HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL Expansion part III

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2013, 11:50 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post

-Jokerit can negotiate their own tv-contract
-Team will use air charters for travelling
-KHL probably will have divisions next year, so travel would be easier
-Team will get build around Finnish players, few foreigners too
-Budget is set to be around mid level in KHL
-Arena gets new lighting etc.
Curious about that since vorky has stated several times KHL negotiates all tv contracts and keeps the money as well.

Old
10-30-2013, 12:28 PM
Finnpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Kurri, Selänne, Lehtonen and that's it.
Those are the elite, Filppula is the "good".

Quote:
Curious about that since vorky has stated several times KHL negotiates all tv contracts and keeps the money as well.
Why would have Harkimo said it, if not true.

Old
10-30-2013, 01:11 PM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Weren't that you, Jussi, the one saying that KHL will destroy Jokerit's youngsters chances of breaking through just couple of months agos? Teravainens and whatnots?

Old
10-30-2013, 01:29 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Those are the elite, Filppula is the "good".

Why would have Harkimo said it, if not true.
Yes, Flip is THE good. And that's it.

Because Harkimo doesn't know everything. Or rather you need to ask vorky if they changed it.

Old
10-30-2013, 01:32 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
Weren't that you, Jussi, the one saying that KHL will destroy Jokerit's youngsters chances of breaking through just couple of months agos? Teravainens and whatnots?
I didn't say destroy but that it would not be possible to go from A-juniors or Mestis straight to KHL. Heck our current juniors have trouble jumping from Mestis to 1üga. And I was referring to future juniors. TT's been around for a while and he's irrelevant to discussion since he won't be playing in the KHL.

Old
10-30-2013, 01:55 PM
Finnpin

Quote:
And that's it.
TT is probably next. Jokerit is still the best Finnish club that have produced NHL talent. TPS comes second. Nobody knows what happens in the future. Except Jussi.

Old
10-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
TT is probably next. Jokerit is still the best Finnish club that have produced NHL talent. TPS comes second. Nobody knows what happens in the future. Except Jussi.
It helps if you pay attention to what's going on in the juniors. The most potentially promsing player in the Jokerit juniors is defenseman Olli Juolevi (-98), there's no Puljujärvi or another TT level guy coming in the near future.

"TT is probably next". Now who's predicting the future?

Old
10-30-2013, 06:01 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
not local (national) broadcasts though, right?

donbass just got a new national deal and the team (kolesnikov) owns the XSport channel, hard to imagine the khl negotiating and keeping that money lol

http://hcdonbass.com/news/klub/ictv_...r_khk_donbass/

Old
10-30-2013, 10:47 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
not local (national) broadcasts though, right?

donbass just got a new national deal and the team (kolesnikov) owns the XSport channel, hard to imagine the khl negotiating and keeping that money lol

I don't know, he never clarified.

Old
10-31-2013, 03:05 AM
Eisbaerenfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianhockey View Post
it looks like the DEG was really in trouble.

the reports says: there is a rumor, that the players didnt received money for the last 2 months and that the club was on the verge of insolvency.

http://www.rp-online.de/region-duess...geld-1.3775965
The DEG was in financial trouble but according to the players, they always received their money in time.
With the new shareholder structure they are now more financially secure - especially thanks to Peter Hoberg (founder of Hoberg & Driesch) who took over the shares of some non-paying "sponsors" and then sold some of the shares to Mikhail Ponomarev and kept most of them for himself. Ponomarev and Energy Consulting are also sponoring Fortuna Düsseldorf. Responsible for the deal is Christina Begale who works for Energy Consulting. She used to be the assistant of the former mayor.

sources:

http://www.rp-online.de/sport/mehr/e...unft-1.3780992

http://www.express.de/deg/neuer-inve...,24795616.html

Old
10-31-2013, 05:13 AM
russianhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post

do not see ice hockey listened in their schedule.
http://ictv.ua/ua/index/programs

when will the deal come true?

Old
11-01-2013, 05:52 AM
ult

Interview with Rotenberg: http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/s...rg/526087.html

Old
11-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
Google translate being what is it, but he said something about atmosphere in the arena not being satisfactory? Well I guess he's not that "Finnish" after all if he expects a European football like atmosphere. I sincerely hope he doesn't plan on "artificial" stuff like encouragements to cheer via jumbotron/led panels ("cheer to fill the meter") because that sort of thing is extremely frowned upon by Jokerit fans or Finns in general. I mean they're already complaining about the kiss cam that's in use currently.

He did an interview in Finnish for Jokerit Youtube channel as well:

Old
11-01-2013, 12:34 PM
ult

Quote:
Google translate being what is it, but he said something about atmosphere in the arena not being satisfactory? Well I guess he's not that "Finnish" after all if he expects a European football like atmosphere. I sincerely hope he doesn't plan on "artificial" stuff like encouragements to cheer via jumbotron/led panels ("cheer to fill the meter") because that sort of thing is extremely frowned upon by Jokerit fans or Finns in general. I mean they're already complaining about the kiss cam that's in use currently.

He did an interview in Finnish for Jokerit Youtube channel as well:
He said that the atmosphere in Hartwall arena is subpar when compared to the Ice Palace in St. Petersburg, granted the both arenas are based on the same project and are very similar. And he's not a fan of football like atmosphere, if anything they're trying to copy the best North American examples. They will install a LED ring, improve the lighting and sound systems, and my guess is they will emphasize on a free t-shirts and different "noise-making" merchandise, mascots, cheerleaders, pre-game shows and stuff like that. Like he said, the main goal is to make visiting hockey a popular destination. The less- dependent they are on the people like you mentioned (the ones who complain about kiss-cams) - the better it is.

Also he especially mentioned that he never said that he feels himself as a Finn.

Old
11-01-2013, 12:44 PM
Jonimaus

Quote:
He said that the atmosphere in Hartwall arena is subpar when compared to the Ice Palace in St. Petersburg, granted the both arenas are based on the same project and are very similar. And he's not a fan of football like atmosphere, if anything they're trying to copy the best North American examples. They will install a LED ring, improve the lighting and sound systems, and my guess is they will emphasize on a free t-shirts and different "noise-making" merchandise, mascots, cheerleaders, pre-game shows and stuff like that. Like he said, the main goal is to make visiting hockey a popular destination. The less- dependent they are on the people like you mentioned (the ones who complain about kiss-cams) - the better it is.

Also he especially mentioned that he never said that he feels himself as a Finn.
You forgot 'Let's go Jokerit'.

Old
11-01-2013, 01:05 PM
ult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonimaus View Post
Whatever works for a wide public. I'm not nitpicky. And I guess no one will argue that from a business point of view north american sports culture is a success?

Old
11-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:

Those we know already from the interviews he gave in Finnish. The big problem with Hartwall Areena is that it's "built wrong" when it comes to acoustics. It basically requires at least 10K people to get a good atmosphere (if Eteläpääty is taking a day off).
Edit: Jokerit also already have cheerleaders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonimaus View Post
Funny, some Finns actually managed to post at jatkoaika.com that if he ever sees "Let's go Jokerit", he'll walk out of the arena immediately.

Last edited by Jussi: 11-01-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old
11-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Whatever works for a wide public. I'm not nitpicky. And I guess no one will argue that from a business point of view north american sports culture is a success?
Yeah but it doesn't work 1:1 in Europe.

Old
11-01-2013, 01:24 PM
russianhockey

Quote:

where from rotenberg can speak finnish?

Old
11-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Kennel

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianhockey View Post
where from rotenberg can speak finnish?
He lived his teenage years in Finland 1991-99.

VVVVV Mother's father was Ingrian Finn and that's why they moved to Finland after the Soviet collapse.

Last edited by Kennel: 11-01-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old
11-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennel View Post
He lived his teenage years in Finland 1991-99.
His mother might also be Finnish, at least she lives in Finland.

Old
11-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

https://fi.unibet.com/betting#/event/1001825066

In case it shows in Finnish, that's:

Jokerit - KHL in 2014-15:

Win:
Yes 15.00
No 1.01

Average attendance at least 10K (regular season):
Yes 1.62
No 2.15

If i was registered there, I'd put money on attendance below 10K. It was actually 2.55 initially but as soon as someone brought up the idea that the Russians will buy those 10K in, it went down.

Old
11-01-2013, 03:25 PM
ult

What are the odds for the Cup win?

Old
11-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
What are the odds for the Cup win?
This part

Quote:
Win:
Yes 15.00

Old
11-01-2013, 07:01 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:

This guy is smart. If more kHL teams follow his model, I believe they will be more successful. The small things go a long way. Things like proper lighting etc.. building proper atmosphere will keep fans coming almost regardless of results. These things he mentions are relatively cheap as well...

Closed Thread