HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

From a Bruins Fan...

Old
12-13-2006, 09:03 AM
OntheBorder555

vCash: 500
From a Bruins Fan...

Just wanted to say that last night turned out to be a pretty good game...I thought Montreal dominated most of the game but that usually happens when we play you guys up there.

Also wanted to say you guys have the craziest, loudest crowd I have ever seen/heard. Lots of respect to your fans up there and selling out every game. I wish more arenas would fill up like that.

Good luck this year!

OntheBorder555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 09:06 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheBorder555 View Post
Just wanted to say that last night turned out to be a pretty good game...I thought Montreal dominated most of the game but that usually happens when we play you guys up there.

Also wanted to say you guys have the craziest, loudest crowd I have ever seen/heard. Lots of respect to your fans up there and selling out every game. I wish more arenas would fill up like that.

Good luck this year!
Thanks. It was a pretty good game indeed, especially when you consider that the Bruins likely had Kessel somewhere on their mind, and the Habs were likely thinking of Laura Gainey.

But good job by both teams to put those feelings aside, and play a decent hockey game. And indeed. Largest seating capacity in the league at 21,273, and always sold out.

Good luck to you guys to sneak into the playoffs!

Playoffs just aren't the same without us kicking the Bruins' butts

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 09:08 AM
Kostitsyn404*

It's too bad both teams had really good reasons to win and both couldn't. Feel bad for Kessel. Hope he's going to be okay.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 09:21 AM
PurpleShamrock

Hope you don't mind another Bruins fan weighing in. While the result of last night's game wasn't what I would've liked, I must admit that the game was fast-paced and entertaining. Still, I miss some of the personal rivalries from the old days (Neely/McPhee, Miller/Kordic et. al.), and there doesn't seem to anything comparable today as far as I can see.

Nice game by Samsonov, by the way. Why can't we get players like that?

PurpleShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 09:36 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleShamrock View Post
Nice game by Samsonov, by the way. Why can't we get players like that?
You want him? Take him, take him, please!

The way he's played for the Habs this year, last night being the exception, I thought his allegiations were still with the Bruins.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post

The way he's played for the Habs this year, last night being the exception, I thought his allegiations were still with the Bruins.

reminds me of the feelings toward Bonk last season . Now i bet the vast majority would hope we resign him to a 3 year deal myself included.

It is not how you start that is important .It is how you finish and if he lights it up from now till the end of the year all is well. He really hasnt been playing bad the last 5 games just couldnt get the old monkey of his back , well until last night .

The habs were winning with Sammy and the 2nd struggling . Just imagine how much more effective were goona be if we get Sammy and the 2nd line gets white hot like they were last night . It was only a matter of time , and really it's all about the playoffs anyways.Thats the time to shine . Just's roll this bus to the first round and lets see what happens .

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 09:49 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post

reminds me of the feelings toward Bonk last season . Now i bet the vast majority would hope we resign him to a 3 year deal myself included.

It is not how you start that is important .It is how you finish and if he lights it up from now till the end of the year all is well. He really hasnt been playing bad the last 5 games just couldnt get the old monkey of his back , well until last night .

The habs were winning with Sammy and the 2nd struggling . Just imagine how much more effective were goona be if we get Sammy and the 2nd line gets white hot like they were last night . It was only a matter of time , and really it's all about the playoffs anyways.Thats the time to shine . Just's roll this bus to the first round and lets see what happens .
I'm worried to be honest. This team wins because of it's exceptional special teams, but how long can we rely on them? We take far too many stupid and lazy penalties, and I feel until we are more disciplined and play better 5-5 and get that 2nd line going, we may get into a bit of trouble if the special teams go into a slump, which will probably happen at some point. Right now, only the 3rd line, Komi and Markov are playing well at even strenght and that is disconcerting to say the least.

Old
12-13-2006, 09:58 AM
StanleyCH25

It's hard to say how good or bad we are playing at 5 on 5 when we spend a good portion of the game on the penalty kill and/or powerplay. We're one of the top 10 penalized teams in the league (I think we were sitting at 3rd most penalties per game last time I checked). I honestly think that when we stop taking so many penalties that our 5 on 5 will improve as players won't be as tired from having to kill so many penalties.

