HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fast Sent Down

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-29-2013, 01:47 PM
  #26
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,521
vCash: 500
With Hagelin getting back it was a numbers game and someone had to go down. Krieder and Miller have looked really good so far so until the Rangers are going to waive Pouliot and Zuccarello, the guys who can be optioned, will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theFiGS View Post
I suggested a full rebuild with all the kids up mixed with Callahan Hagelin stepan Richards Nash and I got slammed but I don't get what people on this board want. We play the kids they'll finish with a top pick we play with these vets we get a top pick either way. I wanna see kreider miller fast lindberg kristo up now and trade away the spare parts we have for picks
Things keep going the same direction and it'll happen.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 01:51 PM
  #27
Crazed Beaver
Registered User
 
Crazed Beaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Swamp
Country: United States
Posts: 740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theFiGS View Post
I suggested a full rebuild with all the kids up mixed with Callahan Hagelin stepan Richards Nash and I got slammed but I don't get what people on this board want. We play the kids they'll finish with a top pick we play with these vets we get a top pick either way. I wanna see kreider miller fast lindberg kristo up now and trade away the spare parts we have for picks
Purely from a selfish standpoint i'd love to see them all up now as well but I guess im not the typical fan. Considering how many minutes pyatt gets and even power play time im at a loss to even attempt to understand the current line of thinking so if thats the solution then we have no shot. I can get behind a soft team that is icing a bunch of kids because players grow into their roles and need to develop. What I have a problem with is veteran players unwilling to take the body and lacking the ability to finish filling top six roles. Its hard to make a mark offensively with boyle, pyatt etc as linemates yet our kids are somehow susposed to produce with these guys in order to earn more playing time. Kreider was the best ranger on the ice last night which was possible only because he was getting top line minutes. I dont care what anyone says, kreider has arrived. He always had the skill he needed opportunity and patience and finally he is flashing consistent. Playing miller at center is another step in the right direction. Id like to see Pou-miller-fast for third line.

Simply put we're ****ed because our kids arent quite ready and their replacements are in over their heads. I think the rangers are a legit contender for the cup when healthy. Like you, I take a lot of enjoyment watching the kids and given the current situation it couldnt be worse. I dont need the rangers to win to enjoy the season given the fact i really like the crop of kids, I just dont like watching the jags treading water. Their were many of these same posters on this board saying kreider should be in the AHL and their was merit to that view but the kid is here to stay and why not show some of the same faith in some of the other kids? Im not sure i want gernander developing them anyway, most of them are 21/22/23 its not like they are eighteen year olds.If we wont play them now we never will. How much more water do we need to take on before we head for shore?


Last edited by Crazed Beaver: 10-29-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Crazed Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 02:07 PM
  #28
theFiGS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thugice View Post
Purely from a selfish standpoint i'd love to see them all up now as well but I guess im not the typical fan. Considering how many minutes pyatt gets and even power play time im at a loss to even attempt to understand the current line of thinking so if thats the solution then we have no shot. I can get behind a soft team that is icing a bunch of kids because players grow into their roles and need to develop. What I have a problem with is veteran players unwilling to take the body and lacking the ability to finish filling top six roles. Its hard to make a mark offensively with boyle, pyatt etc as linemates yet our kids are somehow susposed to produce with these guys in order to earn more playing time. Kreider was the best ranger on the ice last night which was possible only because he was getting top line minutes. I dont care what anyone says, kreider has arrived. He always had the skill he needed opportunity and patience and finally he is flashing consistent. Playing miller at center is another step in the right direction. Id like to see Pou-miller-fast for third line.

Simply put we're ****ed because our kids arent quite ready and their replacements are in over their heads. I think the rangers are a legit contender for the cup when healthy. Like you, I take a lot of enjoyment watching the kids and given the current situation it couldnt be worse. I dont need the rangers to win to enjoy the season given the fact i really like the crop of kids, I just dont like watching the jags treading water. Their were many of these same posters on this board saying kreider should be in the AHL and their was merit to that view but the kid is here to stay and why not show some of the same faith in some of the other kids? Im not sure i want gernander developing them anyway, most of them are 21/22/23 its not like they are eighteen year olds.If we wont play them now we never will. How much more water do we need to take on before we head for shore?
Exactly, thank you for this post. I enjoy the rangers and I'm as competitive as they come I want to see my team win as bad as the next guy BUT it is entertainment and right now seeing guys like pouliot pyatt dorsett etc. is not entertaining.. I believe no matter what approach the rangers take we are headed for a top pick so why not give the kids minutes? I think having kreider start in the ahl was very good for him but now he needs to stay up with the big boys . Fast should still be up but he'll be back there's no way a team can feel pyatt is a better option than some of the young guys. At the end of the day it's about winning a cup but if we aren't gunna win this year or next ENTERTAIN ME.

theFiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 02:15 PM
  #29
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,430
vCash: 500
pleased that hes been sent down to the AHL. for us to improve in the long term, Fast needs to become a difference maker offensively. His defensive work is fine, especially for a young player, but 1st line minutes in Hartford is a must for him to develop the confidence in NA hockey to make plays and finish plays.

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 02:38 PM
  #30
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
So you mean apples is code for slow? I agree if so.
Pyatt is a bottom 6 player. Those are supposed to be not very quick. If you want Pyatt out, get someone to replace him. JF is not bottom 6 guy by projection.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 02:46 PM
  #31
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Pyatt is a bottom 6 player. Those are supposed to be not very quick. If you want Pyatt out, get someone to replace him. JF is not bottom 6 guy by projection.

how about Andrew Yogan
... Yogan must suck if he couldnt replace Pyatt

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 03:22 PM
  #32
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs
 
mrjimmyg89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Pyatt is a bottom 6 player. Those are supposed to be not very quick. If you want Pyatt out, get someone to replace him. JF is not bottom 6 guy by projection.
Not all bottom 6 guys are slow. Look at Dorsett. Guy can skate. Dom Moore can skate. Being bottom 6 does not mean plug. Chimera is great in the bottom 6. He is lightning quick. Contrary, guys like Cory Perry, Joe Thornton, and such are slower, but are top line players by skill. Speed does not equate lineup placement

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 03:50 PM
  #33
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 500
Fast had a nice cup of coffee in the NHL.

Now he can get some better minutes in the AHL and progress they way he should have if this team was fully healthy.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 03:53 PM
  #34
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,513
vCash: 500
Oh Pyatt, cant send him down. He'll clear waivers and we're gonna have to pay him 1.55 mill in Hartford. Buyout only option, he's a UFA anyway.

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 03:56 PM
  #35
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 73,450
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Shouldn't have been up in the first place. This is good for him.
Exactly. And with that said, he showed he can handle the NHL. Which is a good thing for us as he develops.

The OP is fairly ludicrous. Disappointing? Not in the least. Encouraging if anything.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 04:13 PM
  #36
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 8,264
vCash: 500
lets just be honest, we dont have any really good young forwards right now that are nhl ready

we have young forwards. and we might even have some ok young forwards. we do have some good forwards, but they arent really young.

but we really dont have any really good young forwards. look around the league, theres a lot of them. just not on our team.

we do have the market cornered on average non young forwards though

im thinkin its time to point the finger at our top notch draft braintrust.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 04:25 PM
  #37
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 73,450
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
lets just be honest, we dont have any really good young forwards right now that are nhl ready

we have young forwards. and we might even have some ok young forwards. we do have some good forwards, but they arent really young.

but we really dont have any really good young forwards. look around the league, theres a lot of them. just not on our team.

we do have the market cornered on average non young forwards though

im thinkin its time to point the finger at our top notch draft braintrust.
Are you counting players currently in the NHL? Because Kreider sure as **** looks NHL ready lately.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 04:31 PM
  #38
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,577
vCash: 500
Kreider looks like he finally may be getting it and looking at him on our bench he looks like a ****ing beast about twice as wide as some of our other players.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 04:36 PM
  #39
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Exactly. And with that said, he showed he can handle the NHL. Which is a good thing for us as he develops.

The OP is fairly ludicrous. Disappointing? Not in the least. Encouraging if anything.
He had 0 points in 8 games, and was a -5. I wouldn't say he showed he can handle the NHL.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 04:54 PM
  #40
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 8,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Are you counting players currently in the NHL? Because Kreider sure as **** looks NHL ready lately.
a solid skater for sure. great build and frame. but his hands look more like lobster claws and his hockey smarts, so far, have played hide and seek. he has the tools and room to improve with experience. no doubt.

ill give you hes our best one but that illustrates my concern.

we havent got anyone who might light it up other than maybe a very raw buchnevich.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 06:05 PM
  #41
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 73,450
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
He had 0 points in 8 games, and was a -5. I wouldn't say he showed he can handle the NHL.
I think he did. He didn't look out of place. Looked quite well defensively, even. He's certainly a NHLer. Just depends on whether he can be a top 6 player or a bottom 6 player.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 06:11 PM
  #42
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 8,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I think he did. He didn't look out of place. Looked quite well defensively, even. He's certainly a NHLer. Just depends on whether he can be a top 6 player or a bottom 6 player.
and see thats the rub. no matter what we do, we always seem to develop those 3rd line type guys.

at this point, kreider hasnt shown anything at the nhl level other than speed and hustle cause his scoring results so far have been woeful.

drafting i tell ya.... its the drafting

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 06:15 PM
  #43
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,419
vCash: 500
Awards:
I know it's HF and we all have a hardon for prospects, but throwing kids into the fire when they're not ready for it isn't great way to develop them. I get the whole "we might as well suck with kids instead of Pyatt" thing, but it's not necessarily good for them.

I was fine with Kreider coming back up because he looked good in the AHL, and like he was ready for the next step. Kristo doesn't look ready to me. Lindberg isn't ready. Fast isn't ready. Hell, I don't think Miller is ready, personally. Physically yes, mentally no. I think he should be back down.

When you think of an education, there are steps on the road to college. You don't go from grade school or middle school to acing 400 level college classes. It's a process, and you have to learn and develop along the way. Sure, there are the odd geniuses that can skip around, but it doesn't work that way for most. You throw your average 16 year old into a senior level class and they're overwhelmed. They may pick it up eventually or they may sink completely. Probably the latter. Developing hockey players is the same ****ing thing. You can push a select few, but the majority you need to wait on, let them learn, and graduate them when they're ready. I don't think anyone outside of Kreider is ready.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 06:19 PM
  #44
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
He had 0 points in 8 games, and was a -5. I wouldn't say he showed he can handle the NHL.
i dont think he looked out of place, but he clearly isnt at a point yet where hes a good NHLer. the +/- thing doesnt mean much when every player on the team has a horrible +/-

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 06:27 PM
  #45
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 8,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I know it's HF and we all have a hardon for prospects, but throwing kids into the fire when they're not ready for it isn't great way to develop them. I get the whole "we might as well suck with kids instead of Pyatt" thing, but it's not necessarily good for them.

I was fine with Kreider coming back up because he looked good in the AHL, and like he was ready for the next step. Kristo doesn't look ready to me. Lindberg isn't ready. Fast isn't ready. Hell, I don't think Miller is ready, personally. Physically yes, mentally no. I think he should be back down.

When you think of an education, there are steps on the road to college. You don't go from grade school or middle school to acing 400 level college classes. It's a process, and you have to learn and develop along the way. Sure, there are the odd geniuses that can skip around, but it doesn't work that way for most. You throw your average 16 year old into a senior level class and they're overwhelmed. They may pick it up eventually or they may sink completely. Probably the latter. Developing hockey players is the same ****ing thing. You can push a select few, but the majority you need to wait on, let them learn, and graduate them when they're ready. I don't think anyone outside of Kreider is ready.
fair enough. kids take time. playing them too soon hurts them but.....

i have yet to see those kids we develop "graduate" and help us out on the score sheet. i see young players become solid nhl'ers but not one bluechipper kid or even higher draft choice turns into a stud.

it seems we draft on potential and frequently reach. then they dont develop in the A like we thought and are moved out via trade to wither and die in a different organization.

i havent the time now to highlight those recent names but we know who they are.

seems some of our best "drafting" recently has been "stealing" another teams pick via trade and then having them become our best young player(s).

whats that say about our drafting ?

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 06:46 PM
  #46
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,419
vCash: 500
Awards:
I agree that the failure to draft a legitimate top six talent is a problem. That's a separate discussion though. I think your point is more of an "and" addition to what I said rather than a "but."

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 07:10 PM
  #47
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 31,215
vCash: 500
Good. Now he can work on his game in the A.

I liked what I saw from him.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 08:33 PM
  #48
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,519
vCash: 500
Was hoping for more offense out of him, but he never really looked out of place. He just didn't produce. Not much more you can expect from a kid his age. Going down should definitely be good for him.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.