Notices

Jordan Sigalet

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2004, 09:00 AM
Kirk- NEHJ

vCash: 500
Jordan Sigalet

Continues to show why he is IMO, the no. 2 goalie prospect behind Hannu Toivonen for the Bruins organization as of now.

He stopped 76 of 79 shots to earn a split against Michigan State this weekend (1-0 loss, 3-2 win- 40 saves) and has played every minute in net thus far for the Fighting Falcons.

He has a .915 save percentage and 2.78 GAA despite a 6-12-6 record on a weak (that's being charitable) BGSU squad. Sigalet is carrying his team on his back right now...watch for this guy to bring even more depth into the Boston system.

I hope they sign him and give him a shot. He's been immense for his team.

Old
01-18-2004, 04:59 PM
JimmyV

Send a message via AIM to JimmyV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ
Continues to show why he is IMO, the no. 2 goalie prospect behind Hannu Toivonen for the Bruins organization as of now.

He stopped 76 of 79 shots to earn a split against Michigan State this weekend (1-0 loss, 3-2 win- 40 saves) and has played every minute in net thus far for the Fighting Falcons.

He has a .915 save percentage and 2.78 GAA despite a 6-12-6 record on a weak (that's being charitable) BGSU squad. Sigalet is carrying his team on his back right now...watch for this guy to bring even more depth into the Boston system.

I hope they sign him and give him a shot. He's been immense for his team.
ALWAYS nice to have another legit-prospect, for down the road. Thanks for the update Kirk.

Old
01-18-2004, 05:57 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Mmmmmmmm

yummmm...depth at goal!

Thanks for the info, as always!

Old
01-18-2004, 06:27 PM
BeantownBilly

Great News!!!

Having had the pleasure of watching Siggy play a couple of years here in Victoria I can assure you that the kid was awesome most nights, facing tons of shots and was the backbone of the "Salsa"...... thanks for the update Kirk and lets hope he continues progressing and makes the show!!!

Last edited by BeantownBilly: 01-18-2004 at 07:46 PM.
Old
01-18-2004, 06:28 PM
ostiguy

Can he clear the puck off the glass and not into the netting?

Who would of thought that our free agent goaltender would be neck and neck with our free agent enforcer for PIM?

Old
01-18-2004, 06:37 PM
Edler Von Gud

Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
Awesome, thanks for the info. I remember Siggy from his days here in Victoria, best goalie I've ever seen in the BCHL besides maybe Lenevue. He single handily won the BCHL championship one year, I'm not surprised he's doing good at Bowling Green. Good luck to Siggy.

Old
01-18-2004, 07:42 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

I love watching "Siggy" play.

He is a real battler- makes insane saves that defy logic. Last year, he threw a real scare into Michigan during the CCHA playoffs, even though his team came out on the short end.

At the 2001 draft, I was told that Sigalet was unreal in the BCHL playoffs that year for the Salsa...that he really stoned Milan Gajic and carried his Victoria team to the championship as you guys mentioned.

Once again- Sigalet has these hard to quantify intangibles. He's a winner. Sure- he's playing on a poor team now, but BGSU is winning games because they're getting great goaltending. All of this will only serve to toughen him up mentally so that when he takes that next step to the pro ranks, facing adversity won't be too tough for him to deal with. The key thing is that he's always been consistent, which probably means that he'll do the same when he turns pro.

Having several outstanding goalie prospects is a great problem to have. Any one or more of these players could pan out, which will allow Boston to potentially move them to acquire assets elsewhere. This is how you build a strong organization, and it all starts with who you have in net. Sigalet is obviously a long-term project, but I wouldn't count him out of possibly working his way into the NHL picture with Boston someday.

He's just really impressed each time I've been able to watch him.

Old
01-19-2004, 05:23 AM
neelynugs

kirk- what's his style like? how big is he? how's his puckhandling? flaws/strengths? thanks

Old
01-19-2004, 12:56 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
kirk- what's his style like? how big is he? how's his puckhandling? flaws/strengths? thanks
Style: Hybrid goalie- similar to Ron Tugnutt or Kirk McLean. Good butterfly, but also willing to stand up and keep his feet.

Size: 6-1, 190

Puckhandling: average to below average. Needs to improve it. For Kaltiainen, it is a strength. Sigalet is similar to Potvin in the way he handles the puck.

Strengths: Winning attitude- never quits on the play. Great reflexes...mentally tough...able to steal games

Flaws: Positioning could be better...at times is forced to make acrobatic saves because he gets out of position...puckhandling

There you go.

Old
01-19-2004, 01:05 PM
misterjaggers

The Bruins have gone from famine to feast in terms of goalie depth. Thanks for the update Kirk!

Old
01-19-2004, 01:10 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Style: Hybrid goalie- similar to Ron Tugnutt or Kirk McLean. Good butterfly, but also willing to stand up and keep his feet.

Puckhandling: average to below average. Needs to improve it. For Kaltiainen, it is a strength. Sigalet is similar to Potvin in the way he handles the puck.

Strengths: Winning attitude- never quits on the play. Great reflexes...mentally tough...able to steal games

Flaws: Positioning could be better...at times is forced to make acrobatic saves because he gets out of position...puckhandling

There you go.
thanks buddy- it's good to be able to paint a picture of what this guy is like, since i don't have direcTV anymore, and can't see the college games

Old
01-19-2004, 02:54 PM
pei_bruins

Send a message via MSN to pei_bruins
Quote:

There you go.
I like the picture that you paint of Sigalet. His flaws are things that can be coached. If he works hard and improves his positioning and puckhandling to average NHL levels, then he could easily be a solid backup/decent #1 in the NHL.

I like having goalies in the system with his attributes because they can be coached. A goalie who has perfect positioning and puckhandling, but lacks size/reflexes/mental toughness, isn't much good, because those are things that can't really be coached.

Sigalet is much more of a longshot than Rayzor or Hannu, but I like what he brings, and you can never have too many quality goalie prospects.

Old
01-19-2004, 03:11 PM
Newfie Bruin

Send a message via MSN to Newfie Bruin
Thanks Kirk!! Just wondering when the next prospect update will be (First Half of season). My bet is Sigalet went up!!again!!

Old
01-19-2004, 09:07 PM
Schlep Rock

As much as a prospect Jordan is... his brother Jonathan is a sleeper over at Bowling Green.

Closed Thread