StanleyCH25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by patp77 View Post
It's hard to say how good or bad we are playing at 5 on 5 when we spend a good portion of the game on the penalty kill and/or powerplay. We're one of the top 10 penalized teams in the league (I think we were sitting at 3rd most penalties per game last time I checked). I honestly think that when we stop taking so many penalties that our 5 on 5 will improve as players won't be as tired from having to kill so many penalties.
I guess the key is more discipline and working harder. Then we'll know. I think the 3rd line would probably contribute more offensively if they weren't killing so many dumb penalties.

Old
12-13-2006, 10:10 AM
canadian_man_44

Last nights game against the Bruins wasn't too bad for penalties except for the four minute penalty. I thought the Habs played a good game staying out of the box for the most part. All in all it was a very entertaining game with fast play both ways and both goalies playing well.

canadian_man_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 10:14 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
I'm worried to be honest. This team wins because of it's exceptional special teams, but how long can we rely on them? We take far too many stupid and lazy penalties, and I feel until we are more disciplined and play better 5-5 and get that 2nd line going, we may get into a bit of trouble if the special teams go into a slump, which will probably happen at some point. Right now, only the 3rd line, Komi and Markov are playing well at even strenght and that is disconcerting to say the least.
I don't want to sound overly cheerleading but with Jarvis, Carbo and Muller behind the bench, I don't think our special teams' success is an accident and am not worried they can keep on top of things and avoid prolonged slumps for the remainder of the season.

Even then, I think we've been playing our best 5-on-5 hockey of the year in the last 5 games. We've really tighten up defensively, our defense - offense transition has improved by leaps and bounds and the forecheck really seems more consistent. Not saying it's perfect, but if we keep playing like this, we should be all right. Especially if Huet can shake this mini slump he's in and get back to top form.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 10:24 AM
Kostitsyn404*

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post

Agreed. Bonk should get a 2-4 year deal for sure. My sentiments towards bonk were the same as everybody else at the beginning of the season, but now I wouldn't want to trade him ever.

Old
PurpleShamrock

Quote:

Yeah, I hear he's had a rough time of it up there. Believe me, I understand your frustration. My take on Samsonov? He's a great hockey player from the neck on down. Samsonov has great speed and balance, can turn on a dime, and can stickhandle in a phone booth. But he doesn't seem to have the hockey sense or the on-ice vision to complement his considerable physical tools, and he doesn't make optimal use of his linemates as a result. Unfortunately, this leads to a lot of flashy forays into the offensive zone which ultimately lead to nothing. If he had played more often like he did last night while he was with the Bruins, they probably wouldn't have given him away to the Oilers for next to nothing -- but then, with Mike O'Connell at the helm, I can't rule anything out entirely.

PurpleShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SOLR

How about Lats goal, this kid is gonna be dangerous with this big body + soft hands. Finally Samsonov gives us something!! Great game, bruins didnt play bad either.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 10:26 AM
Kostitsyn404*

Does anybody agree with me, that if you watch the game carefully, Chara was more responsible for his teams losing then he was a benefit?

2 goals I think were clearly Chara's mistake.

1 goal he screened Abby tho, and that was a + for Chara.

(Let's face it, Chara's screening you, you really can't see much)

Old
12-13-2006, 10:47 AM
JackieChan

I was at the Bell Centre yesterday, and I'll be in Boston on the 23rd for the next Habs-Bruins game. Needless to say I was extra-glad we won the first, that way I'll still have something to brag about in Boston even if we drop that one

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 10:56 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn404 View Post
Does anybody agree with me, that if you watch the game carefully, Chara was more responsible for his teams losing then he was a benefit?

2 goals I think were clearly Chara's mistake.
Reminds me alot of Kovalev latelly!!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:13 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Reminds me alot of Kovalev latelly!!
Kovalev was even. Directly responsible for our first goal, and directly responsible for the second goal against.

12-13-2006, 12:17 PM
GSK*

And the first goal was becoming from wich passing dude ?

Oh Kovalev.

Alexei Kovalev: +1 1assist and 1 shot of net (He have 1 shot atleast in 30 games of the Habs this year)

If Plekanec stop struggle on scoring chance that Kovalev gve to him, Alexei will be a 30pts

Stats Kovalev: 7-14-21 in 30GP (7 regular time post + 2 in shootout) add to that the 10 scoring chances miss by Plekanec....

Stop blame Kovalev, its becoming very boring..

I'm the only one who find Kovalev good ? Every time we play, the other teams focused on Kovalev.... Not Koivu or Ryder or Latendresse or Plekanec... They're always 2 on him try to slow him down.

Aight!

Anyway, he's Russian, he's not PPG, so MTL fans would bash on him...

Its sure I mean, Francis Bouillon, Guillaume Latendresse, Mathieu Dandenault, Steve Begin and Maxim Lapierre are the best players on the teams, they never miss a play or a shift, they never made mistake result in a goal... NEVER tssssssssss

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 01:01 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH Iggins View Post
Every time we play, the other teams focused on Kovalev.... Not Koivu or Ryder or Latendresse or Plekanec... They're always 2 on him try to slow him down.
I like Kovalev, but opponents put their checking lines against Koivu. Or if they're confident in their first line as a defensively-conscious line, they go power versus power and match that up against Koivu.

Kovalev gets double-teamed because he holds on to the puck too long and sits between the defenseman and the LWer on the opposition. So both players converge on him. Sometimes they force a turnover, sometimes Kovalev flips the puck to an open man down low or more likely to the open man at the point.

But Kovalev has not been all that good in winning battles along the boards this year. Almost as bad as Samsonov, really.

When that second line engages in a board-battle, the likelyhood is that they'll lose it unless Plekanec's in there.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 01:47 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
I like Kovalev, but opponents put their checking lines against Koivu. Or if they're confident in their first line as a defensively-conscious line, they go power versus power and match that up against Koivu.

Kovalev gets double-teamed because he holds on to the puck too long and sits between the defenseman and the LWer on the opposition. So both players converge on him. Sometimes they force a turnover, sometimes Kovalev flips the puck to an open man down low or more likely to the open man at the point.

But Kovalev has not been all that good in winning battles along the boards this year. Almost as bad as Samsonov, really.

When that second line engages in a board-battle, the likelyhood is that they'll lose it unless Plekanec's in there.
I agree,Kovy got to find some new moves, that play along the boards didn't work in a long time and teams did their homework on Kovy. Stop Kovy and the 2nd line won't produce. When they manage to cycle it always break down when the 2nd or 3rd man get the puck. Kovy will have to work deeper or drive to net and Sammy must play like he did last night if they want to produce and get scoring chances.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Mad Habber

Markov scored the first goal in spite of Kovalev's pass.

I give Kovalev credit for finding him, but not for making a good pass. Markov caught that in the air. Bounced of the shaft of his stick and skate before he settled the puck and put it in.

No Kovalev did not look very good last night. Some nights are like that. Maybe throwing him on the Koivu line for a while would be a good change for him.

The second line looked good last night, again in spite of Kovalev. So it was the other two doing the damage. A little more luck and they could have blown the game wide open.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 02:50 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Habber View Post
Markov scored the first goal in spite of Kovalev's pass.

I give Kovalev credit for finding him, but not for making a good pass. Markov caught that in the air. Bounced of the shaft of his stick and skate before he settled the puck and put it in.
You're neglecting to mention the fact that Kovalev flipped the puck over a sprawling Bruin defenseman. Had Kovalev not been as talented as he is, that pass goes into a Bruin defenseman who's lying on the ice, and he lies on it until the play is dead.

It was a terrific play by both Kovalev and Markov.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 03:58 PM
Habbadasher

Purpleshamrock thx for dropping in, seems like your team is getting their game together, good luck to you.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 03:58 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleShamrock View Post
Hope you don't mind another Bruins fan weighing in. While the result of last night's game wasn't what I would've liked, I must admit that the game was fast-paced and entertaining. Still, I miss some of the personal rivalries from the old days (Neely/McPhee, Miller/Kordic et. al.), and there doesn't seem to anything comparable today as far as I can see.
Yeah I miss'em too. Plus, the couple guys that I loved to hate in more recent playoffs are pretty much all gone : Thornton, Lapointe, Guerin, McLaren,... What we need is a series against one another, so we can learn to hate Chara and Savard and you can get to hate Koivu, Komi and our bunch all over again; that is of course if you can finally get IN the playoffs

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote