Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Northern Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Danes in the NHL 2013-14

Old
10-27-2013, 09:32 PM
Bank

vCash: 500
Frederik Andersen is really, really, really easy to get excited over. I'm trying hard not to but damn he's the kind of goalie you'd want anchoring your team. Saw Anaheims twitter asked for nicknames for him. I thought of: The Crown Prince, Big Bad Freddy and Ginger Jesus/Ninja. Some of the best replies I saw on twitter was: Big Red, The Dominating Dane, Andes Mountain, The Danish Duck...

A late note on the Phillip Larsen. I'm not completely sold on the idea of him as a forward. This offensive thing... it's not like he's put up notable numbers until he hit Dallas' AHL-team. So it's not what got him this far. That said: Never be afraid of change.

Not gonna put to much in the game where Omark scored 4 goals(And was he a -1? Wut? How do you do that?) and where Philip seems to have been on the D for all of his 3 assists. Actually they dressed 6 D-men including Philip Larsen for that game. The games where they did dress 7 d-men I can only find signs of him being on ice at the same time as two other D-men in the game against Texas. Both games against San Antonio he seems to have been playing D.

Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 10:20 PM
admire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Frederik Andersen is really, really, really easy to get excited over. I'm trying hard not to but damn he's the kind of goalie you'd want anchoring your team. Saw Anaheims twitter asked for nicknames for him. I thought of: The Crown Prince, Big Bad Freddy and Ginger Jesus/Ninja. Some of the best replies I saw on twitter was: Big Red, The Dominating Dane, Andes Mountain, The Danish Duck...

A late note on the Phillip Larsen. I'm not completely sold on the idea of him as a forward. This offensive thing... it's not like he's put up notable numbers until he hit Dallas' AHL-team. So it's not what got him this far. That said: Never be afraid of change.

Not gonna put to much in the game where Omark scored 4 goals(And was he a -1? Wut? How do you do that?) and where Philip seems to have been on the D for all of his 3 assists. Actually they dressed 6 D-men including Philip Larsen for that game. The games where they did dress 7 d-men I can only find signs of him being on ice at the same time as two other D-men in the game against Texas. Both games against San Antonio he seems to have been playing D.

Just found this short goalie related podcast where they are very impressed with Frederik Andersen. They are saying that he is a ready NHL keeper and should never be send back down.
http://www.thegoalieguild.com/2013/1...ersen-bachman/

I love Andes Mountain and Ginger Jesus!:p Too bad he has no soul:-(

What can Anaheim do but to start him next game? Hiller started againts Toronto and they lost, and Andersen has won his first 3......

The lack of rebounds is btw. the most impressive thing about his play.
I think we are going to see either Fasth or Hiller traded this season. They want Gibson to talk in Norfolk, and he won't if Freddy is there....or will at least have one hell of a fight on his hands.

Oh.....and I think we might be clutching at straws with Larsen......but we kinda have to

Last edited by admire: 10-27-2013 at 11:47 PM.
admire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 01:01 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Boudreau system with goalies is usually simple, if you win the crease is yours.....so i expect andersen to start the next game, real impressed with this guy. he's big and wastes no movement in goal and for the first time that i can ever recall anaheim has a goalie whos good at playing the puck and its making a difference

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 06:59 AM
tokr

I love the way he pushes people around in the crease.

tokr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 07:23 AM
Hockeyfrilla

Wonder how Denmark can produce players to NHL, but Norway cant?

Hockeyfrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 07:23 AM
Justinov

Quote:

I really like the "Andes Mountain" for Frederik Andersen
Big and cool

About Philip Larsen he probably still have the best change by bulking up a lot (Lars Eller) and hope he can find a team willing to bet on him as a defender.
If not then who knows what they'll do in Edmonton - if they want to play Omark he needs to have some defensive people around him (so why not Larsen as forward?). But if he played the match with 3A as forward or as d-man I don't know (it's hearsay from VikingNuck )
How do you score 4 goals and end with -1 -> probably by never visiting your own zone
It's Omarks lack of defensive and the tons of offensive stars in Edmonton that keeps him from the roster.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2013, 07:35 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Wonder how Denmark can produce players to NHL, but Norway cant?
Because the Norwegians grow "hobbits" (actually Zuccarello scored for Rangers so Norway is on the board).
The breed them for KHL and SHL instead......
3 Norwegians in KHL (1 Dane) - 10 Norwegians in SHL (0 Danes).

Old
10-28-2013, 08:26 AM
Bank

Agree a lot with what admire wrote. Rebound control is what I first noticed. But one is usually biased from their first and/or worst experiences with goalies and their weaknesses. FA seems to have a lot little things that's exciting. Plenty to chose from.

The Norwegian thing. It actually makes it more intriguing if you take into account as Justinov writes that they produce a lot of quality talent that just seems to wound up in the KHL or SEL instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEROLE Vatanen View Post
Boudreau system with goalies is usually simple, if you win the crease is yours.....so i expect andersen to start the next game, real impressed with this guy. he's big and wastes no movement in goal and for the first time that i can ever recall anaheim has a goalie whos good at playing the puck and its making a difference
So if Gibson develops on time Fasth and Hiller will never play again?

As an official representative from the Anaheim() boards how do you see the timetable for a goalie-trade? ASAP, at the deadline or decision to made in the off-season.

Old
10-28-2013, 09:56 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Well right now Fasth is injured, the good news is freddy is going to stay up thru this road trip, as Viktor has been sent back to Anaheim.

A goalie departure is inevitable but may not happen til after this season, however Gibson is playing very well as the starter in Norfolk(3 goals allowed in last 4 starts) and sending freddy back would mean they both split time, and i'm not sure the organization wants that b/c Gibson needs to play, and Andersen may very well be too good for the AHL.

either way, next season Andersen is for sure going to be in the NHL

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 09:35 AM
Justinov

As only Dane in action Lars Eller got out of his little slump, by getting 1A in Montreal's 2-0 over the NY Rangers.

In the AHL Philip Larsen got 1A in Oklahoma's 2-4 loss to San Antonio. (Don't know from what position he played that match).

Old
10-29-2013, 06:49 PM
admire

Hiller is starting againts Philly....Ducks are down 2-0 so far. Hiller not looking bad per say but maybe we will see Freddy.

Old
10-29-2013, 07:38 PM
admire

Peter Regin with a hilarious goal!

Puck bounces off the glove of the goalie, of the stick of a defender and into the goal....2-1 Islanders and the 2nd is almost over

Last edited by admire: 10-29-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old
10-29-2013, 08:34 PM
admire

Islanders lost 3-2:-( Regin with a "goal".....Frans was okay.

Or...they are going to lose in 00.7 seconds after the next faceoff.

Old
10-30-2013, 01:59 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by admire View Post
Peter Regin with a hilarious goal!

Puck bounces off the glove of the goalie, of the stick of a defender and into the goal....2-1 Islanders and the 2nd is almost over
But good for him, since in his situations on the edge of the roster, every goal counts
Also only Danish point last night.

Old
10-30-2013, 02:30 PM
Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
But good for him, since in his situations on the edge of the roster, every goal counts
Also only Danish point last night.
Actually... They've credited Harmonic with the goal. So no points last night

Old
10-30-2013, 11:39 PM
admire

Quote:
Actually... They've credited Harmonic with the goal. So no points last night
Well regin should at least get credit for making the goal despite defensive mishaps

Really hoped thst the islanders would have been better. They played pretty well in other games i watched this season but they were mostly poor against a mediocre rangers team...

But while frans has had better days, you can still see that he is playing differently this season..more direct. Seems to shoot alot more...do you guys think that regin has showed enough to get ice time when islanders get some injuried players back? I have my doubts. ..

Last edited by admire: 10-31-2013 at 12:06 AM.
Old
10-31-2013, 05:38 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

In all Honesty, the games I have seen Regin play for NYI, he has been pisspoor..

Don't see how he can stay on the team.. He looks like he has lost it.. At least what I remember he had.. He does not play with the same tenacity or energy..

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 09:12 AM
Justinov

Since I'm not up late to watch watches and have to settle with highlights I can really speak volumes about the current play of Frans Nielsen & Peter Regin.
But shooting more would normally increase your production, and to be able to shoot more you have to be more direct in your approach.
So it seems likely that Frans Nielsen has been changing his game a little bit as you say "admire", whereas Regin has apparently lost his offensive touch? At least he has some defensive intensity right now, that was lacking last season if I'm correct from what I hear!?

According to the Islanders boards he has been OK as a 3'rd center defensively, but hasn't shown anything really offensively.
Whether he has been "pisspoor" as VikingNuck says is also an opinion by some Islanders fans.

But unless he starts to produce more he will not survive on the 3'rd line much more, and he is not typical 4'th line material.
Can he produce some secondary scoring and keep a good defensive game then he still have a chance season out; but long term there likely wont be room for him on the Islanders.

Old
10-31-2013, 09:42 AM
Bagge

Time is running out for Regin. If this type of play continues, I do not expect Regin in NHL next year. Its a small sample, but you cant get unlimited icetime with strong talent behind you. I have seen most of their games this season and it has not been impressive from his side. Cant score, cant hit, cant even win faceoffs....The real question however is, does Frans rise in points have anything to do with the presence of Regin??

Since no one can read Capuanos thoughts anyones guess is as good as mine, but I would say Regin has 25-30 games of the ordinary season to prove himself. If he dont start producing soon he is will be going to the pressbox and after that he might just as well buy a ticket home to Europe. Which I hope he does. He seemed to find his place in Finland last season. Why not go back there for a few seasons and get back in form. If he finds what he once had, I am sure another NHL club is ready with a contract.

Bagge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 06:47 PM
Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
In all Honesty, the games I have seen Regin play for NYI, he has been pisspoor..

Don't see how he can stay on the team.. He looks like he has lost it.. At least what I remember he had.. He does not play with the same tenacity or energy..
He will never be the player he once was. His words.

Not gonna jump ship on him just yet. The times I've seen him(And as Justinov that's been mostly on highlights) he's been unimpressive but not pisspoor. He's been okay. Sometimes he contributes with some offense sometimes he doesn't. Time will tell. He still need to find his "identity" as player IMO. He needs to identify what "his thing" is. That takes time. If he'll ever get there... meh. 50/50.

Old
11-01-2013, 09:44 AM
Justinov

Quote:
He will never be the player he once was. His words.

Not gonna jump ship on him just yet. The times I've seen him(And as Justinov that's been mostly on highlights) he's been unimpressive but not pisspoor. He's been okay. Sometimes he contributes with some offense sometimes he doesn't. Time will tell. He still need to find his "identity" as player IMO. He needs to identify what "his thing" is. That takes time. If he'll ever get there... meh. 50/50.
Really he has said that?!
That wither means that he has permanent problems after the shoulder injury and/or he is really out of confidence [the first can off course quite naturally lead to the other].
In my opinion if he can stay as a good defensive center he still have a chance, but he still need to contribute more offensively if he wants to avoid ending up on a 4'th line. Since he is not overly physical he will IMO have even less chance surviving on a NHL roster being 4'th line than 3'rd line.....
So if he can get some secondary scoring going he has a chance; but 50/50 sounds also like the odds for me.

No points for Bødker last night, but he did score a great game winner in the Shootout (another Danish backhand of judgement - good to see the Danes borrowing Frans Nielsen's magic).

Last edited by Justinov: 11-01-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old
11-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Bank

Quote:
Really he has said that?!
That wither means that he has permanent problems after the shoulder injury and/or he is really out of confidence [the first can off course quite naturally lead to the other].
In my opinion if he can stay as a good defensive center he still have a chance, but he still need to contribute more offensively if he wants to avoid ending up on a 4'th line. Since he is not overly physical he will IMO have even less chance surviving on a NHL roster being 4'th line than 3'rd line.....
So if he can get some secondary scoring going he has a chance; but 50/50 sounds also like the odds for me.

No points for Bødker last night, but he did score a great game winner in the Shootout (another Danish backhand of judgement - good to see the Danes borrowing Frans Nielsen's magic).
Don't remember the quote word by word but it was in the Jyllands Posten-interview. I think it's meant more as never the same (type) of player and not the same (quality) of player but to some people that'll be the same.

The mental thing was mentioned to. He beat him self up a lot over his last time in Ottawa and he's supposed to have gotten that under control(perhaps with some help from Frans Nielsen?).

Old
11-02-2013, 05:42 AM
Justinov

Another great night for Frans Nielsen.
He scored an equalizer (4-4) against Ottawa and then settled it with the only goal in the shootout. It must have been surprising for all, since he did a "reverse Nielsen" and with a move to his forehand rounded the goalie.
So after 7 missed shootouts in a row (4 last season and 3 this season until last night) he finally got one - maybe what he needed was a new trick.

Regin got no points and neither did Eller that seems to have cooled of lately.

Saw this link on hockeymagasinet.dk about Danish players in the NHL and thought I would put it here as well in case someone missed it:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=22167

With Justin Schultz having a "discomfort" Philip Larsen has been recalled to Edmonton and might play tonight against Detroit.

Last edited by Justinov: 11-02-2013 at 06:29 AM.
Old
11-02-2013, 10:33 PM
admire

Quote:
Since I'm not up late to watch watches and have to settle with highlights I can really speak volumes about the current play of Frans Nielsen & Peter Regin..

Get a viaplay.dk subscription. Its viasats version of netflix and while there isn't anywhere near netflix in terms of content, they do include NHLgamecenter in the deal. You can rewatch every game there

Quote:
Another great night for Frans Nielsen.
He scored an equalizer (4-4) against Ottawa and then settled it with the only goal in the shootout. It must have been surprising for all, since he did a "reverse Nielsen" and with a move to his forehand rounded the goalie.
So after 7 missed shootouts in a row (4 last season and 3 this season until last night) he finally got one - maybe what he needed was a new trick.

Regin got no points and neither did Eller that seems to have cooled of lately.

Saw this link on hockeymagasinet.dk about Danish players in the NHL and thought I would put it here as well in case someone missed it:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=22167

With Justin Schultz having a "discomfort" Philip Larsen has been recalled to Edmonton and might play tonight against Detroit.
"Of the six Danish-born players who have suited up for an NHL team this regular season (Nielsen, Frederik Andersen, Mikkel Boedker, Lars Eller, Jannik Hansen, Peter Regin), four are owned in at least 10 percent of Yahoo Fantasy leagues"

Thats a pretty nice stat...

This comment from the comment section almost made me cry:
"Are these guys in the Olympics? These guys have something like 7 or 8 NHLers with many prospects on the rise. They can make a really solid team!"

Old
11-03-2013, 06:45 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by admire View Post
Get a viaplay.dk subscription. Its viasats version of netflix and while there isn't anywhere near netflix in terms of content, they do include NHLgamecenter in the deal. You can rewatch every game there
Thanks for the tip!
Though with my current day workload I don't have time to see more than highlights...

Otherwise a less good danish night in NHL:

The positive:
Mikkel Bødker got 1G 1A, but missed his shootout attempt.
Great to see him score a finesse goal on a rush from the middle of the ice going right along the boards all towards the goalie and place it pass him into the goal!
I still hope he can get his goal production going (only 3 so far).

Philip Larsen played for Edmonton, but they lost 0-5 to Detroit. Larsen was only -1 and played 16 min, so it sounds ok.

Eller again without any production and -3 -> so not really into a good period.

Frans Nielsen and Peter Regin without points, but Islanders won 3-1 over Boston, so they must have done a pretty good defensive work.

Frederik Andersen was on the bench, so Anaheim had Hiller in goal when they won 6-3 over Buffalo.