Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

GDT: Rangers @ Bruins l 01/19/04 l 1 ET l NESN

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2004, 03:30 PM
punchy1

vCash: 500
By the way mates, I meant that it were just my opinion, not like my opinion is fact or anything. I hate it when someone goes around talking like only they know what is what and that their opinions should be taken as fact. Not what I mean by mine. Just what I seen as the truth but again not anymore important than your own.

Old
01-19-2004, 04:09 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
If I were Lindros I would come up with some kind of "family matters" for tomorrow's game .
Same for Douell and McGillis.. if they play that is.

Old
01-19-2004, 04:14 PM
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by nYr LunDmArK 21
I believe someone who gets a match penalty (which McGillis did) receives an automatic 1-game suspension. Doull, on the other hand, well, don't know if Sullivan will give him a rest and call up Colton Orr instead... guess it all remains to be seen.

Personally, I hope both teams act a little smarter/classier than some of the fans for both of these teams have acted today. There is a LOT of ****-slinging going back and forth, and when it comes right down to it, it's up to the players to decide if they're going to play stupid (taking runs at each other, trying to injure each other) and put their teams at a disadvantage, or play hockey.

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Old
01-19-2004, 04:19 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:

Well...McGillis and Doull are not 1 inch from carrer ending concussion.

Lindros on the other hand still wants to finish his hockey carrer in Toronto.

Old
01-19-2004, 04:24 PM
neelynugs

i just like it how all these people start defending kasparaitis. the guy is arguably the biggest cheapshotter in the entire league, and he takes a cheap hit from mcgillis, and everyone wants vengeance. ever heard of eye for an eye? i have. if kaspar is out for a long period of time, i'm pretty sure nobody will be sending any get well cards. mcgillis will miss a few games, and that should about do it.

doull will not be in the lineup tomorrow- the league will suspend him without question. his standing as a "goon" in the eyes of campbell certainly won't help his cause, and i'd expect either orr or pj stock to be up tomorrow. thornton should be back with a full cage, which will probably decrease his effectiveness.

finally, i guess the rag$$$$$$$$$ will have to call up a Dman to replace kaspar. they are already shorthanded without devries and mironov, although maybe they'll bring karpa back for 3 million a year

Old
01-19-2004, 04:25 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess
I believe someone who gets a match penalty (which McGillis did) receives an automatic 1-game suspension. Doull, on the other hand, well, don't know if Sullivan will give him a rest and call up Colton Orr instead... guess it all remains to be seen.

Personally, I hope both teams act a little smarter/classier than some of the fans for both of these teams have acted today. There is a LOT of ****-slinging going back and forth, and when it comes right down to it, it's up to the players to decide if they're going to play stupid (taking runs at each other, trying to injure each other) and put their teams at a disadvantage, or play hockey.

I think that McGillis will recieve an automatic 1 game suspension if he has recieved a previous match penalty at some point this season (I don't whether he has or not). If he has not recieved a match penalty already, it will be up to the league. And It will be interesting to see what Soupy rules on that one.

I think Doull should at least get a game for leaving his feet and going for the head. And Nedved never touched the puck.

Regardless of all the mockey-mock, I was seriously impressed with Raycroft.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 01-19-2004 at 04:28 PM.
Old
01-19-2004, 04:25 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
Well...McGillis and Doull are not 1 inch from carrer ending concussion.

Lindros on the other hand still wants to finish his hockey carrer in Toronto.
So now your wishing that a Bruin ends Lindros' carrer?

Old
01-19-2004, 04:26 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
i just like it how all these people start defending kasparaitis. the guy is arguably the biggest cheapshotter in the entire league, and he takes a cheap hit from mcgillis, and everyone wants vengeance. ever heard of eye for an eye? i have. if kaspar is out for a long period of time, i'm pretty sure nobody will be sending any get well cards. mcgillis will miss a few games, and that should about do it.

doull will not be in the lineup tomorrow- the league will suspend him without question. his standing as a "goon" in the eyes of campbell certainly won't help his cause, and i'd expect either orr or pj stock to be up tomorrow. thornton should be back with a full cage, which will probably decrease his effectiveness.

finally, i guess the rag$$$$$$$$$ will have to call up a Dman to replace kaspar. they are already shorthanded without devries and mironov, although maybe they'll bring karpa back for 3 million a year
Mironov should be back tomorrow.

And Karpa is already playing in the Pens system!

Old
01-19-2004, 04:27 PM
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
I don't think that's what she's doing.... it's a pretty well-known fact that Lindros is one concussion away from ending his career. Why do you think there was a good deal of clamor about whether Lindros would be able to compete effectively game in and game out when he came to the Rangers?

Old
01-19-2004, 04:30 PM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Thoughts from today's game

I didn't see it and I Really can't wait to see the highlights. What channel is NESN? I wonder if I get it up here in Ottawa. Maybe ABC will have a midnight showing? fill me in if anyone knows...

onto the game...what were the lines? and how did Jiri Slegr play? Do you guys feel he should be a mainstay?

I noticed Corazinni played more minutes than Donato and only 2 min less than Samsonov. Who is this kid? is he the real deal??? What about Vernarsky? he saw limited action but how did he do?

now to the injuries

does anyone know how long Green is going to be out? And what about Thornton? I hope he'll play tomorow.

Thanks for the info.

Old
01-19-2004, 04:32 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway

Regardless of all the mockey-mock, I was seriously impressed with Raycroft.
and why not? the guy has delivered the goods all year.

Old
01-19-2004, 04:40 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact
I didn't see it and I Really can't wait to see the highlights. What channel is NESN? I wonder if I get it up here in Ottawa. Maybe ABC will have a midnight showing? fill me in if anyone knows...

onto the game...what were the lines? and how did Jiri Slegr play? Do you guys feel he should be a mainstay?

I noticed Corazinni played more minutes than Donato and only 2 min less than Samsonov. Who is this kid? is he the real deal??? What about Vernarsky? he saw limited action but how did he do?

now to the injuries

does anyone know how long Green is going to be out? And what about Thornton? I hope he'll play tomorow.

Thanks for the info.

lots of questions...here goes:

after thornton, mcgillis and doull left the game, this is what i saw:

sammy-bergeron-murray
knuble-vernarsky-lapointe
axelsson-rolston-corazzini
donato was being rotated around the lines here and there

i thought slegr did pretty well for a guy who just flew over from vancouver, didn't know the system, and probably didn't know many of the guys (if any). he should be given at least 20 games to show what he can do. so far, so good.

corazzini was a free agent signing out of BU. he was the captain of their team. little guy (5'9"?), loads of speed, willing to get dirty. he's smart- and can keep up with rolston and axe very well. seems to be overachieving- definitely not "the real deal", but has also been solid on the PK.

vernarsky was pretty unnoticeable out there. probably why he just got sent down.

green said probably 2 weeks for his injury when it happened. mccarthy and grosek are concussed. moran seems to be getting closer to full health.

not sure about thornton, but if it's really a facial laceration, he'll probably be back with a full shield

Old
01-19-2004, 04:50 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
No...I think he wishes it because I didn't start what he started. (And he knows his injury problems better than me)

Old
01-19-2004, 06:37 PM
sarge88

A couple of things about the game today. While Doull deserved every minute he got, because he hit Nedved high when he didn't have the puck, Carter absolutely leveled Doull from behind right after the hit, yet he got nothing. The McGillis call was simply a case of yet another pair of inadequate refs looking to "take control" of a game by overreacting and calling penalties based on what happened 10 minutes ago. McGillis should have gotten 2 minutes, 4 at the very most. He intended to injure Kasparaitas as much as Lindros was trying to adjust Joe's helmet.

Old
01-19-2004, 07:23 PM
BronxBruin

I couldn't agree more with John Davidson when he said that Doull is bad for hockey. He pointed out that most "goons" (he mentioned Simon, McCarthy, and Stock) could at least play hockey while all Doull does is fight and make stupid plays like the one on Nedved. The puck wasn't near Nedved and Doull absolutely leveled him. It's a miracle that Petr didn't get a concussion on the play. I like fighting and think it still plays a role in today's game but when a guy spends more time in the penalty box than on the ice, he's just a thug on skates and has no right being in the NHL.

As for the McGillis incident, he did leave his leg out as Kasparitis was skating by and thus deserved the kneeing penalty. Regardless of whether of not Darius is known as a cheapshot artist, he may be out for a while because of a bad play by McGillis. I don't think Dan did it on purpose but he still could see a suspension since it was a match penalty.

Hopefully the Thornton injury isn't serious but I must say that it was just a clean shot that Lindros landed on him. The two didn't really throw too punches and just as Joe was falling to the ice, Eric let go a haymaker that landed squarely on Joe's cheek. Joe got up and skated immediately to the locker room with blood pouring from his face.

Old
01-19-2004, 07:37 PM
DBL

I never seen the fight really, just highlites of it. Did Joe slowly get up from the punch or did he get right up after it? Just wondering...

And what a game to miss for me... only game I missed this season and it was a good one, maybe the best one all season. My luck...

Old
01-19-2004, 07:40 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowL
I never seen the fight really, just highlites of it. Did Joe slowly get up from the punch or did he get right up after it? Just wondering...

And what a game to miss for me... only game I missed this season and it was a good one, maybe the best one all season. My luck...
it looked like thornton lost his balance, and started to fall down. on the way down, lindros caught him with a big right. joe went down, and skated off quickly.

as for missing the game, now you know how i felt when i missed the vancouver game from 2 months ago check on NESN at midnight though

Old
01-19-2004, 07:43 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

Only game I've missed all year as well. Wish I were a banker today. I'm tired as all hell and NESN wants me to stay up 'til 2am. Damn you Charlie Moore...this game should've been re-aired at 7 tonight.

Closed Thread