HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Perezhogin appreciation thread

Old
12-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

vCash: 500
Perezhogin appreciation thread

This guy has really reinvented himself this season. I never expected him to be such a good defensive forward. I thought he was all offense. Despite having just 11 pts he is a team leading +13 which is a testament to his improved defensive play. He along with Bonk, Komisarek, Markov and Johnson are are best even strength players right now. They tend to play against the other team's best offensive lines and just don't get scored upon. Kudos to the reinvention of Perezhogin

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 10:00 AM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Perezhogin is slowly becoming what I first thought he'd be, a solid all-around player. Let's just hope he still goes in this direction and produce more, that way he could be a legitimate 1st/2nd line winger.

I just love that kid.

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 10:02 AM
Catch-22

I admit that I may have been wrong about him a few weeks ago. Although he is softer than I would ideally like, he is responsible and his play is slowly growing on me.

Catch-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Nova_Scotia_Vees

He always seems to come up with pucks he shouldn't and looses the battles he should win..LOL Anyway when it all comes together he's gonna be something.

Nova_Scotia_Vees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 10:43 AM
Ross MacLochness

Strange timing for this thread.

I am a huge fan of Perezhogin and was one of the few on this board who defended him in training camp, but I thought he has his worst game of the season last night.

Confidence is still a big issue with him. Last night he had a great first couple shifts, forchecked hard, caused turnovers and backchecked, then took that double minor and his confidence was just shot to hell for the rest of the game. The puck must have slipped off his stick every time he touched it. (I also believe his second penalty was complete BS- on the replay you can clearly see the Bruin player trap Perezhogins stick between his arm and his body. Ive seen that a ton this year, and almost always the hook is called. Some may call it a savvy play to draw a penalty, I thinks its cheating and bush league)

Back to the thread, save for a couple games this year, I agree Alex has been pretty solid. The way he wins battles along the boards is just amazing. He's also easily the fastest player on this team.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Garp

I really like perez. He goes in the corners and work. He's been steadily improving since the begining of the year. However, I thought he was bad yesterday, giving a lot of turnovers...
But Anyways

Garp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garp View Post
I really like perez. He goes in the corners and work. He's been steadily improving since the begining of the year. However, I thougt he was bad yesterday, giving a lot of turnovers...
But Anyway
And a really dumb double minor for high sticking. What the hell was he thinking?

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Perezhogin is gonna be a very important part of this team 1 day.Much more then he already is right now.I just hope he keeps his stick down!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 11:14 AM
scosar

[QUOTE=Slip Slidin' Slim;7343858]Strange timing for this thread.

I am a huge fan of Perezhogin and was one of the few on this board who defended him in training camp, but I thought he has his worst game of the season last night.

Funny because I was watching the game on the NHL network and the Bruins commentators were just raving about him.

scosar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 11:31 AM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
And a really dumb double minor for high sticking. What the hell was he thinking?
He tried to lift up the stick but the guy deke so he missed it but didnt miss his head.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:00 PM
GSK*

Is it me but Perezhogin need to be on top two lines ?

Nothing against Bonk and Johnson But I thought Perezhogin can be more effective on top line...With Koivu and Lats.. ?

Anyway, since the begin of the year I argue with my friend this year he can put up 30pts at least and next year can be a 50pts players and continue to progress.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:05 PM
IcE ColD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
He tried to lift up the stick but the guy deke so he missed it but didnt miss his head.
If only all players were wearing a (half-)visor, this would've only been a 2 minutes.

*sigh*

Old
12-13-2006, 12:07 PM
Evil Ted

Perez is awsome in the role he plays this year, hes like +14. The whole 3rd line has been great too.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:26 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip Slidin' Slim View Post
Strange timing for this thread.

Confidence is still a big issue with him. Last night he had a great first couple shifts, forchecked hard, caused turnovers and backchecked, then took that double minor and his confidence was just shot to hell for the rest of the game. The puck must have slipped off his stick every time he touched it. (I also believe his second penalty was complete BS- on the replay you can clearly see the Bruin player trap Perezhogins stick between his arm and his body. Ive seen that a ton this year, and almost always the hook is called. Some may call it a savvy play to draw a penalty, I thinks its cheating and bush league)

Back to the thread, save for a couple games this year, I agree Alex has been pretty solid. The way he wins battles along the boards is just amazing. He's also easily the fastest player on this team.
exactly what I was about to post. He played terrible last night!

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:37 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Bleh honestly I don't think he was that awful last night. While I'm sure some of you do think he was bad on your own, I'm sure others were influenced by the RDS commentators being on his case all night long.

He has been great for us all year. Yesterday wasn't his best game of the year, clearly, but I think he was fine. A couple of turnovers, made up for by a couple of nice defensive efforts/steals.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:59 PM
IcE ColD

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
Bleh honestly I don't think he was that awful last night. While I'm sure some of you do think he was bad on your own, I'm sure others were influenced by the RDS commentators being on his case all night long.

He has been great for us all year. Yesterday wasn't his best game of the year, clearly, but I think he was fine. A couple of turnovers, made up for by a couple of nice defensive efforts/steals.
He was not awful. But it really was one of his worst night this year.

Old
12-13-2006, 04:06 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcE ColD View Post
He was not awful. But it really was one of his worst night this year.
He was just okay but you can see he's not moving his legs as much and not winning battles along the board.
I'm his biggest fan and that's why I want to him to correct it quickly. Hope he's not hiding an injury or something.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Russeltown

I appreciate Perezhogin! He hurts the opposite team quite often!!!

Seriously, he's playing very nicely this year with an impressive plus/minus of +13. Kudos to him

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 06:04 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

I had hoped for more goals from him but I am glad to see him doing well over. He's been a hard working forward for us but I'd love to see him burry a couple more, same with Plekanec. I like the progression he's made though.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 08:57 PM
terreur

vCash: 50
I think perez is so valuable. He is the best forechecker of the team by far.

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 10:19 PM
Teufelsdreck

He's a ferocious forechecker and his speed enables his to get back. He's still erratic and takes too many penalties, but he'll moderate that with experience. He also has a good shot.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 12:59 AM
Form and Substance

I have a feeling he'll explode in the second half. Just a hunch I guess, but I feel all the russians in the team are "heating" up.

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 01:11 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
I think the reason Perezhogin doesn't have as many goals as people expected is because he took the time to hone the defensive aspects of his game, as in how to play without the puck and how to play in his own end. To me, it shows great character that someone with as much natural scoring ability as Perezhogin has also recognizes the importance of playing defense instead of just coasting on those offensive skills.

Plus, how can you not appreciate his +/-??

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote