HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Time to part with people who say "Part with Kostitsyn/Trade Kostitsyn"

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-13-2006, 11:28 AM
  #26
Mr San Diego Hab
Mosdell = Cup Champ
 
Mr San Diego Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego/Anchorage
Country: United States
Posts: 661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
Nobody is biased except you given your user name. The only bias we have is towards the Habs. We want them to do well and right now this team is better served with Kost in the minors because we have better wingers on the NHL team. Nuff said.

Well said...

Mr San Diego Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 11:33 AM
  #27
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Additional generic cop comment, Brian.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 11:37 AM
  #28
Cenzo_
Registered User
 
Cenzo_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
It's called an opinion - look into it. This is an open forum.

My opinion is that he will not turn into anything more than a fringe NHL'er. Maybe I'll be wrong.

I don't think he has all the tools, physical and mental, to be a front line player.
I think it s normal that people from Quebec cheers more for a young quebeker prospect ( who is pretty impressive for his firts season).
But in some way, if kostsysin is really a better player (that s not what i am saying) then it s kind off stupid to cheer more for the local boy, but i m sorry we (french canadiens) just love to have a young prospect with our roots!

But i do agree, people taht are saying trade kostsysin are wrong, why would u want to trade our best prospect. Hey let s trade all our prospect and keep our player for the next 10 year, i can t wait to see kovy in 10 year's !

But i'm sorry kostsysin got hies chance on the big league, and he blew it! Carbo was saying that kostsysib deseved him, that it s not normal for a players who s getting a chance to play in the nhl to give a slow match... that s his opinion, maybe not yours

But i defenitly think Carbo know what to do best


Cenzo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 11:54 AM
  #29
Kostitsyn404*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
I agree with most of the post... Kostitsyn was our best player last year playing with Bulis on the 2nd line. Yeah we had some injury but he did very good. No media ever say his name or whatever. He probably made the most spectacular play last season and no journalist say anything about this move. Lapierre who did good for a 4th liner yesterday and media made some super video to show how good he was. Why? Because he was quebecer. I dont say he didnt play good he did very well but stop promoting the guy at least...

Kostitsyn played with Kovalev and Samsonov... Is it a good thing? No. Both had problem like never before and they couldnt do anything good on the ice. And journalist blame this guy. As far as I know Latendresse was even worse with them. And saying that Latendresse was better then Kostitsyn in training camp is wrong. The only game RDS broadcasted this year Kostitsyn was better and RDS said he was invisible.

Anyway,
Which is the point I'm trying to make. Here Latandresse barely really proves anything. But the overwhelming bias in favor of Quebec born players brings him to our A line. No offense to Lat he's a good player. But proved nothing and was still put on our 1st line.

I'm not even asking for Kostitsyn to be brought to top 6, i just want him to be given a chance to play for us. Not only are people biased against him because of the whole Lat/Kost thing, but you never hear anything about Kost and he's our #1 prospect. Sorry but come on!

Your telling me that's not bias? But then they bring up Lapierre who gets all this attention all of the sudden? Hrmm wonder why that is.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 11:59 AM
  #30
rick1042
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Verdun
Country: Canada
Posts: 266
vCash: 500
I don't believe people are biased against Kostitsyn, I just think whatever decision is made by an organization its based on many factors that are particular to the player himself. Some of the factors why I don't think he has made the team yet are:

- Both Carbonneau and Don Lever have said that his intensity level is not where it should be yet. I think this organization wants to establish strict organizational standards for all the players on the team and they can't deviate from this especially for a rookie player.

- Don Lever also said that his english is not that great yet. This may lead to a missed assignement or mistake on the ice. In the AHL, he is talented enought to cover his mistakes, but in the NHL, they will certantly be exposed. In Montreal, the media and fans will be all over him, and again, due to his lack of english skills, he will have a much harder time explaining himself.

- While Kostitsyn has been on fire recently, he also started out slow. The organization and it's fans (me included), just want to take a bit more time to see if he has really taken the step forward before making any decisions regarding his play.

- Like it or not, Montreal have a lot of players like him on the team right now and I think too much of the same thing is not good for a team.

I would'nt worry about Kostitsyn right now. His develepmental stage is a bit longer than others right now but that is not surprising, Andre Savard had said so when he got drafted. Heck Ryan Miller only made it as a regular goaltender with Buffallo at 24years old. And as for people wanting him to be traded, there are so many fans with so many opinions that people were saying to trade Komisarek last year, Perezoghin during training camp, Plekanec at the begining of the year, Huet also at the begining of the year. That's Montreal Hockey in the age of the Internet!!

rick1042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:01 PM
  #31
Kostitsyn404*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
Nobody is biased except you given your user name. The only bias we have is towards the Habs. We want them to do well and right now this team is better served with Kost in the minors because we have better wingers on the NHL team. Nuff said.
But I never said REPLACE Lat with Kost. You people keep jumping back to the same topic which this isn't about.

This is about one thing and one thing only.

Bias in hockey. Specifically in favor or french/quebec born players.

I don't see what's so hard to understand about that. And frankly Kostitsyn > Downey/Murray/and as of recently Begin right now. Those three have been given numerous opertunities to play well and have not. (Begin has played o k ) Why not bring him in and give him a chance, maybe we could actually use him.

Just saying at this point, people would rather "trade" kostitsyn rather then bring him up and see what he can do. Higgins HAS been injured, Samsanov WAS playing like crap. There was plenty of time and space to try out our deserving AHLer but instead they even bring up Lapierre. I don't think Lapierre was a bad decision. I think he's going to be awesome, but still. I mean Kostitsyn has been on fire, he's earn the chance and plenty of people on our team have earned being demoted.

Your saying there's no bias what so ever? Keeping in mind Kosty can barely speak English, let alone French. But he IS our #1 prospect, yet we see people like Lat who were never even in the AHL. As well as other AHLers not performing AS well as Kosty. Not saying Lapierre was a bad moveup. Quite the opposite. Just like we needed Lat over Kostitsyn due to issues and due to size, style of play, same goes for Lapierre. We need a center right now and Lapierre was a good suite for the 4th line. Not denying that. Just saying, what makes him deserve the shot more then Kostitisyn? Especially when we have a star forward injured.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:04 PM
  #32
Kostitsyn404*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenzo_ View Post
I think it s normal that people from Quebec cheers more for a young quebeker prospect ( who is pretty impressive for his firts season).
But in some way, if kostsysin is really a better player (that s not what i am saying) then it s kind off stupid to cheer more for the local boy, but i m sorry we (french canadiens) just love to have a young prospect with our roots!

But i do agree, people taht are saying trade kostsysin are wrong, why would u want to trade our best prospect. Hey let s trade all our prospect and keep our player for the next 10 year, i can t wait to see kovy in 10 year's !

But i'm sorry kostsysin got hies chance on the big league, and he blew it! Carbo was saying that kostsysib deseved him, that it s not normal for a players who s getting a chance to play in the nhl to give a slow match... that s his opinion, maybe not yours

But i defenitly think Carbo know what to do best

LOL I know 15yr olds that skated faster then Lat when he was first in the NHL and your saying it's because of Kostitsyn being slow?

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:07 PM
  #33
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser
 
Psycho Papa Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cesspool, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
But I never said REPLACE Lat with Kost. You people keep jumping back to the same topic which this isn't about.

This is about one thing and one thing only.

Bias in hockey. Specifically in favor or french/quebec born players.

I don't see what's so hard to understand about that. And frankly Kostitsyn > Downey/Murray/and as of recently Begin right now. Those three have been given numerous opertunities to play well and have not. (Begin has played o k ) Why not bring him in and give him a chance, maybe we could actually use him.

Just saying at this point, people would rather "trade" kostitsyn rather then bring him up and see what he can do. Higgins HAS been injured, Samsanov WAS playing like crap. There was plenty of time and space to try out our deserving AHLer but instead they even bring up Lapierre. I don't think Lapierre was a bad decision. I think he's going to be awesome, but still. I mean Kostitsyn has been on fire, he's earn the chance and plenty of people on our team have earned being demoted.

Your saying there's no bias what so ever? Keeping in mind Kosty can barely speak English, let alone French. But he IS our #1 prospect, yet we see people like Lat who were never even in the AHL. As well as other AHLers not performing AS well as Kosty. Not saying Lapierre was a bad moveup. Quite the opposite. Just like we needed Lat over Kostitsyn due to issues and due to size, style of play, same goes for Lapierre. We need a center right now and Lapierre was a good suite for the 4th line. Not denying that. Just saying, what makes him deserve the shot more then Kostitisyn? Especially when we have a star forward injured.
Lapierre is just more well suited for the 4th line than Kost. That is the reason he was called up. It has nothing to do with an ethnic bias.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:08 PM
  #34
Kostitsyn404*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick767 View Post
I don't believe people are biased against Kostitsyn, I just think whatever decision is made by an organization its based on many factors that are particular to the player himself. Some of the factors why I don't think he has made the team yet are:

- Both Carbonneau and Don Lever have said that his intensity level is not where it should be yet. I think this organization wants to establish strict organizational standards for all the players on the team and they can't deviate from this especially for a rookie player.

- Don Lever also said that his english is not that great yet. This may lead to a missed assignement or mistake on the ice. In the AHL, he is talented enought to cover his mistakes, but in the NHL, they will certantly be exposed. In Montreal, the media and fans will be all over him, and again, due to his lack of english skills, he will have a much harder time explaining himself.

- While Kostitsyn has been on fire recently, he also started out slow. The organization and it's fans (me included), just want to take a bit more time to see if he has really taken the step forward before making any decisions regarding his play.

- Like it or not, Montreal have a lot of players like him on the team right now and I think too much of the same thing is not good for a team.

I would'nt worry about Kostitsyn right now. His develepmental stage is a bit longer than others right now but that is not surprising, Andre Savard had said so when he got drafted. Heck Ryan Miller only made it as a regular goaltender with Buffallo at 24years old. And as for people wanting him to be traded, there are so many fans with so many opinions that people were saying to trade Komisarek last year, Perezoghin during training camp, Plekanec at the begining of the year, Huet also at the begining of the year. That's Montreal Hockey in the age of the Internet!!
Keep in mind. If you read my thread, I was stating that it's the PEOPLE HERE who are biased, not the actual organization. I say this because I constantly see "TRADE Kostitsyn, Trade Kovalev, Trade Samsanov" etc and I personally find it retarded how nobody ever said "Trade Lat" when he did completely nothing in the beginning and was playing like crap. And god forbid anybody said "Send him back down" but when it comes to Kostitsyn (a non Quebecer) it's cool to say bad things about him on this forum. First thing you say about Lat, your getting bashed my 1000x angry french dudes. (Referring to in real life in Quebec & this forum specifically)

Sorry you say it isn't bias, but it is. Wow so the guy has 7 goals. Not like Kosty was ever even given a chance. Considering this guy (Kost) scored on his first shot, you'd think he'd be getting more postive attention(last season).

Especially considering he's ripping apart the AHL right now with Lapierre (he's ahead of lapierre, not saying he's better than LaPierre, saying he has more pts and better +/-) and Lapieere gets all this attention

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:11 PM
  #35
hab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 654
vCash: 500
Its unfortunate that you would rather believe everything is based on pushing the french Canadian instead of earning a spot( which I commend the habs brass for giving the spot to lats when he clearly won a spot in camp). But what you are accusing the habs management of doing is just stupid.... at is all based on best player to fill the spot, kost is a top 6 type player, and he did not earn a spot in the top 6 spot.... he has talent, and he probably will get his spot eventually... but not today

hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:15 PM
  #36
Kostitsyn404*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
Lapierre is just more well suited for the 4th line than Kost. That is the reason he was called up. It has nothing to do with an ethnic bias.
Not so much ethnic bias in the organization that I'm really meaning to refer to, but more-so the fans. Since day 1 Lat has been chanted as if he's some god sent down from the heavans to save our team. He's an average player, yet he's given so much credit. Kovalev has a crappy +/-. He's still putting up points, he may not be playing 100% which kind of sucks, but people say "Trade Kovalev", guess what, our team can do with out LAT, it can't do with out Kovalev. Look at the points on our team. Screw the +/- as we are a PP team and PP doesn't count for +/-. Kovalev is one of our best players. Yet people say trade him.

When a Quebec born player isn't doing so good we seem to be so forgiving though.

Don't see why that is. I really don't. Bottom line is Kostitsyn after all this time deserves to be an NHLer and if he was given the chance, could've been on our 1st line right now instead of lat, or possibly replacing ryder's crappy performance this season. They didn't give him the chance though. Why is that. Why is it that the kid who did nothing to deserve it gets an entire season, but the guy whose been playing in the AHL tearing it up and wants the chance badly, doesn't get squat. Sorry but 1 game compaired to Latandresse's 30 isn't a fair chance.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:15 PM
  #37
Cenzo_
Registered User
 
Cenzo_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
LOL I know 15yr olds that skated faster then Lat when he was first in the NHL and your saying it's because of Kostitsyn being slow?
Ok i think u misread my thread, what i was saying is that Carbo said that kostisyn did'nt come out strong enough, that he was not trying hard enough to impress the coach...

But your right, he shoold get an other chance, and for sur he will be in the club next season. Hey it s good that he is killing in the ahl, he's still improving, and more then if he was playing on the 4th trio

But get off the lats case, he s great!!!!!

Cenzo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:15 PM
  #38
loadie
Official Beer Taster
 
loadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
Lat was given 10000x the opertunities Kostitsyn was.

Hell Lats was in the QMJHL and was brought directly to NHL

Kostitsyn is tearing it up in the AHL for his second year now and STILL waiting to be brought up even though our 2nd and 4th lines have been playing like CRAP.
Ok, firstly, after reading some of the your other posts in this thread, you may want to go get laid, or use something to relax a bit. No need to be getting all worked up about nothing.

Second, after telling PPJ to learn to read, maybe you should re-read my post, where I said that I hope Kosts gets a real chance to make the team.

Thirdly, where is Kosts tearing up the AHL for the second year?

2004-05 Hamilton Bulldogs AHL 66 12 11 23 24 3 0 0 0 0
2005-06 Hamilton Bulldogs AHL 64 18 29 47 76 -- -- -- -- --
2005-06 Montreal Canadiens NHL 12 2 1 3 2 -- -- -- -- --
2006-07 Montreal Canadiens* NHL 4 0 0 0 0
2006-07 Hamilton Bulldogs AHL 21 7 13 20 19

He's having a better year this year, but he sure isn't dominating on the score sheet like your saying. I understand your love of this player, but your ranting won't get him to the big show any faster.

loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:16 PM
  #39
Rayne*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
Your telling me that's not bias? But then they bring up Lapierre who gets all this attention all of the sudden? Hrmm wonder why that is.
Maybe because Lapierre is a centre, and he was called up to fill Begin's spot, who's also a centre. Kostitsyn wouldn't be called up for that. If one of Latendresse/Ryder/Samsonov/Kovalev/Perezhogin/Johnson go down with injury, THEN Kost will be brought up. Till then, live with the fact that he's a glorified AHL'er and will be until the Habs either trade him or lose some depth on the wings.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:23 PM
  #40
Kostitsyn404*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hab View Post
Its unfortunate that you would rather believe everything is based on pushing the french Canadian instead of earning a spot( which I commend the habs brass for giving the spot to lats when he clearly won a spot in camp). But what you are accusing the habs management of doing is just stupid.... at is all based on best player to fill the spot, kost is a top 6 type player, and he did not earn a spot in the top 6 spot.... he has talent, and he probably will get his spot eventually... but not today

NOT THE HABS MANAGEMENT! READ! READ READ! MAINLY THE FANS. MAINLY THE FANS. I.E. If you read the thread, the people on this board and in Quebec in general.

Sorry but I already repedately restate the fact of whether or not Lat won the camp being true or earning the spot, is irrelevant because it would've been a waste of time keeping him in the QMJHL and he wasn't old enough for the AHL. I know this. I know Lat earned his spot and it was the smart decision for the team. I'm not saying the management is biased, more-so the media and actual fans.

Read as I repeat this the 50th time.

It is not the Montreal Canadians Organization I am referring to as Bias.
Kostitsyn wasn't on the team earlier this season because time wasn't right.

We're getting off topic here:

The topic is to do with the Bias either for Quebecers or against the Russians. That is all. And all it is to do with is the Fans and/or People of this board. NOT THE MONTREAL CANADIANS MANAGEMENT

I hope I've clarified this now.

So why do people on this board keep saying "Trade Kostitsyn" etc, or saying to get rid of him? imo it's due to bias.

It can't be due to anything else because

A) he hasn't been given a chance to PROVE himself yet.
B) Don't say preseason because preseason doesn't mean anything, your not up against veterans and real teams.
C) Why would you say to trade our #1 Prospect who looks promising unless your being biased in one way or another?

Face it. I'm NOT REFERRING TO THE MONTREAL CANADIANS ORGANIZATION, I'm referring to the general public that seem to think:

Trade Samsanov - Only Understandable One Of the Three
Trade Kovalev - One of our highest point leaders, if you wanna trade him, then by the same logic trade Lat because he produces less on a HIGHER line.
Trade Kostitsyn - Trade a guy who hasn't proven anything yet because our organization won't let him. Not saying THEY (BEING THE ORGANIZATION) are biased against him. Saying they've let other people have their chances like Lat who were less deserving (didn't even play in the AHL yet, was drafted lower, fit our team better so it's understandable but that still doesn't make him more deserving just because he checks more and is a big guy).

