HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's about time for a Kreider thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2013, 03:14 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
You can tell that there was something mental going on. I think it was just a lack of confidence.
he was damaged by torts. hes just now getting his confidence back.

if i were lucky enough to be any ny ranger player, i would be ryan mcdonough or kris kreider. both guys with immense talent and elite wheels.

to be 6'3 and 220 lbs and have a stride like kreider has is filthy. skys the limit if he figures out how to use his size and speed on every shift.

Old
11-01-2013, 03:18 PM
GFiP

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
he was damaged by torts. hes just now getting his confidence back.

if i were lucky enough to be any ny ranger player, i would be ryan mcdonough or kris kreider. both guys with immense talent and elite wheels.

to be 6'3 and 220 lbs and have a stride like kreider has is filthy. skys the limit if he figures out how to use his size and speed on every shift.

It's hard to provide any offense when he was put on line with the Powes and Ashams of the world.

Old
11-01-2013, 03:24 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFiP View Post
It's hard to provide any offense when he was put on line with the Powes and Ashams of the world.
Very true. Its ironic that in Torts final days as the Rangers coach he finally started trusting him and bumped him up to the top lines and he did well

Old
11-01-2013, 03:26 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Or perhaps he was just bad and, as young players often do, has gotten better as he gets more acclimated to the NHL?

The obsession with blaming everything else for Kreider's mediocrity before the last few games is ridiculous.
Agreed, and power forwards usually take a longer time to develop anyway. I haven't seen excuses like this for our other young players who have struggled or been inconsistent early in their career.

Old
11-01-2013, 04:01 PM
JC704

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Yeah--he's using his speed to get back fast. I've also noticed him pointing to guys which means he's communicating with his D--making sure who's got who.
Yep. There was a play in the Buffalo game last night where the Sabres' could've had a 2-on-1, and not only did Kreider get back and cut off the play entirely, he distinctly pointed to MCDONAGH and told McDonagh who to cover. That was really the moment I knew that this Kreider was here to say.

Old
11-01-2013, 04:06 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC704 View Post
Yep. There was a play in the Buffalo game last night where the Sabres' could've had a 2-on-1, and not only did Kreider get back and cut off the play entirely, he distinctly pointed to MCDONAGH and told McDonagh who to cover. That was really the moment I knew that this Kreider was here to say.
Yep. I remember that play as well. There was then another one where he got back to even up a 3-on-2 and you could visibly see him demonstrating "I've got the third guy." Great to see.

Old
11-01-2013, 04:33 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC704 View Post
He's actually done that a few times since being called up. Basically it speaks to his being involved in all areas of the ice.

I expected that sooner or later Chris was going to get it. The question was becoming how long?--it's turning into right now.

Old
11-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Are you saying Kreider is big and strong? I came over this, he got leveled by Murray the other day. Maybe he needs to spend more time in the weight room, to avoid getting tossed like that.

Old
11-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
Very true. Its ironic that in Torts final days as the Rangers coach he finally started trusting him and bumped him up to the top lines and he did well
Theres nothing ironic about it whatsoever. Kreider started skating a bit more and was rewarded more ice time. Real tough concept to understand.

Old
11-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Are you saying Kreider is big and strong? I came over this, he got leveled by Murray the other day. Maybe he needs to spend more time in the weight room, to avoid getting tossed like that.

Cool.

I can cherry pick videos on YouTube as well.

Kreider is the strongest hitter ever!

Old
11-01-2013, 04:57 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:

well it was a interference penalty on that play. I mean every player gets hit once in awhile. Didnt Nash get destroyed by Oshie on consecutive games. the point is Kreider most of time isnt gonna get knocked around like that. Murray is a tough defenseman

Old
11-01-2013, 04:57 PM
noupf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Torts sending him up and down and publicly criticizing him must have done him wonders.
what ever do you mean? Don't you realize that being treated like crap makes every player want to perform their best???

Dont you realize that if you're not living up to expectations, , its always the players fault...... duh !!!

Old
11-01-2013, 05:51 PM
Levitate

Murray is probably one of the most solid players in the league, if not the most solid. He's slow as crap and doesn't handle the puck worth a damn but when he steps into a guy there's not a player in this league that isn't gonna get rocked.

Murray stepped up into Kreider who didn't have the puck and wasn't expecting a hit, and Kreider also stood up to take the force of the hit so he didn't get nailed in the head.

Old
11-01-2013, 05:53 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:

Is this post for real?

11-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Crease

Kreider is a workout freak. He's been all over the offensive zone since he's been back. And has made several takeaways in the neutral zone. Good for him. I hope he keeps it up. And the team needs him to.

Old
11-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Aufheben
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 Chiefs View Post

Is this post for real?
No idea what 530x6 means but that made me lightheaded just watching...

Old
11-01-2013, 06:29 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
No idea what 530x6 means but that made me lightheaded just watching...
Lifted 530lbs 6 times.

Old
11-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Aufheben
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Lifted 530lbs 6 times.
That's possible?

Damn.

Old
11-01-2013, 06:40 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:

Showing a video of Kreider getting hit by Doug "the meat sack" Murray means nothing. Chara would go down in a collision with Murray, the guy is big enough to be an offensive lineman.

Old
11-01-2013, 06:46 PM
ecemleafs

also kreider didnt have the puck on the play so i doubt he expected to get decked by an nfl linebacker on the play.

Old
11-01-2013, 06:57 PM
RangersChamps2417

There's gonna come a day (I think its soon) when Kreider is our best forward. I personally feel he has the skating ability of Gabby, the power of Nash and does some of the things Cally and Stepan do. We could be watching the next great Ranger star being born in front of our eyes

Old
11-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Kreider was already falling backwards when he was hit. The kid is built like a tank, so that's the least of my worries in regards to his game.

Old
11-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Brady Skjei

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 Chiefs View Post

Wasn't there a huge ********** over Stamkos deadlifting 500 lbs 4 times about 3 months ago? This vidieo has Kreider besting that by 30 pounds and 2 reps over a year ago.. I wonder what his numbers are at now! haha

Old
11-01-2013, 07:55 PM
haveandare

Quote:

More time in the weight room? I would advise against that. The guy is huge as it and his speed/strength ratio is just right at this time IMO. He got hit without expecting it by another big guy and he fell down, got right back up and kept playing. That's fine.

Old
11-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Well...

This one was bad. Seriously, Im surprised he wasn't knocked out there, guess he must be pretty tough then.

Closed Thread