HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tue., Oct. 29, 2013|Ducks 3 at Flyers 2

Old
10-29-2013, 09:11 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 890
Dam I hope we keep our first this year. So scared of the incoming trade !

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 09:11 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Eye Monster Invictus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
Great question. Mez is useless. Anyone that can't see that by now is a moron.

He had one good season here and has otherwise been hurt or a terrible player. He brings nothing to the table.

On the other hand good things happen when Gus is on the ice but he's benched.
Mez missing the shot from 15 feet out by a wide margin should get him parked again.

10-29-2013, 09:12 PM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Really? Cause that didn't happen last year. We had to cater everything to G to get him going last year.

G is a perimeter player in EV stiuations. he does not have the Physicality , speed , muscle to get where he wants to on the Ice. He is playing more like a top line winger then a Top line center.
That's all fine and wonderful. All I'm saying is it only makes sense to put your best player, especially when hes in a slump, in the best position possible to be effective. And right now, IMO thats with Jake.

You can argue all day long whether Giroux should play on the wing or in the middle. What can't be argued is that Giroux has the potential to explode. It's silly to waste that and not make every effort possible to re-ignite the fire he has in him.

orangecrush8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bennysflyers16

Even 3 extra points from all theses close games and we would be right in the division ?

Old
Garbage Goal

Eleven games in and if it weren't for the Islanders we would have scored one or two goals every single game. Consistently horrible offense.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 09:13 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 3304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Who is the strength and conditioning coach?
Jim McCrossin serves as trainer and strength/conditioning coach. He is certified in both areas.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 09:14 PM
Garbage Goal

One of those times I hate guaranteed contracts.

Old
10-29-2013, 09:16 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
One of those times I hate guaranteed contracts.
And ntc's.

Old
10-29-2013, 09:17 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Eleven games in and if it weren't for the Islanders we would have scored one or two goals every single game. Consistently horrible offense.
Enter Mr Dufflin Buffalin.

And jets are gonna **** Holmer on the deal.

Old
10-29-2013, 09:18 PM
Curufinwe

vCash: 50
I stopped watching after the terrible loss to Vancouver but the big win over NYI suckered me back in. But this loss was worse so I'm out again. Not going to watch a second of live action till they are back to .500. So maybe not till October 2014.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 09:19 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
That's all fine and wonderful. All I'm saying is it only makes sense to put your best player, especially when hes in a slump, in the best position possible to be effective. And right now, IMO thats with Jake.

You can argue all day long whether Giroux should play on the wing or in the middle. What can't be argued is that Giroux has the potential to explode. It's silly to waste that and not make every effort possible to re-ignite the fire he has in him.
Okay so let's say you put Giroux with Voracek and all of a sudden Giroux starts scoring . Is it because Giroux is exploding or because Voracek is making him look good?

I think its more of the 2nd.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 09:25 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Don't even want to imagine this team without Steve Mason.

Except that that lucky bounce happened because directly before it Grossmann passed the puck straight to the Ducks player that shot that lucky bounce at the blue-line. To blame it on a lucky bounce is absolving anyone of our players of blame (specifically Grossmann) and painting a turd gold.

I know, every team makes mistakes in hockey games, but not every mistake leads to a goal like that. It was still a lucky bounce, Grossmann making a mistake doesn't change that, just like it being a lucky bounce doesn't excuse Grossmanns mistake. And like I said, it's not an excuse for the way they played in the third but it looked like a lot of the cause.

I'm not painting a turd gold, I'm telling you it isn't a turd at all. It's something good that's just broken right now and has shown that it can be fixed even if it isn't fixed quite yet.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 09:25 PM
BringBackStevens

Snider needs to put Holmgren on probation. He's a ticking time bomb at this point. I can't see how he can possibly come out on top of any trade he makes with the team in this state

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 09:26 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
I stopped watching after the terrible loss to Vancouver but the big win over NYI suckered me back in. But this loss was worse so I'm out again. Not going to watch a second of live action till they are back to .500. So maybe not till October 2014.
Not much of a fan then. How can you say you support a team when you won't watch them unless they're winning.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 09:27 PM
Garbage Goal

Yeah, I'm honestly afraid of any potential trades Holmgren may make right now.

Old
10-29-2013, 09:29 PM
SuchySays

so I guess the $10 tickets were justified tonight. lololol

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 09:29 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Not much of a fan then. How can you say you support a team when you won't watch them unless they're winning.
It's one thing to not win. It's quite another to perform far under potential and look horrible for every game played consistently. Outside of the Islanders game this is a historically bad offensive team in terms of output, it's last in the standings now I believe, and we have a GM that ****ed up by keeping a coach for three games we all wanted gone and the GM himself is someone a lot of us have wanted gone for a while now.

