HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Move in a Few Weeks

Old
12-14-2006, 04:48 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by polako View Post
I'm surprised that people think Hossa should sit...he's been playing well in his role pretty much all season long.
He has not been playing better than the other bottom-tier forwards. If not him, then who do you propose sits when Ortmeyer returns? It has to be one of Prucha, Hollweg, Ward, Hall or Hossa.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 07:14 PM
Esa 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
He has not been playing better than the other bottom-tier forwards. If not him, then who do you propose sits when Ortmeyer returns? It has to be one of Prucha, Hollweg, Ward, Hall or Hossa.
Are you serious? Hall has been this team's worst forward. Other than the PP time he barely gets, he doesn't bring anything unique to the line-up. Now his PK time will be cut by Orts. Hall is not a physical presence. I can't remember the last time Hall threw something other than an "excuse-me" check. His lack of hustle is glaring when he plays with Hollweg and Prucha. He rarely gets involved in scrums. He has trouble skating with the puck and isn't as good on the cycle as Hossa. He has a decent shot and that's basically it.

He reminds me of last year's Niemenen. A guy who's supposed to bring grit with a bit of a scoring touch, yet ends up looking lazy and uninvolved when he hits the ice. Put him in the press-box and Ozo on waivers when Orts returns.

Esa 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 09:23 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
???????? I do not know if I should laugh or cry.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 09:52 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Hall easily from that group

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 10:20 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Hall easily from that group
Yep. Hall brings ZERO to the team. I mean most nights I forget he is even a Ranger. I'd drop Ozo AND Orr and just carry Jed/Hall/Pock as the extra players.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 11:24 PM
Esa 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
Yep. Hall brings ZERO to the team. I mean most nights I forget he is even a Ranger. I'd drop Ozo AND Orr and just carry Jed/Hall/Pock as the extra players.
I think your math is a little off. We can carry 3 extra players, but Orts would be part of everyday line-up. So your extras should be Pock, Hall, Orr. There's nothing wrong with Orr as the 2nd spare forward who plays occasionally against the likes of Isles, Flyers, etc.

And here's the best reason for keeping Orr around: who does more damage to the Rangers when playing, Ozo or Orr? Do you really want to tempt Renney with Ozo hanging around, eating up 3 million of cap space?

Esa 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 01:29 AM
VEGASRANGERFAN

I don't think there is really an easy answer as to who sits. I guess if I had to choose it would be Hall but I honestly don't see that happening. Whatever happens, I hope Ortmeyer starts the game in his first game back. I think he would get a nice ovation when they announce his name and that would be awesome for him.

VEGASRANGERFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 01:50 AM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrOck View Post
orr is a complete waste of life.. he should of stepped up last night and pounded someone for that cheap hit on jagr.. if there was ever a situation for orr to step up it was last night.. he's proven nothing to keep himself on this roster let alone any nhl roster.. bye bye orr.. and don't let hall wander too far behind you b/c he's another useless body on this roster..
A complete waste of life? Who the hell do you think you are? At least he plays for the NY Rangers. Christ, give the guy a break.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote