Overall I thought the Habs played well although they had some problems when Dallas started to make their push in the 3rd. All lines were cooking, including the DD-Bourque-Leblanc line. Diaz played a solid game.
I don't like Therrien...but do have to say that while the opposition isn't the greatest, we do miss a whole lot of guys, so the rest of the team do respect the game plan. I mean, the D is still average, yet we don't give a whole lot of goals....forwards are doing their job and help their D tremendously. Good stretch as far as playing as a team. Our goalies do save the day but the team effort is there.
Great win, we're playing Jacques Martin style of hockey right now.
- Markov and Diaz were solid.
- Bourque was great, really combative with the puck.
- Our 4th line was getting outmatched by their 4th line
- EGG line had some chances but not a great night
- Gionta and Plek are so reliable defensively
- Douglas is sick lol
- Price made a big save on Eakin at the end there
- Leblanc is doing good offensively but he's all over the place defensively, he should stick to basics
With the way our lineup is so banged up I don't mind it. I cant wait until we get everyone back
Douglas said he just wanted to hit and boy is he . It brings back memories of those big Emelin hits!
Price won this game, people don't realize it. I really wanted Therrien to start Budaj after his shut out but imo Carey won this game for us.
If your not a goalie, you don't realize the difference between being focussed and positioned for saved vs just making some amazing saves that should be goals. Price elevated his game tonight to Vezina levels.