HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's about time for a Kreider thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2013, 09:10 PM
ecemleafs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Ehh, let's dial it back a notch or two. Has he looked very good? Yes. Superstar caliber? That's Crosby/Oveckin/Stamkos territory, and to that he's not even close.
a bigger, faster parise and u better accept that fact!

Old
10-31-2013, 09:12 PM
mrhockey193195

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
Very few are. Like you said crosby ovechkin and Stamkos are really by themselves. even nash despite being a bigtime scorer isnt on taht level. We dont need kreider to be a superstar but if he can chip in 25-30 goals which looks like he might that will help a lot
I don't even think he will pot 25 goals. I think that's what nyr2k2 was saying about toning it down. If Kreider plays every game like he did tonight? 30 goals this year, no doubt. Is that going to happen? I'm 99% sure it won't (but boy would I love to be proven wrong). I could see kreider getting 15 goals this year, because I expect inconsistency and stretches where he loses confidence (like every young player). But performances like tonight and the game against the Isles definitely give a lot of hope for what kind of player he might become a few years down the road.

Old
10-31-2013, 09:13 PM
ecemleafs

15 shots in 5 games.

Old
10-31-2013, 09:19 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
I don't even think he will pot 25 goals. I think that's what nyr2k2 was saying about toning it down. If Kreider plays every game like he did tonight? 30 goals this year, no doubt. Is that going to happen? I'm 99% sure it won't (but boy would I love to be proven wrong). I could see kreider getting 15 goals this year, because I expect inconsistency and stretches where he loses confidence (like every young player). But performances like tonight and the game against the Isles definitely give a lot of hope for what kind of player he might become a few years down the road.
70 games to go so it isnt unreasonable to think that if he continues to play like this and i think he will he can get 25. Remember he really should have 5 goals right now. he had some unlucky bounces the first 3 games but now thats is evening out

Old
10-31-2013, 09:24 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

People need to remember that inconsistency is the hallmark of youth. I will be pleasantly surprised if Kreider keeps this up the whole year.

Old
10-31-2013, 09:26 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
People need to remember that inconsistency is the hallmark of youth. I will be pleasantly surprised if Kreider keeps this up the whole year.
Honestly, I think the fan base as a whole would be ecstatic if kept this level of play up the whole year.

Old
10-31-2013, 09:26 PM
Levitate

Quote:
I mean...he's not a 100% fresh rookie either and you could attribute his problems finding his game at the NHL level to "inconsistency" at this point...maybe he finally got past it and this is what we get, who knows

Old
10-31-2013, 09:30 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I mean...he's not a 100% fresh rookie either and you could attribute his problems finding his game at the NHL level to "inconsistency" at this point...maybe he finally got past it and this is what we get, who knows
I said youth. Even 3rd year players usually have consistency issues. Kreider is a 2nd year pro. Youth, not rookies. Although technically Kreider is eligible for the Calder this year.

Old
10-31-2013, 09:36 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
I said youth. Even 3rd year players usually have consistency issues. Kreider is a 2nd year pro. Youth, not rookies. Although technically Kreider is eligible for the Calder this year.
He has never played a full season. 18 playoffs games in 2012. last year he only played like 20 games i believe. He actually has good playoff experience for a young player

Old
10-31-2013, 09:43 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

To me I see a poor mans Eric Staal which isn't too bad

Old
10-31-2013, 09:47 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
To me I see a poor mans Eric Staal which isn't too bad
Why eric staal versus someone like Erik Cole or Max Pac?

Old
10-31-2013, 09:53 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
Why eric staal versus someone like Erik Cole or Max Pac?
Staal is a center... i hope not Cole i see Patrick Marleau type player

Old
10-31-2013, 09:57 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

I think he will end up having way more talent than Cole but I would gladly take a MaxPac clone..Too me I see more ES esque tho..The speed and size and bull in china shop potential...This kid hasn't even scratched the surface yet thank God we have a coach that wont waste him on the 4th line playing 6 minutes a night with fringe players

Old
10-31-2013, 10:01 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

I know where Staal plays I'm talking about resembling a player who's game he reminds me off..No way do I see Patrick Marleau except for the speed part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Staal is a center... i hope not Cole i see Patrick Marleau type player

Old
10-31-2013, 10:01 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
I think he will end up having way more talent than Cole but I would gladly take a MaxPac clone..Too me I see more ES esque tho..The speed and size and bull in china shop potential...This kid hasn't even scratched the surface yet thank God we have a coach that wont waste him on the 4th line playing 6 minutes a night with fringe players
id take MaxPac clone but lets hope for our version of Patrick Marleau.. he is one of the most underrated players in the league..

Old
10-31-2013, 10:02 PM
Emptyvoid

Kreider has a ways to go in his defensive development to be considered anywhere near Marleau, although he has shown he is willing which is the first step. Although Marleau never used his body the way Kreider has the potential to do so (in terms of size, not speed).

I think a Max Pac clone would be wonderful.

Old
10-31-2013, 10:06 PM
darko

Quote:
Ehh, let's dial it back a notch or two. Has he looked very good? Yes. Superstar caliber? That's Crosby/Oveckin/Stamkos territory, and to that he's not even close.

Come on man, he's the new Lindros. Didn't you know that?

Old
10-31-2013, 10:07 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
Kreider has a ways to go in his defensive development to be considered anywhere near Marleau, although he has shown he is willing which is the first step. Although Marleau never used his body the way Kreider has the potential to do so (in terms of size, not speed).

I think a Max Pac clone would be wonderful.

Absolutely.

I think Viper was the first person to bring up Max Pac comparison and I like it a lot.

Old
10-31-2013, 10:09 PM
Emptyvoid

Another point of Marleau. He is an incredibly intelligent player. I don't think Kreider has that in him and its why I feel Max Pac is a much more realistic ceiling.

Old
10-31-2013, 10:11 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

I think Kreider will be a good player, how good is entirely up to him. He has played consistently good for 4 games, let's see him play as consistent for a full season before comparing him to players who have been consistently good for many seasons.

Old
10-31-2013, 11:18 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
I think Kreider will be a good player, how good is entirely up to him. He has played consistently good for 4 games, let's see him play as consistent for a full season before comparing him to players who have been consistently good for many seasons.
While I agree that we need to see this level of play continue for many more games before we start getting comfortable that we can expect it night in and night out, I want to stress that it HASN'T just been the last few games - he's been playing this way since the opening puck drop in the AHL season. That's not a guarantee he's turned the corner, but it is much more encouraging than just a few games strung together.

Old
11-01-2013, 12:12 AM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Rationality has no place in this thread, shame on you. Anything less than Crosby is clearly a disappointment for Kreider.

Old
11-01-2013, 12:20 AM
Pizza

Ummm, Kreider kinda reminds of.....Kreider.

Yeah, I hate the whole comparisons thing. Mostly they don't fit or make much sense.

Old
11-01-2013, 12:38 AM
JC704

I was there tonight, and Buffalo at the moment is awful, but from what I saw, Kreider's defensive play has drastically gotten better. I think he's finally responsible enough to the point where the coaching staff can feel relieved to leave him on the ice in bigger situations. He's back checking, communicating with teammates (and its noticeable) and out muscling other players on the boards for pucks in his own end. Still has a way to go, but he has really improved from last season.

I also believe that the early injuries might have been a blessing in disguise. He doesn't look like he's thinking anymore, at all. He's going and he's playing, and the results are there for all of us to see. He scored again tonight, going to/near the net, off a rebound. He was poised, collected himself VERY quickly and shot it in from an incredibly tough angle. His skill has been on full display this season. If you guys thought Zucc-Stepan-Kreider looked great together, imagine what a healthy Callahan can do on that line, bumping down Zucc to once again play with Brassard. The All-American Line IS coming. That line is going to wear a lot of teams down.

Edit: I hate making comparisons, but Kreider has honestly looked like JVR these last few games. He's been actually using his size and pounding near the net, making skilled plays EVERYWHERE on the ice, getting himself into great spots and shooting the puck like crazy. He's finally playing tenaciously.

Last edited by JC704: 11-01-2013 at 12:43 AM.
Old
11-01-2013, 01:04 AM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
I see Crosby, except with greater hockey sense.

Last edited by KingWantsCup: 11-01-2013 at 01:14 AM.
Closed Thread