HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

The Expendables

Old
10-27-2013, 10:31 PM
JamieG

vCash: 500
Sobotka is definitely expendable. I could see him being part of a larger trade deadline type of deal for "the missing piece" . His contract is pretty good (not wanting to take salary back) and some teams could think he's ready for a larger role than the Blues use him in.

JamieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2013, 11:08 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 2357
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
Sobotka is definitely expendable. I could see him being part of a larger trade deadline type of deal for "the missing piece" . His contract is pretty good (not wanting to take salary back) and some teams could think he's ready for a larger role than the Blues use him in.
I don't see Sobotka being moved until we find another player that can lead the bottom 6 as well as he does. Sobotka is one of the best bottom 6 players in the league, there is no reason for him to be moved without massive overpayment.

Bluesman91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 01:11 AM
LightSoundGeometry
Light,Sound,Geometry

Steen
Tarasenko
Petrangelo
Schwartz
Sobotka
Backes
Oshie
bo

^ HONK HONK !

untouchable - noway Army lets anyone of these players go or there will be one angry, upset and crazed fan base!

"Sobotka is definitely expendable. I could see him being part of a larger trade deadline type of deal for "the missing piece" "

I don't even know how to respond to this ^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8GTHXTEvIc

wow ...Sobotka is the missing piece ..he is that playmaking center we been looking for ..I think he is like a ridiculous 79% in the face off circle .. plus he flies around like a human pinball and punishes the other teams physically. you seriously must not be watching or listening to any of the games.

I want to lock him up at 3-4 mil for 5+ years if I had my way and keep him on the 2nd line with senko and JS

Last edited by LightSoundGeometry: 10-29-2013 at 01:16 AM.
LightSoundGeometry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 01:19 PM
Vladys Gumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
I would argue that he's not expendable at all. How many players in this league can do what he does for 1.3 million? The answer is few, if any. Having a guy that you can slide up and down the lineup and have be effective is an extremely valuable piece. The fact that he's penciled in on the fourth line and Hitch plays him 15 minutes a game tells you everything you need to know about how the organization values him. I wouldn't move him at all.

Vladys Gumption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2013, 01:20 PM
Vladys Gumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightSoundGeometry View Post

I want to lock him up at 3-4 mil for 5+ years if I had my way and keep him on the 2nd line with senko and JS
He's not a 4 million dollar player. And ideally he's not a second liner either. His offense is not quite at the level it needs to be.

Old
10-29-2013, 02:00 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
What's wrong with appreciating Sobotka as a tenacious and energetic bottom 6 player who is really showing a lot of heart on the ice? It doesn't make him a regular top 6 player (if the top 6 are playing at their potential) but it gives the coach some flexibility with how to use his roster. I'm glad to have him on the team, but that doesn't mean he's more than he is.

Teams win games by making shrewd pro-scouting assessments. The Blues appear to have done that when they acquired Steen and Sobotka. But there will be other guys that are worth more than they appeared.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 10:40 AM
DeuceNine
Wall of Shame

These are interesting posts, but the truth is, anyone is movable for the right return.

That said, I think Polak, Stewart, Elliott, Lapierre (if he's even tradeable now) and guys like Reaves and Cracks are all expendable. Thing is, you're not going to get much back for those guys other than more depth, so there's not a lot of reason to move them at all.

I'd like to see Stewart and Elliott packaged up with a pretty bow for Miller. Not that I have issue with Halak, but that instantly becomes the tandem to be reckoned with in the West.

DeuceNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 11:06 AM
Vladys Gumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceNine View Post
These are interesting posts, but the truth is, anyone is movable for the right return.

That said, I think Polak, Stewart, Elliott, Lapierre (if he's even tradeable now) and guys like Reaves and Cracks are all expendable. Thing is, you're not going to get much back for those guys other than more depth, so there's not a lot of reason to move them at all.

I'd like to see Stewart and Elliott packaged up with a pretty bow for Miller. Not that I have issue with Halak, but that instantly becomes the tandem to be reckoned with in the West.
For all intents and purposes, Backes and Pietrangelo are untouchable. The package a team would have to put together to get them would be so insane that no team would be able to do it.

Old
11-01-2013, 12:49 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceNine View Post

I would rather not be spending 11 million dollars on a goaltending tandem. That's just me.

Also doesn't make much sense to trade guys like Lapierre, Reaves, Cracknell for depth considering they ARE the depth.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2013, 06:21 PM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Yeah, it's just one idea. I'm sure other specific targets might emerge as we talk about it more. Maybe it becomes clear to the Isles that Vanek has no interest in re-signing, or maybe the Isles are sellers at the deadline (though they are in a putrid division and shouldn't be). Stewart has an extra year. If it becomes clear the Isles are giving up a 1st and 2d for a guy who's gonna walk and they're missing the playoffs, they have to salvage that trade somehow.
Spot on, I am convinced Armstrong would explore landing Vanek at the trade deadline if this transpires on Long Island.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote