HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL 2013-2014 Season

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2013, 08:32 PM
Rangersfan21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFanForever View Post
But it is ILLEGAL to pay players in JR B Hockey that is why lol lol
It is not illegal at all...players are allowed to receive a 'travel allowance' for gas, etc. How they determine how much that is would be pretty tough to control.

Old
10-27-2013, 08:41 PM
HawksFanForever

Looks like Athens has fallen on hard times as Casselman beats them with 73 shots and the top three teams from the St Lawerence has had their way so far with that division.

Old
10-27-2013, 08:42 PM
HawksFanForever

But that is what the Live Game had and we all know that can be wrong lol lol

Old
10-28-2013, 02:30 PM
ZiebartPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitans View Post
I don't think it was Fraser who was suspended. It was the A-Coach.
Falsetti, Gio (Suspended 13 Games)
My understanding was when the new Perth management turfed Hamish and crew an appropriate remark was made on Twitter.
Let's stick to the facts folks. The new Perth management didn't 'turf' Hamish and Crew. they were turfed before the team sold

Old
10-28-2013, 02:40 PM
ZiebartPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjh08 View Post
I was listening to the Lake 88.1 Junior Hockey talk, great show, however when Mike McLean was talking he said that there was no evidence or paperwork to support Stittsville's claim of a trade made last year. Talking to Stittsville goalie coach on weekend he said that emails were submitted to the league that showed the "future" part of the deal and that they only did the protest because Perth had protested a comment made by the Stittsville coach which was demanding that he be suspended by it. I am not sure why Mike would say that they do not play the "politics" game when he clearly does. (Does anyone know what comments were made by the Stittsville coach Hammish Fraser that got him in trouble?)
Why would a team not try and get all the points they can. Not only does Stittsville gain one point which isn't a lot really, more importantly Perth loses points. Its a lot harder to chase everyone from the bottom than it is to stay at the top. Also told that Perth knew about the trade way back in Aug/early Sept yet claim they were unaware. Questions on validity of Perth comments on public radio....
How do you know the background of what did or didn't happen 'back in Aug/Sept'? I was told Fraser and a few other GM's made a lot of backdoor deals, including illegal trades for 16YOCs and then he made up trades after he got fired to dessemate the Perth team because he was pissed off and there was no paperwork. The **** started after he got hired to Stittsville in May. wonder how long he had an offer on the table from Stittsville before he made up all the ******** trades.... or is it all rumours. Better ask the EOJHL officers for clarification... if you ever get it.

Old
10-28-2013, 05:11 PM
KL14

Injury in Shawville

I understand that one of the Shawville players was seriously injured during the game against Perth....any update on how the young man is doing ?

Old
10-28-2013, 10:01 PM
OnlytheCH
HockeyTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonface View Post
How do you know the background of what did or didn't happen 'back in Aug/Sept'? I was told Fraser and a few other GM's made a lot of backdoor deals, including illegal trades for 16YOCs and then he made up trades after he got fired to dessemate the Perth team because he was pissed off and there was no paperwork. The **** started after he got hired to Stittsville in May. wonder how long he had an offer on the table from Stittsville before he made up all the ******** trades.... or is it all rumours. Better ask the EOJHL officers for clarification... if you ever get it.
People can post what they want, relax, I bet you don't know the exact details either haha. It's all he said she said.

Old
10-29-2013, 08:48 AM
hurricane11

I think it's well known around the league what a scammer Hamish Fraser is. Why wouldn't the commissioner get involved and have the situation figured out before Perth used an illegal player to save embarrassment for the league.

Old
10-29-2013, 12:07 PM
ZiebartPro

Commissioner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane11 View Post
I think it's well known around the league what a scammer Hamish Fraser is. Why wouldn't the commissioner get involved and have the situation figured out before Perth used an illegal player to save embarrassment for the league.
I think its also well known that the commissioner is non-existent 90% of the time. We heard Perth did it right through the league but after Stittsville lost to them and fraser put in a complaint then the stories changed. Did the commissioner lose his memory? Its no secret people think that league needs some house cleaning starting at the top. wonder how much that guy gets paid to embarrass the league and don't think this is the first time crap like this has happened over the years

Old
10-29-2013, 12:33 PM
Jeff077

Quote:
I think its also well known that the commissioner is non-existent 90% of the time. We heard Perth did it right through the league but after Stittsville lost to them and fraser put in a complaint then the stories changed. Did the commissioner lose his memory? Its no secret people think that league needs some house cleaning starting at the top. wonder how much that guy gets paid to embarrass the league and don't think this is the first time crap like this has happened over the years
Throwing out a lot of accusations. Do you have absolute proof that Perth did it right through the league or are you going on hearsay or just one side of the story?

I cannot comment as I do not know the whole story, however the league is not in the habit of taking away points if you did everything right.

Did Perth exercise their rights to all of their appeals?

Old
10-29-2013, 12:46 PM
ZiebartPro

hearsay is right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff077 View Post
Throwing out a lot of accusations. Do you have absolute proof that Perth did it right through the league or are you going on hearsay or just one side of the story?

I cannot comment as I do not know the whole story, however the league is not in the habit of taking away points if you did everything right.

Did Perth exercise their rights to all of their appeals?
Dude, I ain't Perth so why don't you ask them.... and yes its all hearsay, this whole message board is hearsay....the league isn't in the habit of what?.... you know them all that well you vouch for their 100% accuracy and honesty in everything they do? Every GM in that league breaks the rules every day this isn't a news flash.... they need better leadership

Old
10-29-2013, 01:14 PM
Jeff077

Quote:
Dude, I ain't Perth so why don't you ask them.... and yes its all hearsay, this whole message board is hearsay....the league isn't in the habit of what?.... you know them all that well you vouch for their 100% accuracy and honesty in everything they do? Every GM in that league breaks the rules every day this isn't a news flash.... they need better leadership
LOL! You bring a lot to the board with your knowledge.

As I said before the league is not in the habit of taking points if you did everything right...

It kind of is a news flash to me that the GM's are breaking the rules everyday, it does happen but certainly not to the extent you are portraying.

BTW Dude I ain't Perth either but I was not the one saying Perth did it right through the league.

Old
10-29-2013, 01:57 PM
EOJHLman

Quote:

It is funny to hear these type of rumors. Every part of your post was incorrect. The league knew exactly what went on, that was why Perth was caught with an illegal player and they paid the price. End of Story. It does not matter who protested this, any team could have done it. But it was in the interest of all the other Valley teams and Clarence to protest it as the points matter. Stittsville protested because it gave them one more point and took away 4 points for the use of the illegal player.

And BTW, many teams were interested in coach Fraser, Stittsville was just lucky enough to land him. He is a very honorable man and you should not disparage him lightly, especially if you really do not know him.

Old
10-29-2013, 02:22 PM
PG

Quote:
Disagree - I know of several GM/Owners beyond reproach and observe the rules - perhaps sometimes to their detriment

Old
10-29-2013, 02:30 PM
ZiebartPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOJHLman View Post
It is funny to hear these type of rumors. Every part of your post was incorrect. The league knew exactly what went on, that was why Perth was caught with an illegal player and they paid the price. End of Story. It does not matter who protested this, any team could have done it. But it was in the interest of all the other Valley teams and Clarence to protest it as the points matter. Stittsville protested because it gave them one more point and took away 4 points for the use of the illegal player.

And BTW, many teams were interested in coach Fraser, Stittsville was just lucky enough to land him. He is a very honorable man and you should not disparage him lightly, especially if you really do not know him.
yes I'm sure they were... and yes I do know him and you shouldn't use the word "honorable" lightly either. You seem awfully certain of your words here... guess you have the inside scoop on what went on... interesting. Not sure how any team can get 'caught' with illegal players when the league has no idea where or who has the 16yoc in the league. another issue that has plagued them for quite a few years

Old
10-29-2013, 02:54 PM
valleydude

Let's Move On

Now that we have established it is OK to discuss rumours on an internet chat group, what do people think of this one coming out of the CCHL group.

Kanata moving, targets either Refrew or Arnprior ??

Old
10-29-2013, 04:10 PM
PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitans View Post
Now that we have established it is OK to discuss rumours on an internet chat group, what do people think of this one coming out of the CCHL group.

Kanata moving, targets either Refrew or Arnprior ??
If the owners ever want to approach break even - makes sense

Old
10-29-2013, 04:24 PM
hurricane11

Hamish has made deals with a few Rideau-St Lawerence teams for money and was unable to come to terms agreed upon. As for interest in his coaching services i know that he begged for the Athens job and they had no interest in him.

As for the Commissioner when roster's are submitted should they not double check to make sure teams have followed the rules. I am by no means on Perth's side it just doesn't make any sense that the league would let this go on for so many games.

Old
10-29-2013, 04:40 PM
pucksly

Twitter account set up to post updates on the status of injured Shawville player.
@BrettNugent15 Give it a follow and share with others.

Old
10-29-2013, 04:42 PM
pucksly

There's also a Facebook page that has more information.
https://www.facebook.com/brettnugent15

Old
10-29-2013, 06:13 PM
connor macdavid
In the press box

vCash: 986
Catch OJC's home opener tonight, puck drop in 10 minutes, as they host the Renfrew TImberwolves:

http://www.spreaker.com/user/ottsportsbrdgrp

Old
10-29-2013, 07:05 PM
connor macdavid
In the press box

1-0 Timberwolves lead through 20 minutes, a very uninspired twenty from the Canadians, who lack any kind of emotion so far in their home opener.

Bailey Hein picked up his second of the season on a PP scramble.

Two good teams tonight, and it should be a good final forty!

Old
10-29-2013, 08:23 PM
valleydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonsOnIce96 View Post
1-0 Timberwolves lead through 20 minutes, a very uninspired twenty from the Canadians, who lack any kind of emotion so far in their home opener.

So much for that. 7 players ejected, a CFB and a 5 minute for Cross Checking which probably means somebody got hurt.

Old
10-29-2013, 08:51 PM
pucksly

Inspiration

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonsOnIce96 View Post

Renfrew beat OJC 5-1.
188 minutes on 36 penalties. Must have been quite a show. Sounds like OJC found their "emotions".
Do these two teams have a history with each other?

Old
10-29-2013, 08:56 PM
connor macdavid
In the press box

Not entirely.

It was a fun game to call, but I have to say that OJC's rust is CLEARLY showing.

Renfrew came in and dominated them from start to finish.

A very exciting game to call, to say the least

The Canadians had roughly three scoring chances the entire night, and I'll say that Renfrew are playing some of the best hockey in the M/V right now.

No doubt suspensions will come down to Crozier (two game misconducts, didn't know that was possible), probably Campbell, potentially Doner, etc.

Very exciting game and worth a listen for sure!

Closed Thread