HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Infirmary [UPD: Gagner (Ankle), Ference (Pectoral Tear), Gordon(Shoulder)]

Old
11-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Human Torch View Post
Too bad most of them belong in the ECHL.
Do list how over half the roster, which is most, belong in the ECHL.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 02:32 PM
ghostnights

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
Do list how over half the roster, which is most, belong in the ECHL.
I would also like to know which Oilers belong in the ECHL?

ghostnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 02:57 PM
RisingSun
Registered Potato

Schultz is out now?

RisingSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 03:02 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Human Torch View Post
Too bad most of them belong in the ECHL.
I understand fan frustration, it's completely warranted, but hyperbole like this completely detracts from the message boards.

SeriousBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 03:19 PM
DeathbyCheerios

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness View Post
I understand fan frustration, it's completely warranted, but hyperbole like this completely detracts from the message boards.
Put our entire bottom six in the echl and watch them dominate... Might be fun

DeathbyCheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 03:28 PM
loller12

When we get Hall, Joensuu, and Perron back I think its possible oilers could pull off a Columbus type of season, Im pretty sure Columbus had a worse record last year at the end of oct, then the oilers had this year so far. In most nights the oilers have outplayed there opposition and dominated the faceoff circle, and now that we have average goaltending things might be looking up. I will not judge this team until the start of January, despite how bad our season started off its better to have a bad start in the beginning of the season then playing bad after the trade deadline. Also the oilers always started strong right off the bat every year but look where that gotten us in those years. Maybe facing this kind of adversity early is what this team may need to actually be competitive.

Last edited by loller12: 11-01-2013 at 03:38 PM.
loller12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 04:20 PM
bone

vCash: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by loller12 View Post
Im pretty sure Columbus had a worse record last year at the end of oct, then the oilers had this year so far.
I think they were 0-0 at the end of October .

Their first 14 were 4-8-2 so pretty close, but they bottomed out at 5-12-2 before a string of 9 out of 10 went to overtime and they earned points in 11 of 12 to improve to 13-12-6. Then they were in the fight and continued to play well from there. They also had another hot streak later on winning 8 of 9 and overall went 19-5-5 after that bad start to end up just shy of the playoffs.

I think the moral is moreso that even playing at a 19-5-5 clip in the second half they couldn't erase the bad start and earn a playoff spot. That's why this mess they got themselves into is perilous.

bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 04:25 PM
bone

vCash: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by loller12 View Post
Im pretty sure Columbus had a worse record last year at the end of oct, then the oilers had this year so far.

Their first 14 were 4-8-2 so pretty close, but they bottomed out at 5-12-2 before a string of 9 out of 10 went to overtime and they earned points in 12 straight to improve to 13-12-6. Then they were in the fight and continued to play well from there. They also had another hot streak later on winning 8 of 9 and overall went 19-5-5 after that bad start to end up just shy of the playoffs.

I think the moral is moreso that even playing at a 19-5-5 clip in the second half they couldn't erase the bad start and earn a playoff spot. That's why this mess they got themselves into is perilous.

bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 04:39 PM
DeathbyCheerios

Quote:
Originally Posted by bone View Post

Their first 14 were 4-8-2 so pretty close, but they bottomed out at 5-12-2 before a string of 9 out of 10 went to overtime and they earned points in 12 straight to improve to 13-12-6. Then they were in the fight and continued to play well from there. They also had another hot streak later on winning 8 of 9 and overall went 19-5-5 after that bad start to end up just shy of the playoffs.

Yes but if it was a full season Columbus could of made it. Fighting for a play off spot half way into a full season is what they ended with. We can make it if we do a similar run

DeathbyCheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 04:49 PM
oilphan

Perron neck MRI? Yikes. I wonder who they can bypass Omark for.

oilphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 05:04 PM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

This team is not good enough to deal with injuries. It never has been for like 8 years.

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 05:26 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Haven't heard anything on Smac. Are we even going to see him this season?

inb4Ihopenot

SeriousBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Meanashell11

This has got to be the right time to listen to Tony

Dallas Eakins: I don't know what to say, really.

Three minutes to the biggest battle of our professional lives. All comes down to today, and either, we heal as a team, or we're gonna crumble.

Inch by inch, play by play. Until we're finished.

We're in hell right now, gentlemen. Believe me. And, we can stay here, get the **** kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.

