HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Sharks Fantasy Football | Season V

Old
09-05-2013, 02:50 AM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerssharks414 View Post
The season starts TOMORROW! Make sure to set your lineup. Good luck this season.
I can't wait, but it's a shame you and I didn't draft Ravens or Broncos. That means I have to wait till Sunday to actually follow the fantasy in both leagues I'm in.

It is also good that I decided not to do much in terms of pick-em or games like that. I'm in two fantasy leagues, 2 Survival leagues, and then the threads here in the Football forum. That's enough.

By the way, isn't it about time to start setting up the Fantasy Hockey stuff? I'm sure there are folks in this forum who know all about it but I would love to be a part of one of the leagues this year.

SJSharksfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 08:21 PM
SharksFan1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie551 View Post
I can't wait, but it's a shame you and I didn't draft Ravens or Broncos. That means I have to wait till Sunday to actually follow the fantasy in both leagues I'm in.

It is also good that I decided not to do much in terms of pick-em or games like that. I'm in two fantasy leagues, 2 Survival leagues, and then the threads here in the Football forum. That's enough.

By the way, isn't it about time to start setting up the Fantasy Hockey stuff? I'm sure there are folks in this forum who know all about it but I would love to be a part of one of the leagues this year.
I'd imagine it will happen in the next couple of weeks. There are usually 4 leagues for the Sharks boards.

SharksFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 10:57 PM
treefiddy
Errr'day Trollin'

Peyton Manning probably single handily won me the match up this week

treefiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2013, 01:15 AM
SharksFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefidy View Post
Peyton Manning probably single handily won me the match up this week
That is exactly what I was thinking.

At least I had Wes Welker.

Old
10-21-2013, 01:20 PM
SJSharksfan39

Yesterday was pretty much a dark day for my fantasy team. I'm willing to do some trades and everyone on my team is available except for Dez Bryant and Drew Brees. Heck, I could make them available if there's some good value to get back from them. With the Waiver wire short, and my team kind of gutted, I might be starting to get a little desperate.

Old
10-29-2013, 06:08 PM
rangerssharks414

Yeah, the waiver wire is kinda empty... that's what happens when you have a 14 team fantasy football league.

rangerssharks414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 06:15 PM
SJSharksfan39

Quote:
Yeah, the waiver wire is kinda empty... that's what happens when you have a 14 team fantasy football league.
To be honest, I'm not sure I like playing fantasy football in this deep a league. It's really about who is lucky and who will have a stud day but when it comes to the waiver wire to improve your team, you really can't. I mean I have a team that has Doug Baldwin, Marcel Reece, and Cole Beasley on it. In any other format, they would be nowhere near my roster, yet there is no one to pick up. Maybe that's the challenge of the game, but it leaves one going into the next week knowing they are going to lose.

Old
10-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Wedontneedroads

Quote:
Geno Smith was my only remaining QB option for my bye week. Ridiculous.

Wedontneedroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2013, 02:15 PM
SJSharksfan39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedontneedroads View Post
Geno Smith was my only remaining QB option for my bye week. Ridiculous.
Are deeper leagues more fun in other sports than they are for Football, and what is the reason for that? Are there just a lack of players in football than there are in Baseball or Hockey? I know you don't play with Defense or the Offensive line, so that's pretty much more than half the team. I've just heard a lot about how it's more challenging to be in deep leagues, yet when the Waiver wire is worth waiving, as it were, how much fun is that?

Old
10-30-2013, 02:53 PM
rangerssharks414

Quote:
Are deeper leagues more fun in other sports than they are for Football, and what is the reason for that? Are there just a lack of players in football than there are in Baseball or Hockey? I know you don't play with Defense or the Offensive line, so that's pretty much more than half the team. I've just heard a lot about how it's more challenging to be in deep leagues, yet when the Waiver wire is worth waiving, as it were, how much fun is that?
I think fantasy basketball is worse in terms of the waiver wire being empty, but deep leagues are more challenging in my opinion, and it takes more skill to win them. It just so happened that we had 14 people interested this year. If there isn't that much interest next year, I guess there will be 12 or 10 teams.

Old
10-30-2013, 02:59 PM
SJSharksfan39

Quote:
I think fantasy basketball is worse in terms of the waiver wire being empty, but deep leagues are more challenging in my opinion, and it takes more skill to win them. It just so happened that we had 14 people interested this year. If there isn't that much interest next year, I guess there will be 12 or 10 teams.
That's cool, I was just curious if there was a difference in sports in regards to how deep a league can be.

Old
10-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Wedontneedroads

Quote:
This is the first league I have been in that is this deep and has this many bench spots. Typically a 14 team league would not allow you to have 7 bench spots. That's where I think the waiver wire issues are coming into play.

So many people can hoard players on their bench, that there really isn't anyone available on waivers.

I have actually played in a league that allowed you to use defensive players. Players earned points for tackles, sacks, interceptions, blocked passes, hurries, etc. It was actually a really interesting league. I think leagues have gone away from that method because it's just not as easy for your every day fantasy football GM to manage.

Hockey, IMO, is the best fantasy sport for deep leagues and deep benches. You can always find someone to contribute to some stat on any given night. Lots of fun.

Baseball is another sport where deep leagues are fun. We only had 12 this year, but I loved our HF Fantasy Baseball season this year, and not just because I won You could always find someone to pick up that could be helpful that day or week.

I agree that deep fantasy basketball leagues suck. That's mainly because of the talent disparity in basketball in general. There are a few excellent players, then a few good, and a lot of mediocre.

Old
10-30-2013, 03:02 PM
rangerssharks414

Quote:
I have actually played in a league that allowed you to use defensive players. Players earned points for tackles, sacks, interceptions, blocked passes, hurries, etc. It was actually a really interesting league. I think leagues have gone away from that method because it's just not as easy for your every day fantasy football GM to manage.
I play in a couple of leagues with defensive players. I like those leagues, but I know they aren't popular. That's why they aren't in this league.

Old
10-30-2013, 03:03 PM
SharksFan1

Quote:
I think deep leagues are much better in hockey, because there are more players that "play". Also most leagues include hits and penalty minutes, so guys that are not top line scores can still contribute to your team in other categories.

In football there are only a handful of guys on each team that are useful for fantasy. Most of the players are linesman, special teams, and play defense where one starting position takes up a whole team.

Old
10-30-2013, 03:06 PM
SharksFan1

Quote:
This is the first league I have been in that is this deep and has this many bench spots. Typically a 14 team league would not allow you to have 7 bench spots. That's where I think the waiver wire issues are coming into play.

So many people can hoard players on their bench, that there really isn't anyone available on waivers.

Hockey, IMO, is the best fantasy sport for deep leagues and deep benches. You can always find someone to contribute to some stat on any given night. Lots of fun.

I agree that deep fantasy basketball leagues suck. That's mainly because of the talent disparity in basketball in general. There are a few excellent players, then a few good, and a lot of mediocre.
Yea, my other league with 10 teams has 6 bench spots and doesn't have the W/T and W/R position, so you don't feel like you are scraping the bottom of the barrel for players on the waiver wire.

Old
11-04-2013, 11:37 PM
Clowe Me

My team sucks, but I just put up the first 200+ point week with 209.

Condor, who i'm playing, has the 2nd highest week. Poor guy.

Clowe Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Wedontneedroads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
My team sucks, but I just put up the first 200+ point week with 209.

Condor, who i'm playing, has the 2nd highest week. Poor guy.
And he had two empty spots on his roster i believe.

Old
11-10-2013, 05:31 AM
rangerssharks414

Just a reminder, the trade deadline is this Friday. I'm not sure what time on Friday, though. The trades have to be agreed to by Friday. I can accept them at a later date, I think, but if a trade does happen to go down on deadline day, I'll accept it unless it's really lopsided (deep leagues tend to have more lopsided deals than shallower leagues from my experiences).

Also, I'm willing to move Darren Sproles for a wide receiver. My RBs are good (and my WRs suck), and I'm actually benching Sproles this week (and in a PPR, that's crazy!).

Edit: And look at 209... started the year 0-2 and has reeled off 7 straight wins... impressive.

Last edited by rangerssharks414: 11-10-2013 at 06:09 AM.
Old
11-26-2013, 07:31 PM
rangerssharks414

Reminder: This is the last week of the regular season. 6 teams make the playoffs, with the top two getting a first round bye.

And I have the second most points, yet I'm 6-6. Ridiculous.

Old
12-03-2013, 04:53 PM
MetropolisPt31

I have 4 teams across ESPN, Yahoo, and NFL.com, and this is the ONE team that didn't make the playoffs.

MetropolisPt31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 05:27 PM

I'll take that first round bye - thank you very much!

209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 10:04 PM
SJSharksfan39

I almost wish there was no consolation bracket. My season was horrible, riddled with injuries, and a waiver wire that didn't mean a damn thing.

Old
12-03-2013, 10:20 PM
Clowe Me

ZOMG! My team came back from the abyss to get the 6th seed.

Clowe Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2013, 10:25 AM
Wedontneedroads

Matchups don't favor me next week, but crazier things have happened!

Going for trophy #2 of the fantasy triple crown...

Old
12-16-2013, 01:56 PM
rangerssharks414

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSharksfan39 View Post
I almost wish there was no consolation bracket. My season was horrible, riddled with injuries, and a waiver wire that didn't mean a damn thing.
I only opened the league to 14 teams since there were that many people interested. It looks like we had a few teams that quit after the draft. I'll make sure to limit it to 12 next year. Maybe I'll eliminate a few roster spots as well. I feel like the deeper the league, the more skill it takes. Still though, yeah the waiver wire was empty. Like I said earlier in this thread, deep basketball leagues are even worse.