etc.?

If the league grows some balls and enforces the rules they have, players who are only on the roster to goon it up will find themselves unemployed naturally. Other guys will bounce between the NHL and the AHL their entire career as big-hit/big-fight specialists. As long as those hits are policed to weed out blindside/head/late ones, there is zero need to try to force guys out just because you think they can't skate. The market will do that for you.

nycpunk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 11:41 AM
  #68
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!
 
Roll 4 Lines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bear Country
Country: United States
Posts: 5,661
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Neely2005;73321147]As usual I agree with you and I think that it's ridiculous that some people are upset about there being less fights in the OHL. These are kids that we're talking about.

Do you think that part of the reason for the delay is that they want to make sure that Eriksson is really seriously hurt? Unfortunately the NHL seems to tie suspensions to injuries.[/QUOTE]

I don't see any scenario where Chiarelli and the Bruins keep a player of Loui's caliber out of games simply to get a longer suspension for John Scott.

They're keeping Loui out because he has a concussion, plain and simple, IMO.

I think Scott will get 5 games.

Question: Will the games that he missed waiting for the hearing count against the suspension?

Roll 4 Lines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 12:58 PM
  #69
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Thought it was today? PSH why push it so long? I want to see Orr and Mclaren **** up Scott

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 02:04 PM
  #70
thiscalltoarms
Rookie User
 
thiscalltoarms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Boston- Seattle- NJ
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
First suspension for a terrible hit- 5 games sounds normal.

thiscalltoarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 02:11 PM
  #71
qc
Registered User
 
qc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Caphell, MA
Posts: 8,989
vCash: 2000
Starting to feel (and hope) that the Loui concussion is not as bad as we think. B's org has been pretty quiet with the details, which leads me to believe that this may be a bit of gamesmanship by Chia in order to enhance Scott's punishment. Not that it's out of the ordinary or wrong.

qc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 02:25 PM
  #72
patty59
***************
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiscalltoarms View Post
First suspension for a terrible hit- 5 games sounds normal.
If it's only going to be 5 games then why the big hold up on having the hearing?

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 04:14 PM
  #73
nycpunk1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Medford, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
If it's only going to be 5 games then why the big hold up on having the hearing?
Someone suggested this was coming from the player/PA side of things in a thread on the main board. Not sure where this info came from, but it makes sense. Pretty sure the reps and Scott would be making some noise if the delay was coming from the other side.

nycpunk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 04:18 PM
  #74
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpunk1 View Post
I've said it before, and I'm sure I will say it again. A dirty hit should be punished as a dirty hit. Repeat offenses are one thing, but changing the punishment based on how good someone is at hockey is ridiculous. That goes for the guy throwing the bad hit and the guy at the receiving end. Throw the book at any coach and/or player who specifically target an opponent for injury. That goes for anyone, whether it's a superstar or a schlub.

Scott went for a big check to lift his team. He failed to pull up on a blindside hit, and he failed to get low enough to miss the head. That needs a suspension. Claiming that he was "headhunting" Eriksson is just typical board hysteria. This is not Raffi Torres we're talking about. He has no history of cheap shots, just big fights and small minutes.

How good at hockey do you have to be before the NHL should give a **** whether you suffer nausea and migraines for the rest of your life? How dirty does Crosby have to be if he's injuring a fourth-line nobody? What if a third-liner has the season of his life cut short by a superstar in a slump? Do we have a ratings system? A set exchange-- so many journeymen equal a household name, etc.?

If the league grows some balls and enforces the rules they have, players who are only on the roster to goon it up will find themselves unemployed naturally. Other guys will bounce between the NHL and the AHL their entire career as big-hit/big-fight specialists. As long as those hits are policed to weed out blindside/head/late ones, there is zero need to try to force guys out just because you think they can't skate. The market will do that for you.


You my friend are a wise man. Post of the thread.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 05:42 AM
  #75
TCL40
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 15,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mislysBB View Post
According to all of those posts on the main board, Bergeron and Rask are the only players on the team that aren't dirty.
Oh yeah-Krejci is some mean tough guy and I am pretty sure Chris Kelly could out nice Bergeron.

Some fans are delusional.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.