HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Nashville Predators have plenty of prospects off to notable starts in 2013-14 season

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-31-2013, 04:45 PM
  #1
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country:
Posts: 6,477
vCash: 500
Nashville Predators have plenty of prospects off to notable starts in 2013-14 season


With training camps over and the season underway, the players throughout the Nashville Predators organization have spread out throughout the various leagues around the world. 



For the first time in franchise history, the Predators opened the season with two prospects on watch lists for the Calder Memorial Trophy given to the NHL’s top rookie playing at the NHL level, but the talent in the system does not end there.  

The following is a sampling of some of the remaining talent spread out throughout the organization, junior hockey, amateur hockey, and the European leagues and also some storylines to follow as the season progresses for each of these players. 

Pro
Top Pro Prospect
Seth Jones, D, Nashville Predators (NHL)

The Predators top pick in the 2013 NHL Draft, 18-year-old Seth Jones could have been returned to the Portland Winterhawks in the Western Hockey League prior to playing in his tenth game of the NHL season in order to have his entry-level contract in Nashville slide a year and not start the clock towards free agency.… read more



More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 05:21 PM
  #2
PredsV82
Snot Doc
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kentucky
Country: Scotland
Posts: 11,304
vCash: 162
strong work as always Slake....

wondering where you think Sissons is on the call up list? Behind Beck and Watson?

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 05:26 PM
  #3
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,853
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
strong work as always Slake....

wondering where you think Sissons is on the call up list? Behind Beck and Watson?
Really depends on the moment. Watson scored a key goal last night for Milwaukee and could get the early season nod because of his play late last season.

Right now though, Sissons is playing very well in Milwaukee and would definitely be in the discussion should a recall be necessary on this long road trip.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 06:27 PM
  #4
PredsV82
Snot Doc
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kentucky
Country: Scotland
Posts: 11,304
vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Lake View Post
Really depends on the moment. Watson scored a key goal last night for Milwaukee and could get the early season nod because of his play late last season.

Right now though, Sissons is playing very well in Milwaukee and would definitely be in the discussion should a recall be necessary on this long road trip.
Any worries that Beck is regressing (aka Blumming)? Or any sign that he is resentful after being sent back to the Ads instead of staying up?

Sissons current play or not, I can't imagine Beck being too happy if someone else gets the first call up

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 07:16 PM
  #5
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,853
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Any worries that Beck is regressing (aka Blumming)? Or any sign that he is resentful after being sent back to the Ads instead of staying up?

Sissons current play or not, I can't imagine Beck being too happy if someone else gets the first call up
Beck has to know how close he is to making it in the NHL full-time and as a result needs to simply keep working hard to be in position for the recall when the opportunity comes. Milwaukee is not a bad destination to play minor league hockey in. They play in an NBA caliber arena and are treated well by an organization known for developing players that go on to play in the NHL.

If Beck is in fact needing a bit of a wake up should an opportunity open up, I could see them recalling someone else, but the bottom line for any recall is really who is going to give the team the best option to replace the fallen player, nothing more, nothing less.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 09:06 PM
  #6
adsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Lake View Post
Beck has to know how close he is to making it in the NHL full-time and as a result needs to simply keep working hard to be in position for the recall when the opportunity comes. Milwaukee is not a bad destination to play minor league hockey in. They play in an NBA caliber arena and are treated well by an organization known for developing players that go on to play in the NHL.

If Beck is in fact needing a bit of a wake up should an opportunity open up, I could see them recalling someone else, but the bottom line for any recall is really who is going to give the team the best option to replace the fallen player, nothing more, nothing less.
The Bradley Center was designed as a hockey arena. It was built to be an NHL arena. Beck has not played well at all so far, he has 1G and 2A in 6 games versus Sissons 4G 2A, Watson 2G 1A and Bitetto (a D-man) 3G 2A all in 6 games.
If Nashville needs a center, call up Sissons. Watson would be my second choice. Beck is a winger, but he hasn't shown the power moves to the goal from last year.

Beck looks a step or two slower than last season. Did he get hurt in camp in Nashville?

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 09:12 PM
  #7
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,853
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
The Bradley Center was designed as a hockey arena. It was built to be an NHL arena.
Very interesting. Didn't know that. Only heard good things about the environment for the team playing there though, so it makes sense.

Quote:
Beck looks a step or two slower than last season. Did he get hurt in camp in Nashville?
Not that I'm aware of. You wonder if he changed his training routine this summer trying to add bulk...?

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 09:24 PM
  #8
adsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Lake View Post
Very interesting. Didn't know that. Only heard good things about the environment for the team playing there though, so it makes sense.



Not that I'm aware of. You wonder if he changed his training routine this summer trying to add bulk...?
Beck is listed as 207 pounds, same weight as last season on AHL.com. I checked the in-game program from last night, same 207 lbs is shown for him. He looks slower than I remember from last season. He has no more than average AHL speed.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 09:38 PM
  #9
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,853
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
Beck is listed as 207 pounds, same weight as last season on AHL.com. I checked the in-game program from last night, same 207 lbs is shown for him. He looks slower than I remember from last season. He has no more than average AHL speed.
Skating has always been a knock on him. Greatly improved since his junior days. Will have to see if it continues to improve.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 12:48 PM
  #10
PFL615
Registered User
 
PFL615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Finally got a chance to read the article. Great work Mr. Lake
Is Watson Legwands replacement sooner rather than later?

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 12:50 PM
  #11
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 16,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
Finally got a chance to read the article. Great work Mr. Lake
Is Watson Legwands replacement sooner rather than later?
I think he probably is.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 07:34 AM
  #12
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,853
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Held off the scoresheet last night for just the second time this season, Brendan Leipsic's point streak came to an end at 11 games. Leipsic now has 10 goals and 8 assists for 18 points in 13 games this season.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.