HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL II - 11/8: Oilers Go Insane.

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2013, 12:56 PM
BBKers

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
yeah. not good. wunder what it would have taken? moot point anyway

Old
10-31-2013, 12:57 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
He also has history playing with VL
and has more grit than this whole Rangers team and can play in the top 6. i love how other teams can find these type except the Rangers. i guess Rangers management loves having a team with no grit guts or heart... this is team is so soft that Richards had to throw punches at the end of the Isladners game but I guess AV loves soft teams

Old
10-31-2013, 12:59 PM
In Disgust

apparently downie had issues with Landeskog link

And also just got demoted from 1st line; maybe threw a real fit and Roy/Sakic didn't like the attitude.

Old
10-31-2013, 01:00 PM
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist

Ya know people, there's always that chance that Sakic didn't even contact the Rangers...

Scary thought I know right

Old
10-31-2013, 01:01 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Disgust View Post
apparently downie had issues with Landeskog link

And also just got demoted from 1st line; maybe threw a real fit and Roy/Sakic didn't like the attitude.
All of which would explain why the guy got dealt, not why the return for him was so low.

Old
10-31-2013, 01:06 PM
In Disgust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
All of which would explain why the guy got dealt, not why the return for him was so low.
Fighting with your team's poster boy and the new coach who's working wonders for the team doesn't really scream "great deal." But I see your point. Not to mention Downie's never been a consistent player. Most games in a season he has played has been 79, after that (not including the lockout) was 57 games.

Last edited by In Disgust: 10-31-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old
10-31-2013, 01:14 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
and has more grit than this whole Rangers team and can play in the top 6. i love how other teams can find these type except the Rangers. i guess Rangers management loves having a team with no grit guts or heart... this is team is so soft that Richards had to throw punches at the end of the Isladners game but I guess AV loves soft teams
Please tell me what this has to do with AV.

Old
10-31-2013, 01:20 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
it just seems like the Rangers were always backing each other up with Torts and with AV it seems like they skate away or dont even react when a dirty hit and expect the ref to settle it for them.. Rick Nash hit, then the Islanders game Richards throwing punches of all players.. its pretty sad.. i cant recall a soft team making the playoffs and actually going far except the Red Wings who have way more talent than this team....Hawks arent a huge team but they always back each other up when it calls for it.. they have grit and heart. if someone knees Brad Richards, and you think anyone on his line would drop the gloves to stick up for him, nope i dont... maybe J.Moore and Dorsett later in the game, but that is about it....

Old
10-31-2013, 01:22 PM
In Disgust

Quote:
All issues the rangers ever have are either with coaches or team toughness. that's why we need Tie Domi to be our new coach

Old
10-31-2013, 01:25 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
it just seems like the Rangers were always backing each other up with Torts and with AV it seems like they skate away or dont even react when a dirty hit and expect the ref to settle it for them.. Rick Nash hit, then the Islanders game Richards throwing punches of all players.. its pretty sad.. i cant recall a soft team making the playoffs and actually going far except the Red Wings who have way more talent than this team....Hawks arent a huge team but they always back each other up when it calls for it.. they have grit and heart. if someone knees Brad Richards, and you think anyone on his line would drop the gloves to stick up for him, nope i dont... maybe J.Moore and Dorsett later in the game, but that is about it....
Isn't that slightly on Sather for his construction of the team?

Also, isn't it a good sign for EVERY player to get involved in those things? You call for players to back eachother up and then say you don't want Richards doing it? I give him props, that showed guts and great emotion.

Do I want more players who can play the game and defend their teammates? Of course. But it's not AV's fault they don't have any/many of these guys.

Old
10-31-2013, 01:25 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Did you completely forget that last year happened?

Old
10-31-2013, 01:43 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
What??? In one breathe you complain they don't back each other up, and then in the next breathe you are complaining Richards was throwing punches? You need to take a step back and figure it out.

Hagelin ran Okposo. Clutterbuck went after him. Richards defended him.

Zucc laid a bad hit on Grabner. Staal and other rangers rushed in to defend Zucc.

All you do is complain, complain, and complain again about team toughness. This team struggled to identify themselves with the new system to start the year. They are still adjusting but getting better. When you are more comfortable with the system everything comes together. I thought the team toughness was absolutely there on Tuesday night. They brought it every period. They played hard all 60 on the second half of a back to back. It was a great effort.

Old
10-31-2013, 01:44 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Not pleased Downie is back in the division.

10-31-2013, 01:45 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

I wanna say good luck to Manny Malhotra who just signed with Hurricanes on a 2 way contract.http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=689361

Old
10-31-2013, 01:51 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

I watch other teams and when their teammates get hit by a cheap shot they react right away. The Rangers usually wait for the refs to settle it... its funny how Nash stuck up for Stepan but yet no one stuck up for Nash. It's pretty sad...

Old
10-31-2013, 02:19 PM
Bullseyes

The main board is so ignorant when it comes to the Varlamov situation it's amazing.

Quote:
Isn't that slightly on Sather for his construction of the team?

Also, isn't it a good sign for EVERY player to get involved in those things? You call for players to back eachother up and then say you don't want Richards doing it? I give him props, that showed guts and great emotion.

Do I want more players who can play the game and defend their teammates? Of course. But it's not AV's fault they don't have any/many of these guys.
Yes. I don't see how that's on AV.

Old
10-31-2013, 02:23 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Looks bad for the Avs on the surface based on the talent package, but I think Talbot will be a good addition even if he isn't as good offensively. Max is a really good person and should be a nice veteran presence for the locker room. He also takes some pressure off of ROR and Stastny to have to kill penalties. Downie is a bit of an ego. I'm one of the few, but I like it more for the Avs than the Flyers.

Old
10-31-2013, 02:50 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Agreed, I hated playing against him in his first stint with the Flyers, so dirty and out of control. He was also involved in the infamous Anisimov gun snipe celebration, he left the bench and threw a punch at Anisimov. Welcome back, Downie.

Old
10-31-2013, 05:14 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Just think. We could've traded Boyle and a mid-round pick for Downie and added a RH shot for the 2nd PP unit. Of course, who knows who the Avs even negotiated with.
why boyle.. guy is useful..

pyatt and whatever other piece to get it done..

Old
10-31-2013, 05:34 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
why boyle.. guy is useful..

pyatt and whatever other piece to get it done..
It took a useful player to get Downie.

Old
10-31-2013, 09:05 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
yep it sucks. Lets get Steve Ott . He should be on the UFA target list for a lot of teams though

Old
10-31-2013, 09:56 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
yep it sucks. Lets get Steve Ott . He should be on the UFA target list for a lot of teams though
he will be overpaid big time bust of the offseason

Old
11-01-2013, 07:58 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
he will be overpaid big time bust of the offseason
Doesn't it depend on what he signs for?

Old
11-01-2013, 08:59 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Doesn't it depend on what he signs for?
1st time as an UFA i believe teams will overpay for him.

Old
11-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Guess what obscure former Rangers property is playing for Colorado?

Closed Thread