HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Olli Jokinen wants out of Florida

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2004, 05:33 PM
Coffey77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
I didn't knock Smith's play. In fact I didn't say a single thing about him other than his financial status. Any RFA over the age of 28 would be an idiot, imo, if they signed before the new CBA gets finalized. No one stands to gain more than the 28-30 yr old RFA to be.
When exactly is his birthdate? I know he was born in 1973 so he will turn 31 sometime this year.That's the UFA age i think.

Hatcher was born in 1972 and was signed as a UFA last year.

Old
01-18-2004, 06:39 PM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's not on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffey77
When exactly is his birthdate? I know he was born in 1973 so he will turn 31 sometime this year.That's the UFA age i think.

Hatcher was born in 1972 and was signed as a UFA last year.
Smith has a November birthdate-- July 1 is the cut-off for UFA status; Smith misses it by a few months.

Old
01-18-2004, 06:50 PM
Coffey77

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
Smith has a November birthdate-- July 1 is the cut-off for UFA status; Smith misses it by a few months.
ok, thanks.

with a new CBA coming it will be interesting to see how many RFA's and UFA's resign with their team.

Old
01-18-2004, 07:16 PM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
I didn't knock Smith's play. In fact I didn't say a single thing about him other than his financial status. Any RFA over the age of 28 would be an idiot, imo, if they signed before the new CBA gets finalized. No one stands to gain more than the 28-30 yr old RFA to be.
what your saying isnt true though because players who, under current CBA rules are not RFA, would not become UFAs when/if the new one is signed since the new CBA takes effect after the current one ends, so unless they (the owners and NHLPA) agree to making the new agreement retroactive to say, the end of the cup finals (which wouldnt make much sense since the current CBA covers the time frame from the end of the cup finals to sept 1st or whatever) ..

as long as the new CBA isnt made to be retroactivce, then he would still have RFA status.. the only way for teams to lose out on players would be because they wouldnt qualify them and such since the lockout is in effect, but at that time im sure the NHLPA and the NHL would come to some sorta agreement in regards to that as well to allow players to sign and such in a manner fair to the teams and players.. .. this is of course my opinion and such but it seems most likely and as far as i know makes sense

Old
01-18-2004, 07:46 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule
I honestly don't think that Olli would ask for one. Maybe he'd like one but as the captain, he would never ask for one IMO.

If he did, then hopefully we can get a young hard hitting dman and a 20 goal scoring younger (under 26) forward.
What about Denis Gauthier and Chuck Kobasew (good skills, Flames are developing him nice and slowly under Sutter) for Olli.

Old
01-18-2004, 08:02 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames
What about Denis Gauthier and Chuck Kobasew (good skills, Flames are developing him nice and slowly under Sutter) for Olli.
Every trade proposal from Calgary contains Gauthier. What stock does he have? Very little!

The Panthers do not want Gauthier. He is 27 and not that big of an upgrade over our non-top 4 guys. Kobasew is a pretty good start.

Phaneuf would be nice because he is exactly what we need, but doubtful you would trade him. What would it take if you would trade him?

Old
01-18-2004, 08:07 PM
Clash*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman08
what your saying isnt true though because players who, under current CBA rules are not RFA, would not become UFAs when/if the new one is signed since the new CBA takes effect after the current one ends, so unless they (the owners and NHLPA) agree to making the new agreement retroactive to say, the end of the cup finals (which wouldnt make much sense since the current CBA covers the time frame from the end of the cup finals to sept 1st or whatever) ..

as long as the new CBA isnt made to be retroactivce, then he would still have RFA status.. the only way for teams to lose out on players would be because they wouldnt qualify them and such since the lockout is in effect, but at that time im sure the NHLPA and the NHL would come to some sorta agreement in regards to that as well to allow players to sign and such in a manner fair to the teams and players.. .. this is of course my opinion and such but it seems most likely and as far as i know makes sense
Sept 15th the present CBA expires. As of the signing of a new CBA, any unsigned RFA's would become UFA, hence the statement. No matter how you look at it, before anyone plays next season, new rules will be in effect, and until then, I personally wouldn't sign anywhere if I was one of the RFA's between 28-30.

Old
01-18-2004, 08:15 PM
Stephen

I'd love to see Jokinen come to Toronto. I wonder if Dudley still has a woody for Nik Antropov? Toronto would obviously have to throw in some more..

Old
01-18-2004, 08:32 PM
PantherBlood6*

From today's Sun-Sentinel....

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/h...ports-panthers

Contrary to a report Sunday in New York, Dudley, also the Panthers' general manager, says Jokinen has not asked to be traded.

"An outright lie," Dudley said of the story. "In fact, the only time he's ever come to me is out of concern when there are stories that he's being shopped."

While there's no doubt Jokinen thrived under former coach Mike Keenan and hasn't always meshed with Dudley, his only NHL success has come in Florida, where he's captain and just moved into a new home with his wife and daughter in Coral Springs.

Last month, Jokinen also went to owner Alan Cohen concerned that he was being shopped. Cohen assured a relieved Jokinen he wouldn't be traded.

Old
01-18-2004, 08:33 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Yeah, Saprykin and Gauthier were the two I was thinking of. Or Vishnevski and Chistov for Jokinen and Hagman.
we're thin enough on the blueline, I like Jokinen but we're pretty good down the middle in terms of the future with Getzlaf and Brent.

it would probley have to be Brent/Getzlaf and Popovic for Jokinen for the trade to work out for both sides...at this point and time Vishnevski is the last guy the ducks should trade IMO.

Old
01-18-2004, 09:40 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

jokinen is just the kind of guy LA should go for if they make any trade...he's a center, because allison probably wont be back next year...he's only 25 and he's got the potential to be kinda like a forsberg...
if the kings make any trade, this guy would be a good start to building for next year, whenever tat will be

Old
01-19-2004, 03:03 AM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKF37
From today's Sun-Sentinel....

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/h...ports-panthers

Contrary to a report Sunday in New York, Dudley, also the Panthers' general manager, says Jokinen has not asked to be traded.

"An outright lie," Dudley said of the story. "In fact, the only time he's ever come to me is out of concern when there are stories that he's being shopped."

While there's no doubt Jokinen thrived under former coach Mike Keenan and hasn't always meshed with Dudley, his only NHL success has come in Florida, where he's captain and just moved into a new home with his wife and daughter in Coral Springs.

Last month, Jokinen also went to owner Alan Cohen concerned that he was being shopped. Cohen assured a relieved Jokinen he wouldn't be traded.
For a guy always worried about being shopped (and plenty of assurances that he isn't), I find it funny that this previous article had Jokinen asking for a trade. Sounds like we can stop the proposals now if he doesn't want to be traded and the team doesn't want to trade him.

Old
01-19-2004, 05:44 AM
Volcanologist
Used Register

Heh.

5 pages over a Larry Brooks lie?

Old
01-19-2004, 06:41 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
I'd love to see Jokinen come to Toronto. I wonder if Dudley still has a woody for Nik Antropov? Toronto would obviously have to throw in some more..
Now you're talking

Old
01-19-2004, 07:38 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
I honestly don't think that Olli would ask for one. Maybe he'd like one but as the captain, he would never ask for one IMO.

If he did, then hopefully we can get a young hard hitting dman and a 20 goal scoring younger (under 26) forward.

How about a package of Craig Rivet and Marcel Hossa from Montreal for Oli would that work? If not what would it take to get Oli in Montreal?

Old
01-19-2004, 06:09 PM
ParisSaintGermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan
If he truly is asking for a trade, I'm sure the Coyotes would be interested, but I have no idea what the Panthers want. Jokinen is big and is a former 1st round pick. He is struggling. Mike Barnett would love him.
I agree! The Coyotes would love a number 1 center like Jokinen. They wanted size last year and went for Gratton who hasn't really delivered anything yet and Jokinen would be a good fit in this young lineup.
Communication look to work fine between the two franchises as the Coyotes picked up Novotelsev a few weeks ago.
Now who would they give to Florida? well I don't really think Phoenix wants to give up any high draft picks as their first pick in the 2003 entry draft was at only around 70th position because of previous trades. Obviously Burke doesn't enter in this equation either, except in a three way trade. Maybe Gratton+Kolanos ? as sadly It looks like the management has been highly disappointed with Kolanos. He looked a terrific prospect and I hope he will still achieve a great career but it is turning right now in the same kind of situation as Danny Briere was... Flying between the AHL and the NHL. Maybe a move will do him good.

Old
01-19-2004, 09:18 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund
How about a package of Craig Rivet and Marcel Hossa from Montreal for Oli would that work? If not what would it take to get Oli in Montreal?
I knew this would happen. Did you see my post on the other page.

Rivet.....too expensive but if cheaper, maybe.

Hossa....well, if you are offering him he must suck.

Hossa has sucked and isn't playing up to his potential.

Any deal would have to involve one or more of

Komisarek
Balej
Perezhogin

I'd also be willing to deal a 5th to MTL for M-A Thinel. He could be a top player if he works hard. His offense is SICK.

Old
01-19-2004, 09:23 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisSaintGermain
I agree! The Coyotes would love a number 1 center like Jokinen. They wanted size last year and went for Gratton who hasn't really delivered anything yet and Jokinen would be a good fit in this young lineup.
Communication look to work fine between the two franchises as the Coyotes picked up Novotelsev a few weeks ago.
Now who would they give to Florida? well I don't really think Phoenix wants to give up any high draft picks as their first pick in the 2003 entry draft was at only around 70th position because of previous trades. Obviously Burke doesn't enter in this equation either, except in a three way trade. Maybe Gratton+Kolanos ? as sadly It looks like the management has been highly disappointed with Kolanos. He looked a terrific prospect and I hope he will still achieve a great career but it is turning right now in the same kind of situation as Danny Briere was... Flying between the AHL and the NHL. Maybe a move will do him good.
From the yotes, not gratton.
Give us one or more of

Kolanos
Sjostrom
Spiller (he has to be involved)
Taffe

Spiller and Sjostrom

for

Jokinen and Hagman

Sorry, I don't know how highly regarded Sjostrom is.

I would never trade Jokinen as he's lighting it up now and he is a player who we would not get equal value for. IMO Jokinen will crack 30 goals this year. He has played solid in the past 2 with 3 goals and is playing like last year. We would need some immediate help on d and o.

Closed Thread