HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Winnipeg Jets looking for offensive spark

Old
10-29-2013, 07:50 PM
Tripod

vCash: 500
So Winnipeg wants to add offense, but wants to keep their top 4 D-men intact based on the comments from their fans. Can you guys give us an idea on what you want to actually trade?

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 07:54 PM
Josh3217

You can have Del Zotto.

Josh3217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 07:59 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
So Winnipeg wants to add offense, but wants to keep their top 4 D-men intact based on the comments from their fans. Can you guys give us an idea on what you want to actually trade?
Looking for a Boyes or Versteeg type player, from a non contending team, that require picks or mid level prospect in return.

Unless the trade is for Buff in that case we would look at a bigger deal. (We do have injury problems on D right now so it wouldn't be immediate)

veganhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 08:00 PM
Steve BachIntyre
BonegrinderNetminder

Chevy needs a RW play-maker for Kane and MS.. Size and toughness would be a nice added bonus, BUT shouldn't really be too much of an issue with Wheeler Ladd Kane Buff Bogo and the bottom 6 they have there.. so why not go for Hemsky? He'd be a perfect set-up man for Kane, would have alot more open space on the Jets, and would likely come very cheap, and with a good chance of re-signing.. Sure he doesn't lift, but he can dance, and looks great in Blue.

BTW.. Whats with all the Byfuglien hate..? Sure the word is that he's erratic.. up and down.. inconsistent.. can't follow Claude Xmas's game plan.. and sometimes tries to do too much himself... but he is a current top pairing irreplaceable guy..

He has one of the hardest shots and body checks in the league and scores huge clutch goals! Players try to hit him and bounce off and go flying 10 feet. Ask Joensuu. There is no messing with the guy, or anybody on his team when he's on the ice, period. He gives the team room down low because others have to respect his point shot, and he looks like Bobby Orr out there sometimes with his end-to-end rushes! NTM he is in the top D-Men for PPG in the past 3 season! You would have to be crazy to trade him. Crazy. Totally Freaking Nuts.

He means more to Winnipeg than alot of you know and he likes being here so close to his family in Minny, trading him away would be the stupidest thing ChevyTakesAllDayOff could ever think of doing, and would certainly not help the team win now.

I mean just look at this guy, why would anyone want to get rid of this stud?

Last edited by Steve BachIntyre: 10-29-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Steve BachIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 08:03 PM
Kane9Swag

I'd honestly rather give up Bogo than Buff right now if it means we get a top forward in return.

Bogo for Eberle would be nice.

Kane9Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 08:03 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Quote:
More like everyone assumes it will be Byfuglien, but he's playing the best right now while we have a few defenseman on the shelf at the moment.

We have some pretty good playmaking talent, but we have no #1 center and Kane is our only sniper and even he has only a wrister and no one timer. We thought Setoguchi could help with this. But no matter what Noel won't play him on the PP over Wheeler and so until things will stay the same if we add any player 2nd line and below. Not to mention half the time Jokinen is on 2nd PP and he's, well....Yeah he's gone after this year.

Flair Hay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 08:05 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve BachIntyre View Post
Chevy needs a RW play-maker for Kane and MS.. Size and toughness would be a nice added bonus, BUT shouldn't really be too much of an issue with Wheeler Ladd Kane Buff Bogo and the bottom 6 they have there.. so why not go for Hemsky? He'd be a perfect set-up man for Kane, would have alot more open space on the Jets, and would like come very cheap. Sure he doesn't lift, but he can dance, and looks great in Blue.

BTW.. Whats with all the Byfuglien hate..? Sure the word is that he's erratic.. up and down.. inconsistent.. can't follow Claude Xmas's game plan.. and sometimes tries to do too much himself... but he is a current top pairing irreplaceable guy..

He has one of the hardest shots and body checks in the league and scores huge clutch goals! Players try to hit him and bounce off and go flying 10 feet. Ask Joensuu. There is no messing with the guy, or anybody on his team when he's on the ice, period. He gives the team room down low because others have to respect his point shot, and he looks like Bobby Orr out there sometimes with his end-to-end rushes! NTM he is in the top D-Men for PPG in the past 3 season! You would have to be crazy to trade him. Crazy. Totally Freaking Nuts.

He means more to Winnipeg than alot of you know and he likes being here so close to his family in Minny, trading him away would be the stupidest thing ChevyTakesAllDayOff could ever think of doing, and would certainly not help the team win now.

Should have offered Raymond a contract in the summer.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 08:05 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve BachIntyre View Post
Chevy needs a RW play-maker for Kane and MS.. Size and toughness would be a nice added bonus, BUT shouldn't really be too much of an issue with Wheeler Ladd Kane Buff Bogo and the bottom 6 they have there.. so why not go for Hemsky? He'd be a perfect set-up man for Kane, would have alot more open space on the Jets, and would like come very cheap. Sure he doesn't lift, but he can dance, and looks great in Blue.

No Buff hate he is a unique player but he has warts and we have 2 young promising RHD in Bogo and Trouba who will not be moved.

Old
10-29-2013, 09:00 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Should have offered Raymond a contract in the summer.
They did and he turned them down.
He wanted more then one year

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 09:08 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane9Swag View Post
I'd honestly rather give up Bogo than Buff right now if it means we get a top forward in return.

Bogo for Eberle would be nice.
Too many questions with Buff (he has been much better this year in every aspect) and Bogo was just signed long term = not going to happen.

Last edited by veganhunter: 10-30-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Old
10-29-2013, 10:38 PM
TurdFerguson

Trading for a guy like Stastny makes the most sense to me. A large part of the Jets being awful on the PP is because Little is 18-27 on PP faceoffs. Stastny is great on the draw, and has the offensive flair to be effective on the PP.

Seeing as the Jets have very little cap space, they would likely need to send Enstrom or Byfuglien back, so pick(s)/prospect(s) would have to go to the Jets to even it up a bit.

TurdFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 11:19 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Desharnais + Bourque + 2nd round draft pick for Bogosian

Markov - Emelin
Bogosian - Subban
Gorges - Beaulieu
Tinordi

"We're here to drop off some stuff and pick up Zach Bogosian."

Yeah, that works.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 11:50 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobz89 View Post
LOL Setoguchi has barely any trade value. Wild completely ripped the Jets off for the 2nd they got.
He has played well the last couple of games , and you don't think that if Wpg. feels they can't sign him they won't get a 2nd at the trade deadline? I sure do .

Jets get him for a season , see if they want or , can sign him , if not they recoup the cost.

jetkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 12:01 AM
Berserker*

Milan Michalek
+
Patrick Weiricioch (or Eric Gryba)

for

Dustin Byfuglien

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 12:28 AM
avsfan89

Steve Downie + Ryan O'Reilly

for

Bogosian + Frolik

some avs fans thinks its heresy to trade ROR but I'd do this deal.

Bogo and Johnson would be sick.

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 12:39 AM
stavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post

"We're here to drop off some crap and pick up Zach Bogosian."

Yeah, that works.
fixed

stavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 01:14 AM
maximus tacitus
KeepKane and CarryIn

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
Steve Downie + Ryan O'Reilly

for

Bogosian + Frolik

some avs fans thinks its heresy to trade ROR but I'd do this deal.

Bogo and Johnson would be sick.
wish Downie was signed for another year but yeah I would do this

maximus tacitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 01:31 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

trading for a top line center should really be your focus. it solves to problems with a. replacing little as your top center and b. allowing you to flip little back to RW and solve your RW depth problem. you'll have to move a d to do it, but if i were in winnipeg's situation i wouldn't have much trouble doing that.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 06:56 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
trading for a top line center should really be your focus. it solves to problems with a. replacing little as your top center and b. allowing you to flip little back to RW and solve your RW depth problem. you'll have to move a d to do it, but if i were in winnipeg's situation i wouldn't have much trouble doing that.
Agreed. Adding a Versteeg or Boyes isn't what the Jets need to take them to the next level. What they need (aside from a new coach) is to move one of the "untouchables" for some legit talent up front. IMO, the name that would net a great return and may be slightly expendable due to Trouba being...awesome is Toby Enstrom. I think he (plus a pick?) can net you a true top line talent.

