HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 NFL Thread III? (Giants hosting Girls; Jets at Ravens)

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2013, 06:32 PM
nyrleetch

vCash: 500
Cousins is in for Redskins. This is the guy the Jets should've gone after.

Old
10-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
Cousins is in for Redskins. This is the guy the Jets should've gone after.
Why would the Skins have traded him?

Old
10-27-2013, 06:34 PM
nyrleetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Why would the Skins have traded him?
Because he's my favorite player!

Old
10-27-2013, 06:34 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
Because he's my favorite player!
I like him a lot. More than RGIII.

Old
10-27-2013, 06:35 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

LOL and then he throws a terrible pick 6.

Old
10-27-2013, 06:37 PM
nyrleetch

Quote:
LOL and then he throws a terrible pick 6.
Crap! And I was just taunting my Redskins friend who loves RG3.

Old
10-27-2013, 06:41 PM
nyrleetch

Well I'm not going to even bother on that INT after Cousins gets late hit. How did that guy drop that pass lol.

Old
10-27-2013, 06:42 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

AAAAAND another Cousinception.

Old
10-27-2013, 07:20 PM
nyrleetch

Quote:
AAAAAND another Cousinception.
That one wasn't his fault!

Old
10-27-2013, 07:21 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

GREAT day for the Giants

Horrible day for everyone hoping for Clowney

Old
10-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Lost my ****ing fantasy game due to Megatron. I had well over 100 points and still lost. Ugh.

Old
10-27-2013, 10:00 PM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

Quote:
Lost my ****ing fantasy game due to Megatron. I had well over 100 points and still lost. Ugh.
I know that feel, bro. I only had 86 because I had 4 starters on Byes but Megatron stole a (rare) win from me.

Old
10-27-2013, 10:15 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Just wrapped up my week with a 176! Didn't have Megatron either, but Stafford got me 31.

Old
10-28-2013, 12:14 AM
30theking

the giants defenses has played fantastic these past two games. they did a good job holding peterson and mccoy in check. the only reason the vikings and eagles even scored at all was because of special team blunders. eli and the offense should be thanking them for bailing them out today. oh and thank josh brown too. im not too sure if tynes would've made a couple of those field goals. brown has a much stronger leg. i don't know what is with this offense and the redzone. it's like they are just allergic to getting touchdowns when they are in there. and eli has to do a better job at realizing how much time is left on the play clock. i saw alot of snaps just barely getting off in time. yes eli. we all know 52 is the mike. you don't have to scream it at the top of your lungs a million times before the snap.

Old
10-28-2013, 07:36 AM
mullichicken25

In fantasy this week my team put up 165 points with huge numbers from Dez Bryant, Darren McFadden, Stevie Johnsons and Dan Bailey (31pts from the kicker!)

Too bad i still lost by nearly 100 points. My opponent had Brees, Jordy Nelson, Calvin Johnson, and Knowshon Moreno

I had the third most points in my league and got absolutely annihilated

Old
10-28-2013, 07:47 AM
shinchanyo

BTW it was so nice to see once in a decade, Janikowski heir, Capt. Mike Nugent. Thanks a lot for nothing Mike.

Old
10-28-2013, 07:53 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
BTW it was so nice to see once in a decade, Janikowski heir, Capt. Mike Nugent. Thanks a lot for nothing Mike.
Nuge is having a wierd season this year

He's been uncharacteristicly missing a handful of routine 30-40 yarders, but has at least 2 game winners, including an overtime win from about 50.

I personaly wanted the bengals to resign Josh Brown this year instead but cant be upset with clutch kicks

Old
10-30-2013, 10:12 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

10 Scariest Players in College Football

Quote:
3. Khalil Mack, Buffalo, LB: An unheralded recruit from Florida who has blossomed into a projected first-rounder, the 250-pound Mack gave Ohio State fits earlier in the season, producing nine tackles and 2.5 sacks and taking an INT 45 yards for a TD. (He also had another sack/forced fumble that was overturned by a penalty.) Baylor coach Art Briles later compared the explosive Bulls standout to All-Pro LB Von Miller. On the season Mack has 11 TFLs, seven sacks and three INTs. He's also third in NCAA history with 67 TFLs.
Giants keep this up, and end up not in the playoffs, they'll be picking around 10-15.

Khalil Mack, COME ON DOWN.

Old
10-30-2013, 10:14 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

He doesn't fit the system, man. He'd be a bust. He's a 3-4 LB and we aren't changing the entire defensive scheme for one draft pick.

Old
10-30-2013, 10:16 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
He doesn't fit the system, man. He'd be a bust. He's a 3-4 LB and we aren't changing the entire defensive scheme for one draft pick.
Just let me have my dream!

There are a few players from UB I'd love to add to the Giants, but only Mack fills a need (and not that well, unfortunately).

Wide receiver Alex Neutz. I had a class with him back in the day. Kid has the biggest hands I've ever seen in-person, a magnet for the ball. He's making Licata look good this year. 7 TDs has him tied for 15th in the FBS. 628 yards on 39 receptions. Also handles some punt returning for the team - I think they trust his hands more than anyone.

Running back Brandon Oliver. Remember this name. Reminds me so much of Ahmad Bradshaw. Not the biggest guy, but he has the ability to hit the hole with speed, disappear under a slew of players, and appear on the other side of the field with a full-head of steam. Listed at 5'8" 208lbs. Legs the size of tree trunks. 874 yards on 180 rushes this season is good for 15th in the FBS. Has gotten into the end zone 9 times.

DE/DT - Colby Way. More suited as a DE, sometimes lines up at DT for the Bulls. He benefits a lot from having Mack out there. He's a junior, so I don't know if he'll leave for the draft. I would be surprised if he did.

I think Neutz and Oliver will end up being taken near the fourth round. Mack is going in the first-round, no doubt.

On another note - Way to go, TT!

Quote:
The comeback kid > RT @DanGrazianoESPN: Giants' Terrell Thomas named NFC Defensive Player of the Week.
https://twitter.com/NotoriousOHM/sta...71300963323904

Last edited by silverfish: 10-30-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old
10-30-2013, 12:49 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
We could see Coughlin and Fewell gone by seasons end. The glory days of Big Blue revolved around a 3-4, which helped because LT was a hybrid.

The 3-4 would work with their current group under a different coordinator.

The 4-3 hasnt worked. Two four-game playoff runs is great on the resume, but the Giants defense has not been what we're used to seeing to quite sometime.

Old
10-30-2013, 12:52 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Parcells convinced Perkins to switch to a 3-4 in 1981 after they saw what they had in Taylor.

They need to rebuild the LB corps. Reese has never made this a priority and it shows in their inability to stop 3rd downs and make big plays.

Old
10-30-2013, 12:53 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Just let me have my dream!

There are a few players from UB I'd love to add to the Giants, but only Mack fills a need (and not that well, unfortunately).

Wide receiver Alex Neutz. I had a class with him back in the day. Kid has the biggest hands I've ever seen in-person, a magnet for the ball. He's making Licata look good this year. 7 TDs has him tied for 15th in the FBS. 628 yards on 39 receptions. Also handles some punt returning for the team - I think they trust his hands more than anyone.

Running back Brandon Oliver. Remember this name. Reminds me so much of Ahmad Bradshaw. Not the biggest guy, but he has the ability to hit the hole with speed, disappear under a slew of players, and appear on the other side of the field with a full-head of steam. Listed at 5'8" 208lbs. Legs the size of tree trunks. 874 yards on 180 rushes this season is good for 15th in the FBS. Has gotten into the end zone 9 times.

DE/DT - Colby Way. More suited as a DE, sometimes lines up at DT for the Bulls. He benefits a lot from having Mack out there. He's a junior, so I don't know if he'll leave for the draft. I would be surprised if he did.

I think Neutz and Oliver will end up being taken near the fourth round. Mack is going in the first-round, no doubt.

On another note - Way to go, TT!

https://twitter.com/NotoriousOHM/sta...71300963323904
As a UB grad, this makes me happy. I was there when Starks and Naaman Roosevelt were around. I was sure Roosevelt was going to be a NFL player. His hands were fantastic and he was a good route runner. I saw him play in the pre-season and just light it up. Too bad.

I knew Starks would do well in the NFL. Very smart, all-around half-back. I was begging for the Giants to take him in his draft year.

Old
10-30-2013, 12:54 PM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
In fantasy this week my team put up 165 points with huge numbers from Dez Bryant, Darren McFadden, Stevie Johnsons and Dan Bailey (31pts from the kicker!)

Too bad i still lost by nearly 100 points. My opponent had Brees, Jordy Nelson, Calvin Johnson, and Knowshon Moreno

I had the third most points in my league and got absolutely annihilated
Calvin Johnson might have won him that alone, lol, 329 receiving yds in a ridiculous game.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard

Last edited by JeffMangum: 10-30-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old
10-30-2013, 12:57 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
As a UB grad, this makes me happy. I was there when Starks and Naaman Roosevelt were around. I was sure Roosevelt was going to be a NFL player. His hands were fantastic and he was a good route runner. I saw him play in the pre-season and just light it up. Too bad.

I knew Starks would do well in the NFL. Very smart, all-around half-back. I was begging for the Giants to take him in his draft year.
Dude! Same here! I graduated in '12, so my freshman year ('08) was the glory days of Naaman+Willy+Starks.

After the hail mary against Temple that season, when everyone stormed the field I high-fived Naaman, and slapped Drew Willy on the shoulder pads a bunch of times. One of my highlights from UB

I had the same thoughts on Naaman for the exact same reasons. I thought for sure he would make a great #4 for a team. Such consistent ability. And this year with the Bills having their QB troubles, I was hoping they'd give Willy a shot... but Willy seriously suffers from Pennington arm, so I'm not surprised that he couldn't cut it at the NFL level.

There are a few other UB guys 'round these parts. I know for certain that Guess What is a current UB student.

Closed Thread