Now I can't do it for ya, I'm too old.

I look around, I see these young faces and I think, I mean, I've made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I, uh, I've pissed away all my money, believe it or not.

I chased off anyone who's ever loved me. And lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror.

You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches, so is hockey. Because in either game - life or hockey - the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite tip it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second.

On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when add up all those inches, that's gonna make the ****ing difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!

I'll tell you this, in any fight it's the guy whose willing to die whose gonna win that inch. And I know, if I'm gonna have any life anymore it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch, because that's what living is, the six inches in front of your face.

Now I can't make you do it.

You've got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think ya going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. Your gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it your gonna do the same for him. That's a team, gentlemen, and either, we heal, now, as a team, or we will die as individuals. That's hockey guys, that's all it is. Now, what are you gonna do?

Meanashell11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 07:18 PM
PETRYDISH

vCash: 50
I'm out of tears, I'm numb to this world. The Oilers broke me and left my thoughts all swirled. Halls out with a bad knee, now my emotions turn like the black sea. Joensuus got a bad back, as this team slips further off track. Perrons got a sore neck, now this teams a wreck... we might as well all hit the deck. Now Schultz is out! and I doubt we ever get out of this drought! Reinhart looks great but how much longer can I wait!!!? Will anything ever set this team straight? Mact? he aint. Lowe says wait he knows how to win, well Lowe you know how much time it's been!? Once you're canned I will wear a **** eating grin, until then **** this ****. Oh BTW stay out of the lineup, Smyth.

PETRYDISH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:58 AM
redgrant

Does anyone have any theories as to why so many oilers get hurt? There are other small skilled teams in fact were playing one tonight in Detroit. It seems every game someone goes down. I'm tempted to have a poll asking "who gets hurt against detroit?".

Really frustrating.

redgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Ragss

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgrant View Post
Does anyone have any theories as to why so many oilers get hurt? There are other small skilled teams in fact were playing one tonight in Detroit. It seems every game someone goes down. I'm tempted to have a poll asking "who gets hurt against detroit?".

Really frustrating.

Lots of players all over the league get weird, long injuries. So there is some comformation bias at play. That being said, there must be something in the back of a player's mind when he puts on an Oilers jersey as of late, because guys like Smac and Hordi literally went on for their first shift, then proceeded to hurt themselves badly on their first hit. I'll bet in all their whole careers that never happened.

Ragss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 04:06 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:

Really frustrating.
I don't think there's really any explanation for it this year other than bad luck.

The only injury that was directly caused by malicious play was Gagner's.

GreatKeith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 07:36 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:

Really frustrating.
The ice would contribute to some of it. Anybody thats played hockey hates playing on poor ice with ruts or alternately slush in it. Rexall ice is poor. Thats a contributing factor on some injuries. Small team, stupid team with little vet experience teaching kids what to avoid. Even the vets we have like Hemsky are dumb as hammers when it comes to sensibly avoiding trouble spots. This being a guy that got run by Regehr 3 times in one game. Twice headfirst into the boards.

When you got a team with this kind of on ice leadership a whole lot of stupid takes place out there.

Theres a meme of Hall rushing the puck against "Chara so I better keep my head down" It would be funny if not true. Hall fits the great lineage here of offering head on platter too many times. WE have a lot of guys that seem to not see hits coming.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:47 PM
Nunymare
Rinse, repeat

Send a message via MSN to Nunymare
+ Bachman and Belov.

Groin and another knee?

Nunymare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2013, 11:55 PM
Vikingstad
**** the King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunymare View Post
+ Bachman and Belov.

Groin and another knee?
Bachman looked like Groin, Belov looked like an ankle injury.

Vikingstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 12:18 AM
redgrant

Every game. Every single game someone gets injured. Honestly whos left to get injured?

redgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 06:29 PM
jadeddog

no word on belov yet eh?

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

Quote:
Every game. Every single game someone gets injured. Honestly whos left to get injured?

What we got going on here is a classic case of:

Diamondillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Hockey Nightmare

We're still waiting for news on Pitlick and it's been over a week.

Hockey Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 06:49 PM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Ones View Post
We're still waiting for news on Pitlick and it's been over a week.
The Oilers have been very secretive about injuries this year. It's really annoying.

OilerTyler is online now   Reply With Quote