HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Around the NHL III

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2013, 07:40 AM
hockey diva

vCash: 500
There is the distraction factor. But I think the Avs will continue to do well for the time being. Winning begets winning. They have a lot of confidence right now.

Old
10-31-2013, 12:37 PM
utkpred

Downie to the Flyers for Max Talbot - official

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=689353

Old
10-31-2013, 01:41 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkpred View Post
Downie to the Flyers for Max Talbot - official

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=689353
Weren't Avs fans justifying what a fantastic player he was, skilled and tough, in the wake of the Josi hit?

Talbot's best years are behind him. Strange move. Moving Stastny, or is Downie just that big a pain in the ass?

Last edited by Iron Duke: 10-31-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old
10-31-2013, 01:58 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

He's accused of kicking her in the chest

Old
10-31-2013, 02:10 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
I just don't see anything coming out of this. Probably settled before trial, even assuming it is as bad as it sounds.

I'm finding the attitude of the discussion on the main board to be a bit disturbing about this, though. The questioning of the alleged victim's motives and every action taken thus far, which will only get worse (and be done publicly no doubt). That all just contributes to part of the reason why some women are so afraid to report these acts. Either way, the outcome of this will be depressing: he did do it (which is despicable), he did do it and goes unpunished, he didn't do it and this whole thing just lends credence to the "gold digger" accusations heaped on alleged victims. Makes me sad to be a human.

Last edited by Iron Duke: 10-31-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old
10-31-2013, 02:46 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
I just don't see anything coming out of this. Probably settled before trial, even assuming it is as bad as it sounds.

I'm finding the attitude of the discussion on the main board to be a bit disturbing about this, though. The questioning of the alleged victim's motives and every action taken thus far, which will only get worse (and be done publicly no doubt). That all just contributes to part of the reason why some women are so afraid to report these acts. Either way, the outcome of this will be depressing: he did do it (which is despicable), he did do it and goes unpunished, he didn't do it and this whole thing just lends credence to the "gold digger" accusations heaped on alleged victims. Makes me sad to be a human.
I went and looked at the attitudes there. I agree with you.

Yet look at the attitude and past actions of the coach of the Avs. It's disgusting. And it disgusts me that Trotz gave him a pass on his actions as a coach. ( after the glass pushing incident)

It does make it sad.

Old
11-01-2013, 09:01 PM
hockey diva

Joel Ward got a hat trick tonight.

Old
11-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

Ray Emery should be suspended for 20 games. I'd be embarrassed if I were a Flyers fan tonight.

Old
11-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Montross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
Ray Emery should be suspended for 20 games. I'd be embarrassed if I were a Flyers fan tonight.
Also from the game Downie with a concussion.

Old
11-01-2013, 09:49 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
And he was named the 3rd star of the game- he allowed 4 goals on 15 shots.

What an absolute embarrassment for the whole Flyers organization.....

Old
11-01-2013, 09:52 PM
hockey diva

Aw, you know they love it up there, along with a lot of old school fans. I think it was rather cowardly that none of the Caps players tried to step in and help their goalie out. It wasn't a fair fight and hopefully Holtby is okay.

Old
11-01-2013, 10:06 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
I think it was rather cowardly that none of the Caps players tried to step in and help their goalie out. It wasn't a fair fight and hopefully Holtby is okay.
This- it is beyond belief that the Caps would just stand by and watch as their goalie gets pummeled..

Old
11-01-2013, 10:07 PM
PFL615

Downie got blasted tonight.. Left on a stretch.

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 11-01-2013 at 10:55 PM. Reason: no
Old
11-01-2013, 10:18 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Which is more embarrassing: Emery charging the opposing goalie and beating on him despite him clearly having little interest in dropping the gloves, or giving up seven goals to a lousy team without its best player?

Old
11-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Which is more embarrassing: Emery charging the opposing goalie and beating on him despite him clearly having little interest in dropping the gloves, or giving up seven goals to a lousy team without its best player?
Or Emery being voted in as 3rd star of the game

Old
11-01-2013, 10:41 PM
Kamikazepants

Shea, you can thank the organization later for preventing you from going to that mess up there in Philadelphia.

Old
11-01-2013, 10:51 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I can't believe the referee just stood there watching a fight in which one participant was clearly unwilling to fight until he felt like he had to defend himself.

Oh and then someone in the Philly media decided to give him third star? What? I guess it was that stellar .733 SV% he put up.

11-01-2013, 10:56 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Look, I know we all still dislike Downie for his hit on Josi. Still, we do not need posts that are essentially cheering the fact that he went to the hospital. We're better than that.

So no posts about karma or anything of the like. No cheering for it. If that's how you feel you need to take it somewhere else.

Old
11-01-2013, 11:01 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:

As to your first point, shy of the DA deciding not to pursue charges or the judge throwing the case out for a legitimate reason this cannot be settled before trial. If it were a civil case then I would agree that money would be offered, and likely even accepted. It isn't. The state can prosecute on these charges with or without the girlfriend's desire to continue the case.

The second part I totally agree with, and I've been in there off and on saying almost exactly those things.

Old
11-01-2013, 11:07 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
As to your first point, shy of the DA deciding not to pursue charges or the judge throwing the case out for a legitimate reason this cannot be settled before trial. If it were a civil case then I would agree that money would be offered, and likely even accepted. It isn't. The state can prosecute on these charges with or without the girlfriend's desire to continue the case.

The second part I totally agree with, and I've been in there off and on saying almost exactly those things.
I'm sorry TMI, I meant settled as in him pleading to some minor charge that wouldn't result in anything substantial.

Old
11-02-2013, 05:40 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Look, I know we all still dislike Downie for his hit on Josi. Still, we do not need posts that are essentially cheering the fact that he went to the hospital. We're better than that.

So no posts about karma or anything of the like. No cheering for it. If that's how you feel you need to take it somewhere else.
We see now why Downie won't fight.

And for the record, I'm not better than that.

Old
11-02-2013, 09:19 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

If you live by the sword, you can certainly die by the sword. Downie has just witnessed this first hand. He is scum, but I hate to see anyone injured. Still, you had to know something like this could happen eventually.

11-02-2013, 10:12 AM
PFL615

Also, nothing will happen out of this domestic assault case. It's a waste of time to even be talking about it. He will get probation and some classes at the most and that is if the female half even works with the prosecution.

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 11-02-2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: we do not cheer on injuries. if you don't like it voice your grievance in private.
Old
11-02-2013, 01:11 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
I'm sorry TMI, I meant settled as in him pleading to some minor charge that wouldn't result in anything substantial.
I could see a plea deal happening. I honestly expect the DA to simply elect to not pursue at least the kidnapping charges since that is the felony. Charging him with the assault would probably result in probation and fines since it's only a misdemeanor.

Old
11-02-2013, 02:35 PM
predfan98

welp, hopefully won't have to waste my voice booing downey when the flyers come here.

low class move by emery. can't believe all the announcers were applauding that.

Closed Thread