HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Sports aka Denver Broncos Thread XVI

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2013, 03:03 PM
Bonzai12

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Quote:
Originally Posted by famicommander View Post
Hillman has run well this year and they spent a third rounder on him; they're not going to give up on him. They're sitting him to send a message but I'd be willing to bet he gets back into some games this year.

He can't keep fumbling but at the same time, Ball has had some fumbles this year and Moreno has had fumbling issues in his career as well.
Do you think Hillman is better than CJ Anderson though? I would pin my hopes on Anderson 7 times out of ten. I think Hillman's lost his chances. I just don't see what the guy brings to the table. He hasn't broken off any serious long runs. I dunno maybe I'm missing something on him, but honestly I can't tell the difference between Hillman and Holliday, and Holliday at least has other use.

Old
10-28-2013, 03:08 PM
Bonzai12

Quote:
1B: Cuddyer
2B: DJ LeMahieu
3B: Nolan Arenado
SS: Troy Tulowitzki/Josh Rutledge for Tulo's customary DL stint
LF: Carlos Gonzalez
CF: Dexter Fowler
RF: free agent
C: Wilin Rosario/Yorvit Torrealba

This is close to being a winning team, in spite of Dan O'Dowd and the Monforts' best efforts.
Your post was dead on here. I keep looking at that lineup and thinking we should be at least close to .500 and then they disappoint every year.

Luckily 1B/OF are probably the two easiest places to find help. They could take any old vet and stick them in there. Bullpen's also pretty easy to acquire, and a fifth starter might take some dough but finally this team should come around.

Helton's salary was an albatross around this team's neck for the past 3-4 years. We should finally be able to recoup some depth with his money gone, although honestly they're still going to be paying his contract for some ungodly 20 years or something. How O'Dowd signed that deal and is still around, I don't get that one either. The Rockies pride themselves about being smart, precise, and calculated and then they hamstring the team with that one. Weird.

Old
10-28-2013, 03:10 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Your post was dead on here. I keep looking at that lineup and thinking we should be at least close to .500 and then they disappoint every year.

Luckily 1B/OF are probably the two easiest places to find help. They could take any old vet and stick them in there. Bullpen's also pretty easy to acquire, and a fifth starter might take some dough but finally this team should come around.

Helton's salary was an albatross around this team's neck for the past 3-4 years. We should finally be able to recoup some depth with his money gone, although honestly they're still going to be paying his contract for some ungodly 20 years or something. How O'Dowd signed that deal and is still around, I don't get that one either. The Rockies pride themselves about being smart, precise, and calculated and then they hamstring the team with that one. Weird.
What was Helton's contract again?

Take me to church, I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies. I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife.
Old
10-28-2013, 03:57 PM
hockeyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
What was Helton's contract again?
The last three years, not all that much. 10.6 million in 2011, 4.9 million in 2012, 5 million in 2013. And it's about 1.6 million each year until 2023 in deferred payments. Not exactly the albatross people think.

Old
10-28-2013, 07:15 PM
Bonzai12

When did sportscasting turn into washed up retired NFL players laughing, tackling, shouting and talking over each other?

I honestly can't even watch a pre-game show any more.

Old
10-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

45 min to NFL trade deadline, some rumors afoot that the Broncos might pursue Jared Allen

Edit - Nevermind, Schefter just said Broncos were out...

Last edited by Avs For Life: 10-29-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old
10-29-2013, 02:26 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 0
Ah, the NFL trade deadline zZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZ

Old
10-29-2013, 02:39 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
Ah, the NFL trade deadline zZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZ
Right? For the first time I started to get excited and as soon as I did...it all came crashing down.

Old
10-29-2013, 03:12 PM
famicommander

Nuggets season tomorrow!

With the Broncos on bye, the World Series almost over, and the Avs having irritating gaps in the schedule this is the perfect time.

Soon the Mammoth and CSU basketball will be starting. I love the late fall/winter period, there's so much going on in the sports world.

Old
10-29-2013, 03:27 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Nuggets season tomorrow!

With the Broncos on bye, the World Series almost over, and the Avs having irritating gaps in the schedule this is the perfect time.

Soon the Mammoth and CSU basketball will be starting. I love the late fall/winter period, there's so much going on in the sports world.
Gross! Does anyone actually give a crap about the NBA? What is fun about watching the same super teams win every year? Whats fun about having the superstars all team up on the same team? What is fun about watching the refs/Stern rig every season?

I could care less about the snoozefest they call the NBA.

Old
10-29-2013, 03:38 PM
Bonzai12

I don't know if I like MLB or NBA less. Both of them just scream big market with no chance for the little guys. It makes both sports very uninteresting to me.

Old
10-29-2013, 03:57 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
I don't know if I like MLB or NBA less. Both of them just scream big market with no chance for the little guys. It makes both sports very uninteresting to me.
I hate them both. NBA is flop central with Superstars completely running the show.

MLB is a no cap joke and on top of that the owners of the Rockies dont care about winning so I cant support them...

I am a two team man. Avs 1st, Broncos 2nd

Old
10-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Bonzai12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
I hate them both. NBA is flop central with Superstars completely running the show.

MLB is a no cap joke and on top of that the owners of the Rockies dont care about winning so I cant support them...

I am a two team man. Avs 1st, Broncos 2nd
Agree with you totally on the NBA. That's the reason I hate it too.

In MLB, I hate the no cap as well.

But the ultimate reason I can't stand either sport is that the players seem to be as big as corporations in both sports. In MLB A-Rod can't be touched because of his giant legal team apparently, and in the NBA $20M contracts were thrown around like candy for the longest time because there's simply less players.

I guess honestly though, when the NFL does actually institute a real drug system (if it ever happens), demand will go down there too. The NFL management is completely in defensive mode about everything it seems like - minimizing liability, risk, and protecting the privacy of players but also shielding itself from any publicity at the same time. The less amount of information about the players released to the press is a win-win for both the player and the league.

Old
10-29-2013, 07:08 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 125
I prefer the game of baseball and the Rockies over basketball and the Nuggets but the MLB is the worst league by far. I can't even watch the World Series, I get zero out of it. College football is getting up there though for me, it's just as bad. I couldn't care less about all those big name schools playing. At least the NCAA does something right with the basketball tourney, that's actually fun to follow and I have zero interest or knowledge in college basketball.

I'm glad the Nuggets are starting and I consider myself a fan of the 4 local pro teams. I just have no basis for any expectations with the Nuggets. With the Avs I knew the changes were going to be good, the Nuggets no clue. And yeah, it doesn't help they don't have a star because they'll never get the favorable calls.

Old
10-29-2013, 07:34 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Wow, Arenado wins the gold glove! First rookie to get it since 1957.

Old
10-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigervixxen View Post
Wow, Arenado wins the gold glove! First rookie to get it since 1957.
Yea I'm pretty happy about it. I hope his bat comes along next season.

Old
10-29-2013, 07:52 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

CarGo wins too but Tulo only a finalist. I'm happy they got recognized. It's nice to have a little star power on a sad franchise.

Old
10-29-2013, 07:58 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 0
Well deserved for Arenado, don't know how CarGo won but good for him.

Old
10-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Good on Arenado and CarGo. Bit surprised CarGo won and Tulo lost. Would have thought it would be the other way around.

Hopefully Tulo will take it as a slight and he'll work harder to stay healthy.

Old
10-29-2013, 09:44 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Tulo played 126 games. His injury criticisms are overblown. CarGo's hand issues are more of a concern IMO.

Old
10-29-2013, 10:29 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Agreed. But with voting stuff like this it matters, baseball writers can be so fickle.

Old
10-29-2013, 11:40 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

They actually had to add weight 25% of the GG vote to actual stats. I found that hilarious. They finally figured out that these awards were way too biased. I think the managers voted on this one, not writers. Arenado would have never won if it hadn't included the statistical help.

Old
10-30-2013, 08:33 AM
Bonzai12

Arenado deserved that GG. Anyone that says he doesn't just wasn't watching Colorado. Most people in the press just don't even know who he is probably. Awesome that he won.

I'm shocked that Darwin Barney didn't win one. shocked.

Old
10-30-2013, 02:24 PM
Bonzai12

On that NBA thing, read the story about Chris and J.R. Smith with the Knicks and it's a complete summary of why I hate the NBA.

Knicks offer JR the max amount they can, and then keep Chris Smith (his brother) on the roster. Chris Smith blabs out that family ties definitely help him, and the Smiths along with Carmelo are all under the same agency. There's a conspiracy theory out there that Chris was only kept because it was a package deal when JR signed.

Now everyone is expecting the Knicks to keep Chris Smith on the roster until his contract is guaranteed and then they will pay him off for the rest of the year and bring in the more talented guys they cut loose.

All of this to keep JR happy and keep him on the roster because he is Carmelo's bud.

What a #*$(@(#ing mess the NBA has become

Old
10-30-2013, 10:44 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Damnit...I hate damn Red Sox...

Closed Thread