HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

All Things Jerseys - Part IX

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2013, 06:48 PM
PMantis24
LGR!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Lunchbox View Post
i have bought a few from "fullmoonjerseys" on ebay including the same dubi WC jersey as well. real jerseys just premiers of old players so they move them for cheap. his jerseys come like most store bought premiers with screen print double layer numbers/letters that r then sewn on and with the jock tag. the WC premiers dont come with a jock tag and have the feux felt letters numbers n logo. so a good cheap buy for a real deal.
Thanks for the info. Got my premier WC jersey today from fullmoonjerseys and it's legit as you mentioned. Really like the felt lettering and shield, it's a nice touch.

Old
10-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackla View Post
I have a question. I'm getting a custom jersey for myself for the first time since the Edge system was introduced.

Do you most of you get the jersey that fits you perfectly, or get one size up so you can put your shoulder pads in it (even if you have no intention of ever wearing shoulder pads with the jersey). I feel like a hockey jersey should be baggy but the Edge system makes it harder to decide what size is best. Thanks.
I feel like you need two sizes up for pads. One size up to wear over a hoodie.

Old
10-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

For the EDGE question, personally I'm kind of a weird shape/size. My shouldee/chest are big but my stomach area/waist aren't as. So I get around a 52-54 when shopping for Edges. goes over my hoody well, like Jonathan. said.

speaking of, I really like the look of wearing a jersey over a hoody. Not that anyone cares but I usually wear my Blue jerseys with white hoody, and my whites with a blue or red hoody.

and It came!

Last edited by Silence Of The Plams: 10-09-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old
10-09-2013, 09:00 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I feel like you need two sizes up for pads. One size up to wear over a hoodie.
Yeah, definitely at least two sizes up for gear. Not much is worse than a really tight jersey, and you look like a jackass. For regular wear though, it's hard to judge with the edge jerseys. If you're close to being the next size up, as is, than you probably want to go a size higher to fit a hoodie or whatever. But I find that in the edge jerseys one size is a good fit in a t-shirt, but too tight for a hoodie or sweater and the next size is swimming on me. It feels like there's huge jumps between sizes.

Old
10-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Between a 52 and 54 for me is a huge huge jump. Regarding Pre Edge jerseys, a 46 is damn near a 52 for me in an Edge.

Old
10-10-2013, 12:12 AM
NYR957
Hagelin's pumped.

I have a RBK 6100 (pre-Edge) white blank size 52 authentic jersey that I'm looking to sell. I've only really worn it twice. I lost a considerable amount of weight so it's like a muumuu on me. It's got the fight strap and everything. Fully authentic. Just would like to sell it. If you're interested please PM me with an offer. I may consider it if it's high enough.

Old
10-15-2013, 01:45 PM
GloveSave35

Question about jersey sizing:

I picked up a quick winter classic replica jersey before the game last year (not from my normal sportsk because of the time crunch). I usually wear a L in premier jerseys, but this "large" is huge. I am now hoping to get an authentic WC jersey, but am unsure if my jersey was huge because it was flawed or if the WCs are just cut differently.

Does anyone have any insight on how your WC jersey compares to your normal jerseys (for both premiers and authentics)?

Thanks.

Old
10-15-2013, 02:54 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

From my understanding my size L WC is like an old CCM. I can swim in it just like my large Gretzky and Richter. I believe the authentic ones are a little bit closer to EDGE style. At least mine feels like it.

Old
10-15-2013, 06:30 PM
GloveSave35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
From my understanding my size L WC is like an old CCM. I can swim in it just like my large Gretzky and Richter. I believe the authentic ones are a little bit closer to EDGE style. At least mine feels like it.
Thanks so much. That makes a lot of sense because I'd need a medium in the old ccm cut.

Curious if anyone else can verify with regards to the authentics? Would I need an authentic WC that's comparable to the large I wear in premier jerseys or the medium I wear in ccm?

Thanks again!

Old
10-16-2013, 10:46 PM
Mashinter Splinter

Question for anyone who has used EPS - I sent my white liberty to get lettered on 7/31. I have contacted them to see what the status of the order is and I am told that custom orders around this time of year take a bit of time (which I understand).
Anyone here that's used EPS: is this normal? Should I be expecting my jersey back soon or do I need to push harder soon?
Thanks, all!

Old
10-16-2013, 11:09 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

I'd push a bit but not hard yet. I know I say it a lot but I always always always use arena wear. They do the jerseys in a great timeframe and quality is excellent. Never had to push or argue with them. Not sure how other places do a whole lot.

Old
10-17-2013, 06:40 AM
GloveSave35

^ To this same point, does anyone know the turn around time on a jersey customized at Cosbys?

Old
10-17-2013, 10:03 AM
nyrmetros

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-USA-Wor...f7c70#viTabs_0

1996 WC USA Hockey Brian Leetch. Going for $200 now. I bid for it at $100 but now it's double of what I can afford.

Old
10-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloveSave35 View Post
^ To this same point, does anyone know the turn around time on a jersey customized at Cosbys?
I went in there this summer in my visit back to NYC, I think they said around 3-4 weeks.

Old
10-17-2013, 09:21 PM
srsly989

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-USA-Wor...f7c70#viTabs_0

1996 WC USA Hockey Brian Leetch. Going for $200 now. I bid for it at $100 but now it's double of what I can afford.
Aw, why couldn't that be our jersey for the Olympics? Thats beautiful!

Old
10-17-2013, 10:09 PM
lhg39
Manny Malhotra Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanMan20 View Post
Question for anyone who has used EPS - I sent my white liberty to get lettered on 7/31. I have contacted them to see what the status of the order is and I am told that custom orders around this time of year take a bit of time (which I understand).
Anyone here that's used EPS: is this normal? Should I be expecting my jersey back soon or do I need to push harder soon?
Thanks, all!
This is normal. Average turnaround time this time of year is about 3 months. The longest an order ever took with them is 4. Do not continue to pester them. It will not help and they will just get annoyed with you.

Old
10-18-2013, 09:28 AM
Mashinter Splinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhg39 View Post
This is normal. Average turnaround time this time of year is about 3 months. The longest an order ever took with them is 4. Do not continue to pester them. It will not help and they will just get annoyed with you.
Thanks for the responses, guys. I shot them a polite, quick email last week just to make sure the jersey was in their hands and being lettered. I figured I would have to give them some time after that before sending any sort of follow up. Comforting to know that someone has used them and have had the same sort of time frame!

Thanks again.

Old
10-26-2013, 09:12 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

I need an authentic heritage jersey, with or without the patch... if someone wants to sell one (Preferrably blank or with Staal), I'll pay some good money..

Old
10-27-2013, 05:35 AM
Leopold

Hi, I have couple Game worns for trade.
12-13 Brad Richards heritage
00-01 Sandy McCarthy blue with 75th patch.
Looking for other Rangers in trade.

Old
10-29-2013, 09:45 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Should I buy a Heritage or a Winter Classic?

Old
10-29-2013, 09:47 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Heritage

Actuallyyyy, depends on who you want on it

Old
10-29-2013, 09:49 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

I want to get a Premier jersey. What is the best site to buy one on?

Old
10-29-2013, 09:53 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
Heritage

Actuallyyyy, depends on who you want on it
Going to buy it blank and decide later. Can Winter Classic numbers even be done, now? Or are those number sets long gone?

Old
10-29-2013, 09:54 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Going to buy it blank and decide later. Can Winter Classic numbers even be done, now? Or are those number sets long gone?
Uhh good question. Best bet is to email Arena Wear

EPS has the Winter Classic on their website so if you're okay with the billion year turnaround, then there ya go

Old
10-29-2013, 09:57 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

I'll probably just go with a Heritage. How many games are they wearing them this year, anyway (not related, but still curious)?

Closed Thread