HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Who Goes First/Speculation/Rumors Thread

View Poll Results: Who is the ODD MAN OUT?
Zuccerello 1 1.06%
Pyatt 74 78.72%
Pouliot 3 3.19%
They all stay 4 4.26%
They all go 12 12.77%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-30-2013, 09:26 AM
  #676
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Perfect time to inquire. The Bolts have Purcell already and they just drafted another forward in Drouin. I think it would be a good deal for both teams.
My only real concern is whether or not he's NHL ready right now. He's sulking in Syracuse, which is a bad sign. We need a roster player to help up front sooner rather than later.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 09:28 AM
  #677
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,465
vCash: 500
Bogosian just signed a long ass contract. All of the Winnipeg guys are signed to long term rich contracts. I believe has suffered more than one concussion in last few years. The Jets awarded all of their players and they haven't done anything as a group. The Rangers shouldn't pay Girardi. Trade him. He blocks shots and is good on the PK. Is Staal planning to sign an extension this summer? The Rangers can't be sitting here this time next season with Staal unsigned. Another question is the injury factor. Will Staal ever become the same player he was before hurting his eye and do you want to commit long-term to him? Teams were willing to trade for Vanek knowing he has many connections to Minnesota. These questions are above our pay grade.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 09:28 AM
  #678
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Yeah, I hear what you're saying. I think Bogosian's upside is good enough that if I could tolerate sending back what I gave up with Del Zotto, I'd pull the trigger and hope for the best. Between DG and MDZ, you're looking at $7-8M to retain both. I think we could do better for that money.

DZ+ for Bogo + Burmi's rights
Danny G for Gardiner and Biggs

Done.
I would do both of those deals in a heartbeat. Infusion of youth and skill and I like what Biggs projects to be which is something this team needs.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Would you put the likes of Fast or Lindberg in the '+' category of the Winnipeg deal? I've seen people throw out Miller as that possibility, but, much like Kreider, Miller is a player with attributes that this organization lacks. OTOH, if you're securing the rights to Burmistrov, Lindberg becomes redundant.
Difficult decision. They both look like 2nd/3rd line NHL forwards.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I think you'd have to give up one of them in the trade. As much as I like him, I'd sooner give up Fast than Lindberg. OL is having a quiet start, but I think he has #2C upside and I'd hate to downgrade the organizational depth at center right now.

I've always been a fan of Burmi, but we're only getting his rights in the deal, so who even knows if he'd come back. His current deal doesn't have an out-clause for this season, so at best we wouldn't see him until next fall.

Heck, maybe Brassard goes in the deal to balance out salary and Miller takes over at center. Never know with this team. I saw about 30 different line combinations last night.
I wouldn't move Brassard, that's for sure. Hard to find a place for Stepan, Brassard, Burmistrov and Lindberg to play all at the same time. Although Burmistrov can play wing, he is a solid defensive player.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 09:30 AM
  #679
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
My only real concern is whether or not he's NHL ready right now. He's sulking in Syracuse, which is a bad sign. We need a roster player to help up front sooner rather than later.
He was one of TB's best players in pre-season. He is ready. I think he is sick of toiling in the AHL when he is clearly NHL ready. He has the entire package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Bogosian just signed a long ass contract. All of the Winnipeg guys are signed to long term rich contracts. I believe has suffered more than one concussion in last few years. The Jets awarded all of their players and they haven't done anything as a group. The Rangers shouldn't pay Girardi. Trade him. He blocks shots and is good on the PK. Is Staal planning to sign an extension this summer? The Rangers can't be sitting here this time next season with Staal unsigned. Another question is the injury factor. Will Staal ever become the same player he was before hurting his eye and do you want to commit long-term to him? Teams were willing to trade for Vanek knowing he has many connections to Minnesota. These questions are above our pay grade.
I'd move Girardi. Sather will let him walk for nothing. That's his M.O.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 09:31 AM
  #680
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 8,054
vCash: 500
keeping kristo, kreider and miller gives us 3 young quality usa kids who can be the next core for this organization.

add to that a few of the euros and we have a solid group of young, hard working, good skating kids.

we need to add 1 more offensive kid to go along with the very raw buchnevich. we need a sniper, goal scorer in this organization in the worst way.

i would love to see if we could pry jeremy morin away from chi. they are loaded with forwards and this kids a legit sniper.

offdacrossbar is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 09:32 AM
  #681
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
I would do both of those deals in a heartbeat. Infusion of youth and skill and I like what Biggs projects to be which is something this team needs.
Yeah, I think Biggs is a project, but he looks like he could be that hard-hitting 3rd liner we've been lacking for a while. Gardiner obviously steps in right away.

Quote:
I wouldn't move Brassard, that's for sure. Hard to find a place for Stepan, Brassard, Burmistrov and Lindberg to play all at the same time. Although Burmistrov can play wing, he is a solid defensive player.
Eh, I'd worry about the fit once those guys start making the jump. Until they're knocking down the door at the NHL level, it's not hard to find a place for them.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 09:37 AM
  #682
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 12,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Bogosian just signed a long ass contract. All of the Winnipeg guys are signed to long term rich contracts. I believe has suffered more than one concussion in last few years. The Jets awarded all of their players and they haven't done anything as a group. The Rangers shouldn't pay Girardi. Trade him. He blocks shots and is good on the PK. Is Staal planning to sign an extension this summer? The Rangers can't be sitting here this time next season with Staal unsigned. Another question is the injury factor. Will Staal ever become the same player he was before hurting his eye and do you want to commit long-term to him? Teams were willing to trade for Vanek knowing he has many connections to Minnesota. These questions are above our pay grade.
I agree about moving Girardi, but, I'd move him knowing that we have a younger replacement ready. And, while I believe McIlrath the ultimate Girardi replacement, you still need another RHD. Maybe Bogosian is not ideal, but, he's likely being paid less than what Girardi could be getting this off-season. Yes, Winnipeg overpaid Bogosian, but, I'm more willing to pay for a player who will be reaching his peak at those contract terms, than one starting the downside of his career.

jas is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 09:39 AM
  #683
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
keeping kristo, kreider and miller gives us 3 young quality usa kids who can be the next core for this organization.

add to that a few of the euros and we have a solid group of young, hard working, good skating kids.

we need to add 1 more offensive kid to go along with the very raw buchnevich. we need a sniper, goal scorer in this organization in the worst way.

i would love to see if we could pry jeremy morin away from chi. they are loaded with forwards and this kids a legit sniper.
Not the biggest fan of Morin although he is similar to what the team needs. I would be looking at add another player who can provide some size and speed to the wing. Zibanejad, Connolly, that type of player.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 09:41 AM
  #684
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,835
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Pretty well. He didn't make TB out of Camp because they ave too many forwards playing wing right now and, or so I have read, Yzerman wants to shop Malone and raise his value.

I think he has 30 goal potential similar to Bobby Ryan in the say he plays.



Yep, I mentioned this before. They played together in Juniors and are good friends. Chemsitry would not be a problem on the PP.
Thanks

Glen Teflon Sather is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 09:41 AM
  #685
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
Fast, Lindberg, Kristo...I'd move all of them. These guys are nothing special, and insanely expendable.

Miller is a keeper.
Fast, Lindberg and Kristo are all about 1/8th into their professional and/or North American careers, yet you've already determined their entire career trajectories? How are they expendable? Who are we getting back that is better?

These are the type of players you hang onto because they haven't built up a ton of trade value yet, nor have we seen their full potential. There's absolutely no point to trading them right now. Learn to have some patience.

GAGLine is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 09:42 AM
  #686
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Yeah, I think Biggs is a project, but he looks like he could be that hard-hitting 3rd liner we've been lacking for a while. Gardiner obviously steps in right away.



Eh, I'd worry about the fit once those guys start making the jump. Until they're knocking down the door at the NHL level, it's not hard to find a place for them.
Agreed. Biggs is something this organization lacks and Gardiner is a pure offensive, smooth skating d-man. Add him to McDonagh and Moore and the group gets that much faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I agree about moving Girardi, but, I'd move him knowing that we have a younger replacement ready. And, while I believe McIlrath the ultimate Girardi replacement, you still need another RHD. Maybe Bogosian is not ideal, but, he's likely being paid less than what Girardi could be getting this off-season. Yes, Winnipeg overpaid Bogosian, but, I'm more willing to pay for a player who will be reaching his peak at those contract terms, than one starting the downside of his career.
I'd be more willing to pay Bogosian but maybe they could move MDZ for a forward elsewhere instead and Girardi for a RD puck moving replacement. Like Gardiner.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 09:48 AM
  #687
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,358
vCash: 50
Adding Gardiner and Bogosian would make this blue line even more smooth skating.

I don't see why Winnipeg trades Bogosian for Del Zotto, though.

iamitter is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 09:48 AM
  #688
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,835
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
My only real concern is whether or not he's NHL ready right now. He's sulking in Syracuse, which is a bad sign. We need a roster player to help up front sooner rather than later.
I agree, I'd prefer a more established NHLer than a prospect for MDZ because in Rangersland it seems like Murphy's Law you know that prospect wouldn't live up to his potential lol

Glen Teflon Sather is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 09:50 AM
  #689
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Knows Best View Post
I agree, I'd prefer a more established NHLer than a prospect for MDZ because in Rangersland it seems like Murphy's Law you know that prospect wouldn't live up to his potential lol
(2) years ago he played pretty much the entire season in the NHL. I am telling you from watching him in pre-season he is very much NHL ready. Add him and let him play and he will explode. Bobby Ryan-like potential. Get in on the ground floor.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 09:52 AM
  #690
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Adding Gardiner and Bogosian would make this blue line even more smooth skating.

I don't see why Winnipeg trades Bogosian for Del Zotto, though.
I think if they move Girardi and MDZ and are able to add even Gardiner + a smooth skating puck moving prospect who is a year or so away, that would be more than fine. Falk can play as the #6 for this season. They have the depth to do it anyways and #5/6 d-men at the deadline aren't that expensive if they want to upgrade that spot.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 09:56 AM
  #691
caribouPINE
Registered User
 
caribouPINE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,522
vCash: 500
Leaf fan coming in peace .... a lot of us are looking at Girardi. I know it's not all about numbers for him, but looking over the "easy" stats it looks like he's having a down year. I know the team as a group are, but has Girardi's play fallen? Is he the same guy we've seen the last 4-5 years?

caribouPINE is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 09:58 AM
  #692
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribouPINE View Post
Leaf fan coming in peace .... a lot of us are looking at Girardi. I know it's not all about numbers for him, but looking over the "easy" stats it looks like he's having a down year. I know the team as a group are, but has Girardi's play fallen? Is he the same guy we've seen the last 4-5 years?
Same guy, new system. He has gotten better as the season has moved along. Still a rock on defense.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 09:58 AM
  #693
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
(2) years ago he played pretty much the entire season in the NHL. I am telling you from watching him in pre-season he is very much NHL ready. Add him and let him play and he will explode. Bobby Ryan-like potential. Get in on the ground floor.
I agree. He's a very skilled player. I brought his name up in the off-season and still think he's worth taking a chance on.

Maybe we can get Connolly + for MDZ. Maybe someone with size and speed that can play a bottom 6 role for us, either now or in the future?

GAGLine is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 09:59 AM
  #694
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence
 
KreiMeARiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Southern Oracle
Posts: 6,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Fast, Lindberg and Kristo are all about 1/8th into their professional and/or North American careers, yet you've already determined their entire career trajectories? How are they expendable? Who are we getting back that is better?

These are the type of players you hang onto because they haven't built up a ton of trade value yet, nor have we seen their full potential. There's absolutely no point to trading them right now. Learn to have some patience.
Sorry none of them impress me.

KreiMeARiver is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 09:59 AM
  #695
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
I agree. He's a very skilled player. I brought his name up in the off-season and still think he's worth taking a chance on.

Maybe we can get Connolly + for MDZ. Maybe someone with size and speed that can play a bottom 6 role for us, either now or in the future?
Or a puck moving d-man to be included with Connolly.

I like Erne, Namestnikov, Kucherov as forwards.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 10:06 AM
  #696
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Or a puck moving d-man to be included with Connolly.

I like Erne, Namestnikov, Kucherov as forwards.
Slater Koekkoek. Rangers liked him in his draft year.


Last edited by Championship*: 10-30-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Championship* is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 10:45 AM
  #697
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
Fast, Lindberg, Kristo...I'd move all of them. These guys are nothing special, and insanely expendable.

Miller is a keeper.
Great analysis
Wish someone of your great hockey knowledge and esteemed perception was in charge and calling the shots. Olympic roster (preliminary) on Team Sweden and a factor in Europes 2nd best league means nothing I suppose.
Getting used to the rink surface is totally irrelevant
BINGo

BBKers is online now  
Old
10-30-2013, 11:08 AM
  #698
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,258
vCash: 500
so Oilers waived Potter and Grebeshkov which is likely no big deal but I would like to see what the Rangers could get out of Edmonton for Del Zotto.

I am also on the wagon of dealing a UFA like Stralman from the D if they can get a piece for next yr like another RD

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 11:27 AM
  #699
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,288
vCash: 500
Still think the Oilers are a likely landing spot for Del Zotto. Howson loves him, and a top-4 D is a need. Whether or not the fans on that board want to admit that Del Zotto is an upgrade for them is another story though. According to them, every D prospect they have is going to be vastly superior sooner or later.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
10-30-2013, 11:38 AM
  #700
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Still think the Oilers are a likely landing spot for Del Zotto. Howson loves him, and a top-4 D is a need. Whether or not the fans on that board want to admit that Del Zotto is an upgrade for them is another story though. According to them, every D prospect they have is going to be vastly superior sooner or later.
If DZ keeps playing like this they might be right.

I don't think this team has the defensive depth right now to swap a D for a Foward. By the end of the year Falk would be dragged to the gallows. Maybe next year if another prospect makes the jump. If the team isn't looking like the playoffs are likely by April then I hope they move DZ and Girardi and play cones for the 5&6 if they have to. Assuming DZ continues to be dreadful.

__________________
Ail is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.