HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Blues Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Even Pochiro has 13 points in 15 games. His points are spread out and consistent, so it's not like he has some crazy couple outlier games either.

If Carrier and Vannelli develop and Pochiro becomes a Sobotka like player, a pest who can score decently, then this would become a really good draft despite only having 4 picks.
From what I've seen Pochiro is more scrappy than Sobotka. His junior stats are very similar to Derek Dorsett's aside from less PIM's. I think he's more on that type of player line than Sobotka.

Old
10-30-2013, 02:17 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

vCash: 500
Carrier will play for the QMJHL in the Subway Series this year. Great to see him make the team and get some recognition despite being on a weak team.

Old
10-31-2013, 06:10 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
Carrier will play for the QMJHL in the Subway Series this year. Great to see him make the team and get some recognition despite being on a weak team.
The kids in the CHL had a good night - Carrier had 4 points, Porchino picked up an assist and Vannelli pick up one as well.

Old
11-01-2013, 05:59 AM
execwrite

Colton Parayko named WCHA Defenseman of the Week

The kid is already a monster - 6'5", 220 lbs

Old
11-01-2013, 10:17 AM
tfriede2

Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite View Post
Colton Parayko named WCHA Defenseman of the Week

The kid is already a monster - 6'5", 220 lbs
Colton "I must break you" Parayko...he kind of looks like Ivan Drago, and from what I've read, he's built like Drago too. Definitely nice to have 3 big, mean prospect defensemen in our ranks with Edmundson, Hakanpaa, and Parayko. We also have Lindbohm, who is big/physical. Then Schmaltz and Vanelli are our offensive d-man prospects. Our d-man depth (prospect-wise) is awesome right now. I'd guess that Hakanpaa/Lindbohm's upsides bottom-pairing d-men, but the rest have top 4 potential. If half of the aforementioned d-men become NHL regulars, that would be a huge success, IMO.

Old
11-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfriede2 View Post
Colton "I must break you" Parayko...he kind of looks like Ivan Drago, and from what I've read, he's built like Drago too. Definitely nice to have 3 big, mean prospect defensemen in our ranks with Edmundson, Hakanpaa, and Parayko. We also have Lindbohm, who is big/physical. Then Schmaltz and Vanelli are our offensive d-man prospects. Our d-man depth (prospect-wise) is awesome right now. I'd guess that Hakanpaa/Lindbohm's upsides bottom-pairing d-men, but the rest have top 4 potential. If half of the aforementioned d-men become NHL regulars, that would be a huge success, IMO.
I don't see why getting experience won't allow Hakanpaa to eventually become a #4 defenceman in The NHL. Why do you think his ultimate upside potential is that low?

Old
11-01-2013, 03:29 PM
tfriede2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
I don't see why getting experience won't allow Hakanpaa to eventually become a #4 defenceman in The NHL. Why do you think his ultimate upside potential is that low?
Nothing much more than a gut feeling - it appears that Edmundson/Parayko have some offensive potential, but Lindbohm and Hakanpaa are pretty limited offensively. However, this is purely based on what I have read about each - I haven't watched them much. I could easily be wrong.

Old
11-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Yosemite Sam

vCash: 1050
Just checked in on Ty Rattie's progress. Can anyone explain how he only has one point in nine games?

Old
11-01-2013, 03:40 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfriede2 View Post
Nothing much more than a gut feeling - it appears that Edmundson/Parayko have some offensive potential, but Lindbohm and Hakanpaa are pretty limited offensively. However, this is purely based on what I have read about each - I haven't watched them much. I could easily be wrong.
From what I've read, Lindbohm has been captain and their best defenseman in his age group....and whatever you do, don't put your head down or he will knock it off. One of the clips from the junior championship has a forward laying on the ground at Lindbohm's feet. I'll try to find it. I don't think I would limit him to a bottom 6, if he is their #1 guy right now. His offense has also picked up from the previous year as he has eclipsed his point totals already. He may be your shut down D man with one of the ice dancers...haha.

Old
11-01-2013, 03:42 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
I think Hakanpaa has some serious athleticism. The times I have seen him there's a bit of EJ in him where a big guy can seem to have smaller guy agility. He had more polishing to do so this year and next are big ones for him and we'll see how he develops.

The Blues really do have some excellent prospect depth among defensemen. None are can't-miss guys but there's a lot of quality, size and upside. I think the Blues are committed to Petro, Bouwmeester and Jackman (until he retires) as blueline mainstays but the defensemen coming up could supplant Shattenkirk, Polak, Leopold and Cole. Not immediately, but in time.

Really I like the Blues' pipeline depth at all positions except center. At center it's a horrifying wasteland.

Old
11-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam View Post
Just checked in on Ty Rattie's progress. Can anyone explain how he only has one point in nine games?
Adjustments. I don't think anyone expected Rattie to hit the ground running in the pro game, but I don't think there is anything to worry about. I've not seen a lot of the Wolves yet, but when I have Rattie has had a couple of noticeable shifts.

As I type the Wolves tweet he hits the post His points will come in the second half of the season.

Old
11-01-2013, 09:46 PM
rivoshy 1774

Quote:
Ty Rattie with 2 goals and 1 assist and the games' first star in a Chicago win tonight

Old
11-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 2357
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivoshy 1774 View Post
Ty Rattie with 2 goals and 1 assist and the games' first star in a Chicago win tonight
haha awesome

Old
11-01-2013, 10:41 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Wolves play OKC again tomorrow night. Ty Rattie is awful and will never amount to anything.

If logical criticism leads 2 goals and an assist, surely idiotic overreaction will get that Rat Trick. C'mon Rattie, don't let me down.

Old
11-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Good for him.

Old
11-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
I would think he will have a hard time getting any higher than 3rd pair for a while. We have Petro/JBo for the next 6 years plus Shattenkirk for a while, the you would think Schmaltz Vanelli will play in a top 4 roll, which leaves Jani, unfortunately, a bottom pair defender. Hopefully he has 2nd pair abilities, and we can allow him to dominate on the bottom pair! Would be kinda how the Cards have built their rotation/Bullpens!!

Old
11-02-2013, 11:57 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Rattie had another goal tonight, looks like he's starting to find his groove in the AHL.

Old
11-03-2013, 04:15 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwagon View Post
I would think he will have a hard time getting any higher than 3rd pair for a while. We have Petro/JBo for the next 6 years plus Shattenkirk for a while, the you would think Schmaltz Vanelli will play in a top 4 roll, which leaves Jani, unfortunately, a bottom pair defender. Hopefully he has 2nd pair abilities, and we can allow him to dominate on the bottom pair! Would be kinda how the Cards have built their rotation/Bullpens!!
I think you have to look at him as a lower cost alternative to Polak. He is a right handed shot. Players like Polak seem to be in high demand and get good compensation at the deadline especially. Whether he is a bottom six or not, he will get plenty of ice with Pietro and Shatty not necessarily being defensive stalwarts. Schmaltz and Vanelli are both right handed shots as well. I guess the Blues have to hope one of them pans out or use them as trade chips ala Rundblad becoming Tarasenko.

Old
11-03-2013, 08:44 AM
rivoshy 1774

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Wolves play OKC again tomorrow night. Ty Rattie is awful and will never amount to anything.

If logical criticism leads 2 goals and an assist, surely idiotic overreaction will get that Rat Trick. C'mon Rattie, don't let me down.
3 goals and an assist this weekend. Not bad for a guy who's awful and well amount to nothing

Old
11-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Yosemite Sam

vCash: 1050
Quote:
3 goals and an assist this weekend. Not bad for a guy who's awful and well amount to nothing
You've been mod-trolled!

Old
11-03-2013, 12:10 PM
Steenalizer
Slingshot Engage.

vCash: 915
Quote:
You've been mod-trolled!
Lol

Old
11-03-2013, 03:39 PM
rivoshy 1774

Quote:
You've been mod-trolled!
yep. lol.

Old
11-04-2013, 05:13 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

MacEachern puts up 2 goals yesterday. Bit concerned by the lack of stat sheet numbers, but then again it looks like scoring on most of our college prospects' teams is relatively low.

Old
11-04-2013, 07:41 AM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
I think you have to look at him as a lower cost alternative to Polak. He is a right handed shot. Players like Polak seem to be in high demand and get good compensation at the deadline especially. Whether he is a bottom six or not, he will get plenty of ice with Pietro and Shatty not necessarily being defensive stalwarts. Schmaltz and Vanelli are both right handed shots as well. I guess the Blues have to hope one of them pans out or use them as trade chips ala Rundblad becoming Tarasenko.
Uh, Petro is most definitely a defensive stalwart. He's our best player by a mile, especially defensively.

Old
11-04-2013, 07:53 AM
Alklha

Vannelli is 4-9-13 in 14 games for Medicine Hat. Carrier is 7-17-24 in 18 for Cape Breton.

Closed Thread