He has every right to not waste his time which is pretty much all these games have been for the most part.

Old
10-29-2013, 09:31 PM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Okay so let's say you put Giroux with Voracek and all of a sudden Giroux starts scoring . Is it because Giroux is exploding or because Voracek is making him look good?

I think its more of the 2nd.
Players develop chemistry with eachother. I'd argue G's potential success would be a product of their familiarity/comfort with eachother. Something along the lines of the G-Jagr relationship. I think you would be hard pressed to find someone who believes Giroux was a product of Jagr. They simply worked well together.

I'm also of the opinion that once Giroux gets the massive monkey off his back, he will loosen up, stop trying to force everything and inevitably starting racking up the points. Maybe it's naive, but a this stage I'd rather see him get hot, followed by another cold period, than not put him in the best position to succeed and never know.

I mean, this team is 3-8 through 11. Is there honestly any harm in experimenting? Things cant get worse

orangecrush8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 09:33 PM
BringBackStevens

G has not been himself but I'm not that worried about him. He's unfortunately not the type of player that can do it all himself. That's just the way it is.

But he's still a great player. He just needs to make it click. When so much of your game is playmaking, being a step off from your linemates hurts your game a lot

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 09:34 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
Players develop chemistry with eachother. I'd argue G's potential success would be a product of their familiarity/comfort with eachother. Something along the lines of the G-Jagr relationship. I think you would be hard pressed to find someone who believes Giroux was a product of Jagr.

I'm also of the opinion that once Giroux gets the massive monkey off his back, he will loosen up, stop trying to force everything and inevitably starting racking up the points. Maybe it's naive, but a this stage I'd rather see him get hot, followed by another cold period, than not put him in the best position to succeed and never know.

I mean, this team is 3-8 through 11. Is there honestly any harm in experimenting? Things cant get worse
I agree, that is the inevitable course of action. But What i see happening is that this will become a 1 line team like last year. We have two dynamic offensive players, and when they are together everyone else struggles.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 09:34 PM
Danko
...the way she goes

vCash: 420
Im disgusted...Giroux is just a shell of his former self...I was embarassed when he dove into the boards and then moreso with his play this game. I would honestly not be a fan of Giroux if he was on another team.

This has got to end. If you cant string together a complete 60 minutes since that Boston Comeback in the playoffs a couple years ago, something has got to change.

Im not saying blow it up but these guys just arent giving a **** anymore after the first 20 minutes i was excited but i knew by 10 minutes into the second the direction the game was gonna go.

Im so beyond angry with G and he really needs to step up.

Kimmo is done...and so am I.

Danko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 09:39 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Yeah, I'm honestly afraid of any potential trades Holmgren may make right now.
I wonder if he has been neutered and waiting till end of year to step down. Ain't his MO to do nothing here.

Old
10-29-2013, 09:46 PM
moosehead81

Can't win- after all the years with a decent offence and defence but goal-tenders who sometimes couldn't stop a beach ball (except for Bobrovsky who was apparently passed along when he was just coming into his prime), we finally seem to have a goal-tender who makes good stops at the right time coupled with an offence and defence which **** the bed.

moosehead81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 09:47 PM
Pi

vCash: 50
Can someone explain to me what the Flyers needs are? It seems like they are a decent team that lacks a true #1D.

When I look at your roster, I see a solid team capable of taking the wild card spots.

Going into the season I thought Mason was going to kill any chance of the Flyers making the playoffs but he's been great.

I just can't comprehend how a team like the Flyers struggle to score goals. Mind boggling.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 09:48 PM
Danko
...the way she goes

vCash: 420
Another thing...everyone saying get rid of Simmonds....when he is on, he is EXACTLY what this team is missing on offense and what we need more of...him and Hartnell.

We are making it way to easy on other teams Goalies and its got to end, Simmonds and Hartnell need to be disruptive, get in front of the goalie and run guys after every play. Make them watch tape on the way they played two seasons ago.

I said it with Read and I'll say it for Simmonds, Dont trade him but do something to let him know he needs to get his **** in gear and get back to playing Wayne Simmonds Hockey.

If your benching people then Bench Simmonds or Hartnell. Gus deserves a spot on this team.

Danko is offline   Reply With Quote