HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

F Mathias Emilio Pettersen - 2000 Born Norwegian - commited to U of Denver 2018

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-29-2013, 07:28 PM
  #426
Fonzieleaf
Registered User
 
Fonzieleaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Collingwood, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 170
vCash: 500
He finally has his own page on elite prospects because of the tournament

Fonzieleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 12:18 AM
  #427
Franck
En enda känsla...
 
Franck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,202
vCash: 50
I wonder how many years his parents and he will wait before he moves to Sweden. At some point a talent like him needs to leave the small pond and go somewhere more challenging.

Franck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 12:21 AM
  #428
Wizeman*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,622
vCash: 500
All I know is that we are definitely tanking in 2018

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 02:41 AM
  #429
MCDAVIDISH
Registered User
 
MCDAVIDISH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,440
vCash: 50
As an Oiler fan I'm excited for 2018.

MCDAVIDISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 04:22 AM
  #430
zuuc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
http://www.cuponline.se/statistics.a...3385&sumstats=

zuuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 04:32 AM
  #431
zuuc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
http://www.thescoutingnews.com/index...news&Itemid=54


Selects Spring hockey
Allstar team in Naps
http://www.legacyglobalsports.com/pa...all-star-teams

zuuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 09:37 AM
  #432
3 Minute Minor
Registered User
 
3 Minute Minor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Denmark
Posts: 4,507
vCash: 500
been posted probably 3 times now


Quote:
Originally Posted by zuuc View Post
He was on the all-star team with Ethan Lavallee, that 6'6" 13 year old lol

3 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 09:51 AM
  #433
bottomofthefoodchain
Registered User
 
bottomofthefoodchain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,439
vCash: 500
I think his dad has managed to create one of the biggest hype trains of all time

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 09:57 AM
  #434
3 Minute Minor
Registered User
 
3 Minute Minor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Denmark
Posts: 4,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
I think his dad has managed to create one of the biggest hype trains of all time
I don't know how many people are buying into any hype it's mostly people checking in on his progress to see if the youtube gimmick turns into a real prospect.

3 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 10:14 AM
  #435
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33
 
scoutman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
I don't know how many people are buying into any hype it's mostly people checking in on his progress to see if the youtube gimmick turns into a real prospect.
i am still out on his case until i see him play because he is playing in Norway which is not the capital of tough competition for him to play against....BUT he was on the all star team for his age group in the NAPS tournament which is a pretty major tournament which i go to but i never saw him play there, i will be looking out for him next year though.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 10:25 AM
  #436
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33
 
scoutman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
been posted probably 3 times now




He was on the all-star team with Ethan Lavallee, that 6'6" 13 year old lol
the Lavallee kid is on interesting kid....i saw him at the NAPS and for his team Nickle City...the kid is BIG at 6'06/202 he is very physical, strong and good skills, he is the type of player IMO who is a future wild card, he could be one of the best players in the world for his age OR he could be getting by due to his size and some skill....I personally hope he is one of the best so i rank him as just that till other wise.....the kid does have great size now that an NHL player would die for lol and he is actually very skilled and great using his size....this kid has the mean streak, size and skill to keep dominating, he could very well be amazing in the future...lbut if he gets too big since he is 6'6 now and could go to 6'09 to 7'00 if he gets to 7'00 makes you wonder if there is such thing as too big.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 10:32 AM
  #437
3 Minute Minor
Registered User
 
3 Minute Minor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Denmark
Posts: 4,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
the Lavallee kid is on interesting kid....i saw him at the NAPS and for his team Nickle City...the kid is BIG at 6'06/202 he is very physical, strong and good skills, he is the type of player IMO who is a future wild card, he could be one of the best players in the world for his age OR he could be getting by due to his size and some skill....I personally hope he is one of the best so i rank him as just that till other wise.....the kid does have great size now that an NHL player would die for lol and he is actually very skilled and great using his size....this kid has the mean streak, size and skill to keep dominating, he could very well be amazing in the future...lbut if he gets too big since he is 6'6 now and could go to 6'09 to 7'00 if he gets to 7'00 makes you wonder if there is such thing as too big.
If he sprouts to 6'9"-7'00" and he's still athletic, he'll be a crazy defensive D-man Donno why they're keeping him on fwd, I'm sure he's going to get out skated for the next few years unless he's more athletic than the last video I saw, very possibly could be.

He already has an enforcer job locked down worst case scenario

3 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 11:03 AM
  #438
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33
 
scoutman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
If he sprouts to 6'9"-7'00" and he's still athletic, he'll be a crazy defensive D-man Donno why they're keeping him on fwd, I'm sure he's going to get out skated for the next few years unless he's more athletic than the last video I saw, very possibly could be.

He already has an enforcer job locked down worst case scenario
lol your right on that....right now last i saw him he was amazing on offense and his skating is improving.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 04:42 PM
  #439
agentremax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 234
vCash: 500
There is a video of his team (he's #20)

http://www.lik.no/99/nyheter/knuser-...r-tabelltoppen

agentremax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 12:36 AM
  #440
Viking78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Molde
Country: Norway
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
Mathias Emilio Pettersen is going to the US this summer to play for South Kent school in Connecticut.Shattuck St.Mary,s wanted him to but lost to them.Here,s an article about him in a newspaper.It,s in norwegian so you have to use google translate.http://www.nettavisen.no/sport/vinte...t/5164419.html

Viking78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 02:51 AM
  #441
alko
Registered User
 
alko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 2,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking78 View Post
Mathias Emilio Pettersen is going to the US this summer to play for South Kent school in Connecticut.Shattuck St.Mary,s wanted him to but lost to them.Here,s an article about him in a newspaper.It,s in norwegian so you have to use google translate.http://www.nettavisen.no/sport/vinte...t/5164419.html
Soo dear US ice hockey fans. Say us something about this school.
And welcome on board, Mr. "Father of Mathias Emilio Pettersen".

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 03:43 AM
  #442
Viking78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Molde
Country: Norway
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
Soo dear US ice hockey fans. Say us something about this school.
And welcome on board, Mr. "Father of Mathias Emilio Pettersen".
Hehe,sorry but im not the "Father of Mathias Emilio Pettersen"Just a avid hockeyfan from NorwayHere is the link for the school:http://southkentschool.org/

Viking78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 05:09 AM
  #443
Franck
En enda känsla...
 
Franck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,202
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
Soo dear US ice hockey fans. Say us something about this school.
And welcome on board, Mr. "Father of Mathias Emilio Pettersen".
Looking at their wikipedia page, it seems like basketball is their speciality.

Franck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 07:23 AM
  #444
Zaddy Zads
PutSomeRespeckOnIt
 
Zaddy Zads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,551
vCash: 500
Not that I know anything about US schools but I'm surprised he turned down Shattuck-St. Marys if they actually wanted him. Also seems pretty early to make such a big step. 13 years old and moving across the atlantic seems a bit steep. Would probably be better for him to go to Sweden instead, but it's his choice. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Zaddy Zads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 08:45 AM
  #445
DumbaTrain
YouWantSome?
 
DumbaTrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5255 View Post
Not that I know anything about US schools but I'm surprised he turned down Shattuck-St. Marys if they actually wanted him. Also seems pretty early to make such a big step. 13 years old and moving across the atlantic seems a bit steep. Would probably be better for him to go to Sweden instead, but it's his choice. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.
Easy for you to say when your Sweedish.

DumbaTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 08:52 AM
  #446
Dosing
Registered User
 
Dosing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Edenryd
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinX View Post
Easy for you to say when your Sweedish.
Cmon we dont bite

But there are teams and hockeyschools which focuses alot on individual developing where he would probably fit well.

Dosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 09:30 AM
  #447
Zaddy Zads
PutSomeRespeckOnIt
 
Zaddy Zads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinX View Post
Easy for you to say when your Sweedish.
It has nothing to do with me being swedish. I just think it's easier for him to move somewhere close when he's that young. Closer to home, pretty much same culture and language. Aside from all that Sweden is as good of a place as any to develop.

Zaddy Zads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 11:02 AM
  #448
nanzenkills
Registered User
 
nanzenkills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario, California
Country: United States
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking78 View Post
Mathias Emilio Pettersen is going to the US this summer to play for South Kent school in Connecticut.Shattuck St.Mary,s wanted him to but lost to them.Here,s an article about him in a newspaper.It,s in norwegian so you have to use google translate.http://www.nettavisen.no/sport/vinte...t/5164419.html
I'm really surprised that they would choose South Kent over Shattuck St. Mary's if they were indeed given the choice. I don't know much about South Kent, but according to their Wikipedia page, their most notable hockey alumnus is Shayne Gostisbehere, who is a solid prospect but has yet to establish himself as an NHLer. Shattuck has a lot of recognizable hockey names to their credit (Ryan Malone, Jack Johnson, Kyle Okposo just a few off the top of my head) even if you take away the superstar level talents that have gone through there.

EDIT: Added NHL regulars to examples of SSM Alumni


Last edited by nanzenkills: 02-17-2014 at 11:18 AM.
nanzenkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 11:16 AM
  #449
Viking78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Molde
Country: Norway
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanzenkills View Post
I'm really surprised that they would choose South Kent over Shattuck St. Mary's if they were indeed given the choice. I don't know much about South Kent, but according to their Wikipedia page, their most notable hockey alumnus is Shayne Gostisbehere, who is a solid prospect but has yet to establish himself as an NHLer. Shattuck has a lot of recognizable hockey names to their credit (Cammarata, McCoshen just two off the top of my head) even if you take away the superstar level talents that have gone through there.
Mathias and his parents visited the school last year and was impressed of what they saw.Also South Kent is more easy to get to from Norway if they wanna visit him,direct plane from Oslo to New York.Shattuck st.mary,s in Minnesota is bit far away.The kid has not turned 14 yet and is coming to a new country and away from his familiar surroundings.I don,t know that for sure but i would guess that was taken in considiration.

Viking78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 11:29 AM
  #450
GuillaumeLetsundress*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanzenkills View Post
I'm really surprised that they would choose South Kent over Shattuck St. Mary's if they were indeed given the choice. I don't know much about South Kent, but according to their Wikipedia page, their most notable hockey alumnus is Shayne Gostisbehere, who is a solid prospect but has yet to establish himself as an NHLer. Shattuck has a lot of recognizable hockey names to their credit (Ryan Malone, Jack Johnson, Kyle Okposo just a few off the top of my head) even if you take away the superstar level talents that have gone through there.

EDIT: Added NHL regulars to examples of SSM Alumni
Crosby? Mackinnon? lol

list goes on, surprising decision though... must be some other reasons

GuillaumeLetsundress* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.