HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

FA Signings, Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread IX:

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2013, 10:20 PM
Up the Irons

vCash: 480
Mact gave Gagner his word he wouldn't trade him this year, and he has NTC next year.

Old
10-31-2013, 10:25 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
I said it on the main boards and always like getting the Oilers board opinion, but I believe Hartnell and Coburn make the most sense fro the Flyers perspective going to Edmonton. Simmonds is loved by our front office, and for good reason. Unlike many Flyer fans, the FO won't be tempted to trade him after struggling the first 11 games. Hartnell always has droughts like this, but his stats prove he is good for 20 goals almost every season, providing truculence in the top 6. I think they might keep the dialog open, especially if both teams continue their poor play.

Old
10-31-2013, 10:30 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoil View Post
If we trade hall. Id stop cheering for this team
That's stupid. Even if we traded Hall for Drew Doughty, Jonathan Quick, and Anze Kopitar?

Even if it made us a much better team?

Old
10-31-2013, 10:31 PM
duul

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I said it on the main boards and always like getting the Oilers board opinion, but I believe Hartnell and Coburn make the most sense fro the Flyers perspective going to Edmonton. Simmonds is loved by our front office, and for good reason. Unlike many Flyer fans, the FO won't be tempted to trade him after struggling the first 11 games. Hartnell always has droughts like this, but his stats prove he is good for 20 goals almost every season, providing truculence in the top 6. I think they might keep the dialog open, especially if both teams continue their poor play.
Coburn is too unintelligent of a player to take over a #1 role. If we are acquiring a defenceman I sure as hell hope it's for someone a lot better.

Old
10-31-2013, 10:46 PM
sVpph
Tron Funkin Blow

vCash: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons View Post
That's stupid. Even if we traded Hall for Drew Doughty, Jonathan Quick, and Anze Kopitar?

Even if it made us a much better team?
No kidding. If a team offered a legit 1D for Hall, I would take that trade in a heartbeat. Way easier to fill the hole at 1LW, than 1D.

Fans get way too enamoured with players. I'm tired of the long list of untouchables. The only player I wouldn't trade on this team is RNH, and that is just because I can't think of a realistic trade including him that would improve the team.

Old
10-31-2013, 10:49 PM
OilDrop37

Quote:
If it was for "potential" or just a bad deal, I understand, but a huge upgrade or easy win, I'd be ok...team success is more important than any single player.

Old
10-31-2013, 10:50 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustE View Post
Mact gave Gagner his word he wouldn't trade him this year, and he has NTC next year.
Which is ****ing stupid.

They're small, they're soft, and generally speaking [the team] they're awful. No one should be untouchable aside from 1, maybe 2 players. Yes that includes an injury prone, poor hockey IQ Hall.

Old
10-31-2013, 10:52 PM
Paralyzer008

Some Oiler fans in late February: RESIGN SMID IMMEDIATELY, HE CANT GO!!!
Some Oiler fans now: Trade him, he's regressing.

This is why HF Oil doesn't manage the Oilers.

Old
10-31-2013, 10:58 PM
glassbangers
"I home."

I'm a huge fan of Hartnell. He is an owner of my local Finnish team and spends summers here in Kuopio but I wouldn't want him here. He has regressed big time. Bad lockout season and he has been bad this season as well. Now he is injured. If we're trading with Flyers I want Simmonds/Voracek.

Old
10-31-2013, 10:59 PM
JJTopper
Registered Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I'd be very hesitant to accept that kind of a package...especially if we're talking Yakupov or Eberle heading the other way. I like Hartnell, but he's on the downswing of his career and is getting paid big bucks for the next 6 years. If he was 26, he'd be a great fit. Good player, just not the right age/contract for this club IMO. As for Coburn, I'm not a huge fan. I'll admit that I haven't seen him play a lot, but his stats don't paint a pretty picture. In particular, his giveaway-takeaway ratio is unflattering. The last thing we need is another give-away machine in our top 4. We have way too many as it is. I would rather try for someone with a different skill set. That said, we all know MacT has a man-crush...so what do I know.

The guys I like in Philly are apparently off the market. I think Couturier and Simmonds would be great here. Couturier might not turn into an offensive force, but I feel his size/defensive presence is sorely needed and Simmonds is the 2nd line power forward we've been looking for. I kind of doubt there's a deal to be made here...unless we get fleeced, which is entirely possible.

Old
10-31-2013, 11:05 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer View Post
the same 1st overall pick who came out earlier this year and said he didn't care about playing a system and just wanted to go out and do his own thing? the same one who said he's not going to change? that said he didn't like skating, forechecking or hitting? lol. yeah, that'll go over real well in Philly.
Someone posted this on the main board about Yakupov. Anyone else hear of this because I sure haven't.

Old
10-31-2013, 11:23 PM
spOiler

He said he doesnt want to go out and just hit he feels hes a goal scorer.

Old
10-31-2013, 11:27 PM
Burnt Biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Some Oiler fans in late February: RESIGN SMID IMMEDIATELY, HE CANT GO!!!
Some Oiler fans now: Trade him, he's regressing.

This is why HF Oil doesn't manage the Oilers.
This is me .

Although I don't think he's regressing, I just think the fit is not as good under the new coaching regime; given the systems we are implementing and the style we are trying to play.

Old
10-31-2013, 11:38 PM
Lindo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Someone posted this on the main board about Yakupov. Anyone else hear of this because I sure haven't.
English isn't his first language so i would probably hold off compared to everyone taking this as gospel. Usually there's a time with first overalls where they "figure it out". You even see Yak throw a big hit on occasion. I don't doubt he'll figure it out as well.

Old
10-31-2013, 11:44 PM
oil4life14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Hey Miller, your team sucks and you still don't want to come here?
And this team doesn't suck?!

Old
11-01-2013, 12:17 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Yakupov spoke to the media. They took his comments out of context and spun his poor English to be something it wasn't. The main board then had a field day, and came up with yet another interpretation of his comments. It's a load of BS

11-01-2013, 12:20 AM
djdub
#6cups

This thread is hilarious.

Go on a loosing streak and everyone wants to trade our 20-23 year old on the rise players.

One part of me just wants them to take pennies on the dollar and trade one away only to watch that player go on and have great success. I bet those same posters would be ripping management down the road for such, what these posters will call "idiotic trades", even though it is fans like you putting pressure on management to make such stupid trades.

It's my belief you never trade players like this unless it's for a big overpayment, an over the top addition at trade deadline (ala Erat for Forsberg) or a 1 for 1 young guy trade to get another young player at a different position, ala Yakupov for Seth Jones, which I would support.

Old
11-01-2013, 12:23 AM
FireMacT

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil4life14 View Post
And this team doesn't suck?!
We suck one less spot heh

Old
11-01-2013, 01:28 AM
MPStoEberletoHall

Quote:
True fan

Old
11-01-2013, 02:46 AM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by duul View Post
Eberle is more skilled than both Dubinsky and Umberger, but look at our mock lineups before and after this trade. How can you possibly say anything other than our team is majorly upgraded? Tyutin can play as a #1, although obviously not like the Weber's and Keith's of the game. He is a good stop gap for the next couple years.

I was being facetious, because you seem to think no deal is good enough to trade Eberle in. And you say yourself we should have traded him a few years ago, but unfortunately time passes and we're in the present.

He's a good player, but he is the prime candidate to be traded to improve multiple parts of our team. Just like Columbus improved greatly by trading Nash, we improve greatly by trading Eberle.
Yeah, nice, but the problem is Columbus won't agree...

Looks like the Pens fans are all about Eberle for Letang trade though. Or at least see it as reasonable.

Old
11-01-2013, 04:15 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

I am starting to think that the oilers need a game changing trade to shake things up

Old
11-01-2013, 04:38 AM
Tedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozwell View Post
I am starting to think that the oilers need a game changing trade to shake things up
Depends how desperate the Oilers mgmt. is to win right now. If the Oilers continue to suck ass, you can bet they will trim some salary (ie. Hemsky) and prepare for next season plum full of offseason hype. The fans are frustrated and desperate, I'm not so sure anyone in the Oilers brass is though. One could argue that the team really isn't playing with a lot of desperation either.

Old
11-01-2013, 04:46 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedi View Post
Depends how desperate the Oilers mgmt. is to win right now. If the Oilers continue to suck ass, you can bet they will trim some salary (ie. Hemsky) and prepare for next season plum full of offseason hype. The fans are frustrated and desperate, I'm not so sure anyone in the Oilers brass is though. One could argue that the team really isn't playing with a lot of desperation either.
Sorry-- Hemsky is not a game changing trade

game changer trade is Nuge, Gagner, Schultz, Yakupov, or Eberle is moved

Old
11-01-2013, 04:52 AM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Yup, and if you look at the Sabres, they had to retain some of Vanek's ticket to trade him. I imagine a similar scenario with Hemsky.

Hemsky and a 4th rounder somewhere for a 2nd rounder and mediocre forward/ prospect. Jim O'Brien?

Oilers retain 1.5M of Hemsky's remaining salary. They still clear about 2.25M assuming he is just replaced by a scrub in the lineup - that's smart money management. They'd be wise to arrange a similar move with N. Schultz to move his contract out and maybe save 1.5M and call up Fedun or Klefbom. Why bother waiting until the deadline?

I bet Ottawa would be interested in this sort of a trade for Hemsky.

Old
11-01-2013, 04:54 AM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Why would Pitt. trade their best D man and does it look like they need help scoring goals. Most fans justify their trades because it works on PS3.
Well, it looks like the Pens defense were doing alright without him, but their offense doesn't look that great right now. I mean when career 4th liner is playing on Geno wing it's not that good.

Closed Thread