HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexei Morozov

Old
12-13-2006, 07:22 PM
mike14

vCash: 500
Alexei Morozov

According to NHL.com he's eyeing a return next season

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid...e&service=page

Would anyone here want him as a blueshirt?

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 07:32 PM
The Big Apple

No thank you he is a defensive liability.

The Big Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 07:54 PM
TheRedressor

another swift no.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 07:58 PM
Geogaddi

Thats a big NO.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Alexei who?

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 01:58 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Apple View Post
No thank you he is a defensive liability.
Who told you that?

The guy was finally coming into his own after having the Craig Patrick special development route playing with the Dan Kesa's on the 4th line. One wrist injury was the only setback he had in the last 4-5 seasons, and he outperformed everyone in the RSL the last 2+ seasons, including every NHL player during the lockout there and Malkin last season.
If he returns to the NHL, I'd be surprised if he isn't at least a 25+35 point guy, who WON'T hurt you defensively.

Problem is, he's the biggest star in the RSL, and cos of the lower taxes, he'd have to get around 3+ million a season here to equal his paycheck there.

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 08:40 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Oh God no.

12-14-2006, 08:47 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Yes, but only against the Devils.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 08:50 AM
94now

Sather should have signed him last summer. Knowing that he isn't going to be inclined to shell out by far more next July.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 10:11 AM
Ola

Nah don't like the type. Pretty slow, non physical and poor defensivly.

Could be a good pickup, but not for us..

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 12:46 PM
Its a PP Goal

Only if Mario Lemieux comes with him (after he visits the fountain of youth)

Its a PP Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i dont think i can say no vehemently enough.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 03:23 PM
Slitty

Interesting that you should discuss Morozov as a possibility, he turned down a $3.5 million offer from the Rangers last offseason.

Slitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 03:25 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitty View Post
Interesting that you should discuss Morozov as a possibility, he turned down a $3.5 million offer from the Rangers last offseason.
Where/when did you see this? I don't recall seeing that at all. And I can't see anyway that Sather would have offered him that much. And he'd be nuts to turn it down.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 03:55 PM
Slitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Where/when did you see this? I don't recall seeing that at all. And I can't see anyway that Sather would have offered him that much. And he'd be nuts to turn it down.
This is per Morozov, I don't recall it being circulated in the media - but I will take a look. In terms of being nuts to turn it down: he also received a $3.5 million three year deal from Ak Bars(1), so I guess the perks of playing in the RSL outweighed the positives of a return to the NHL in Morozov's mind.

(1)No idea how heavy taxes are in the state of New York, but I assume playing in Kazan' resulted in more actual money for Morozov.

Slitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 04:01 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
well it would not have shocked me, he is prolly one of Jagr's buddies. Anything is possible. He did pay Malik 2.5 a season and he aint worth that.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 04:31 PM
shoothepuck

Hell no to this. Let him stay where he is and earn all the cash they think he's worth

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitty View Post
I defenitly take your word on it, but its not uncommon that agents floats rumors in Europe to get up the interest for their players.

The agents in Europe are allot more "dirty" then the ones in NA. If Don Meehan went out and lied about his players getting interest from some NHL teams he would be black listed. Though here in Europe thats how it works, especially in Soccer. A typical scenario in Soccer is that a agent goes out and says that his player is really close to signing with Man Utd, then after a week he says that his player haven't signed yet because he haven't made up his mind about wheter to sign for Man Utd or AC Milan, then after 3 weeks that player signs with a 3rd team. After a while you find out that there never were any interest in that player from AC Milan or Man Utd.

Mariuz Czerkawski played in Sweden during the lockout. He really stunk, and failed to take a regular spot, and were a healty scratch for most of the season.

The summer before last season I saw some small reports that Czerkawski were thinking about quiting. Then in early august there were a big pice in a Swedish newspaper with a interview with Czerkawski's agent, he said that Czerkawski had two offers on the table, one from NYR and one from Detroit. 3-4 days later Stratchan reported the same thing, Czerkawski were gooing to NYR or Detroit, some Swede had probably passed along the info. I am 99.9% sure that we had zero interest in Marre at the time. It didn't make any sense. Czerkawski were in such a bad shape at the time that I am 100% sure he wouldn't even have gotten a offer from a single SEL. Anyway, about 2 weeks after Stratchan had reported about it, Czerkawski signed a 1+m deal with Toronto. Czerkawski of course stunk up the joint in Toronto. I am pretty sure that Toronto really had no clue what they were getting, they wanted a fast winger, they were in desparte need of scoring, saw reports in the newspapers that Czerkawski were available and took a chance on him, they probably thought that if NYR and Detroit are interested in him, he probably were atleast in decent shape.

So I wouldn't at all be suprised if its the same story all over but with Morozov. Now Morozov is allot better then Czerkawski, but that his agent want to create some buzz around him.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2006, 06:37 PM
The Big Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
Who told you that?

The guy was finally coming into his own after having the Craig Patrick special development route playing with the Dan Kesa's on the 4th line. One wrist injury was the only setback he had in the last 4-5 seasons, and he outperformed everyone in the RSL the last 2+ seasons, including every NHL player during the lockout there and Malkin last season.
If he returns to the NHL, I'd be surprised if he isn't at least a 25+35 point guy, who WON'T hurt you defensively.

Problem is, he's the biggest star in the RSL, and cos of the lower taxes, he'd have to get around 3+ million a season here to equal his paycheck there.
The RSL is way different then the NHL There buddy. Throughout his years in the NHL he was very poor defensively and benefited from playing with guys who could score like super Mario. Even if he does get 25-30 points, its not worth for our team who has enough problems defensively already. Craig Patrcik could of helped him, but no one could fix Morozov's defensive problem.

The Big Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 02:26 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Apple View Post
The RSL is way different then the NHL There buddy. Throughout his years in the NHL he was very poor defensively and benefited from playing with guys who could score like super Mario. Even if he does get 25-30 points, its not worth for our team who has enough problems defensively already. Craig Patrcik could of helped him, but no one could fix Morozov's defensive problem.

He doesn't have a defensive problem anymore. Hasn't had it for years. He played on PK before he left Pittsburgh, plays regularly on PK for hi club in the RSL.
I was talking about 25 + 35 = 60 points.
And the one season the RSL was crowded with NHL players he was still the best player on a team featuring Kovalchuk, Kovalev, Heatley and Lecavalier.
As for the RSL's defensive side, IMO his point production is much more impressive if you know it's a low scoring league and that he sersiously beat out every single player there in the last two years (apart from Jagr's Omsk's stint).
I'm not saying he's as good as Kovalchuk, but saying he's slow or a defensive liabilty like some in this thread seem to think is just not knowing the player.
The only reason he stayed in the RSL is making money for his family etc, assuring himself for the future.
To simplify it.. 3.5 million in the RSL = around 5 million in the NHL.

Next season, he would probably be willing to take 3 million IMO.. Cos he knows, dominating the RSL or not, he's not gonna get 5 million for a guy who hasn't played here since the lockout.

(and yes Slitty, I heard about the 3.5 million offer from the NHL he declined too, and most articles one of the teams were the Rangers)

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote