HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FA Signings, Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VIII: "The makeup has to be jigged"

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-31-2013, 03:30 PM
  #1026
Matt19Oilers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDreidelz View Post
Is his value high enough without any NHL experience? If Eberle Klefbom can land us Couturier, Simmonds/Downie and Coburn. Id pull the trigger.
If it's for Couturier, Coburn and Simmonds (not Downie) then i bet we have to give up more than just Eberle and Klefbom. IMO we'd need to add the first and maybe more.

The only question I have is: why have with RNH, Gagner AND Couturier? Gagner has a NTC does he not? So Couturier at 3C? If we're trading for Couturier then you'd think it would in a 2C role.

I'd go for just Coburn and Simmonds. Partially because I don't know if there is room for Couturier here with Gagner around, and also because we don't really know what he will become as an offensive player.

Assuming Eberle, 1st, Smid (add Marincin if necessary) for Simmonds, Coburn

Hall-RNH-Yakupov
Perron-Gagner-Simmonds
XXX-Gordon-XXX
XXX-XXX-Pitlick

Coburn-Petry
XXX-J. Schultz
Nurse-Ference

is good with me, and MAYBE a trade with Buffalo for Ehrhoff could be made to fill in the other D-spot.
Bottom 6 wingers can be a combo of free agents, and some of the guys we already have.

Matt19Oilers is offline  
Old
10-31-2013, 03:31 PM
  #1027
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins
 
Trafalgar Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,482
vCash: 500
Ekblad reminds me of Shea Weber with a weaker shot. The guy is so ****ing strong on the puck, it's insane. Klefbom is a guy we have that goes into a battle along the boards and comes out with the puck every time, Ekblad is just like that except with better hockey IQ and better offensive skills. A top 4 featuring Nurse, Ekblad, and Klefbom would be one of the hardest defensive cores to play against and leave opposing teams crying in pain. It would also let us play Justin Schultz the way he's meant to be: babysat by a defensively sound player that can move the puck, against weaker competition, in an offensive role. Ekblad+Nurse can play against opposing top pairings and allow J Schultz to just do his thing, much like how Pietrangelo+Bouwmeester shelter Shattenkirk and OEL+Michalek shelter Yandle.

One player I think we should be all over is Dmitri Kulikov. He's rumored to be available and does it all. He's just stuck in a bad situation with a bad team. Could we perhaps scoop him up without giving up any of the big 4/our 1st?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlimasLoveChild View Post
He'd probably be our best defenceman. Not sure how we couldn't use him.
He's easily one of the dumbest players in the NHL when it comes to making decisions.

Trafalgar Law is offline  
Old
10-31-2013, 03:38 PM
  #1028
Moose Coleman
Registered User
 
Moose Coleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt19Oilers View Post
Eberle, 1st, Smid (add Marincin if necessary) for Simmonds, Coburn
That's a mammoth overpay, plain and simple. Just a total train wreck.

Moose Coleman is offline  
Old
10-31-2013, 03:39 PM
  #1029
duul
Registered User
 
duul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,904
vCash: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
Ekblad reminds me of Shea Weber with a weaker shot. The guy is so ****ing strong on the puck, it's insane. Klefbom is a guy we have that goes into a battle along the boards and comes out with the puck every time, Ekblad is just like that except with better hockey IQ and better offensive skills. A top 4 featuring Nurse, Ekblad, and Klefbom would be one of the hardest defensive cores to play against and leave opposing teams crying in pain. It would also let us play Justin Schultz the way he's meant to be: babysat by a defensively sound player that can move the puck, against weaker competition, in an offensive role. Ekblad+Nurse can play against opposing top pairings and allow J Schultz to just do his thing, much like how Pietrangelo+Bouwmeester shelter Shattenkirk and OEL+Michalek shelter Yandle.

One player I think we should be all over is Dmitri Kulikov. He's rumored to be available and does it all. He's just stuck in a bad situation with a bad team. Could we perhaps scoop him up without giving up any of the big 4/our 1st?



He's easily one of the dumbest players in the NHL when it comes to making decisions.
If we tank this year, acquire Ekblad and trade for a defenceman like Tyutin and more grit, we will actually be set.

The chances of MacT trading Eberle are probably 0, but if he had balls he could greatly improve this club. Imagine going into next season with Ekblad, Tyutin, Dubinsky, Umberger instead of Eberle? Ughhhhhh.

duul is offline  
Old
10-31-2013, 03:40 PM
  #1030
Conkanen*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Coleman View Post
That's a mammoth overpay, plain and simple. Just a total train wreck.
Unreal how this board underrates their own.

Conkanen* is offline  
Old
10-31-2013, 03:42 PM
  #1031
KlimasLoveChild
Registered User
 
KlimasLoveChild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Toilet of Canada
Posts: 1,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post



He's easily one of the dumbest players in the NHL when it comes to making decisions.
So basically on par with what we have, only difference being he brings a tougher, grittier games. I call that an upgrade

KlimasLoveChild is offline  
Old
10-31-2013, 03:46 PM
  #1032
duul
Registered User
 
duul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,904
vCash: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlimasLoveChild View Post
So basically on par with what we have, only difference being he brings a tougher, grittier games. I call that an upgrade
If we are trading Eberle, let's make it worthwhile. Coburn is a big body. He's not a good skater, he is an average passer and doesn't even take the body often.

Get someone worthwhile and some grit if we are trading an all star player.

duul is offline  
Old
10-31-2013, 03:49 PM
  #1033
Matt19Oilers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conkanen View Post
Unreal how this board underrates their own.
I think this board is more often guilty of OVERRATING our own players. If it's an overpay, then value on our side can be taken out, but at least it would ACTUALLY get a deal done, not some of the "Hemsky, Marincin and Smid for Couturier, Simmonds and Coburn" type of crap i've been reading.

Matt19Oilers is offline  
Old
10-31-2013, 03:50 PM
  #1034
KlimasLoveChild
Registered User
 
KlimasLoveChild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Toilet of Canada
Posts: 1,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duul View Post
If we are trading Eberle, let's make it worthwhile. Coburn is a big body. He's not a good skater, he is an average passer and doesn't even take the body often.

Get someone worthwhile and some grit if we are trading an all star player.

We're trading Eberle.....damn....

KlimasLoveChild is offline  
Old
10-31-2013, 03:57 PM
  #1035
Conkanen*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Eberle is not getting moved unless it's for a #1 D man which has about <1% chance of happening. Stop with the silly trade proposals for "Grit".

With Eberle gone, and Hemsky as good as gone, we are left with Yak as our only skilled RWer provided we don't ruin his career in the meantime.

We have D and Grit on the way. Not want people want to hear but suck it up.
We have <3% chance of making the playoffs year so doing anything major ( unless it's for a #1 D) seems like a dangerous move for me.

Conkanen* is offline  
Old
10-31-2013, 03:57 PM
  #1036
s7ark
Moderator
TheWorstEver
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,197
vCash: 500
New thread is up.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...php?p=73588533

s7ark is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.