If you can let a QMJHL player have 82 NHL games so far this season, giving him an effective chance at proving himself(because they SAID he wouldn't go back down no matter what keeping in mind), why can't you give your top prospect even 5-6 games in a row when you HAVE INJURIES ANYWAYS.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:28 PM
  #41
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
Latendresse at 19 years old > Kostitsyn at almost 22 years old

That is telling.

That said, I think Kostitsyn right now could give us what Samsonov does and at a fraction of the cost. Hindsight is 20/20 but right now I wish Gainey had gone with the kids instead of dipping into the UFA market this past summer. That cap room Samsonov takes up would come in really handy when we try to sign our d-men, Ryder and Higgins this summer to extensions.
100% agreement with that!

If we could find a way to move Samsonov (yes, even after his 1 excellent game) and give that job to Kostitsyn (not saying right now today, but at least some time before cap compliance day on Oct. 1, 2007) then I'd feel a little bit better about our situation in general.

On the otherhand, if there doesn't seem likely to be a way to move Samsonov, or if he just keeps playing excellent games the rest of the year and this does shape up to be a year where we have some chance, any chance - even as a darkhorse, to compete for the Cup and Kostitsyn is the price of adding a crucial component at the deadline (should such a component happen to be available)... well, that's what good teams do. It doesn't really have much to do with liking or disliking Kostitsyn. He is progressing nicely. He should have value to any rebuilding-oriented teams at the deadline. There are only so many such cards we'll have to play. And who knows, if our defense is decimated by free agency next summer, if our 3rd line is decimated, perhaps it will be a couple more years before we get a chance as good as this one. Live for the present, I say. Go for it when we can. We've reached the stage of organisational depth where we can actually afford to adopt that philosophy, and we should probably be pretty thankful as fans that we have.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:38 PM
  #42
hab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 654
vCash: 500
I said your issues are with management because you keep saying how Lats and Lappiere have been given all the oportunities that kost has not.... the fans dont decide that, I dont decide that, the media does not decide that, the guy who posted trade Kost doesnt decide that........

MANAGEMENT DOES!!!!!!!!

hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 02:03 PM
  #43
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser
 
Psycho Papa Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cesspool, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
When a Quebec born player isn't doing so good we seem to be so forgiving though.
Huh? Try telling that to Ribeiro and Brisebois.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 02:12 PM
  #44
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Western Canuckland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,951
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
I was reading another thread on this forum and I'd like to address an issue with it in general.

Stop being so quick to judge. Basing your opinions on retarded bias. If it's good for our team, it's good for our team. If there comes a day where our team is nearly 100% russian or 100% quebecers or 100% torontonians, I don't really care as long as they're a good team and the players give it 100% every night.
Lats deserves a spot if he was a western canadian farm boy. He held off Chara to score a goal. That is unheard off. Lats stays.


Last edited by montreal: 12-13-2006 at 05:32 PM.
toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 03:05 PM
  #45
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg
 
Souffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Le Creuset
Country: France
Posts: 3,484
vCash: 500
It's kind of funny to see a thread about an anti-Kostitsyn bias. These boards, until relatively recently, showed nothing but crazy love for the guy. Posters would dream up comparisons of him being a cross between Mogilny and Bure "but with more grit". He was pencilled into a top 6 role in every pre-season/off-season thread about "next year's lines". Despite two mediocre AHL seasons, there were always excuses about the language barrier, the style of play, his girlfriend, the stupid coach, etc.

I really don't think that these boards have an anti-Kostitsyn bias, and they never have apart from a few posters here and there who never liked the pick. (Even now, every time it's brought up, there are a lot of posters who hint at a conspiracy to keep Latendresse after pre-season because of his Quebec-ness.) Most posters were true believers who insisted that he would one day be better than Carter or Getzlaf or whoever else was available. Now those true believers look pretty smart, as he is rounding into a pretty good prospect. I never much liked the pick, but if I'm proven wrong, it's one of those cases where I'll be happy to admit it.

Anyway, about the trade him now type of posts, there are really two kinds. One kind is the "trade [insert player here]" type of post. I mean, we see threads about trading Souray weekly. The other kind is like what Blind Gardien said: good teams sometimes trade good prospects to get that missing piece for a Cup run. It's not about a bias against Kostitsyn, it's just about a bias for winning the Cup. If it costs Kostitsyn, so be it. The Habs finally have the organization depth to make that kind of trade.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 03:17 PM
  #46
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,078
vCash: 500
Kostitsyn doesn't enjoy immunity against being traded. If he's traded for someone who can help the team now and in the future, that's OK. However, I would be very upset if he were thrown away for nothing or next to nothing, like Robidas, Beauchemin, Hossa, and Hainsey (net return for all four: Garth Murray).

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 03:20 PM
  #47
VladNYC
Registered User
 
VladNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 6,374
vCash: 500
Man i love the Habs, but the fans are THE WORST IN THE LEAGUE.

Never have I seen more racially biased fas in ANY city. Never have i seen more impatient, what have you done for me lately fans in ANY city. Trade kovalev? He is the best player you got. Trade Samsonov? He is a monster once he gets going. Have you haters ever seen him play anywhere else? What is wrong with you guys? The habs, with the exception of Koivu have some of the worst centers in the league and you wonder why your star wingers can't produce. I mean you have PLEKANEC as center for Kovalev and Samsonov, who in all honesty would be playing in the AHL on most other teams. How about you stop blaming your Russian players and pick up a good center. And maybe some one other then Vinny LECAVALIER, i know you guys get a boner from the mere thought of another French Canadian on the team, but maybe you should look into Datysuk, he won't play in Detroit for 5mil but he will play in Montreal for less then he would play for in Detroit. There is not a better center in the league that's available. You guys have 3, ALL STAR Russian. These guys are Olympians and National Team regulars and some how all of a sudden they are no good. I really don't get you guys. Maybe you guys should just draft a whole team full of Francophones and then you wouldn't have any one else to blame. Seriously, send Kovalev and Samsonov and Markov and Kosty x 2 and Grabovski to Tamba Bay, pick up St.Louis and Lecavalier and Andre Deveaux and maybe some relocated French Canadian fans you can suit up just to be silly. Then the Stanley Cups will come rolling in right after the other.


VladNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 03:20 PM
  #48
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
Ok, firstly, after reading some of the your other posts in this thread, you may want to go get laid, or use something to relax a bit. No need to be getting all worked up about nothing.

Second, after telling PPJ to learn to read, maybe you should re-read my post, where I said that I hope Kosts gets a real chance to make the team.

Thirdly, where is Kosts tearing up the AHL for the second year?

2004-05 Hamilton Bulldogs AHL 66 12 11 23 24 3 0 0 0 0
2005-06 Hamilton Bulldogs AHL 64 18 29 47 76 -- -- -- -- --
2005-06 Montreal Canadiens NHL 12 2 1 3 2 -- -- -- -- --
2006-07 Montreal Canadiens* NHL 4 0 0 0 0
2006-07 Hamilton Bulldogs AHL 21 7 13 20 19

He's having a better year this year, but he sure isn't dominating on the score sheet like your saying. I understand your love of this player, but your ranting won't get him to the big show any faster.

He had a slow start but he's been tearing it up lately.
1g 4a in his last 2 games.
Grabovski too is picking it up.


Last edited by znk: 12-13-2006 at 03:27 PM.
znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 03:45 PM
  #49
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
Okay. I'm sick of people using this as an excuse because CLEARLY you don't know how to read or didn't read if you are saying that. Because fact is the preseason doesn't mean anything. Really Kostitsyn is tearing it up right now on the Bulldogs. I don't see Lat tearing it up, I see <insert random person OTHER THAN RYDER> playing on Koivu's line. Really it's pathetic to use the preseason as an excuse.
Teams don't send players, who are ready for the prime time, back to the farm.. several years in a row ... they make room for them.

I'm not a huge Latendresse fan (You can check my previous posts if you like) but the kid has earned his keep.. gave the club a reason not to send him down.

I hope the kid turns out, but history tells us otherwise. If you can't crack the big club after 2 years in the AHL.. its a very tough road.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 03:54 PM
  #50
Nyclaus
Registered User
 
Nyclaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Good Vibes!
Country: Canada
Posts: 924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Lats deserves a spot if he was a western canadian farm boy. He held off Chara to score a goal. That is unheard off. Lats stays.

Did you have to quote the whole thing to say so little???

Nyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.