HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FA Signings, Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread IX:

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2013, 06:24 PM
duul

vCash: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
No, I complain about every trade proposal that makes this team worse. I would happily trade Eberle for the right deal.

Simmonds, Umberger, etc... yea, that's not the right deal.
Umberger? I think you missed the Tyutin and Dubinsky part of that trade bud. What trade would you like to see involving Eberle? How about we trade him straight up for Weber.

Eberle is a one dimensional soft, skilled forward and most teams know this. He isn't worth anywhere near what our fans think he is worth.

Old
10-31-2013, 06:25 PM
SWARM

vCash: 500
He does have quite a bit of value just not on a cream puff Oilers team full of small skill guys.

Old
10-31-2013, 06:30 PM
dyzfunctioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duul View Post
Umberger? I think you missed the Tyutin and Dubinsky part of that trade bud. What trade would you like to see involving Eberle? How about we trade him straight up for Weber.

Eberle is a one dimensional soft, skilled forward and most teams know this. He isn't worth anywhere near what our fans think he is worth.
No I didn't. But Eberle > Dubinsky and Umberger... Tyutin is hardly a major upgrade on Smid, and I like Tyutin.

If you've never bothered reading my posts, every time someone brings up trading for Weber I point out that it will never happen as Nashville already paid for 1/3rd of his contract... so yea, not sure where you're getting that idea from.

Also, again if you've never bothered reading my posts, I've said a number of times that we should have traded Eberle for a d-man when his value was at his peak, after his 76 point season.

Old
10-31-2013, 06:35 PM
duul

Quote:
No I didn't. But Eberle > Dubinsky and Umberger... Tyutin is hardly a major upgrade on Smid, and I like Tyutin.

If you've never bothered reading my posts, every time someone brings up trading for Weber I point out that it will never happen as Nashville already paid for 1/3rd of his contract... so yea, not sure where you're getting that idea from.

Also, again if you've never bothered reading my posts, I've said a number of times that we should have traded Eberle for a d-man when his value was at his peak, after his 76 point season.
Eberle is more skilled than both Dubinsky and Umberger, but look at our mock lineups before and after this trade. How can you possibly say anything other than our team is majorly upgraded? Tyutin can play as a #1, although obviously not like the Weber's and Keith's of the game. He is a good stop gap for the next couple years.

I was being facetious, because you seem to think no deal is good enough to trade Eberle in. And you say yourself we should have traded him a few years ago, but unfortunately time passes and we're in the present.

He's a good player, but he is the prime candidate to be traded to improve multiple parts of our team. Just like Columbus improved greatly by trading Nash, we improve greatly by trading Eberle.

Old
10-31-2013, 06:40 PM
dyzfunctioned

Quote:
Eberle is more skilled than both Dubinsky and Umberger, but look at our mock lineups before and after this trade. How can you possibly say anything other than our team is majorly upgraded? Tyutin can play as a #1, although obviously not like the Weber's and Keith's of the game. He is a good stop gap for the next couple years.

I was being facetious, because you seem to think no deal is good enough to trade Eberle in. And you say yourself we should have traded him a few years ago, but unfortunately time passes and we're in the present.

He's a good player, but he is the prime candidate to be traded to improve multiple parts of our team. Just like Columbus improved greatly by trading Nash, we improve greatly by trading Eberle.
Umberger, at his cap hit, is an awful player. And there's no way CBJ swallows 50% of his cap.

And while I actually like the Nash trade for Columbus, it's pretty debateable that they improved greatly. They're not exactly tearing up the league this year and they made their surge last year on the back of a Vezina-winning year by Bobrovsky, not to mention you can't draw a ton of conclusions out of a 48 game season.

Old
10-31-2013, 06:40 PM
MikeModano9

I'd trade Smid for sure this year of we can get good value. His game is regressing imo and if we could get something decent in return now while we can, I'd jump all over it.

Old
10-31-2013, 06:42 PM
duul

Quote:
Umberger, at his cap hit, is an awful player. And there's no way CBJ swallows 50% of his cap.

And while I actually like the Nash trade for Columbus, it's pretty debateable that they improved greatly. They're not exactly tearing up the league this year and they made their surge last year on the back of a Vezina-winning year by Bobrovsky, not to mention you can't draw a ton of conclusions out of a 48 game season.
Would it ease your soul if we somehow got Foligno instead?

They've been playing without one of their biggest acquisitions in Horton. Their team is outstanding in comparison to before.

Old
10-31-2013, 06:53 PM
dyzfunctioned

Quote:

They've been playing without one of their biggest acquisitions in Horton. Their team is outstanding in comparison to before.
I already said I like the Nash trade for Columbus but I'm not going to jump to the conclusion that it completely turned their franchise around until there's some results. That being said, I do like the group of players they assembled.

Tyutin, Dubinsky, Foligno are all good players, but I don't see why either team does this.

From CBJ POV: Gaborik, Horton, Atkinson all play RW.
From Edmonton POV: Smid is cheaper, signed longer, and not a major step back from Tyutin. It's trading Eberle to upgrade our 3rd line and make a minor improvement at D. Unless Dubinsky is playing top 6, why trade for him? And if he does play top 6, where are you going to fit him?

Old
10-31-2013, 07:01 PM
Lindo

The most realistic acquisitions would probably be Nikitin or Stafford judging by who Stauffer has mentioned. Nikitin would be a nice option to play in the top 4. Leaves possibly Smid to be moved or N.Schultz.

Old
10-31-2013, 07:09 PM
duul

Quote:
I already said I like the Nash trade for Columbus but I'm not going to jump to the conclusion that it completely turned their franchise around until there's some results. That being said, I do like the group of players they assembled.

Tyutin, Dubinsky, Foligno are all good players, but I don't see why either team does this.

From CBJ POV: Gaborik, Horton, Atkinson all play RW.
From Edmonton POV: Smid is cheaper, signed longer, and not a major step back from Tyutin. It's trading Eberle to upgrade our 3rd line and make a minor improvement at D. Unless Dubinsky is playing top 6, why trade for him? And if he does play top 6, where are you going to fit him?
Pretty easy solution. They make their first line Gaborik-Anisimov-Eberle. Dubinsky plays in the top 6 LW or C spot and you move Gagner to the wing if that happens.

Hall-RNH-Hemsky
Dubinsky-Gagner-Yakupov
Perron-Gordon-Umberger
Joensuu-Arcobello-Eager

I'm not sure how you can argue against that. That lineup is simply more balanced and will get you more wins. The difference between Smid and Tyutin is that Smid can't be responsible enough to play #1 minutes while Tyutin can. He is a legitimate #1, although at the lower end of the spectrum. He fills the gap we have there until Nurse hopefully fills into that in a year or two.

Just look at that top 9. Line can even be changed around to make it better. I was thinking a line of Joensuu-Gordon-Umberger would be an outstanding puck possession/shutdown line.

Old
10-31-2013, 07:19 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiahjones View Post
The most realistic acquisitions would probably be Nikitin or Stafford judging by who Stauffer has mentioned. Nikitin would be a nice option to play in the top 4. Leaves possibly Smid to be moved or N.Schultz.
I have always been one who would've taken Stafford. Bigger body who has some offensive skill and defensive skill. But where in the heck does he fit now? Hypothetically we are healthy and you move Hemsky he fits on the 3rd line at worse case scenario with Gordon and Jones/Smyth. But why would we want to spend 4mil on this guy?

I guess if he is free and someone takes a contract back we could always buy him out with our amnesty, but it seems like a waste. Find a d-man to try this expirement with.

Old
10-31-2013, 07:34 PM
breadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeModano9 View Post
I'd trade Smid for sure this year of we can get good value. His game is regressing imo and if we could get something decent in return now while we can, I'd jump all over it.

I totally agree with you. I'm from Montreal and was at the game when we played the Habs. He was totally useless: couldn't skate, had a hard time with the puck and a liability in his own end.

I also would like to include that maybe trading Yakupov to get a stud D now that his value is still high would be a good idea. My reasoning was from what i have seen on TV and when i was at the game was that he is a lazy player and does not give his everything on every shift or at least bring his "A" game every night. From what i saw that game except for the last two shifts of the Habs game that he is disinterested most of the time and not that good of a skater plus he looks lost most of the time; doesn't play his position well and isn't responsible in picking up his guy. I know he is young and needs to mature but i think now is the best time to pull the trigger on him and get that stud D who can log those big minutes......hell i would even throw in my 1st round pick.

The only problem is that nobody would consider trading that stud defenceman and thus we are stuck waiting and hoping for Nurse to be that guy.

Old
10-31-2013, 09:02 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

Statsny

Hemsky

O'Reilly-Duschene-Hemsky
Tanguay-MacKinnon-Landeskog
McGinn-Talbot-Parenteau
etc

Hall-Hoppy-Ebs
Perron-Stastny-Gagner
etc

Old
10-31-2013, 09:17 PM
SephF
Visually Better

If I see the name Stafford once more in relation to the Oilers I'm going to puke. It's been like 5 years, can we just let it go please?

Old
10-31-2013, 09:49 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 2394
Hey Miller, your team sucks and you still don't want to come here?

Old
10-31-2013, 09:52 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldNewLettuce View Post

Statsny

Hemsky

O'Reilly-Duschene-Hemsky
Tanguay-MacKinnon-Landeskog
McGinn-Talbot-Parenteau
etc

Hall-Hoppy-Ebs
Perron-Stastny-Gagner
etc
Avs fans will like that

Old
10-31-2013, 10:02 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyCheerios View Post
The problem is if you get rid of Eberle and Hemsky doesn't stay our right wing sucks after Yakupov and Yak right now is definitely worse then Eberle and we don't even know if he is going to be great. Yak can carry as much value as Eberle cause he is young and raw especially with the team and Yak seeming to clash
Quote:
No surprise to see you in here. You complain about every trade proposal that involves the kids. Maybe you'd prefer being a mediocre team, or perhaps in 15 years when we've filled out entire roster with 1st overalls.

You're too ignorant to realize you can't get anyone good for scraps. You want this team to fail, you're not a fan.
The CBJ deal is just terrible

Old
10-31-2013, 10:07 PM
molsonmuscle360

I know people are probably gonna think I'm crazy here, but if we are going to trade any of the 5 young guys, I think Hall should be the one being sent out.

Now I totally understand those that are saying to themselves "What the **** is wrong with this dude" but, from what I can see, Hall would bring us back by far the biggest return. We could still have 4 good young forwards with how Perron has been playing, a real # 1 D probably in return for Hall to teach Schultz and Nurse the ropes.

Old
10-31-2013, 10:09 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:

What are you on thinking that a trade involving Eberle and only getting back what you proposed from CBJ. Umberger is past his prime and over paid, Foligno is a 3rd liner, just terrible

Old
10-31-2013, 10:13 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
I know people are probably gonna think I'm crazy here, but if we are going to trade any of the 5 young guys, I think Hall should be the one being sent out.

Now I totally understand those that are saying to themselves "What the **** is wrong with this dude" but, from what I can see, Hall would bring us back by far the biggest return. We could still have 4 good young forwards with how Perron has been playing, a real # 1 D probably in return for Hall to teach Schultz and Nurse the ropes.
Hall is what we are lacking size and skill you have to keep hall, Perron and RNH

Old
10-31-2013, 10:30 PM
Psychoil

If we trade hall. Id stop cheering for this team

Old
10-31-2013, 10:35 PM
Cerebral

Philly makes a good potential trade partner with assets like Simmonds, Hartnell, Coburn, and Couturier. With Downie on the team, I wonder if that opens the door for the Flyers to make the move. My ideal package would be something based around Coburn and Simmonds - I love Hartnell but he's getting up there in age and Simmonds and Coburn would fit into our core pretty well.

I'm not all that eager to trade Yakupov but I'd probably consider it if a guy like Simmonds was up for grabs. If we could find a way to get Scott Laughton involved, I'd be happy.

Perron-RNH-Simmonds
Hall-Gagner-Eberle

Simmonds would add a lot to this lineup.

10-31-2013, 10:51 PM
duul

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
What are you on thinking that a trade involving Eberle and only getting back what you proposed from CBJ. Umberger is past his prime and over paid, Foligno is a 3rd liner, just terrible
Why are you neglecting to say we also would get Tyutin and Dubinsky in the deal I proposed? Tyutin could be our #1 until Nurse steps up and Dubinsky is an absolute warrior. Tell me what team looks better, please.

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Gagner-Hemsky
Joensuu-Gordon-Yakupov
Gazdic-Arcobello-Eager

Smid-Petry
Ference-J.Schultz
N.Schultz-Belov

or

Hall-RNH-Hemsky
Dubinsky-Gagner-Yakupov
Perron-Gordon-Foligno
Joensuu-Arcobello-Eager

Tyutin-Petry
Ference-J.Schultz
N.Schultz-Belov

The only way you could possibly not prefer the second team is if you've never seen Tyutin, Dubinsky, and Foligno play. Our team is light years better after this deal.

Old
10-31-2013, 11:07 PM
tv14

What do people think of something like this?

Yakupov, Smid, Gagner, Hemsky for Simmonds, Hartnell, Coburn, B Schenn

When healthy:

Hall-RNH-Simmonds
Hartnell-Schenn-Eberle
Perron-Gordon-Arcobell
Gazdik/Acton/Jones/Eager/Smyth/Joensuu

Not sure if Philly does this, hell I'm not even sure I do it, but I do like the look of the forward group! Not sure if the numbers work either.

Flyers get an injection of offense, which they could use. Philly would also have incredible balance upfront with Giroux, Lecavalier, Hemsky, Couturier, Read, Gagner, Yakupov. Wow.

Old
10-31-2013, 11:08 PM
Seachd

Quote:
The only way you could possibly not prefer the second team is if you've never seen Tyutin, Dubinsky, and Foligno play. Our team is light years better after this deal.
Either I'm completely missing something, having seen all those players often, or we have vastly different definitions of "light year".

Closed Thread