HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What do we do?

Old
12-14-2006, 11:09 AM
facts

vCash: 500
What do we do?

Players are dropping like flies, nobody wants our veterans and we do not have enough talent to keep up with teams. We are competing and that is good to see but aside from that this is an absolute #h!t show.
I feel sorry for Nitty as he does look sore and no that good right now, he is trying but some of those goals were terrible. Gagne is being abused and along with Knuble can't be expected to dictate a game as they are easily teamed up against and focused on. Potulny played well last night and is getting some experience and that is nice to see, and now it is perfectly clear to me that Niko is terrible- Boyd Kane terrible.
Poor Houle he played what 1 minute and had at least 4 shots.
Is our season over are we mailing it in?

facts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 11:22 AM
TheKingPin

i think we have stuck it out as long as possible. the season is over. if calder can score a few more then e could trade him and we hopefully will able to trade forsberg. if those guys play like thye did last year we can get a lot for them.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 11:24 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
wait until february when teams could want some vets at low cap hits

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 11:49 AM
Brown21

Quote:
Originally Posted by facts View Post
Players are dropping like flies, nobody wants our veterans and we do not have enough talent to keep up with teams. We are competing and that is good to see but aside from that this is an absolute #h!t show.
I feel sorry for Nitty as he does look sore and no that good right now, he is trying but some of those goals were terrible. Gagne is being abused and along with Knuble can't be expected to dictate a game as they are easily teamed up against and focused on. Potulny played well last night and is getting some experience and that is nice to see, and now it is perfectly clear to me that Niko is terrible- Boyd Kane terrible.
Poor Houle he played what 1 minute and had at least 4 shots.
Is our season over are we mailing it in?
Not to be to optimistic here, but I think we'll end up O.K, Obviously it will be very tough to make the playoffs, however i think our team will hopefully get to the 500 mark. Peter the great is out (hopefully he'll be back before or right after new year), Carter will be back, Richards will be back, Sanderson will be back. That will definitly change things around. By end of Jan we will be a different team. We just have to hope the kids out there now compete every night (which i think they're doing) and continue to learn!!!

Brown21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 12:09 PM
Wachovia Center

Send a message via ICQ to Wachovia Center Send a message via Yahoo to Wachovia Center
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan View Post
i think we have stuck it out as long as possible. the season is over. if calder can score a few more then e could trade him and we hopefully will able to trade forsberg. if those guys play like thye did last year we can get a lot for them.
If Forsberg is playing good, why trade him? He's already said he doesn't want to get traded. IMO, he's too important to the team, and if Calder starts playing well, I think we can use that too. Obviously, we're not going to win the cup, but trading players isn't gonna do the trick. I think Holmgren needs to wait until the off-season, see what the team needs and sign some free agents to fill holes. We're going to have a LOT of money to spend, and there's some players that will be on the market that look like they can do that. I really think trading either of these players is a bad decision.

Wachovia Center is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 12:28 PM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tol pwnage View Post
If Forsberg is playing good, why trade him?
because as you said we're not going to win a cup...why not trade him and get some important pieces to winning a cup in the future

FlyersFanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 02:05 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Forsberg is not being traded.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 03:19 PM
ArchieIsGod

hasnt forsberg stated many times that he wont waive his no trade

why does everyone keep saying we are going to trade him...its not an option if he doesnt agree to it

(unless everyone is just assuming that he will eventually waive it)

ArchieIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 04:19 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchieIsGod View Post
hasnt forsberg stated many times that he wont waive his no trade

why does everyone keep saying we are going to trade him...its not an option if he doesnt agree to it

(unless everyone is just assuming that he will eventually waive it)
Yes, everyone is assuming it.

Bob Clarke was on Off The Record last week and stated Forsberg will finish this season, at least, with the Flyers. I know it doesn't count for much, but he seemed fairly confident, there was no 'thinking' when he was asked the question.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 04:56 PM
Gert B Frobe

Do absolutely nothing until the offseason and offer Anaheim's GM so much money he can't possibly turn it down.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 05:26 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post
Do absolutely nothing until the offseason and offer Anaheim's GM so much money he can't possibly turn it down.
Brian Burke? No chance

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 08:30 PM
COMCASTMONEY
pay ya cable bills.

Loosen our belts, grab a beer, watch the game if they're playing well and change the channel when they aren't. In the meantime, just read my signature to yourself and close your eyes. All things must pass.

COMCASTMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 08:41 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

No reason to do anything but wait out the season and hope the rookies and sophomores learn. I do not forsee making any changes that would actually put this team into playoff contention. I wouldn't mind picking up some old veterans to help out with the rookies, but nothing serious unless someone offers some crazy deal like a first rounder for Calder, which isn't going to happen.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 08:50 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown21 View Post
Not to be to optimistic here, but I think we'll end up O.K, Obviously it will be very tough to make the playoffs, however i think our team will hopefully get to the 500 mark.
This crash-and-burn has been incredible to watch (although perhaps it shouldn't have been so given the weaknesses from last season that were not addressed).

That said, I actually agree with you provided Carter and Richards (when healthy) can actually find a scoring touch and the yoots in back can be stable at least. (Nitty needs to be more consistent, too, and perhaps he never will be, but it's too soon to say that for sure.)

All this stuff can happen and if they do, the Flyers can challenge for a playoff berth. (Mind you, it'll be a bottom seed which means quite probably getting their heads handed to them by the likes of Buffalo.)

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 09:03 PM
rockit

problem with trying to move forsberg is, he's injury proned and a UFA at the end of the season so i can't really see any team giving up anything worth moving him. only if they take hatcher i'd do it.

rockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 09:17 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

If it is at the deadline and the Flyers are out of it, it wouldn't take much to obtain Forsberg.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote