HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/12 - Kings vs Guppies @ Staples Center

Old
12-13-2006, 12:21 AM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

vCash: 500
Let me get this straight - all we have to do is get the Kings transferred to a different division and they are Cup contenders?

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:24 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
Let me get this straight - all we have to do is get the Kings transferred to a different division and they are Cup contenders?
Yep...exactly what I said...

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:24 AM
Riposte!

Quote:
Exactly. Send us to the Central, and we could even with the division. Now we need a host city, hopefully somewhere small, and that doesn't have many hockey fans; that way, nobody will know our plan.

*gets out map*

I'm going with Coffeyville, Kansas. Perfect.

Riposte! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:27 AM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Here's another rhetorical question: What is the point of having "character" veterans playing instead of rookies if all they seem to be teaching is how to lose?

Old
12-13-2006, 12:28 AM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riposte! View Post
Exactly. Send us to the Central, and we could even with the division. Now we need a host city, hopefully somewhere small, and that doesn't have many hockey fans; that way, nobody will know our plan.

*gets out map*

I'm going with Coffeyville, Kansas. Perfect.
AEG is building an NHL arena in Kansas City....

Old
12-13-2006, 12:39 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
The Sharks defense was superb, as it normally is. They shut the Kings down on many of their chances...however, the fact remains that the Kings carried the play for the majority of the game.
That's what often happens when a team is behind, especially by two or more goals. They press, especially as desperation sets in, and the other team sits back a bit. If you want a little proof, a quick check of league-wide stats shows that the four teams with the worst winning percentage when out-shooting their opponents are Philadelphia, St. Louis, L.A. and Florida. It's not a coincidence that those are all bottom-feeder teams. Philadelphia, L.A. and Florida are even tied for the most losses (11) when out-shooting the opponent. The conclusion is that teams that lose a lot, out-shoot their opposition a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25
The Sharks goals were mainly due to bad breaks and unfortunate circumstances.
One was (the first Sharks goal), but so was the Kings' only goal. They pretty much cancel each other out, IMO.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:41 AM
RightKinger

Positives - Kopitar got an assist, Cloutier played ok.

Negatives - Sean Avery looked like the old Avery tonight. A. Fro looked like the old Frolov tonight. Blake, Miller, and Norstrom have all lost a step in their games and it shows. All three of them sucked tonight and all three of them got beat several times. Willsie, Thornton and Murray are all absolutely worthless. The PP is improved from last year but thats because it mostly involves the young guys. The PK is as bad as its ever been. The veterans are costing this team. Should the Kings take the same route the Ducks did last season and trade away a few vets before the trade deadline?

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:45 AM
Riposte!

I thought Marty Murray had a good game. He was all over the puck.

Riposte! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:52 AM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riposte! View Post
I thought Marty Murray had a good game. He was all over the puck.
Agreed.... For his limited role I think he did not play great but had a decent game. He made several nice steals or moves, and had a few mistakes. Atleast Cloutier did not play like absolute @#$%. Sucks even more watching the team show up, only to be let down by the goalie. I agree with the poster who said follow Ducks example, and trade several of the veterans. You do not need more mentors then youth players

AnThGrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:58 AM
rsaturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftKinger View Post

Negatives - Blake, Miller, and Norstrom have all lost a step in their games and it shows. All three of them sucked tonight and all three of them got beat several times. The veterans are costing this team. Should the Kings take the same route the Ducks did last season and trade away a few vets before the trade deadline?
Love ya Matty, but it is time to GO. It is painfully obvious that the Kings need to dump Norstrom, Miller, Conroy, Thornton, Willsie, Blake (if AEG doesnt stop DL, and if anyone wants him). I just hope DL can convince the powers of AEG to let him rebuild the right way instead of taking this "half-way stay competitive try not to lose too much attendance" approach.

I haven't been to a game all year because it seems like they are trying to pass this team off as a decent NHL team when it really should be the start of a rebuild. I would much rather go watch a team of up and coming players in a full rebuild than over the hill veterans on retirement contracts.

rsaturday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 01:04 AM
wicker

The losses don't sting as much when you've pretty much realized that this team is not meant to go far this season. It sucks, yeah, but when the core revolves around the kids (who're still learning), and the "veterans" are not not doing much to help, you can't expect to win much too often.

One more thing: how many more losses before we're statistically out of the playoffs? I know it's still early, but...

wicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 01:12 AM
Kingswin

i was at the game tonight.. Kings weren't doing anything creative.. I noticed that Blake took a lot of boring shots..8 to be exact..only two of them were any good... It really slowed down the game, killing the puck like that... Cloutier played a good game.. the rest of the team was kind of boring..Harrold is looking good... 230 dollars gone

Kingswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 01:18 AM
rsaturday

Quote:

The two jokers between periods are almost unbelievably terrible....
There is a big difference between the professional work of Bob and Jim and the clowns that are O'Neal and Murray. Ever notice when they interview players, they are calling them "cammy, connie, Fro, Blakey" etc? They act like they are star struck fans or trying to be buddy buddy with the players. They sound like two wannabes. Jim and Bob are the real deal, professional broadcasters and legitimate NHL media.

I liked the post in another thread about the quality of hockey coverage. O'Neal and Murray are awful, and they add nothing to the broadcasts. I miss the old Prime Ticket days with Nick Nickson doing the interviews, and all of the features they ran during the broadcasts. The games were so much more fun to watch.

rsaturday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 01:34 AM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicker View Post
The losses don't sting as much when you've pretty much realized that this team is not meant to go far this season. It sucks, yeah, but when the core revolves around the kids (who're still learning), and the "veterans" are not not doing much to help, you can't expect to win much too often.
I'm not trying to pick on you specifically, but at what point do we stop pretending that this team is really a bunch of kids? Realistically, this team only has 4 kids on the roster that are expected to do anything - and it's not like 3 of the 4 are that inexperienced. They are:

Frolov - in his 4th NHL season - played in 256 NHL games
Cammalleri - in his 4th NHL season - played in 170 NHL games
Brown - in his 3rd NHL season - played in 140 NHL games
and Kopitar is a 1st year rookie.

...and add to that the additional year of development of the lockout year.

Compare that to the Ducks with Penner, Getzlaf, Perry, O'Brien, and Shannon -all in their rookie or sophomore season and all with less than 90 NHL games. Throw in Moen who is about the same age as Frolov but with 153 total NHL games and suddenly the Kings don't look all that young.

Old
12-13-2006, 10:40 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Seriously, trade all the guys over 27. Even Lubo. Blow this team up. I mean if we're going to continue to suck this bad, why not suck with all kids playing? Screw this half assed rebuild. What's the point? AEG is so concerned about losing ticket sales, well HELLO, have you seen teh inside of Staples lately? Maybe the kids start winning and really gel as a team, god, that'd be too much huh?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 10:47 AM
no name

Peter Harrold is a kid that you would expect to stay up so we can count him too. Other than that, the Kings is not young. I would say it is supremely untalented.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 11:56 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Peter Harrold is a kid that you would expect to stay up so we can count him too. Other than that, the Kings is not young. I would say it is supremely untalented.
I think Harold will be sent back to Manchester when Sopel or Tvo are ready to return to the line-up. No waivers involved with the transaction...

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:13 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post
I think Harold will be sent back to Manchester when Sopel or Tvo are ready to return to the line-up. No waivers involved with the transaction...
Waivers could be a good thing with a few of our defenders.... What I mean is if they get picked up who cares

AnThGrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 12:59 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt View Post
What I mean is if they get picked up who cares
There isn't much (read nothing NHL caliber) available for defensemen in Manchester once you get past Harrold....

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Renato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Seriously, trade all the guys over 27. Even Lubo. Blow this team up. I mean if we're going to continue to suck this bad, why not suck with all kids playing? Screw this half assed rebuild. What's the point? AEG is so concerned about losing ticket sales, well HELLO, have you seen teh inside of Staples lately? Maybe the kids start winning and really gel as a team, god, that'd be too much huh?
I said the same exact thing at the beginning of the season. I mean we all knew that we would end up in the lower quarter of the league.The thing i find the most annoying is when Crawford contributes a loss to the so called fact that the so called kids arent experienced enough!! What kids !!?? You mean Kopitar and Harrold ? There are only two rookies on the entire roster. And then the managment says that this is a rebuilding year- at this rate we will be rebuilding the team for the next 10 years. And the overpaid vets who were supposed to mentor the kids - what are they doing ? They are teaching the kids how to collect fat paychecks while not doing anything to help the team. I say dump anyone above the age of 27(except Lubo)as Reaper45 said . Bring up the kids , trade for young prospects , lets make more cap space so we can bring in someone like Ilya Kovalchuk or Lecavalier. Once the average age in the team is around 23to 25 years , then we can start talking about a rebuild. With the overpaid vets and mediocre forwards we aint getting nowhere fast.

Renato is offline   Reply With Quote