HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's about time for a Kreider thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2013, 03:06 AM
2Leetch_94

vCash: 500
Prucha>Crosby>Kreider. Let's be reality here folks, Petr Prucha is a 30-goal scorer. They don't grow on trees. When has Kreider ever scored 30 goals? Exactly.

Old
11-01-2013, 07:14 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Kreider’s play in the five games since he was recalled from Hartford (AHL) – Vigneault said he’s been “if not our best forward, one of our best forwards every game” – and the return of left wing Carl Hagelin from off-season shoulder surgery Tuesday has made the Rangers a much tougher team to play against because of the speed and offensive skill each brings.
- See more at: http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Ra....O0TpzfTl.dpuf

Old
11-01-2013, 07:36 AM
UAGoalieGuy

I hope Kreider can keep this play up. He doesn't have to be on the score sheet every game but his fore check, speed and play in front of the net has made this team a lot more difficult to play against. Once Cally and Nash are back this could be a very dangerous team to play against.

Old
11-01-2013, 07:58 AM
pld459666

Kreider needs to be effective every night. If that happens to result in points awesome. If not it may result in points for other lines as teams start to respect his game offensively. The same holds true for pouliot-richards-hagelin line.

Last edited by pld459666: 11-01-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Old
11-01-2013, 08:42 AM
NYR Viper

His speed, along with Hagelin's has changed the entire dynamic of the team and he is creating space for his teammates by backing off defenders. It's evident.

Old
11-01-2013, 08:48 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Yes! His speed is much valued in th way AV likes to play and even how the team can play. It is crucial.

Old
11-01-2013, 09:29 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC704 View Post
I was there tonight, and Buffalo at the moment is awful, but from what I saw, Kreider's defensive play has drastically gotten better. I think he's finally responsible enough to the point where the coaching staff can feel relieved to leave him on the ice in bigger situations. He's back checking, communicating with teammates (and its noticeable) and out muscling other players on the boards for pucks in his own end. Still has a way to go, but he has really improved from last season.

I also believe that the early injuries might have been a blessing in disguise. He doesn't look like he's thinking anymore, at all. He's going and he's playing, and the results are there for all of us to see. He scored again tonight, going to/near the net, off a rebound. He was poised, collected himself VERY quickly and shot it in from an incredibly tough angle. His skill has been on full display this season. If you guys thought Zucc-Stepan-Kreider looked great together, imagine what a healthy Callahan can do on that line, bumping down Zucc to once again play with Brassard. The All-American Line IS coming. That line is going to wear a lot of teams down.

Edit: I hate making comparisons, but Kreider has honestly looked like JVR these last few games. He's been actually using his size and pounding near the net, making skilled plays EVERYWHERE on the ice, getting himself into great spots and shooting the puck like crazy. He's finally playing tenaciously.
Yeah--he's using his speed to get back fast. I've also noticed him pointing to guys which means he's communicating with his D--making sure who's got who.

Old
11-01-2013, 09:46 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

I hope they are sitting him down and making him watch video of himself these last few games lol... Really hammering home that this is how he needs to continue to approach the game.... He has to make this type of play his identity out on the ice as a player...

Old
11-01-2013, 09:50 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

It's like all of a sudden, a switch was flipped, and now he "gets it".

Hopefully he keeps developing his all-around game, and stays consistent.

Good stuff right now from him.

Old
11-01-2013, 10:03 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
I hope Kreider can keep this play up. He doesn't have to be on the score sheet every game but his fore check, speed and play in front of the net has made this team a lot more difficult to play against. Once Cally and Nash are back this could be a very dangerous team to play against.
Yeah I"m crossing my fingers here...if they can right the boat (which honestly they more or less have...since the division is so terrible right now they're basically tied with everyone except Philly for second place) and keep winning games without Callahan and Nash, when they eventually get those guys back then the team could really take off.

The good part about getting Cally back is that while he's not as fast as Hags or Kreider, he's also great on the forecheck and breaking up opponents defensemen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I hope they are sitting him down and making him watch video of himself these last few games lol... Really hammering home that this is how he needs to continue to approach the game.... He has to make this type of play his identity out on the ice as a player...
I'm no coach but I wouldn't be trying to hammer home anything to him right now, just tell him "you're playing great, keep it up!"

If you make him start thinking about how he's playing again then you could start preventing him from playing off instinct. Don't mess with what he's doing or make him think too much, just tell him he's doing a great job

Old
11-01-2013, 10:08 AM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

vCash: 243
There's literally nothing to complain about with Kreider lately. He's doing everything he can to be effective. Bullying other players, backchecking, shooting and hitting (15 of each in 5 games), skating hard, board play. I totally didn't expect this from him.

Old
11-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

http://nypost.com/2013/10/31/lunqvis...-lowly-sabres/

Quote:
A big part of our line right now is Chris Kreider moving his feet, Stepan said.
Simple.

Im glad Stepan didn't go into a soliloquy regarding Kreider's mental health.

Old
11-01-2013, 11:57 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
http://nypost.com/2013/10/31/lunqvis...-lowly-sabres/

Simple.

Im glad Stepan didn't go into a soliloquy regarding Kreider's mental health.
He also didn't say that Kreider wasn't giving his best effort previously, as you've claimed on several occasions. If you don't want to get into the reasons why he wasn't moving his feet, then don't.

Old
11-01-2013, 12:11 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Rob (NY)

WOW! What other words are there to describe how Chris Kreider is playing right now? Is this guy really that good and how good could he become for the Rangers?

Pierre LeBrun (11:58 AM)

Great hands, sweet skates, high ceiling for sure
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...-pierre-lebrun

Old
11-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Somehow in the past month, Kreider's game has changed to the point where he doesn't look out of place any more.

I have been very critical of his game, I don't think he ever learned how to play possession hockey, but the past couple games his stickhandling confidence in the offensive zone has been much improved. It doesn't mean he will be a star player, but he is useful at an NHL level playing as he is right now.

Old
11-01-2013, 12:16 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
He also didn't say that Kreider wasn't giving his best effort previously, as you've claimed on several occasions. If you don't want to get into the reasons why he wasn't moving his feet, then don't.
Well, he wasn't. But I don't think he was purposefully not giving his best. I don't think he knew how to.

Old
11-01-2013, 12:23 PM
noupf

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
It's like all of a sudden, a switch was flipped, and now he "gets it".

Hopefully he keeps developing his all-around game, and stays consistent.

Good stuff right now from him.
Something positive has definitely happened to this kid. Maybe AV pulled him aside and said some really positive things to Kreider.....maybe he got laid, idk, but something got his ass in gear. No matter what it was......a switch was flipped and this kid all of a sudden figured out what he has in his tool bag and he has figured out how and when to use it. His speed, size and smarts are now showing and it looks like he wants to play his ass off.

Perhaps having a coach like torts, who publicly trashed his players could have something to do with Kreider's lack of effort and or confusion on "how to play to his strengths"? Not to mention all the call ups and send downs.

Old
11-01-2013, 12:30 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Maybe Richards called in a favor with Olivia Munn?

Old
11-01-2013, 12:33 PM
JCrusher*

Some have already mentioned this but kreider really started playing well at the end of training camp and then in hartford and it has translated well. i think in the beginning of raining camp he put a lot of pressure on himself playing on the top line. Toward the end he started to play better then in hartford he was dominating the few games he played even when he didnt score. I think playing with stepan and zucc who he has chemistry really makes things easier and lets him concentrate on using his physical gifts

Old
11-01-2013, 12:39 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Maybe Richards called in a favor with Olivia Munn?
really think the new found confidence is down to growin out the hair.

Old
11-01-2013, 12:39 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by noupf View Post
Something positive has definitely happened to this kid. Maybe AV pulled him aside and said some really positive things to Kreider.....maybe he got laid, idk, but something got his ass in gear. No matter what it was......a switch was flipped and this kid all of a sudden figured out what he has in his tool bag and he has figured out how and when to use it. His speed, size and smarts are now showing and it looks like he wants to play his ass off.

Perhaps having a coach like torts, who publicly trashed his players could have something to do with Kreider's lack of effort and or confusion on "how to play to his strengths"? Not to mention all the call ups and send downs.
Or perhaps he was just bad and, as young players often do, has gotten better as he gets more acclimated to the NHL?

The obsession with blaming everything else for Kreider's mediocrity before the last few games is ridiculous.

Old
11-01-2013, 12:58 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Or perhaps he was just bad and, as young players often do, has gotten better as he gets more acclimated to the NHL?

The obsession with blaming everything else for Kreider's mediocrity before the last few games is ridiculous.
You can tell that there was something mental going on. I think it was just a lack of confidence.

Old
11-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post

Or maybe it's not. Confidence in sports is a funny thing. When you have it, often you don't know why; and you perform up to your potential. When you don't have it, again often you're not sure why; and you perform below your potential. In this case, some of us have a pretty good guess as to why CK was less than confident last year; Three words. Torts the Clown.

Old
11-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
You can tell that there was something mental going on. I think it was just a lack of confidence.
Torts sending him up and down and publicly criticizing him must have done him wonders.

Old
11-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Right. As you've astutely pointed out, he was thinking so hard that his feet couldn't follow. Thankfully, thats cleared up.

Closed Thread