Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Czech translation needed - Taticek

Old
10-16-2006, 07:44 AM
sk84fun_dc

vCash: 500
Czech translation needed - Taticek

Thanks in advance if someone can translate this news piece into English, which I assume provides information regarding why Taticek left the Hershey Bears after one game.

Just a comment about the situation, if it was playing time/hockey reasons, his timing was not great as Steckel, one of the Bears' centers, was injured this weekend. If it was about opportunities with the Capitals, he was definitely starting the season deep on the depth chart since he was not invited to the Caps training camp, but there could have been an opportunity if he played well in Hershey.

Translate this news link please

note: if someone translates this, I plan to post the summary on the Hershey Bears thread in the Washington Capitals section - thanks

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 12:21 PM
tommy5

Taticek said: I wanted to play in NHL. They send me to Hershey. I wanted to fight for my place and play in 1st line. But the coach put me to 4th line, where you have no space to show your skills.
So I decided to move back home. Now my agent is searching for some good european club in Switzerland, Sweden or Finland. I am still player of Czech league team Kladno, but I don´t know yet where I will play. In one or two years, I would like to try go back to NHL. If I will play well in Europe, it could be a good step for my way back to USA.

tommy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 01:02 PM
sk84fun_dc

Thanks for the summary; I figured it was about ice time and his role on the team. Hershey has depth, but injuries will occur, they already have, and he could have earned more ice time with strong performances.

I thought it was a little strange that the Caps chose to not invite Taticek as well as 2 others to their training camp, but it was clear from following the team, he was going to have to earn his playing time with the Bears and a look from the Caps.

So now the only remaining question is whether he left with permission or was suspended as there are conflicting reports in the media here.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 02:17 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Oh, I'll just use this thread instead.

"Možná už ve čtvrtek večer bude mít jasno o své nejbližší hokejové budoucnosti český reprezentační obránce Jan Platil. Po utkání s Finskem v Helsinkách má domluvené jednání se zástupci švédské Frölundy. Třiadvacetiletý zadák před několika dny rozvázal smlouvu ve finském klubu Lukko Rauma a ligový zápas nehrál už tři týdny."

Could anyone please translate that text for me and several other Frölunda fans? Would be much appreciated.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 03:47 AM
Rexor

It says Platil will meet people from Frolunda after Thursday game against Finland
to discuss his possible contract with the Swedish franchise. He left Lukko Rauma
three weaks ago and hasn' t played a single game since that.

Rexor is offline   Reply With Quote