The Jets 2.0 wanted to separate themselves from the Thrashers (understandably), but then they locked up Toby, Little, Wheeler, Kane, Bogo, Slater, and Pavelec. Add the few years left of Buff, Postma, and Ladd and many of the Thrash remain. I think a real shake up needs to happen. No more revolving door of Halischuks or Pelusos every year. Make a bold move.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 08:06 AM
km204

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus tacitus View Post
wish Downie was signed for another year but yeah I would do this
I think I would do this assuming an extension with Downie could be worked out before the trade.

km204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 08:14 AM
Jag68Sid87

It'll never happen in a million years, but Chris Kunitz for the Jets' 2014 first rounder.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 08:59 AM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Agreed. Adding a Versteeg or Boyes isn't what the Jets need to take them to the next level. What they need (aside from a new coach) is to move one of the "untouchables" for some legit talent up front. IMO, the name that would net a great return and may be slightly expendable due to Trouba being...awesome is Toby Enstrom. I think he (plus a pick?) can net you a true top line talent.

The Jets 2.0 wanted to separate themselves from the Thrashers (understandably), but then they locked up Toby, Little, Wheeler, Kane, Bogo, Slater, and Pavelec. Add the few years left of Buff, Postma, and Ladd and many of the Thrash remain. I think a real shake up needs to happen. No more revolving door of Halischuks or Pelusos every year. Make a bold move.
I know both of you are former Thrashers fans so you had to put up with having no true #1 centre through their entire existence (Savard?) and 3 years into the Jets existence we still don't have one. The problem I see is to get a true #1 it is going to cost A LOT (more than any of our defencemen are going to return alone), there are not many if any available, and we still don't really have the depth or prospect depth to gut the team for one player. I think we have to hope Scheifele pans out, get lucky in the draft, or hope beyond hope we can get a troubled guy (Richards, Carter, Seguin).

Likely going to be Byfuglien that goes (Wheeler might have been the other but our RW depth is atrocious).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
It'll never happen in a million years, but Chris Kunitz for the Jets' 2014 first rounder.
You are definitely right about that (not that Kunitz is a bad player).

Last edited by veganhunter: 10-30-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old
10-30-2013, 09:10 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post

I think you are exactly right. I've long been a Noel supporter and was willing to give him the time and necessary assets to ice a solid team, but I think we've got enough pieces here to be better than we are. Over the last 3 seasons since the team was relocated, it has failed to establish any sort of identity. That is a big problem. I am not seeing it with Noel and this group, I don't think it's ever going to work.

In my opinion this has gone on long enough now, we're in year 3 of the same old, same old. We've got a good, solid base but it needs help moving forward and taking that next step. We've got some promising prospects making way in Scheifele and Trouba among others from our drafts beginning to turn pro. But, something within the roots of this team has to be altered to change it's ways and give it a new identity. It's time to open the windows a bit here and air the house out.

Two things need to happen, in my opinion, for a new identity to be allowed to take it's place here,

1. Fire Noel.

2. Trade a piece from the core; it's evident it has to be done to shift this group from their current state. Most Jets fans agree Byfuglien is/will be the piece to move.

Those moves in itself would really change things, in my opinion. Would it work? Nobody knows, but it's worth trying at this point. I'll gladly eat my words and admit to being wrong if Noel and this team put it together, but I am not seeing it. There are evident issues here that need addressed in order for this organization to take the next step, or even have a chance at it. Other than that, we'll be swimming in mediocrity for a long time.

10-30-2013, 10:35 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
I'd do something like Buff or Bogo (preferably Buff) for a young top-6 center; ROR would work since the Avs have an abundance of centers.

No interest in trading Kane for a bunch of third liners and mid round picks. Here's a tip: if you have to include 3 times as many pieces as the other team, you're probably just offering up garbage and rarely is more garbage actually helpful. Not singling anyone out, this stupidity is rampant.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 10:36 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
LW is the lowest priority for the Jets right now.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote