HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

500 hockey

Old
12-15-2006, 07:27 AM
billpo

vCash: 500
500 hockey

Is 500 hockey all this team is capable of ? When you look at the roster....no. Then there is something else wrong.
No Heart...soft...COACHING?

billpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 07:28 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpo View Post
When you look at the roster....no.
The roster without Alfredsson, Redden and Schaefer and which has a number of other players who shouldn't be playing but are?

That's heart in my mind.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 07:32 AM
The Fuhr*

The teams fine, new players new roles. Lots of injuries. I think the Sens will be a strong second half tem, we will finish 2nd in the division and 4th in the confrence and do it rather easily.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 07:37 AM
armani
Guy Likes

vCash: 50
You are ever the optimist Fuhr86, but I like it. I too think the Sens will finish second in the division and will finish between 4-8 in the Eastern standings.

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 08:03 AM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by armani View Post
You are ever the optimist Fuhr86, but I like it. I too think the Sens will finish second in the division and will finish between 4-8 in the Eastern standings.
They fell back a bit since the Alfie injury but prior to that the Sens were in the top three in GF/GA at even strength (they are now 6th)

The Sens PP is clicking at 16.6% good for 16th in the league. Its been moving up and will break into the top 10 by the second half of the season and I think it can click at 20% so that would be a top 5 PP.

The PK has had its ups and downs this year and its at 81.5 % now. I think we have the talent to have the PK going at 87% and that would put the Sens 6th in the league.

So what are we really missing? Improved special teams play.

Teams that are top five in the league at es play and have a 20%PP and 85-87% PK dont miss the playoffs. Over the course of the entire season, teams that put up those numbers are the better teams in the league.

Special team play picks up and ES play stays the same and we become one of the better teams in the league. I am pretty confident that the special teams play will pick up. Too much talent not too.

Old
12-15-2006, 08:14 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86 View Post
The teams fine, new players new roles. Lots of injuries. I think the Sens will be a strong second half tem, we will finish 2nd in the division and 4th in the confrence and do it rather easily.
I'm not sure if the talent, heart or desire is there for that with this team. In fact, I think they are too comfortable in their surroundings, this buddy buddy thing and everyone gets along just isn't working and hasn't worked in yrs. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing year after year and hoping for a different out come. It never happens, it may not come this year but I'm beginning to believe that this team needs some big changes. We didn't win with the guys we lost so it's hard to know what to do next, because these guys aren't cuting it either.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 08:15 AM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
boo your thread stopped all 5 of mine from being in a row.

We'll be fine, guys. Stop worrying.

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 08:17 AM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I'm not sure if the talent, heart or desire is there for that with this team. In fact, I think they are too comfortable in their surroundings, this buddy buddy thing and everyone gets along just isn't working and hasn't worked in yrs. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing year after year and hoping for a different out come. It never happens, it may not come this year but I'm beginning to believe that this team needs some big changes. We didn't win with the guys we lost so it's hard to know what to do next, because these guys aren't cuting it either.
I don't think we need roster changes but I am beginning to think we need a coaching change.

Old
12-15-2006, 08:35 AM
OttawaGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86 View Post
I don't think we need roster changes but I am beginning to think we need a coaching change.
Coaching has nothing to do with it. When they play the way the coach is asking them to play they win 6-0. When they come up flat and give 5-10% the entire night they lose 6-0. That's nothing to do with coaching.

OttawaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 08:42 AM
billpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaGM View Post
Coaching has nothing to do with it. When they play the way the coach is asking them to play they win 6-0. When they come up flat and give 5-10% the entire night they lose 6-0. That's nothing to do with coaching.
are you saying they are not listening to him?

billpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 11:13 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I'm not sure if the talent, heart or desire is there for that with this team. In fact, I think they are too comfortable in their surroundings, this buddy buddy thing and everyone gets along just isn't working and hasn't worked in yrs. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing year after year and hoping for a different out come.
Yes, that's the definition of insanity. But the definition of ignorance is failing to recognize that this works on other teams in other leagues and clubhouse cancers rarely lead a team anywhere. Jerks in sports hardly win, they just move around from team to team. In the rare instance they do win, it's because their talents allowed their teammates to put up with their crap for up to a season, before management made them somebody elses problem.

Montreal just excised Ribiero, Theodore and Dagenais from the lockerroom. That combined with the hiring of good coaches has lead to team to a great start this season.

I take it this is the "What's wrong" thread? ... All of my criticism's will be directed here for the most part.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 11:41 AM
Altimus
Probably drunk

Send a message via AIM to Altimus Send a message via MSN to Altimus
whats missing is stability.

no solid lines, no no. 1 goalie, no defensemen focusing on defense.

Altimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 11:45 AM
senility

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that they'll have the best record in the east in January. That's quite a home stand they've got, and I'm sure they all understand the importance of taking advantage of it. Presumably Alfie and Redden will be back to full speed by then and hopefully no other key pieces will go down. Barring a monumental collapse on their part, we won't be catching Buffalo, but I think the 4th 5th or 6th seed is very likely. As long as they don't draw the Sabres before round two I'll be happy.

senility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2006, 12:15 PM
arbo

Well, we see the Sabres next so maybe it's the cycle continuing: win against the Sabres, get confidence, start a winning streak, let the confidence fade, lose, lose some more, MEET THE SABRES AGAIN, WIN! Repeat until we've hit our 6th place seed.

Gerber should get the start.

arbo is offline   Reply With Quote